It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by spikey
...One reason we can't all just take our scopes into the back garden and see this thing, is that it is reportedly coming from a southern direction, that is, it's coming towards us from our South pole position, so unless you had your scope set up in Antarctica, you wouldn't see it.

Quite interesting then, that a brand new and very large radio telescope was recently (a year or two ago) installed at...you guessed it - the South pole! Perfectly situated to observe this thing...

There is no such thing as an object in space that can only be seen from the South Pole. ALL objects in space located in the Earth's south direction would be visible in almost all of the southern hemisphere.

For example, Polaris (the North Star) is directly above Earth's north pole, yet it can be seen from almost the entire northern hemisphere. I live about half-way between the pole and the equator, and the North Star is very visible in my night sky and is relatively high above the horizon.

The idea that an object is hidden from our view and can only be seen from Antarctica is a myth originated by Nibiru believers.

Some objects far from our Sun may be hard to detect using the visible light spectrum, but that's another issue.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

woops

[edit on 9-12-2009 by scrybe]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Thanks Imagir.

That's the one...couldn't remember the name.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If this has already been said I apologize. As some have mentioned, it can only be seen by IR right now. The reason this is, is because it's like a wanna be sun for all you non geeks. I'll explain since I am a geek. Imagine, rubbing two sticks together to start a fire. You do this over and over and over, and yet still no flame. However, say you just needed to do it a couple of more times before it ignited. However, you didn't. You stopped. That doesn't mean all your energy dissapeared. It just means you didn't give it enough energy to change phases. That's what is happening here. Nibiru eithernever ignite due to lack of mass, or flamed out. Our govt knows it. As well as japan's, china's, Europe, and austrailia. Look up the amount of IR satellites and telescopes that are being sent up by japan and the us alone this year. The us just spent over a billion dollars to put one in the south pole. And for what reason you may ask? My bet is something that you can't see with the naked eye. And just so you know, it's been suggested that it will be visible by the naked eye by summer of 2011.

I hope this never happens. I just want you guys to have the knowledege. I've researched this for 2 years. If anyone wants more info, feel free to ask.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Assuming it is a real object....

The idea that this can only be detected from Antarctica is impossible. The only way this would work is if the object were to remain perfectly below Antarctica at 0 degrees. In that case, no one in the Southern Hemisphere could see it unless they were in Antarctica, since the object would always be below the horizon in places like South Africa or New Zealand.

But, the Earth is always moving, so we would expect to be able to detect the object from the Southern Hemisphere. If it is a brown dwarf, we'd probably have to use infrared detection to find it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

To fan the conspiracy flames a little;

You are correct regarding the speed of a celestial body in space and it's orbital mechanics etc.

BUT...what if..the Annunaki/Nibiru ET's have progressed even further in the last 3-4,000 years since their last visit here?

IF the Annunaki exist and IF Nibiru is where they are from, it is a given that as technological sophisticated as they were reported to be during their last visit here, they have has 3-4,000 years to develop further.

Imagine where humanity (assuming humans are still here) will be technologically in another 3 or 4,000 years..

Perhaps the improbable speed of the secondary solar system, is attributable, in theory anyway, to the Annunaki building what is known as a Dyson sphere.

This would make sense, as a brown dwarf would emit a lot less heat and light than Sol does, and to make the most of it, they would mine the Oort cloud, and other asteroids in order to encapsulate their entire system in a kind of gigantic 'Buckyball'. This can then be literally moved around where they wanted to go, as if it were a solar system sized space craft.

Yeah, i know it's far fetched...but that's what makes it interesting to me.

However far fetched though, it's still theoretically possible for an ultra advanced species to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

Whoops.

As it goes..your probably right there.

I'm probably getting mixed up with not being able to see it in the visible spectrum, and the South pole being the BEST place to see it.

I sit corrected, unless as you say scybe, it is coming in exactly @ 0 (180?) deg.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by spikey]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Then again, depending on how close it is and its mass, maybe we would see it if it reflected enough sunlight back to us.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

Hmmm...you'd think so, sooner or later wouldn't you.

Since it's orbit is supposed to be inside that of Pluto, according to the OP's article anyway, that it should start to become visible within the next six months or so, i would have thought.

Wait and see i guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

Thanks for the info.

Summer of 2011? Only gives us about a year to dig a hole a mile deep to hide in then! Oh dear.

While on the subject of hiding...has any pro-Nibiru amongst you made preparations to hide, hole up?

If so, what plans do you have? Where do you intend to go? What supplies are you planning to take? Do you think you stand a chance of survival?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

just when i thought i couldnt learn much more , you posted this video, thanks d, real meat and potatoes for self learning , congrats and blessings friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Please allow me to fan the proverbial (and literal, I guess) flames on this matter....

Some points that lend a little credit to the Nibiru/PlanetX/Wormwood/Destroyer faithful...

1) Supression of information is a factor to be considered for sure - it is rumored that in one way or another, The Vatican, NSA or other secretive governing body is heavily involved in both the ownership and/or filtering of data from the majority of the major telescopes, regardless as to whether publicly or privately owned - and it's not just limited to Nibiru. There are other 'projects' that complain regularly that "the data IS there, but not being released" (moon base advocates, for example) - the biggest argument from most detractors is "WHERE IS IT?" - we should definitely see it by now - can't say I don't partially agree with this sentiment. Although... as many have mentioned here, already, this is a brown dwarf, and only viewable in the IR spectrum. But also keep in mind...

2) Last year, right about the time when (the numbers say) people shouldve been complaining that 'if Nibiru were coming, we would see it by now' [even if they HAD personal IR telescopes] there was a massive disinformation campaign launched against supporters who were supposedly providing solid evidence that it was in fact on the way. I'm still not sure I buy this whole theory anyway - only suspiscious thing I've ever read about this, [other than THIS bullet] is #3, below, but you have to ask the question: why would someone go to the trouble of disproving a theory considered too wild all by itself, to begin with?! And, the people who launched this campaign had a LOT of access, and a LOT of know-how - and likely had a team of hackers working in total concert as they took over accounts and shutdown others (?) - why all the effort?! I'll see if I can find the YouTube vid about it - I seem to remember the name Nibiru Shock(?) or something, if someone wants to help out.

3) The 1983 Washington Post article that was published and then immediately retracted (rumored under force/threat) - I WAS able to find that link: www.planet-x.150m.com...

For your convenience, I have posted an excerpt, below - I'm sure most have seen this before. Remember this was countered, vehemently and immediately...

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

4) Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

Not sure what happened 1,600(?)* But you can extrapolate to there and ~2012, obviously.

* perhaps the flyby was 'kind' (i.e. distant) that time(?)

And, finally, and certainly not least...

5) A quick question: Why is there NO mention of the Kolbrin Bible on Wikipedia? As far as I can tell the civs/religions that contributed to the txt are all legit? Even if they weren't, I see no reason why something as popularly speculated (and hotly contested) as this would not find it's way into the largest online repository for knowledge/information in the world(?!)

[edited for grammar and spelling only]

[edit on 12/9/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

Isn't it 3-19 times the size of jupiter? Wouldn't it appear as just a dot in sky, maybe less since it's beyond pluto?

1.9M is almost twice as big as our Sun. It's hard to imagine that we would not see it yet, even if it is a Brown Dwarf it would still reflect the rays from Sol. But, It could be that Pluto's orbit is opposite Earth's in relation to the Sun at this time which would mean that it is the furthest away from us in it's orbital cycle, that could account for the lack of visual.

Just speculating... interesting post. S&F

I have a question. The article says 1.9MJ. MJ or Mega Joule does not indicate mass or size. It is a measurement for energy. So how do you know that this is twice the times of our sun. Unless they are saying Mj which means jupiter masses and related to black dwarfs usually. If this is the case our sun is approximately 1048 Mj's so 1.9 would have almost twice as much mass as jupiter. The largest brown dwarf limits are 80Mj's, not even a 1/12 of the mass of our sun

All in all size is not depicted here. If this object is a black dwarf and is the size of jupiter on the outskirts of our solar system. There is no way we would be able to see it with the naked eye and near impossible to find with your average telescope in my opinion

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by daz__

That actually doesnt make sense, as brown dwarfs are not visible to the naked eye anyway. The only way they can be seen is via infrared. Im still very skeptical about this, I dont trust the source at all, especially considering that nothing has been mentioned on a ny other news outylet here in Australia. [/qluote]
Actually, if you know where to look, you can see one. They are strong emitters in the infrared, but do show up as a dim dull red (not brown) at about 430-450 THz. That roughly corresponds to the 2500 deg temperature.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

Agreed. Also, they said it can be seen in Sagittarius on August 7, (MY BDAY! haha sorry). That means that today in Washington D.C., It would be to the east the sun most of the day today. Which you wouldn't see it at all today. That's saying it has remained in Sagittarius since August which is highly unlikely. I am to lazy to figure out where it would be now maybe later...

Astroviewer.com if you want to try to figure it out for yourself....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by scrybe

Since it's orbit is supposed to be inside that of Pluto, according to the OP's article anyway, that it should start to become visible within the next six months or so, i would have thought.

Wait and see i guess.

Brown dwarf suns are a bit brighter than gas giant planets ... and they're 10-20 times bigger than Jupiter. If it's inside the orbit of Pluto, every backyard astronomer with a good telescope would have found it by now (because someone would have spotted it, passed along the news, and everyone would have their telescopes on it.)

This is citizen science... not NASA, not anyone who could cover up anything. There's no evidence of disturbances of the other planets (which would be apparent by now, and again you'd have People With Telescopes screeching about it on every astronomy forum in the world) -- AND -- it would also mean that if you went hunting for the planets in the night sky, you couldn't find them.

I can assure you that they're right where they are predicted to be.

The story appears to be from a tabloid of some sort like those reporting on sightings of Bat Boy or that Elvis is now a zombie and is the lead opera singer in Omaha, Nebraska.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would love it if it was an advanced society in a brown dwarf sized ship that had technology so advaced it was cloaked, distorted gravity as to not disturb our solar system, could not been seen apart from a whaling shed in Antartica and they just hovered above earth until 21/12/2012 then droped the cloaks and watched the fireworks. This is the only way this theory would become a reality

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

reply to post by scrybe

Wait and see i guess.

Brown dwarf suns are a bit brighter than gas giant planets ... and they're 10-20 times bigger than Jupiter. If it's inside the orbit of Pluto, every backyard astronomer with a good telescope would have found it by now (because someone would have spotted it, passed along the news, and everyone would have their telescopes on it.)

This is citizen science... not NASA, not anyone who could cover up anything. There's no evidence of disturbances of the other planets (which would be apparent by now, and again you'd have People With Telescopes screeching about it on every astronomy forum in the world) -- AND -- it would also mean that if you went hunting for the planets in the night sky, you couldn't find them.

I can assure you that they're right where they are predicted to be.

The story appears to be from a tabloid of some sort like those reporting on sightings of Bat Boy or that Elvis is now a zombie and is the lead opera singer in Omaha, Nebraska.

Exactly.. Pictures from credible sources would be welcomed. Life is to short to be getting grey thinking about a brown dwarf, with the lack their of any proof. Lets see what developes in the coming days and weeks on this. I will say it is interesting if this story becomes... FACT

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daz__
reply to post by Pauligirl

something really stinks about all this.

Always look at the source. The article referred to in the OP was on australia.to. That is a website operated out of the Kingdom of Tonga, a very religious hereditary monarchy in the South Pacific. The scientific expertise on Tonga consists of a science department in a private Christian college. The "Starviewer Team" remains a mystery, except that a google search shows that it is a creation of wordpress, which is a commercial blog tool. I ndon't think they are springing for viewing time on Hubble.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

Where does it say it's inside the orbit of Pluto? If that's the case we can assign a value to it, which means it'd be detectable by now. If it's outside the orbit of Pluto, it's anyone's guess. As for it's mass, they're saying is 1.3MJ. From what I've read, the minimum mass of any brown dwarf is 13MJ, and even that number is debated. Maybe someone misplaced a decimal, otherwise all we have is a really big planet.

I think it's a really cool idea but I just don't see any evidence to prove it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

1.9mj means Jupiter mass. And that is NOT twice the size of the sun. Secondly a brown dwarf doesn't give light off in the visible spectrum from that far away. It only emmits infrared radiation.

And to the member complaining abound legibility, the OP did say he used a babelfish translation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join