It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Made Global Cooling no wait GLOBAL WARMING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

One must know history or they are doomed to repeat it!

Just wanted to give you some propaganda from the past to enlighten you to today and the future.

All quotes are from this site, he did all the leg work and I would like to thank him.
The Global Cooling Scare Revisited (‘Ice Age' Holdren had plenty of company)
by Robert Bradley Jr.
September 26, 2009

I raise your Global Warming Propaganda with my Global Cooling Propaganda

“Predictions of future climate trends by Stephen Schneider and other leading climatologists, based on the prevailing knowledge of the atmosphere in the early 1970s, gave more weight to the potential problem of global cooling than it now appears to merit.”

- Paul and Anne Ehrlich, Betrayal of Science and Reason (Washington: Island Press, 1996), p. 34.

“Certainly the threat of another ice age was the topic of much scientific and popular discussion in the 1970s. Books and articles entitled ‘The Cooling,’ ‘Blizzard,’ ‘Ice,’ and ‘A Mini Ice Age Could Begin in a Decade,’ abounded. The ‘snow blitz’ theory was popularized on the public television presentation of ‘The Weather Machine’ in 1975. And certainly the winters of the late 1970s were enough to send shivers through our imaginations.”

- Harold Bernard, Jr., The Greenhouse Effect (Cambridge, MA: Ballinger Publishing, 1980), p. 20.

“The worriers about cooling included Science, the most influential scientific journal in the world, quoting an official of the World Meteorological Organization; the National Academy of Sciences worrying about the onset of a 10,000 year ice age; Newsweek warning that food production could be adversely affected within a decade; the New York Times quoting an official of the National Center for Atmospheric Research; and Science Digest, the science periodical with the largest circulation.”

- Julian Simon, “What Does the Future Hold? The Forecast in a Nutshell,” in Simon, ed., The State of Humanity (Cambridge, Mass: Blackwell, 1995), p. 646.

“In the early 1970s, the northern hemisphere appeared to have been cooling at an alarming rate. There was frequent talk of a new ice age. Books and documentaries appeared, hypothesizing a snowblitz or sporting titles such as The Cooling. Even the CIA got into the act, sponsoring several meetings and writing a controversial report warning of threats to American security from the potential collapse of Third World Governments in the wake of climate change.”

- Stephen Schneider, Global Warming: Are We Entering the Greenhouse Century? (San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 1989), p. 199.

“Some climatologists believe that the average temperature in the Northern Hemisphere, at least, may decline by two or three degrees by the end of the century. If that climate change occurs, there will be megadeaths and social upheaval because grain production in high latitudes (Canada, northern regions of China and the Soviet Union) will decrease.”

- George Will, “A Change in the Weather,” Washington Post, January 24, 1975, quoted in James Fleming, Historical Perspectives on Climate Change (New York: Oxford University Press, 1998), pp. 132-33.

“The dramatic importance of climate changes to the world’s future has been dangerously underestimated by many, often because we have been lulled by modern technology into thinking we have conquered nature. This well-written book points out in clear language that the climatic threat could be as awesome as any we might face, and that massive world-wide actions to hedge against that threat deserve immediate consideration.”

- Stephen Schneider, Back cover endorsement, Lowell Ponte, The Cooling: Has The Next Ice Age Already Begun? Can We Survive It (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1976).

“Our climate has swung wildly from severe warming during the Dust Bowl era of the 1930s to severe cooling during the 1960s. . . . The cooling is a fact.”

- Lowell Ponte, The Cooling: Has The Next Ice Age Already Begun? Can We Survive It (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1976), p. 31.

“Earth’s climate has been cooling. This fact seems to contradict theories that say it should be warming. But the prophets of warming are describing real forces that influence climate, and like other scientists they are still learning how these forces interact to produce a balance of heating and cooling on our planet. It may well turn out that the growing instability of Earth’s climate is caused by human influences adding both heating and cooling forces to the balance, thereby making it more and more ‘unnatural’ and precarious. The prophets of both warming and cooling agree on at least one thing: climatic changes can come quickly, within centuries or even decades, and can have devastating consequences for humankind. Climatology has ceased to be a drab science. Its findings have taken on an urgent importance for all of us.”

- Lowell Ponte, The Cooling: Has The Next Ice Age Already Begun? Can We Survive It (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1976), p. 31.

If you want to see more visit link

Now with Global Cooling happening we are all going to have to pay a cold tax! How bout them apples!

[edit on 12/4/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was a teenager when my big brother told me all about how the plankton in the sea would all die by ...(I don't even recall the date now but it has long since passed).
There is always a new scare, I bet 'they' are drafting up something to replace Global Warming as I type this ... or maybe just blowing the dust off Plan B.

Well at least it keeps life from getting boring.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yes...as a kid growing up in the 1970's I can remember countess news articles talking about us going into a new ice age. Government scientists would come on to current affairs TV programmes and tell us all (in the UK) how we would be facing food shortages due to the change in climate, have to construct and heat our houses in different ways and how our general lifestyles would all be affected. All this was going to be due to a drop in temperatures around the globe!

So, what happened to this theory and research then?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTheCat

I guess with it warming up again, they had to formulate a new plan or like Chett above you said they just blew the dust off plan B.

Still, we need one of the followers of Pope Al Gore of the Church of Climatology, to come and give us a sermon to fulfill our needed answers.

Make sure you have tithe ready for when THEY come off the summit!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is brilliant! I'm 28, so I wasn't around for this. Give it another 30 years and we'll probably he headed for another Ice Age and it will all be our fault for farting too much or something equally as innane.

S&F my friend.

I was directed here from your other related thread

Church of Climatology

Also a very good thread

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Thanks, I know a lot of people just cannot see that TPTB have plans within plans.

The first attempt at this failed, so they now know they have to institute it NOW. Because as we speak, the warming period is ending.

Us evil people need to pay our new tax on CO2 and just go to the back of the bus and shut up.

edit to fix gramma

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yep, just 40 years ago it was getting colder. A few decades of polution later and

"We're all gonna die! Regulate carbon NOW or we're DOOMED!"

I honestly don't get the sudden panic, seems like a ploy to get certain agendas passed. If we want to solve pollution and help the Earth we need to all calm down and stop pretending the whole world is going to end because it's a little warmer outside. But it's too late now, the doomsayers have taken over the environmental movement and their consensus is catastrophe.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/303804cb8776.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join