It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by tothetenthpower

For starters, it is NOT a secret.

We are discussing it here, it is being discussed ALL over the net and has been for quite a number of years.

One reason we can't all just take our scopes into the back garden and see this thing, is that it is reportedly coming from a southern direction, that is, it's coming towards us from our South pole position, so unless you had your scope set up in Antarctica, you wouldn't see it.

Quite interesting then, that a brand new and very large radio telescope was recently (a year or two ago) installed at...you guessed it - the South pole! Perfectly situated to observe this thing.

If it is 'The tenth planet', Nibiru, or planet X it is said to have a roughly 3,600 year elliptical orbit.

My question would be this...have archeologists discovered any evidence of mass extinctions, immense tidal waves, mega earthquakes, mega volcanic eruptions, mass burnings due to CMEs, on a repeating 3,600 year cycle?

To my knowledge, they have not. At least there is no published data to support global turmoil and kill offs, every 3,600 years.

That tells me one of three things.

1) Nibiru/planet X doesn't exist.

2) Nibiru/Planet X does exist, but has no discernible or minimal physical effects on life on Earth and does not create huge disasters for us during it's passage around Sol.

3) Nibiru/Planet X does exist and DOES create periodic (3,600 year cycle) catastrophe for us and other life here on Earth, and the evidence for this in the archeological record has been buried or otherwise hidden from us to prevent panic.

I'm hoping for 1. or 2. (of course), but how likely is 3.?

While I am not convinced this is a Dwarf star and think its possibly a supernova, this documentary, documenting core ice samples, frozen magma samples, and archeological underwater ruins amongst many others would suggest there is a record of exactly what you speak of, and a regular cylce of cosmic dust trapped in our ice samples.

The Horizon Project documentary part 1 of 8 (Brent Miller)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yeah, the star has blown off its outer atmosphere. If you look dead center of the pic you will see whats left behind is a white dwarf, which is super dense hence why the ejected atmosphere is still very loosely held buy the white dwarves gravity.

Great pic

[edit on 063131p://f53Wednesday by Selahobed]

[edit on 063131p://f53Wednesday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Funny how no other media outlet over here has published this story yet, in fact the web site the OP linked doesnt even seem to gave thestory, and Ive certainly never heard of it until now

Edit: Thanks for the link, but Im a bit reluctant to agree with someone calling themselves starviewer team. Will have to wait and see if this is genuine, but as of yet, no other media outlet has said anything

[edit on 8/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

Its very funny because, most of us think our news dramatized, then you go to another country like Mexico or Australia and you realize our national enquirer is about the norm for breaking news. they have no pillar of reliability to stand on. like CNN during the first gulf war!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

This is strange... The Starweaver Team? Never heard of 'em. ALSO, if it is true, then no-one is going to broadcast that information worldwide for mass panic may set in!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
For those talking about the Washington Post article:
spider.ipac.caltech.edu...
This is just a small part

These objects were therefore "mystery objects", at least until the mysteries were solved in short order. These sources all turned out to be distant galaxies except one which was a wisp of Galactic infrared cirrus (Soifer 1987, Annual Review of Astronomy & Astrophysics 25:187), and no such source has ever turned out to be a solar-system object.

Nonetheless, The Planet Nibiru goes on to say:

The United States Government squashed the story immediately! For some arcane top-secret reason the government doesn't want to alarm or panic the general public by disclosure of this discovery. Why? Because a race of super-beings inhabits that planet, and common knowledge of this fact would have people screaming in the streets.

Somehow the author of that page missed the following papers which reported the follow-up results for the eight galaxies out of the nine sources:

* Aaronson & Olszewski 1984, Nature 309:414. Six of the sources are high intensity IR galaxies.
* Antonucci & Olszewski 1985, Astronomical Journal 90:2203; 1986, Astronomical Journal 91:56. Resolved which galaxy was the counterpart of one IRAS source; measured or derived upper limits to angular sizes and obtained radio spectra of five galaxies.
* Houck et al. 1985, Astrophysical Journal Letters 290:L5. Six of the unidentified IRAS sources are ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies.

but that is probably understandable, since few non-astronomers read the technical astronomical literature, and since no press conference was held to announce those results. Even if a press conference had been held, it probably wouldn't have been published by the press anyway since this news wasn't nearly as exciting.

The amusing thing is that probably every one of those authors, and certainly myself as well, would much rather have these "mystery objects" turn out to be a solar-system object filled with life. (Although perhaps not inhabited by a race of "super-beings" - the fun would go out of science for us if we were hopelessly behind these "super-beings" in science abilities....) Further, I take no small amount of pleasure in being designated as part of a U.S. Government conspiracy to "squash" this delightful story!

And there’s this:
pseudoastro.wordpress.com...
Exposing PseudoAstronomy
November 3, 2009
Planet X and 2012: Why Gilbert Eriksen's "Wormwood" Won't Be Showing Up

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto. "If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists would even begin to classify it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So astronomers who were using an infrared orbiting telescope couldn't tell the difference between a "giant gaseous planet that casts no light" and an "ultrahigh-luminosity galaxy?"

Seems implausible...

[edit on 10-12-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

While I am not convinced this is a Dwarf star and think its possibly a supernova, this documentary, documenting core ice samples, frozen magma samples, and archeological underwater ruins amongst many others would suggest there is a record of exactly what you speak of, and a regular cylce of cosmic dust trapped in our ice samples.

Can't see your video, but I mentioned Ice Core samples as supporting this claim, a few pages back - note bullet #4...

Some points that lend a little credit to the Nibiru/PlanetX/Wormwood/Destroyer faithful...

1) Supression of information is a factor to be considered for sure - it is rumored that in one way or another, The Vatican, NSA or other secretive governing body is heavily involved in both the ownership and/or filtering of data from the majority of the major telescopes, regardless as to whether publicly or privately owned - and it's not just limited to Nibiru. There are other 'projects' that complain regularly that "the data IS there, but not being released" (moon base advocates, for example) - the biggest argument from most detractors is "WHERE IS IT?" - we should definitely see it by now - can't say I don't partially agree with this sentiment. Although... as many have mentioned here, already, this is a brown dwarf, and only viewable in the IR spectrum. But also keep in mind...

2) Last year, right about the time when (the numbers say) people shouldve been complaining that 'if Nibiru were coming, we would see it by now' [even if they HAD personal IR telescopes] there was a massive disinformation campaign launched against supporters who were supposedly providing solid evidence that it was in fact on the way. I'm still not sure I buy this whole theory anyway - only suspiscious thing I've ever read about this, [other than THIS bullet] is #3, below, but you have to ask the question: why would someone go to the trouble of disproving a theory considered too wild all by itself, to begin with?! And, the people who launched this campaign had a LOT of access, and a LOT of know-how - and likely had a team of hackers working in total concert as they took over accounts and shutdown others (?) - why all the effort?! I'll see if I can find the YouTube vid about it - I seem to remember the name Nibiru Shock(?) or something, if someone wants to help out.

3) The 1983 Washington Post article that was published and then immediately retracted (rumored under force/threat) - I WAS able to find that link: www.planet-x.150m.com...

For your convenience, I have posted an excerpt, below - I'm sure most have seen this before. Remember this was countered, vehemently and immediately...

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

4) Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

Not sure what happened 1,600(?)* But you can extrapolate to there and ~2012, obviously.

* perhaps the flyby was 'kind' (i.e. distant) that time(?)

And, finally, and certainly not least...

5) A quick question: Why is there NO mention of the Kolbrin Bible on Wikipedia? As far as I can tell the civs/religions that contributed to the txt are all legit? Even if they weren't, I see no reason why something as popularly speculated (and hotly contested) as this would not find it's way into the largest online repository for knowledge/information in the world(?!)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

Great post, now we must all keep an eye on the situation and try to find as much info as possible. SHTF could be bigger and any of us expected.

Edited to delete redundant information.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by Phage
This year there have been 8 earthquakes of 7.5 or greater. There has been an annual average of 4.4 such earthquakes since 1973. The highest number was 10 in 2007. There were 8 in 1975. There were 7 in 1973, 1978, 1985, 2000, and 2001.

There is no increase in activity.

Wrong again:

June 18, 2008
Today's Quakes Deadlier Than In Past
Study: Seismic Activity 5 Times More Energetic Than 20 Years Ago Because Of Global Warming

(AP) New research compiled by Australian scientist Dr. Tom Chalko shows that global seismic activity on Earth is now five times more energetic than it was just 20 years ago.

The research proves that destructive ability of earthquakes on Earth increases alarmingly fast and that this trend is set to continue, unless the problem of "global warming" is comprehensively and urgently addressed.

The analysis of more than 386,000 earthquakes between 1973 and 2007 recorded on the US Geological Survey database proved that the global annual energy of earthquakes on Earth began increasing very fast since 1990.

Dr. Chalko said that global seismic activity was increasing faster than any other global warming indicator on Earth and that this increase is extremely alarming.

"The most serious environmental danger we face on Earth may not be climate change, but rapidly and systematically increasing seismic, tectonic and volcanic activity," said Dr. Chalko.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.cbsnews.com...

Except I doubt anthropomorphic global warming is the cause.

It's great to be able to quote some facts, you beat me to it. I just know because I've been on Earth long enough to see that report is true. It's what I've seen and experienced. The quakes in California can long rolling 5 or 6 pointers or some are violent enough to toss stuff everywhere.

Someone mentioned Darth Vader and death star... When the force is throwing things around the room and you can't catch stuff fast enough it can be quite an experience.

I wanted to comment also that the quakes have indeed shown much more extensive damage throughout the world. They may only be 6-7 maybe 8 but they are hitting the worst places possible and killing many more people and damaging property more severely.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
"Right Ascention 18 - sweep left & right to adjust for parallax."

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
4) Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

Hmmm, all these events occurred at 3,600 year intervals. Wonder what could've caused these "great times of geologic stress?" And what a coincidence, some kind of cataclysmic global event happened in 1600 BC that stunted the growth of trees around the world for 2-3 years (from tree ring analysis of oak trees in Irish bogs and Bristlecone Pines in CA). It's also when one of the world's largest volcanic eruptions occurred -- Thera, on the island of Santorini, which Plato and some researchers believe sunk Atlantis.

The ice cores show the disturbances starting in 1644 BC (registering in 1645 BC) and the tree rings show a big spike in 1628 BC which was probably the eruption of Thera, though the entire period was disturbed long after. At that point, the planet would be so shrouded in volcanic debris that subsequent tree rings would probably show little further variation due to adaptation.

Yoshiyuki Fujii and Okitsugu Watanabe demonstrate that "large scale environmental changed possibly occurred in the Southern Hemisphere in the middle of the Holocene." [Microparticle Concentration And Electrical Conductivity of A 700 m Ice Core from Mizuho Station Antarctic, published in Annals of Glaciology (1-, 1988) pp. 38-42] (Within the last 10,000 years). Their depth profiles of microparticle concentration, electrical conductivity and Oxygen 18 at circa 1600 BC indicates a spike in readings for all of these elements. The evidence shows that this disturbance covered this designated period, but with a "huge spike" at c. 1600 BC.

Similar evidence exists at 5200 BC. This period shows less severe but similar climatological stress. The oxygen 18 profile is close to normal, but there is a visible volcanic dirt band. The dating of this segment is less close because it is clear that nobody is really looking for this cycle, but it appears to correspond to the ash band from the Byrd station core. [ cf. G. Cope Schellhorn, Ph.D.:Evidence of Cyclical Earth Changes, from When Men are Gods] In an article in Nature, November 1980, C.U. Hammer, H. B. Clausen and Dansgaard date a disturbance from the Camp Century ice core to 5470 BC +/- 120 years. This compares to the proposed Hekla eruption which was radiocarbon dated to 5450 BC +/- 190 years. There is an appreciably high acidity signal at these sections of the core which indicates a high level of volcanic activity - again, right at the 3600 year cycle mark.

It is conjectured that the cycle goes unnoticed because of long-term after-effects, such as cooling climate, as well as the fact that each cycle has greater or lesser effects on the earth depending on the particular dynamical interactions within the solar system at any disruption.

What is clear is that something happens at 3600 year intervals as shown by the ice cores, and is capable of setting off prolonged periods of earth changes that are above the levels of ordinary uniformitarian geologic and climatalogical changes.

May you live in interesting times!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

And, that ain't just some made up bullsh*t, folks - THIS is your smoking gun for Nibiru / Planet X / Wormwood / Destroyer / All the sh*tty parts of the bible...

But, don't take my (and GoldenFleece') word for it. Order a copy for yourself from the International Glaciological Society!: www.igsoc.org...

116-120
Soluble impurities in four Antarctic ice cores over the last 30 000 years
Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas

[edited to fix link / titles]

[edit on 12/10/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There have been no 8.0 earthquakes since 2007.
8.0 Samoa Islands

Wow Phage, I had to call you on that one pard.

That Washing Post article is very damning evidence. At least for me.I have seen the Media drop stories like that so many times over the
years. So that article cries fowl big time.

Now how much evidence do we have that a celestial body is headed our
way? Quite a bit if you don't believe in coincidence.

I think for someone to say there isn't one at all, is blowing smoke.
It's like claiming God dosn't exist.
You would have to have full knowledge of the universe to make that claim.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

personally, i'm laying odds down early that there IS NOT a Nibiru.
simply because the gravitational effects of such an entity in the alleged location would literally WREAK HAVOC.

That is a very good bet, but haven't we had sporadic reports of Havoc already? I can remember (just off the top of my head) At least two very large impacts on Jupiter, a very large impact on our own sun, some type of large "dark" comet passing through the outer orbits of the Solar System, something passing through and disrupting Saturn's rings. And those are just the ones that were in the MSM and NASA releases over the past few months!

Forgot to mention the reported possibility of one of our nearest neighbors going SuperNova at this time and Astronomers watching it carefully. No catastrophic consequences, just some very interesting sky watching!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
nd your post is replete with other misinfo. You say that Hawking (not Hawkins radiation is in the infrared spectrum. Given the right mass black hole, it could be, but usually not. Hawking-Beckenstien Radiation is thermal perfect black body radiation, dependent on mass and corrected for gauge/gravity duality(also known as the AdS/CFT correspondence). One must also take into account the trans-Planckian issue, the Unruh effect, and red shift. The black hole at our galaxy's center is 4000 solar masses, and therefore emits in the x-ray band. Not far infrared. It's far too massive for that.To be exact, Hawking radiation has a blackbody (Planck) spectrum with a temperature T given bykT = hbar g / (2 pi c) = hbar c / (4 pi rs)where k is Boltzmann's constant, hbar = h / (2 pi) is Planck's constant divided by 2 pi, and g = G M / rs2 is the surface gravity at the horizon, the Schwarzschild radius rs, of the black hole of mass M. Numerically, the Hawking temperature is T = 4 × 10-20 g Kelvin if the gravitational acceleration g is measured in Earth gravities (gees).

Edit to try and find out what happened to the first part of the post.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Has anybody checked this guys thread yet. It does sound related.
I do not believe in coincidence.

Komp UK

infrared

[edit on 10-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The thing that bothers me the most about this subject is that the whole Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood, discussion often eclipses the fact that for 20 years now there is a perfectly sound scientific theory that is yet to be disproved for lack of data which is that our sun may very well be a part of a binary system that includes a red dwarf star.

If as our available data gathers Sun's little sister is found her name has already been picked by the scientific community - "Nemesis".

I personally do not disregard any of the theories made based on archaeology, etc. and love to read them. However, to disregard the idea that our solar system is a binary system just quoting 2012, Nibiru, Wormwood, Planet X theories is in my opinion a poorly informed opinion.

We are now a few years (I'm sure many others will claim many conspiracy theories to say it has already been found and is hidden and I do not discredit you - maybe... but I'm talking mainstream here
) we are few years away from having the technology up there to answer this question that has not been answered for over 2 decades - is the Sun a binary system? Or is there a Nemesis after all?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I'd like to see Dr. Chalko's published work on the subject but can't seem to find any. Can you help with that? See, I have a problem understanding that MSM article. I'd like to know more about how he comes to his conclusions.

Here is a chart of the annual number of earthquakes of 7.0 and greater since 1900. If anything, it appears that there has been less activity (not more) since 1990.

neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To me, that means things are being saved up for a big event. We should not take things easy thinking we are not going to see any increase in activity. At least that is how things seem to work on this planet.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by win 52

But it does not show an increase, which is what Dr. Chalko says there has been.

Do you think the Earth is "saving up" for this alleged brown dwarf?

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join