It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR - You are nothing but a pawn in their game!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well I know this is going to be a touchy subject...but that's how I like my subjects. I'm going to explain to you, exactly why I think war is absolutely pointless, and only leads to a massive loss of life.

I'm sure no one wants to go out and die...although a rare few might enjoy the rush...so exactly why do people go out and fight? Picture your self at war...about to shoot an enemy soldier...do you even know the man your about to kill? Has HE ever done anything to you...in fact, he's exactly like you...fighting a war because he believes there's a threat and someone told him to go out and fight. You, nor him probably don't even know the exact reason your trying to kill each other, let alone the REAL reason. Just like you...that man probably led a normal life, is a good person, and may even have kids and a wife waiting for him back at home...

Why do we become the weapons to be used when a silly quarrel takes place between people in high power? Why do we agree to go die and become murderers so easily? Do YOU actually have a problem with that country? Or is it just a problem between the leaders? They say "jump", and you say, "how high?" Then when we won't jump, or not enough people will jump, they create a thing called conscription, and we are forced to kill others and risk our life...can you not see you are being used like a tool? We can stand up and say "NO, we will not fight your war for you!".

"I will defend soldiers that fight for my freedom" you say...little do you realize they are fighting for no such thing and the real intentions of war are never openly apparent...furthermore, you fail to see that's it's your own country and Government stripping you of your freedoms and rights quicker than a peregrine falcon can bomb dive. Sure, there are real threats that must be faced...but you must remember the people on the other side of the field want to fight as little as you do. What ever happened to words? Maybe if we spoke up, instead of letting our leaders speak for us, and tell them we won't fight just because our leaders tell us to, they might realize that they don't need to fight just because their crazy leader tells them they must invade. Wars only happen because we chose to fight in them, we provide them with a weapon for the war. If they still tried to invade after that, well the last resort would be to fight...but it never needs to go that far if people would just realize they don't need to become a pawn in the big dogs game. Very few wars actually needed to be fought, or actually achieved something worthwhile for the people, and not just the leaders.

Sure, there will always be a a need to protect your country from possible threats and terrorist groups...where each person is intent on fighting for a purpose...but that hardly calls for an all out war...and can be dealt with accordingly using minimal human resources...but most wars are merely a massive loss of life, over false threats, for the benefit of those in power. If people don't want wars to happen...THEN DON'T FIGHT IN THEM! The greatest human weakness is our inability to stand together as one in order to make a difference. We'd rather just do what we're told like good little sheeple...no matter what we may be asked to do...here's a thought...lets put the leaders in a ring and let them fight it out if they want to fight so bad...

Here's a poem written by a good friend of mine (Neo-Dark) to finish things up:

A blood soaked battlefield,
Where the dead all decay,
Where life has all ended,
Where there is no more fray.

A deal has been made,
After all the lives lost,
The hero’s, the villains,
And the children are the cost.

The cost for the win,
Where there was nothing to gain,
Where lives are destroyed,
And mothers anguish in pain.

A battle to no end,
But a slaughter in all,
“Send our best heroes to war,
And our nation won’t fall.”

But with all those dead,
And all the more dying,
What good did the war?
This war that was so trying.

“Are you willing to die for us,
As I am for you?”
Its called propaganda, bull$#!7,
Yet believed by those few.

Those sent to a war,
With nothing to gain,
Where they shall die,
We shall grieve in pain.

Peace.

[edit on 7/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Ironic that you call yourself CHAOS.

Thank you for that. I pray that cooler heads prevail, common sense and the Oath wins out in the end. On this all depends.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Thanks for the reply...It's not actually "chaos" in the normal sense of the word...more like Chaos Theory...from chaos comes order and all that stuff...lol...ok...back on topic...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Something has been set in motion - something that will not be easily reversed.
Our media, our leaders and possibly our protectors God forbid, have brought a beast back from the dead, a beast that should not have been awakened. Agendas, Propaganda, lies and greed may cost us all in the end. Where is the voice of reason? Where is the Honor where is sound reasoning when we need it most? Where are the silent voices in the void, yearning to join together in a symphony of common cause drowning out the wolves in the night?

Who will turn this thing off..

[edit on 7-12-2009 by WWJFKD]

link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I'm going to explain to you, exactly why I think war is absolutely pointless, and only leads to a massive loss of life.

If it weren't for their loss of life you probably wouldn't have one.

so exactly why do people go out and fight?

So you can have the freedom to write threads like these.

link   
douple post sorry

[edit on 7-12-2009 by capgirl]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

If it weren't for their loss of life you probably wouldn't have one.
Oh...ok...I see your logic...not...the point I'm making is wars don't need to take place and we can stop them, because we create them...and if they never happened so many lives would have been saved...

So you can have the freedom to write threads like these.
So if wars didn't take place I wouldn't have freedom...how could I not see the logic here...I'm talking about if both sides stopped fighting...not one side stops and lets the other side steal their freedom...do you really think killing is the only way to settle a dispute?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
if both sides were to stop fighting that would be the most amazing thing ever.

unfortunately, that is not a current viable reality.

and i dont have to imagine myself on a battlefield exchanging small arms fire with someone. i know first hand what it is like. and the last thing you are worrying about is what is this guys name and where did he go to school.

identify the threat, eliminate the threat.

if you really want to imagine, then imagine that guy, but take extra care in detailing the ak47 that he has pointed at you and the sound of the air being split uncomfortably close to your head.

what do you do? duck? cry? piss yourself?

or do you stand up and fight back and protect your brethren soldiers.

no one likes war. (mostly... i havent met anyone who has experienced it that is ready to go back) neither side is happy about it.

but what are you supposed to do to defend against someone who has the mentality that it is an honor to die in the effort to kill someone who is not of the same faith?

how do you defend against someone who hates you so much that they will gladly end thier own life to kill many of you and your friends??

when they set up just across the border and launch morters and rockets at innocent people for no reason other than religious and political differences?

not everyone in this world can agree, and there is no way to make everyone happy, that is why we are different.

i am not here trying to gain support for the war, nor am i advocating any war. but it takes a certain fortitude to undertake the undesireable action of killing a few to save many.

there is a time for peace and a time for war...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well said, star for ya

Also i have a sad feeling ever world wars we had were nothing more then pawn games, i mean why didnt the soviets just take the whole eupore back then? why waited it out in Germany?

Why did the allies use nazis scientists? why did america destory the soviet communist state of russia? but not china? no offence

so many questions, so little answers.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

f both sides were to stop fighting that would be the most amazing thing ever.

unfortunately, that is not a current viable reality.
You said it your self...no one wants to fight...it would be a miracle to stop fighting when the war has already started...but if we stood together and told our leaders we didn't want to fight, and the other side did the same (after all, no one wants to fight)...we wouldn't have to fight in the first place...DEATH and violence is not the only way to settle a dispute...

and the last thing you are worrying about is what is this guys name and where did he go to school.

identify the threat, eliminate the threat.
That...that is some good programming right there...

I read in another thread " It's not the soldiers fault they are put to work in a battle over ego-driven idiots trying to control oil, money, or power."...while it is slightly the fault of the soldier for choosing to fight for such leaders...we can only blame the soldiers to an extent...but the real fault lies with the people starting the wars...and we often see trickery used by such leaders...offering to pay for them to study, claiming they wouldn't see combat and so on...

EDIT:

what do you do? duck? cry? piss yourself?

or do you stand up and fight back and protect your brethren soldiers.
I don't play the silly games of the big dogs...I refuse...and it means they have one less weapon...I will not kill innocent men...even if it means losing my freedom and/or life...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

yes, but in the case that we did stop fighting, do you think that military would just go away?

even if the world were violence free, no wars no fighting, the capability to fight would still be maintained. it is a part of the bred paranoia since the beginning of human history.

EDIT:

but will you kill non-innocent men?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by wx4caster]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

As I stated in my opening post..."Sure, there will always be a a need to protect your country from possible threats and terrorist groups"...and that means military will always be needed...but meaningless wars fought for corrupt leaders are NOT needed...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

very well, please tell me what wars, going back to the say... 1600's, were necessary?

which wars in your oppinion were worth fighting and dying and why?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

very well, please tell me what wars, going back to the say... 1600's, were necessary?

which wars in your oppinion were worth fighting and dying and why?
I'm not a history buff, and don't have time for that...all I know is it usually involves land, oil, money or power...all meaningless in the bigger picture...and I can't think of one war that was worth fighting...because they didn't have to take happen in the first place...and essentially achieved nothing but death...no one wants to fight and die...it's horrific...and we don't have to just because our leaders tell us to...it's like the only way we know how to settle things is by killing each other until one side gets what they want...are we still cave-men?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
so then, the american revolution was not necessary?
how about the civil war?
perhaps you would say that WWII was not necessary?

war sucks. but so do alot of necessary things.

my father once told me that if i find myself in a time of difficulty, i am probably doing the right thing. The easy way out does not provide, and most people dont learn to appreciate what they have if it is given and not earned.

all those who claim that this war is dumb and that we should never have a war, i say to you that unless you have served you have no right to display a claim to understand even the nature of war, and i say to you that i can describe many many things that have come from war that are not only a convenience to modern day times, but are often considered a necessity.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This seemed apropos...

From the performance group Muse

"Take A Bow"

Corrupt
You're corrupt
Bring corruption to all that you touch
Hold
You behold
And beholden for all that you've done
And spin
Cast a spell
Cast a spell on the country you run
And risk
You will risk
You will risk all their lives and their souls

And burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
For your sins

And our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become
It's contrary to what we want

Take a bow

Death
You bring death, and destruction to all that you touch
Pay
You must pay
You must pay for your crimes against the earth
Yeah hex
Feed the hex
Feed the hex on the country you love

Now beg
You will beg
You will beg for their lives and their souls

Now burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
For your sins

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

so then, the american revolution was not necessary?
how about the civil war?
perhaps you would say that WWII was not necessary?
The things those wars achieved probably were necessary...but war was NOT...you might say WWII was necessary to stop Germany or whatever...but did those Germans really want to go and die? Or were they just brainwashed into fighting by crazy leaders and used as pawns in their game?

Over seventy million people, the majority civilians, were killed, making it the deadliest conflict in human history.
In the end I wonder how much good that war really did...

top topics

join