It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58 Signs you've been abducted by aliens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
reply to post by The_Truth818

so for today i am right.

and you are wrong.

Really??
What is this, 1st grade? Great rebuttal.

OK buddy, whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i have yet to see your rebuttal.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

I can see you just want to get in the last word with no addition to the topic. So this will be my last post to you because we can both plainly see this is going nowhere. So go ahead get in your last word, I know you want to.

And please don't say, "I know you are but what am I?"

Good day to you sir.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Why is it so hard to believe ET's exist? When you look at the billions of stars in our own galaxy with planetary systems like ours (let's not even get into our universe) it's very possible, hell, it's likely they exist. We haven't even made it our of our tiny, tiny, tiny, little corner of the galaxy yet. So how can you accurately say they don't exist?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

58 Signs

This list is an entertaining mix of comical obviousness and extreme randomness. We have some items like:

2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.
7)Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window.
24) Have had someone in your life who claims to have witnessed a ship or alien near you or has witnessed you having been missing.
47) Have channeled telepathic messages from extraterrestrials.

...which seem useless. I imagine "saw a ship land and was taken aboard at gunpoint by three scary aliens" would be a pretty good indicator of alien abduction too...but I think somebody who has that sort of experience doesn't really need to be told that it's an "indicator."

But then we have entries like:

21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.
36) Have had chronic sinusitis or nasal problems.
50) Have had sexual or relationship problems
54) Have had dreams of destruction or catastrophe.

...which are so mundane that interpreting them as signs of alien abduction seem awfully silly to me. If somebody were to say "Hey, Bob. I'm feeling pretty down right now. Had a massive nose bleed durign sex, couldn't finish and had nightmares that night about my woman leaving at the world ending." I don't think my immediate reaction would be suspect them of being abducted by aliens.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

58 Signs

This list is an entertaining mix of comical obviousness and extreme randomness. We have some items like:

2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.
7)Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window.
24) Have had someone in your life who claims to have witnessed a ship or alien near you or has witnessed you having been missing.
47) Have channeled telepathic messages from extraterrestrials.

...which seem useless. I imagine "saw a ship land and was taken aboard at gunpoint by three scary aliens" would be a pretty good indicator of alien abduction too...but I think somebody who has that sort of experience doesn't really need to be told that it's an "indicator."

But then we have entries like:

21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.
36) Have had chronic sinusitis or nasal problems.
50) Have had sexual or relationship problems
54) Have had dreams of destruction or catastrophe.

...which are so mundane that interpreting them as signs of alien abduction seem awfully silly to me. If somebody were to say "Hey, Bob. I'm feeling pretty down right now. Had a massive nose bleed durign sex, couldn't finish and had nightmares that night about my woman leaving at the world ending." I don't think my immediate reaction would be suspect them of being abducted by aliens.

That was good. I think it's supposed to be a combination of all these things. The more numbers you have, the more likely you've been abducted.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It doesn't seem wierd to you that the version of alien changes through the decades? The grey is a more recent version of alien...the media changed and so did the alien. In the 50's...the media gave you wierd aliens, so then people claimed to see all sorts of aliens. Now the the grey has become the more popular one, because that is what has been shown in the past couple of decades. Before television, there was no such thing as abductions...but then television showed people that these mysterious beings from another planet would take people..then voila...alien abductions.

Lack of evidence for this phenomenon is my proof that these things do not exist. You say thousands , maybe millions claim these things exist...that doesn't prove nothing...because as everyone knows....millions of people suffer from some type of mental illness or sleep disorder. Which is more likely...aliens or some type of mental illness/sleep disorder? You say it happened to you and that should be proof enough....so just because someone said they have also seen Santa/fairies/werewolves/vampires...we should all believe because they say it happened...
This is what gets me mad...why should this be taken seriously when everything else having to do with this subject requires some type of proof...but abductees /contactees feel they should get a free pass and offer no proof for this. Ufo's have footage/pics and evens ome other witnesses as do ghost/poltergiests/bigfoot and anything else.

Science helps to further these investigations...and people listen when they are for it and some of us listen when they offer evidence against it. Abductees tell us science once believed this and that and should not be used when it comes to this...because they are unable to explain it as of yet...which is a big FALSE..they offer you valid explainations but you refuse to look at it. Why is science good enough for the rest of the paranormal but not good enough for abductees?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth818

Why is it so hard to believe ET's exist?

They most likely do..but here...highly unlikely.

We haven't even made it our of our tiny, tiny, tiny, little corner of the galaxy yet

You said it...out of all the possible civilizations..they choose us...in our little part of the galaxy......creatures ( meaning humans) who have yet to get past using radio signals to communicate......yet they can pick these up....even when it takes years...maybe hundreds or more to make it out of our own galaxy? That is the only way they would know we exist....if they found our radio signals.
[edit on 8-12-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Well seeing as how these events occur when people are sleeping or alone in some fashion and not in broad daylight (in some cases even this isn't true) that would lead me to believe that the abductions don't want to be seen or known about. The more evidence they leave the more they are disrupting us. We are not dealing with small children. I think if they didn't want to leave evidence that they are taking people, they could do that. Here on earth we have murderers smart enough to not leave evidence behind and cover their tracks, so why can't these interstellar beings? It would scare a lot of people if they knew for a fact that people were being taken by aliens when the least expect it, or right off the street in their way to work. The masses wouldn't be able to function for fear of being taken. For whatever reason they are allowed to mess with us, but not too much.

You also have to remember there are multiple races out there, not just the greys. There have always been abductions, its just these topics were taboo and still are today. I mean, think about trying to even talk about what we're talking about 50, 60, 70 years ago. It just didn't happen. People thought differently back then. If you did happen to remember an experience you either wrote it off as a dream, or were too scared to tell anyone for fear of what they would think of you.

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Why is it so hard to believe ET's exist?

They most likely do..but here...highly unlikely.

We haven't even made it our of our tiny, tiny, tiny, little corner of the galaxy yet

You said it...out of all the possible civilizations..they choose us...in our little part of the galaxy......creatures ( meaning humans) who have yet to get past using radio signals to communicate......yet they can pick these up....even when it takes years...maybe hundreds or more to make it out of our own galaxy? That is the only way they would know we exist....if they found our radio signals.

Not true. Just think. What if they had extremely strong telescopes? Now what if you saw earth from one of those telescopes for the first time? Wouldn't you want to go there? They didn't just get here either. They've been here for thousands and thousands of years. We just recently have been recording our history. (By recently I mean at least 6000 years or more.) Our galaxy is billions of years old. Our universe, maybe trillions upon trillions. Don't you think in all that time, if a race were to become advanced enough to travel through space they would find our beautiful little planet? More and more evidence is showing that life may have even existed on mars. So maybe the ETs didn't even have to come that far. Maybe they were our next door neighbors.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by The_Truth818]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Why is it so hard to believe ET's exist? When you look at the billions of stars in our own galaxy with planetary systems like ours (let's not even get into our universe) it's very possible, hell, it's likely they exist. We haven't even made it our of our tiny, tiny, tiny, little corner of the galaxy yet. So how can you accurately say they don't exist?

Well my problem is there are very big steps between life in the universe and ET, followed by ET abducting us.

Is there life? Yes, but when you start to add qualifiers like intelligent, space fairing capable life the odds grow. We are not proof of that yet either, for who is to say that intelligence is a good evolutionary trait? The earth makes one life form out of billions in five billion years with the possibilities of being space fairing, for we have thumbs, intelligence and desires to go into space, and the bad side is we are the only life form with the capabilities of destroying all life on our planet too, so you tell me is intelligence a evolutionary trait that normally survives?

Our universe is immense, but using earth as an example not only is earth rather rare but with one unique life form after 5 billion years of working on it I can’t say we got intelligent life running around all over the place. Another thing people don’t think about either is that distance is also a limitation here. How far away is too far that it doesn’t matter anymore? In the end, unless we were seeded by some advance lonely race that spent a few billion years traveling, we are most likely very lonely in our little part of the galaxy.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well my problem is there are very big steps between life in the universe and ET, followed by ET abducting us.

Is there life? Yes, but when you start to add qualifiers like intelligent, space fairing capable life the odds grow. We are not proof of that yet either, for who is to say that intelligence is a good evolutionary trait? The earth makes one life form out of billions in five billion years with the possibilities of being space fairing, for we have thumbs, intelligence and desires to go into space, and the bad side is we are the only life form with the capabilities of destroying all life on our planet too, so you tell me is intelligence a evolutionary trait that normally survives?

Our universe is immense, but using earth as an example not only is earth rather rare but with one unique life form after 5 billion years of working on it I can’t say we got intelligent life running around all over the place. Another thing people don’t think about either is that distance is also a limitation here. How far away is too far that it doesn’t matter anymore? In the end, unless we were seeded by some advance lonely race that spent a few billion years traveling, we are most likely very lonely in our little part of the galaxy.

You say all this as if they are fact. As I've stated before, we haven't even made it out of our corner. We can't even see what other planets outside our solar system look like except for tiny little inferred dots. We can see stars, clusters, and clouds because of their immense size, but that's it. We don't even know what other planets look like.

I also edited my last comment, take a look.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You say all this as if they are fact. As I've stated before, we haven't even made it out of our corner. We can't even see what other planets outside our solar system look like except for tiny little inferred dots. We can see stars, clusters, and clouds because of their immense size, but that's it. We don't even know what other planets look like.

I also edited my last comment, take a look.

Well so far it is fact for anything else is assumptions, and people pile assumptions on top of assumptions to get to their ET. The number of assumptions needed makes me dizzy. The deal is we can “what if” anything into existence, but it does not make it reality.

I so hope the universe is a Star Trek utopia, but the odds are just not there. Though the universe is endless to us the possibilities are not endless. Time is a factor, it is suggested that we have had about 10 billion years of solar systems, and before that it was more dust/clouds, well if it took earth 5 billion years to make us I don’t see time as any type of advantage to the existence of ET.

Though we are starting to find planets around other suns, a planet to produce ET would need to be in just the right place, the right size, the right density etc to produce life, then if life does take hold what are the chances of life form that is intelligent and space fairing capable? As you can see it is not endless possibilities unless you add many assumptions to the mix.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Most of the things on that list can be a result from alchoholism.

2nd line

[edit on 8-12-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

ok i have experienced quite a few of these ill list them below with explanations:

1- unexplained...still wish i knew
4- common occurrence
5- dreamlike but yes
11- not sure what my "mission" is but yes i feel i do have one
12- i am needed for something but what, i have no clue
13- suffer from anxiety on a daily basis...stupid things like cooking hamburger sets it off...stupid things like that
14- all the time, usually NEVER wrong
16- have woken up on the floor several times and at the foot of my bed
17- not exactly fear but very prominent and memorable, more curiosity really...they were blue
19- part of why i am here
20- needles-didnt really start until i was about 9
21- no comment
23- a great big hallow tree, very old, very tall/wide still think about it even though im states away
25- a long time ago
26- again thats part of why i am here on ATS
28- when i was younger
29- every night now...i constantly think that someone or something is watching because i have been researching and looking for answers...maybe its "big brother" waiting for me to get too close? maybe just paranoia
32- quite frequently- ringing in my right ear follows those pulsating humming noises
33- not quite as often as some maaaaaaybeeee about 5 times
35- CONSTANTLY, EVERY day in my neck back and sciatic nerve
37- not electronics but other things...they move towards me or away from me...once i thought about lighting a candle and i got up to do it, it was already lit!!!! i dont know how or why but it only happened once hasnt happened since...this is the first i have spoken about it
39- yes very frequently, behind my right eye and on the left side of the crown of my head....connected?
44- constantly
45- do "gut feelings" count? yes? then always
46- very
53- yes but thats most people isnt it?
54- common occurrence
57- its obvious i think....its strange really i mean i always had a "feeling" but i shunned it off as me being paranoid from lack of sleep and constant perusing through things i dont know i should be perusing in....

so whats your take on this? HAVE I BEEN?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
'can be explained by alcoholism' - exactly!

I read the first post and laughed!
most of those things happen to me on a typical Friday night/Saturday morning, and I don't think I'll ever claim to have been abducted by aliens.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Some of those seem pretty common amongst people. I even had a few of them, we all get the feeling of being watched sometimes doesn't mean we have been abducted...

Anyway good find

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Istalri

true but its kind of strange to find something like this on the forums here...i thought it was a good find also...nice humor to it i think and i enjoyed going through the list and came up with about half maybe more that fit me....kinda strange when you think about it really....is it possible??? yes....probable??? maybe

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

14 items on this list applies to me.I made a mistake and posted a thread
on one of my experiences.Since, quite a few of you are insensitive and
closed-minded to someone's possible suffering,I won't say anything more.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Lol, this is like a doctor diagnosing you with depression...

1.) Do you go to bed at night?
2.) Do you wake up in the morning?

These are symptoms of depression.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

14 items on this list applies to me.I made a mistake and posted a thread
on one of my experiences.Since, quite a few of you are insensitive and
closed-minded to someone's possible suffering,I won't say anything more.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE oops forgot i was yelling there...anyways i dont have any recollection of being abducted but somehoe i feel like im here to relay messages from them to us...dont know how yet but i think thats what i am supposed to do...i was embarrassed to say so but since you were brave enough to take the banter and horrible sayings i guess i can to....so u r not alone anymore....thanks for the post

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join