It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something flew through the top of the Sun ***Vid***

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wow, that was excellent! That was a big CME that happened after the comets hit.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You beat me to it! That was exactly what I was going to say. LOL Right on brother. Live long and prosper.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Are we sure it actually goes through the sun? Are we sure it's actually anywhere NEAR the sun? Could just be an illusion.

Maybe a shooting star closer than it seems. Who knows but I doubt it's hitting the sun. Could be a reflection too.

Cool video though.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think it's swamp gas.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

It's not anywhere near the Sun. If it were it would be traveling several times the speed of light.

The sun is 865,000 miles in diameter. Traveling at the speed of light, it would take almost 5 secs to cover that distance. This "thing" takes about 3 seconds and it looks like the video is slowed down so it's "moving" even faster than that.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's not anywhere near the Sun. If it were it would be traveling several times the speed of light.

The sun is 865,000 miles in diameter. Traveling at the speed of light, it would take almost 5 secs to cover that distance. This "thing" takes about 3 seconds and it looks like the video is slowed down so it's "moving" even faster than that.

Darn it Phage! I wanted to beat you to this post, you can't come to our rescue all the time it just ain't fair on us apprentice Phages.

The object is no where near the sun, as phage has pointed out, its speed would not have been possible. Even Robert Carlyle in Stargate Universe couldn't get the Destiny up to that speed.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If that thing was anywhere near the sun, then would it not have been picked up by SOHO? IMO it's a bug flying past the camera.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looking like Atmospheric Refraction, as waves of cold/warm air ripple through the sky they distort the air around it creating a lens-type effect. This is best described as to why stars twinkle at night and as to why the "Green Flash" phenomenon occurs after Sunset.
What your looking at is a cold ripple of air passing across the warmer layers, inverted the image of the sun..but as this layer is horizontal you only see it at a angular point of symmetry.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember this thread from a while ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
its the ancient ship "destiny" from s.g.u. doing a refuelling manouver.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
everyone going on about spaceships.......
try a mini blackhole........

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I took a look at the other thread.

Optical effect or not its pretty cool.

At the one end someone is skipping hyperlight stones across the Suns surface. New in thing for cosmic kids? Plasma pickup? the perfect way to make smores?

On the other a bird or something similar played a little havoc with our optical sensors. Bummer.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's a Mazda.

Btw phage, that soho video I linked of the comets seems to be going pretty fast as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Comets are fast but not that fast. That video spans a couple of days.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah ... the thing is with this video, from a layman's pov, notwithstanding the speed issue, is the change in trajectory of the object. I haven't read through the entire other thread but it is there ... I am not aware or familiar with any optical illusion that can do that. It seems the two objects are somehow interacting.

Explanation?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

ahh, yeah, we're on the same page then lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A mirage is not an optical illusion. It's a distortion of light. The appearance of an interaction is there because the "object" is refracted light from the Sun.

I think.

Nice avatar.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I agree must have been Destiny rechargeing.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think.

I've always meant to ask you this ... do you think we can apply the "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" principle to ufology? Or circumstantial proof always a fail?

Btw, you know I have no horse in this race I'm just curious as to differing methodologies.

Nice avatar.

I'm refracted.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
is it possible that it was just a meteor flying in front of or behind the sun from our perspective? i don't think anything could actually just skip off the sun like that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join