It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something flew through the top of the Sun ***Vid***

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is awesome! I highly doubt a comet or asteroid or anything earthly could survive the heat of the sun, let alone BOUNCE off the sun! It looks pretty crazy, let's hope it was something awesome!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After watching the "skip" several times, I have come to the conclusion that the camera is moving in unison to the "skip" so it's merely a lens scratch.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I am reposting this because EVERY SINGLE POSTER has not even had the decency to read my post. I provided the evidence and all of you whack jobs are still claiming its a spaceship from Stargate.

Seriously...Im beginning to think ATS is rotting away with lunatics, but there are still a lot of experts here and that is why I choose to stay.

Stop all this nonsense "spaceships refueling", yeh yeh yeh, if that was the case then the spaceship would be the size of Pluto. Grow up!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow, I really thought it would be de-bunked by now, and I am pretty excited that maybe this really is something that was superluminal, and huge, and really did go through the Sun!

Phage, is the go to guy on space objects. He has de-bunked 100% of my mysterious space object threads.
He suspects lens artifacts, and things, but has no real proof.

So I am declaring this to be a real mystery.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Wow, I really thought it would be de-bunked by now, and I am pretty excited that maybe this really is something that was superluminal, and huge, and really did go through the Sun!

Phage, is the go to guy on space objects. He has de-bunked 100% of my mysterious space object threads.

If you watch carefully and play the video over and over you will notice the camera is moving at the same time you see the object. It's kinda hard to notice but it's just enough. I was able to see the movement by watching the sun at the bottom right corner where it meets the logo.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage. You make my point. In that wikipedia article that you point ot, it says "most believe". It is a ll a mater of perception and belief. I was not saying that you are wrong, but that there are possibilities. Conventional science proves itself wrong all the time.

I thought I was backing up what you were saying. People jump to conclusions based on their belief structure. That can be a fun thing to do. It really gets the adrenaline going. I am glad you are here to bring some science to the argument. You can calm those who need it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

downtown: Can you please read the post above the one I have quoted?

Again it seems everyone is over looking my post, I already debunked this video several times and people keep posting posts like "Ohh, what is it? I wonder what it is"?...Well, if anyone cared to look, I keep posting that the information you need is in my post!

Dear god...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
this might help out !

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
scientific explination einsteins gravitational lensing i think it was. which is an object passing another object with extreme gravity such as our sun appears bent starlight for example is bent around the sun why not a moving object passing infront or behind. has been proven look it up

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As for video recording artifacts I'm aware of the lens flare effect, and it doesn't look like that to me (maybe he has some kind of filter on which diffuse the incident light). Or do you think it is something with the angle to incident light and scratch lens? I'm don't know, however I think it has to be one of these if you are talking about video artifacts but not aliasing artifacts.

We could try figuring out the camera movement and use that to eliminate the above two possibilities. Then maybe use that to figure out the speed of the object.

If it is not an video artifact that is some crazy #, IMHO! I mean you would think the sun would definitely overpower that object. I'm not really imagining things am I? That is a HUGE object bouncing off the sun right?

Sorry I spend the night out...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh yeah bending of that...

Just a quick gooling all seem to be talking about bending of starlight.

So can it be atmospheric artifact?

We can try to eliminate whether objects and not just light can be bended by the sun's gravitational field. (I think something about light I don't remember).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I mean you think if you assume that it is an object that is being illuminated by the sun, and it is near the sun, so if the light bouncing off that object is being distorted--thus ignoring any question of which direction or whether it is in front or behind the object--it would be that this OBJECT IS HUGE, because we see it relative size to the sun!

Other than that it has to be an artifact.

If no then it is some huge ass insane #, like I said.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When you guys talking about refueling are you talking about hydrogen scoping?

It is still a huge object right? I mean a huge object....lol. If it crashed into the sun wouldn't that cause a huge problem? What is the physics of asteroids flying into the sun?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I replied back in the first 2 posts.

This image is as best as im going to get without going into a scientific analysis of Atmospheric mumble-jumble that few are going to understand.

www.telescopesa.za.org...

The top "wave" of light on the Sun is being Refracted by layers of cold/warm air, as the Suns light moves through these layers they become distorted. What happened in that video is that likely convection, wind, whatever is blowing that particular layer across the face of the sun giving it the impression is was "crossing" the top of the surface.

All that was simply happening was a layer of colder air was passing between the observer and the Sun in the Atmosphere, bending the light and creating a Mirage image.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
Use the Search bar people...

Phage gave a different opinion on that post

Always suspected there were several people behind Phage

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How ridiculous... How can things like this make the front page of ATS, while major conspiracy news never even gets to be in the "hot topic" section???

This is a completely normal lens effect due to a thermal effect on smog (or high altitude fog). Just look at sunset in the the movies and on TV, there are thousands of these.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not sure what the huge deal is... you can clearly see how the camera is moving because the background is moving with it... the red "clouds" move in unison each time the "object" does. I know it's been said already, but not enough people are actually reading! It's not worth the fuss.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow! S&F

havent got a clue what it can be but it looks awesome

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Great catch..!

But it looks like something that bounces of our atmosphere exactly in-front of the sun.. could be a meteorite or maybe something else..?

I make this conclusion on the fact that this object makes a trail before it bounces and and after it bounces of the sun..

If you look at the sun then this video has been taken at sunset or sunrise?

[edit on 11/15/2009 by 0bserver1]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join