It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58 Signs you've been abducted by aliens.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'd like to add numbers 59 + 60.

59) Are a seriously deluded individual who craves attention and is willing to fabricate stories to garner it.

60) Are an idiot.

Not saying folk haven't been taken away or examined - just saying that most that post they have are mental and most likely lying.

-m0r

I can't stop laughing to agree.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'd like to add numbers 59 + 60.

59) Are a seriously deluded individual who craves attention and is willing to fabricate stories to garner it.

60) Are an idiot.

Not saying folk haven't been taken away or examined - just saying that most that post they have are mental and most likely lying.

-m0r

I can't stop laughing to agree.

and you both are very close-minded too

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Extremely Ignorant, yes it's a fact some people lie about it but not all of the abductees or watchers.I remember all my sightings and touching an alien craft clearly.

Why make such a useless comment and points on a forum which wishes to discuss this phenomenon as intelligently as possible.

Well done OP, whats that saying..
"One time is luck, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern"
Definately true

I'll read this thoroughly and count the ones that happened to me when i get back from dinner.

S&F to you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think the alien abductions are real and could be happening to you. In his book, the Threat, David Jacobs conducted a survey of over 1,600 people and along with Dr. J. Allen Hynek they discovered that there could be over 3 million americans being abducted on a regular basis. Very good book and a very real problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
It doesn't seem wierd to you that the version of alien changes through the decades? The grey is a more recent version of alien...the media changed and so did the alien. In the 50's...the media gave you wierd aliens, so then people claimed to see all sorts of aliens. Now the the grey has become the more popular one, because that is what has been shown in the past couple of decades. Before television, there was no such thing as abductions...but then television showed people that these mysterious beings from another planet would take people..then voila...alien abductions.

Lack of evidence for this phenomenon is my proof that these things do not exist. You say thousands , maybe millions claim these things exist...that doesn't prove nothing...because as everyone knows....millions of people suffer from some type of mental illness or sleep disorder.

No it doesn't seem weird that the 'version' of aliens changes. Hundreds of years ago there were reports of babies being taken in the night and replaced with sickly, pale, googly eyed, 'changelings' by 'faeries'. People would disappear off to faerie land for years and arrive back to normality only to find that no time had passed at all. Of course people back then had no concept of outer space so they are hardly going to describe 'aliens' in these encounters. So you are wrong when you say that abductions didn't exist before TV. This phenomenon has been occurring throughout human history yet the interpretation of it is affected by the culture of those describing it. If you care to look back at various historical texts you will see this.

Dismissing millions of people's experiences as mental illness or sleep disorders is a very simplistic and somewhat ignorant view. Professor John E. Mack studied 'abductees' for over a decade and was not tempted to reach a conclusion before he had done the studying, that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?
He concluded that these people were far from mentally ill and something very real was happening to them which does not fit the Western materialist paradigm, yet deeply affect people's lives.

I would not wish this type of experience on anyone. On one hand you have the often traumatic and confusing experience it's self and on the other you have people who seek to vehemently label you deranged, attention seeking, a dangerous cultist who seeks to corrupt their children
or just a down right liar if you should choose to speak up and try and find answers for what is happening to you.

Keeping on topic, the original list has quite a few areas that could apply to many every day events and some that I think are more specific to 'experiencers'. If only we had more true scientists that where willing to investigate this stuff without predjudice we might have a more definitive list.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by DrHammondStoat]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.
That's called sleep paralysis and anybody can have it, you can even learn to get in on purpose. See 'the old hag'.

10) Have a cosmic awareness, an interest in ecology, environment, vegetarianism, or are very socially conscious.
That must represent at least 50% of people nowadays.

12) Have a secret feeling that you are "special" or "chosen," somehow.
Doesn't everybody feel that way?

15) For women only: Have had false pregnancy or missing fetus. (pregnant, and then not)
That's called miscarriage. Unfortunately very common. I'm an only second child myself.

18) Have awoken in the middle of the night startled.

20) Have inexplicably strong fears or phobias. (i.e. heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security or being alone).

21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.

35) Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of the body.

I concur that some of those may be significant, but many, like those quoted above, apply to pretty much everyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Several of these are straight out of the DSMV as signs that you are paranoid, delusional, or even schizophrenic. What I really want to know is that if so many people are being abducted you'd think at least one camera somewhere would have picked it up by now.

If you thought you were being abducted that you would take some measures to prove or disprove this fact. Cameras, video, audio, anything....even strapping yourself down to the bed.

I very much believe that something is out there, but is is coming for you?

Maybe...maybe not.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Simple explanations provided below. Thanks!

1) Have had unexplainable missing or lost time of one hour or more.
Alcohol - multiple hours missing or lost

2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.
Alcohol - unable to move, who is that laughing at me?

3) Have unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation on how you received them (small scoop indentation, straight line scar, triangular marks, scars in roof of mouth, in nose, behind or in ears, etc.)
Alcohol - I don't remember falling?

4)Have seen balls of light or flashes of light in your home or other locations
Alcohol - cops followed me home and are waiting outside with their lights on

5)Have a memory of flying through the air which could not be a dream, or many dreams involving flying.
Alcohol - got thrown out of the bar

6)Have a strong "marker memory" that will not go away (i.e.: an alien face, an examination, a needle, a table, a strange skinny baby, etc.)
Alcohol - Did that happen last night or was it a dream?

7)Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window.
Alcohol - refer to #4

11) Have a strong sense of having a mission or important task to perform, sometime, without knowing where this compulsion is coming from.
Alcohol - many things seem overly important

12) Have a secret feeling that you are "special" or "chosen," somehow.
Alcohol - I feel very special

13) Have had unexplainable events occur in your life, and felt strangely anxious afterwards.
Alcohol - Can't count how many times I couldn't explain an event

14) Have had several strange psychic experiences - such as knowing that something is going to happen before it happens.
Self-fulfilled prophecies work great here

16) Have awoken in another place than where you went to sleep, or don't remember ever going to sleep. (i.e. waking up with your head at the foot of your bed, or in your car)
Alcohol - How did I get here?

17) Have had a dream of eyes such as animal eyes (like an owl or deer), or remember seeing an animal looking in at you. Also if you have a fear of eyes.
Alcohol - did I jump those fences?

18) Have awoken in the middle of the night startled.
Alcohol - hungover

21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.
Alcohol - drink to cope

25) Have had, at any time, blood or strangel stain on sheet or pillow, with no explanation of how it got there.
Alcohol - is that a tampon?

28) Have been suddenly compelled to drive or walk to an out of the way or unknown area.
Alcohol - liquid courage

30) Have had dreams of passing through a closed window or solid wall.
Alcohol - I tried to pass through

31) Have seen a strange fog or haze that should not be there.
Alcohol - blurry vision

32) Have heard strange humming or pulsing sounds, and you could not identify the source.
Alcohol - hungover

34) Have awoken with soreness in your genitals which can not be explained.
Alcohol - lmao

35) Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of the body.
Alcohol - hungover

39) Have had frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear.
Alcohol - hungover

50) Have had sexual or relationship problems (such as an odd "feeling" that you must not become involved in a relationship because it would interfere with "something.")
Alcohol - many problems

57) Have tried to resolve these types of problems with little or no success.
Alcohol - should probably stop drinking

58) Have many of these traits but can't remember anything about an abduction or alien encounter.
Alcohol - I don't remember sh** from last night

[edit on 8-12-2009 by The_Truth818]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A guy at my work claims to have his wife wake up and see a red ball of light in his room in the middle of the night. This ball appears to be solid and have designs and rivets in it. He has seen it a few times and says it goes right up through the celing when he awakes. He also claims to have had a nose bleed one morning and now feels something in his nose he cant explain.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by m0r1arty

Extremely Ignorant, yes it's a fact some people lie about it but not all of the abductees or watchers.

I don't get it. I state that these are 2 (out of 60!!) things to consider when someone says they have been abducted and don't discount the fact that abductions are possible. I then go on to explain this in detail to the OP who has, quite understandably around here, presumed me to be poo-pooing his beliefs that I am not and am only adding a proper air of scepticism to someone making a claim and that when that claim holds up then we've got friend gold to look at and learn from.

You then agree (see bolded area of the quote) and state you've thoroughly read through this thread but somehow....oh magical somehow...state that I am extremely ignorant - with capitols to boot.

I can only imagine that this childish air of defiance stems from conceited ignorance as it lacks any hint of reason. I could be wrong and maybe you could explain away what I presume to be baseless attempts at an insult but if you had read the thread even a tad never mind thoroughly you would see at no point do I say abductions do not happen.

So thank you for agreeing with me that it is a fact that some people lie about this, thank you for validating rule 59 and thank you for your post here but puh-lease; read what you've typed before you hit reply and leave the attempts at insults in the playground where it looks like they've been brewing for some time.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

So traumatic that an abductee cannot wait to tell thier story to the world....Hmmm rape is like that and I am pretty sure they don't go around telling perfect strangers about thier traumatic experience. Only the attention seeking seem to. You ask for true scientists...and just what are they supposed to work with...stories? I am pretty sure true scientists need something called evidence to work with...something this phenomenon lacks big time.

There should be a few more to that list

Are extremely lonely.

Need the attention of perfect strangers.

Have a tendency to be suggestable.

Finds it much more interesting to be a possible abductee rather than deal with real life.

Oh yeah, about that list...a lot of those are signs of schizophrenia.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
SOME RATIONAL EXPLAINATIONS

1) Have had unexplainable missing or lost time of one hour or more. = BLACK OUT..POSSIBLE MENTAL DISORDER OR MEDICATION OR ALCHOLOLISM

2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room. = sLEEP PARALYSIS

3) Have unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation on how you received them (small scoop indentation, straight line scar, triangular marks, scars in roof of mouth, in nose, behind or in ears, etc.)= FALLEN AND HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT

4)Have seen balls of light or flashes of light in your home or other locations =

Standing up suddenly - may cause brief flashing lights due to blood flow changes.
Aura before a migraine
Migraine
Vitreous detachment
Posterior vitreous detachment - common with aging or myopia
Retinal conditions
Retinal injury
Retinal tear
Detached retina
Retinal artery occlusion
Blow to the eye
Blow to the head
Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy
Optic nerve conditions
Multiple sclerosis
POSSILBE SEIZURE OR EPILEPSY EPISODE

5)Have a memory of flying through the air which could not be a dream, or many dreams involving flying. [ POSSIBLY NOT HAPPY WITH LIFE...A WAY FOR THE BRAIN TO FEEL FREE

6)Have a strong "marker memory" that will not go away (i.e.: an alien face, an examination, a needle, a table, a strange skinny baby, etc.) = WATCHED A SCI FI MOVIE AND ARE EASILY SUGGESTABLE

7)Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window. = HALLUCINATIONS AGAIN SEE NUMBER 4

8)Have had many dreams of UFOs, beams of light, or alien beings. SEE NUMBER 6

9)Have had a shocking UFO sighting or multiple sightings in your life. = NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE OF MODERN AIRCRAFT

10) Have a cosmic awareness, an interest in ecology, environment, vegetarianism, or are very socially conscious. = SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE THIS FEELING TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE THEY ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE WAY THE WORLD IS

11) Have a strong sense of having a mission or important task to perform, sometime, without knowing where this compulsion is coming from. = ■Having beliefs not based on reality (delusions)
■Seeing or hearing things that don't exist (hallucinations), especially voices
WHICH ARE SIGNS OF A catatonic schizophrenia
Catatonic episodes can last just minutes, HOURS
12) Have a secret feeling that you are "special" or "chosen," somehow. symptoms of bipolar disorder

13) Have had unexplainable events occur in your life, and felt strangely anxious afterwards. = HAPPENS TO EVERYONE
14) Have had several strange psychic experiences - such as knowing that something is going to happen before it happens. = WISHFUL THINKING OR COINCIDENCE...WHICH HAPPENS TO EVERYONE
15) For women only: Have had false pregnancy or missing fetus. (pregnant, and then not) = False Pregnancy (Pseudocyesis)
False pregnancy (or pseudocyesis as it is medically known) is a rare condition that is nonetheless a serious emotional and psychological condition in women
16) Have awoken in another place than where you went to sleep, or don't remember ever going to sleep. (i.e. waking up with your head at the foot of your bed, or in your car) = SEE NUMBER 1
17) Have had a dream of eyes such as animal eyes (like an owl or deer), or remember seeing an animal looking in at you. Also if you have a fear of eyes. = PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA
18) Have awoken in the middle of the night startled. = SLEEP DISORDER
19) Have strong reaction to cover of Communion or pictures of aliens. Either an aversion to or being drawn to. = AGAIN...JUST EASILY SUGGESTABLE AND ALSO NORMAL FOR EVERYONE TO HAVE
20) Have inexplicably strong fears or phobias. (i.e. heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security or being alone). = NORMAL FEELINGS THAT EVERYONE HAS
21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life. – BI-POLAR
I was going to go through them all.....but i got bored...lol...I got these answers from a mental health site. Could have done them all...and they all could have been answered by the mental health association.

P.S.
m0r1arty

Love the your user pic.....thats how I feel about the the majority of UFO believers...lol

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OK...I'd seen the smaller more "iffy" list before but this one had MANY more odd (and pertaining to myself) that made me start thinking again....
I'd previously decided I was either abducted/visited or the victim of child sexual abuse...though I have NO memories of either and KNOW my father wasn't the abuser (if that were the case).... but I DID have an oddly extensive knowledge of sex at the age of 5...also underwent a major personality change around then as well (became totally anti-social & reclusive) but I also VIVIDLY recall waking to see three short hooded figures around my bed one night and at the age of 5 began sleeping with my back to the wall or totally cocooned and on my stomach (as sleeping on my stomach made my organs more difficult to reach I surmised)....
And in reply to the debunkers of #15....I had my tubes cauterized to prevent pregnancy voluntarily (eagerly even!) at age 25 having had only 1 pregnancy which I terminated despite plentiful copulation for 11 years prior...at age 28 I met basically the male "me" (lol) who was unable to ejaculate due to exploratory surgery after Hodgkin's at age 19 yet I somehow had a miscarriage! I'm in the medical field and have seen more than enough unviable fetuses....I'm also O- which I hadn't even given a thought too till reading a thread here at ATS recently! And I am anything BUT an attention whore...ask anyone that knows me!

Anyway....I still don't know for sure but I have more abduction symptoms now than abuse.... thanx for this info!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have had an encounter before but it was not like the typical ones you read about, and I wish there was some place in Washington State where I could go and talk about it.

And Yes I was stoned and drunk, but I am almost everyday, stoned at least. But I am a college graduate and have a very secure job in sales. I'm in my late 20's.

This story was one of my first posts, why I started an account:

I come home from a bar on a summer night in 2008 (after 1:30am), and I grab a beer, my smokes, my pipe, my laptop, and go outside to the patio and sit and watch a skateboard movie on my computer. Enjoying it, totally tuned in.

About 45min to an hour, I hear something to my right about 20 yards away thinking a deer or some large animal was walking through my yard.

You know the feeling you get when you sense a large animal is near you.

So I'm looking around and I get a sense of fear because I see nothing. As soon as I realize I see nothing... Thats when the telepathic communication started happening.

It really startled me from my movie, because the sound I heard from an "animal" and sense I was feeling took me away from my movie, I started looking around.

Then telepathic communications occured. I will tell you it is a very strange feeling.

I could see them slightly, it was dark, I was too afraid to get close. Some where hiding behind plants lined up against a fence to my left, some where ahead of me in the bushes.

I could hear the bushes rummaging, and could see "shadows". I say "shadows" in quotations because they were kind of ghostly, not straight up shadows.

All the while this was happening I'm sitting in front of my computer, receiving telepathic communications, and looking at the ghostly shadows moving in/near the bushes, and them sending me telepathic communications.

And no, I wasn't paralzyed with fear. I was scarred, but not paralyzed.

The telepathic communications were simply along the lines of this:

"Hi, we're here. There's 12 of us. we are 3 foot tall grey aliens. With smooth skin."

They were also sending me mental images of what they looked like, basically your close encounters/fire in the sky looking guy as best as I can compare, but the color was really unique.

Kind of like moonlight, with a greenish/greyish tone, but moon light, and smooth skin.

12 of them were communicating that message to me over and over again.

I was pretty scared.

Maybe because I'm Christian, or what, I was able to stand up, pick up my belongings, and slowly pace backwards into the house. I ran down the hallway to my room, put my stuff down, and hid under the covers.

If you want to believe it or not, when I'm smoking I never sleep in my room, I sleep in the guest room, because my parent's room is right next to mine, and they are very sensitive to smoke, but I was willing to piss off my folks.

So after about 15 minutes, I get up and go investigate, because I thought, damn, I wanna meet these guys, and face it, or scare them off. So I grab a flashlight, head back outside, and. No one was there. No more strange feelings, no more senses of large animals, no more telepathic communications.

I scan the yard looking around, yelling as if some kids were around or something, even though that would not explain the telepathic communications.

I look up into the sky, nothing.

I go to sleep, wake up the next day to investigate, nothing.

I brushed it off, because I had come home from the bar, but I was wide awake, not beligerent drunk, where you pass out blacked out.

No missing time.

No special heal the world messages.

Just an encounter.

I've seen ghosts before, but the telepathic communications, were beyond weird, I'd love/fear to experience it again.

My home is in a suburban neighboorhod, slightly foresty, also the prior owner of the house commited suicide, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

So when I read about abduction stories or see them on youtube, they don't really fall in place in what I actually experienced.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok so is there a scale to base if u have been abducted or not? cuz me and my girfriend read the list and she has experienced 12 of these and i have 13. so does that mean we are abductees?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think there are only two verifiable signs that point to a probable "abduction" experience.

1. Diagnosis with post traumatic stress disorder with an unknown source of trauma.

2. Stockholm syndrome, especially in regards to the abduction phenomena: e.g. identification with "UFO" cults, delusions of bonding with entities.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

So traumatic that an abductee cannot wait to tell thier story to the world....Hmmm rape is like that and I am pretty sure they don't go around telling perfect strangers about thier traumatic experience. Only the attention seeking seem to. You ask for true scientists...and just what are they supposed to work with...stories? I am pretty sure true scientists need something called evidence to work with...something this phenomenon lacks big time.

There should be a few more to that list

Are extremely lonely.

Need the attention of perfect strangers.

Have a tendency to be suggestable.

Finds it much more interesting to be a possible abductee rather than deal with real life.

Oh yeah, about that list...a lot of those are signs of schizophrenia.

You seem to have decided that 'abductees' or 'experiencers' whatever you might call them are ALL attention seeking (aswell as lonely :
) What actual study or experience have you based this on? I have told one person! (a close family member) about what I have experienced in 30 years and strangely enough that family member confirmed that they had similar experiences. The family member I discussed this with will not discuss the issue any further as it is too frightening for her to even contemplete what might have happened and has never talked to any one else about it. Hardly attention seeking or trying to providing some kind of exotic escapism to 'real' life. I only choose to discuss these things here on a public forum because it is anonymous and can be kept totally seperate from my 'normal' life.

If you read and understood my earlier post you will recall I mentioned John E Mack, he concluded that 'experiencers/ abductees' were not mentally ill or any more fantasy prone and suggestible than any other people. In regards to physical evidence Mack concluded that abduction was not necessarily a physical phenomena yet it is still something very real. In some cases physical evidence has occurred.

Whilst quantum physics is just starting to tackle the mysteries of conciousness and transforming the way we see 'reality' you are happy to label people as attention seeking nuts because their experiences do not fit into the old scientific view.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I agree with nine0099thousand

I had all of those after and during my 21st birthday...

I will even one up you...

#59 waking up next to someone who thought may very well be an alien, then going back to sleep only for it to mysteriouly vanish in the morning.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This list reminds me of that damn Many of you are actually aliens-thread. That thread like this one should be buried because they contribute nothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Er... question. Why are some items on the list read like the following, "Low self esteem." Am I the only one thinking this? What in the /hell/ does this have to do with aliens? Please elaborate on those. I am quite confused.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by UziXxX]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join