It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something flew through the top of the Sun ***Vid***

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm surprised people take this seriously.

Planet-sized weapons? Ships? Flying at that speed? If that were an actual object, it would be massive.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
We I freeze framed it and then magnified it 16X to see what it look like close up. It's quite a pixelated Image at that rate.

What I saw is a object that looks long and cylindrical with a darker middle that is about one quarter the length of the hole object. It was darkest in the middle and lightened up as it went along to the ends.

There was also what looked like a window, but it was hard to tell what it was.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Im pretty sure the helicopter is powered by a jet or turbo jet engine. what your seeing is the hot exhaust gasses refracting the sunlight like when a plane takes off at the airport and you view it from behind, the image of the plane shimmers. Mirage. Sorry. No starships or comets.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
it's clearly Destiny from Stargate Universe

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My guess is that is a solar prominence (solar flare[a bunch of gas]) that was ejected, caught in the complex and powerful magnetic field of the sun and bonked back into it causing it to get all shiny. It happens all the time. Either that or space ghosts

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

that is soooooo cool!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by spookfish
Darn it Phage! I wanted to beat you to this post, you can't come to our rescue all the time it just ain't fair on us apprentice Phages.

Yeah, me too. Same sentiment! Why did I get here so late? I had a dental appointment or I would have made that post. The universe only lets Phage be Phage and noone else. Nature will always foil your Phage-ing attempts because it abhors multiple Phages living at the same time. He was chosen to be The One Phage at this time at the dawn of time.

Yeah, he is pretty fantastic for a normal human being.

This is just in case of the one line rule. Ooops. Your a star Phage.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
very cool. I keep seeing the same response about how no one has seen anything like this, well I haven't either.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
( could be an analog noise : because it seems to be an analog camera ).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
to me it looks like a refraction, distortion of the light that bends around something on the lens, or the data filmed is corrupt

or it could be dust on the magnetic tape

[edit on 4-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What you don't know is the perspective; prehaps the angle gave the illusion it was bouching off the sun, when in fact it hit the gravitational field? Just a thought...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It is obviosly just an optical fault with the image recording, hell this happens all the time when I play a video, this is a crazy waste of peoples time and energy.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
everyone going on about spaceships.......
try a mini blackhole........

I think its time to quote myself since ppl seem to have a habit of reading past alot of the posts here............

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Awesome find. Very intriguing.
Even if it was just an illusion or something else I still thought it looked cool.
S & F for you!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by rhiannonslair]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why is this still front page? This is an optical illusion, a scratch on the lense, or a row in the visual data that glitched.

NOT a UFO

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
To suggest it was something that skipped the Suns surface you would them have to infer that it was big, infact a massive plant sized object moving at a very high speed!

My guess it is nothing more than a airborn insect or possibly a spiders thread catching the sunlight as it passes on a light breeze.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How the hell can it be an optical illsuion or something with the lens :L

Seriously take into mind that it could well defiantly be a UFO it most likely is, it is traveling really fast, if it was a comet or astroid firstly it would melt most defiantly.

i Don't see how its an illusion because if it was a illusion it would of happened before, and if it was something with the lens it would of happened before.

I think it's a ufo cruising, there defiantly pissed out of there heads :L crazy fools deffo should not be flying across the sun :L

Star n flag

[edit on 4-12-2009 by mtaftm]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The diameter of the sun is 140000 km, so if this video is in real-time and the object actually skips the surface of the sun, then the object travles many times the speed of light!, which means that it cannot be a natural object

There is of course also the possibility that the object is close to the camera, but it dosen't look like that to me..

It is a very strange video if real

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If its real how come it wont show up on fox news site? Also why does it have to be uploaded by "Pindzmedia" and not "Foxnews" and how come the OP cant give the original source (not the youtube link thats far from creditable) Sounds like a little kiddie wanted some "online attention" this morning cause mommy didn't give em a hug
(the person who made the vid not the OP
)

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Jeffdogg]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. If you pause the video at 0:02/0:33
You will see the "object" squish and grow around 5 times in length. I have seen this type of effect many times before When we used to have the very old tv by antennae. so again, this is some kind of glitch in the video feed. Or CGI.

Also, the deceptively slow speed of the video makes this look more like an object. when run at normal speed, it looks more like a glitch of some kind.

So its up to you folks.
Its either a State of the art pleaidian plasma starship thats the size of a planet, capable of faster than light speed, able to come in close contact with a star, and able to elongate the length of their ship by many times.

Or its just an error in the visual speed.
I know its hard to decide.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by VonDoomen]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join