It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

I think this "Brown Dwarf" can only been seen in the infrared spectrum. p

Brown dwarfs typically emit heat in the form of infra red as their main form of emission. As with all matter they are also able to reflect light. Jupiter has a similar composition to a brown dwarf and is easy to spot in the night sky because it reflects the sun so well.

Think of it this way, a cup full of hot drinks emits heat. It does not emit in the optical part of the spectrum. Yet it is easy to see since it reflects light.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SquirrelNutz

[THIS QUOTE IS FROM ANOTHER SOURCE]
Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

Would love your input.

As I recently researched this topic here is my input:

It seems to be made up by wild fantasy and written down in another forum. Now I happened to look through the document, which can be downloaded here and I ask myself:

Where are these spikes the poster was talking about? I see none. At least none in regular gaps of 3.600 years. There are about 2 or 3 over the time of 30.000 years and that's about it. Please point them out to me because I can't see them. I see this text above quoted in multiple forums as a "proof" of Nibiru, and now believe none of these people who believe this quot did ever bother to read the document themselves.
edit on 21-12-2014 by anotherdaytoday because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherdaytoday

Hercolubus inbound. Just have faith.

www.Hercolubus.tv

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: discl0sur3

Unless you own a telescope that can view in infrared, you will not be able to see this object...it's a brown dwarf star.

Brown Dwarfs reflect just as much light as any other object. Even a coal-black object (such as comet 67P that Rosetta is now orbiting) will look relatively bright when the sun shines on it.

When astronomers say they need an infrared telescope to see a brown dwarf, they are talking about brown dwarfs that are out there far away and alone -- where the sun is not shining on it.

Any brown dwarf that is in the solar system near the orbits of the planets would be visible. A brown dwarf near Saturn or Jupiter would be at least as bright to the naked eye as Saturn or Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

And besides, many amateur astronomers have infrared cameras and can actually photograph a brown dwarf many light years away. Our own "ngchunter" took such a photo (which he shared here on ATS), so if someone claims that there's a brown dwarf anywhere near (let alone inside) our Solar System, give its coordinates and the amateur astronomers will gladly point their telescopes there.

Astronomy is a collective (and public) enterprise. In fact, every new comet or asteroid discovered by someone needs to be confirmed by other astronomers. There's no hiding or keeping secrets there. The night sky is up there for all to see.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

We would see it because the visible light spectrum is so huge?

The visible light spectrum is small, that is why there are so many space and ground based infra-red telescopes.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

We would see it because the visible light spectrum is so huge?

The visible light spectrum is small, that is why there are so many space and ground based infra-red telescopes.

It doesn't matter how small the visible light spectrum is. Our eyes can see the visible light spectrum.

Therefore, if there was a brown dwarf-sized object sitting in our solar system (even as far away as Saturn), our Sun's visible light would reflect off of the brown dwarf and into our eyes. The Sun would light up the brown dwarf, making it visible, just like it lights up Jupiter and Saturn.

edit on 12/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Amateur astronomers can detect objects fainter than Pluto (which is smaller than the Moon and is extremely far away), in visible light. They would surely detect a Jupiter- (or larger-) sized brown dwarf many times further away than Pluto, again, in visible light, because it would reflect sunlight.

~~~

It's funny how the simple physics of an object reflecting sunlight gets lost on those who believe in Nibiru/Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There is no brown dwarf closer than a few light-years to our solar system. The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) spacecraft and the Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA) would have spotted it by now.
edit on 24-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
There is no brown dwarf closer than a few light-years to our solar system. The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) spacecraft and the Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA) would have spotted it by now.

You make the mistaken assumption we would be told about such things.

The PTB can't even bring themselves to tell us about an ET presence on the Moon or in general interacting with our planet, they can't even tell us the truth about things like who really assassinated Kennedy or their foreknowledge of things like Pearl Harbour and 911.

I think your assumption has no validity.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

That is my main question: is how does a Brown Dwarf just happen to end up in our neck of the woods without being here the whole time. We are talking about a Jupiter size object but denser, and we could not detect it until now?

edit on 26-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 26-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Pot calling kettle black? You just posted a whole bunch of unsubstantiated conspiracy claims, and think this somehow affects the validity of astronomy discoveries.

Besides, unless I'm mistaken, all of WISE data is publically available.

Astronomy is carried out by astronomers. TPTB (aka the politicians) are busy with global domination and political games.
edit on 26-12-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
poleshift.ning.com...

poleshift.ning.com...
double post sorry on a phone

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

poleshift.ning.com...

poleshift.ning.com...
double post sorry on a phone

And do you have anything to add to that link? It's bad forum practice to just throw a link and not say anything about it. What is it? Does it offer anything on the subject of this thread?

(I had a look, but upon seeing the name of Nancy Leider, you know a lot of people will laugh and shake their heads)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
poleshift.ning (AKA Nancy (I'm going to kill my dog and all of you should too) Leider) as a source??

:sigh:

edit on 12/26/2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daz__

What does the helix nebula have to do with this supposed brown dwarf? They are not even near one another, you either got duped or you are attempting to dupe another.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

poleshift.ning.com...

zetatalk/poleshift ning seem like some kind of internet cult, and I would be very wary of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please consider being a little more respectful to your buddy, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join