It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ClimateGate: The 7 Biggest Lies About The Supposed "Global Warming Hoax"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

ClimateGate: The 7 Biggest Lies About The Supposed "Global Warming Hoax"

www.huffingtonpost.com

A few weeks ago, hackers broke into the emails of one of the Climate Research Unit of The University of East Anglia, and climate skeptics have been having a field day making mountains out of molehills about what the emails contain. The verdict on global warming is in -- it's caused by humans and it is happening and nothing in the emails remotely challenges that. However, with the internet abuzz about what has been labeled "ClimateGate," we thought we should set the record straight about the rumors, lies and insinuations about what the emails actually contain -- and what they "prove" about
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Seems to me like the real conspiracy here is being pushed by the right-wing operatives who are looking for a way to discredit climate change.
Let's face it, the ramifications for climate change on the PTB are huge - and all financial. The money involved in proving that man-made climate change is false is far greater than any money to be made through CO2 containment.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Everyone, let's just let it die a slow and painful death.

No need to Huff about a Huffington Post.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Thank you. That's quiet a debunking material you got there. You will have a hard time making majority of the AGW crowd listen to this though if they even bother to read this since it doesn't suit their ideology.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009

The money involved in proving that man-made climate change is false is far greater than any money to be made through CO2 containment.

Verrrrry interesting take. Seeing as Al Gore has increased his net worth to over $100 million by frightening the world. I believe he was worth around a mil when he left office to begin his new career as savior.

Oh, and who is it that is proposing global taxation to resolve this "crisis"? For some reason I'm thinking it is not the "right-wing" climate change deniers.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
These are the same old dried up talking points that have been said since this story broke.

There is absolutely nothing that the Huff Post said that even remotely clears the scientist.

The Huff Post says, in a nutshell, "The e-mails were taken out of context". I call BS. They even threw a claim in there about how one e-mail was "edited", well that is nice to know I wonder where they got that information from, seeing how nobody is denying the e-mails are altered or fake.

The fact is the code and data back up the e-mails and the code proves they have manipulated data.

Also the AGW alarmist crowd has way more to gain, what more is there to gain than trillions of dollars for "solutions" to a non-existent problem. AGW is now an official religion they even have people that will defend it even when all the proof says otherwise.

Also just for kickers, CO2 lags Temperature, that disproves the current hypothesis of AGW.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes, the Glue Huffers know so much about science, and they never have any agendas whatsoever. They should honestly be referenced as a blog, not a news source.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

That's the truth. Not to mention the 7 Biggest lies are the excuses they just gave to white-wash Climategate. I mean for real, referencing "RealCLimate.org" for an excuse is pretty pathetic considering they were busted in those e-mails too.

Oh wait that's right all the e-mails were "edited" and "taken out of context"

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
lol

u guys really think that if someone wanted to stop this "global warming by MEN" it would be using HACKED mails? really guys ... think inside the box for a SEC

oil company dont care because they could charge even more for oil ....

if some guys wanted to stop this global warming maddness, they should had killed al gore or whoever is doing it ... pay a lot of money for researches ...

but it seems they dont want it ... it seems that they dont really care ...

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
These are the same old dried up talking points that have been said since this story broke.

There is absolutely nothing that the Huff Post said that even remotely clears the scientist.

The Huff Post says, in a nutshell, "The e-mails were taken out of context". I call BS. They even threw a claim in there about how one e-mail was "edited", well that is nice to know I wonder where they got that information from, seeing how nobody is denying the e-mails are altered or fake.

The fact is the code and data back up the e-mails and the code proves they have manipulated data.

Also the AGW alarmist crowd has way more to gain, what more is there to gain than trillions of dollars for "solutions" to a non-existent problem. AGW is now an official religion they even have people that will defend it even when all the proof says otherwise.

Also just for kickers, CO2 lags Temperature, th

at disproves the current hypothesis of AGW.

yes ... this post by these guys debunks itSELF ...

because they say the mails were edited .. LOL

NOBODY SAID THAT, EVEN THE GUY THAT WROTE THEM ...!! OMG

really ... wtheck guys ...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

global warming doesn't threaten us. i trust exxon mobil to make smarter decisions about our supply of oil and the prudence of switching to alternative fuels more than i trust the government.

that being said, while i don't think climate-gate 'disproves' global warming, i do think it shows that this isn't a debate between 'the right and truthful scientific community' and a bunch of 'oil industry pay-offs who don't believe in science.'

climate gate is important because it shows that both sides of the legitimate debate about gw, its causes and the solutions have vested interests that aren't pure.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

nobody is denying the e-mails are altered or fake.

Do you mean nobody is claiming the e-mails are altered or fake, or nobody is denying the e-mails are legit? From the rest of your post, it seems like that's what you meant to say.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins

The money involved in proving that man-made climate change is false is far greater than any money to be made through CO2 containment.

Verrrrry interesting take. Seeing as Al Gore has increased his net worth to over $100 million by frightening the world. I believe he was worth around a mil when he left office to begin his new career as savior.

Oh, and who is it that is proposing global taxation to resolve this "crisis"? For some reason I'm thinking it is not the "right-wing" climate change deniers.

I understand your point. No question Gore has made his money - but realize that 100 million is peanuts compared to the the trillions of dollars saved and earned by oil companies, manufacturing, agriculture, etc. etc. if they are to avoid changing their ways in response to climate change.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I see - you know its good for the mind to try and read through the spin of the media - which is again in full swing here with "Climategate" - guess you'd rather reference Alex Jones...excuse me I didn't realize the level of erudition on this site..lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I see - you know its good for the mind to try and read through the spin of the media - which is again in full swing here with "Climategate" - guess you'd rather reference Alex Jones...excuse me I didn't realize the level of erudition on this site..lol.

I'm sure that even Alex Jones can count to 6.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm glad I have you on ignore.

I personally don't care for Alex Jones so I don't read or listen to what he has to say. I read the e-mails for myself and also looked at the code for myself. I also don't need an article which labels people "deniers" because people want hard facts about the "science" that the "scientist" refuse to give until this whole scandal came to light. Then for these same "scientist" to say, "We threw away the raw data, all we have is the 'value-added' data." Which means independent scientist can't verify their work.

I also know how the Scientific Method works, and these Climate "scientist" haven't been following the scientific method. So yes I can see through the Media Bias, and I can also see through the members of the Church of Climatology that rely on what their priests tell them to think, that result to false assumptions and insults, because they don't have a clue and therefore can't debate the subject intelligently.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm glad I have you on ignore.

I personally don't care for Alex Jones so I don't read or listen to what he has to say. I read the e-mails for myself and also looked at the code for myself. I also don't need an article which labels people "deniers" because people want hard facts about the "science" that the "scientist" refuse to give until this whole scandal came to light. Then for these same "scientist" to say, "We threw away the raw data, all we have is the 'value-added' data." Which means independent scientist can't verify their work.

I also know how the Scientific Method works, and these Climate "scientist" haven't been following the scientific method. So yes I can see through the Media Bias, and I can also see through the members of the Church of Climatology that rely on what their priests tell them to think, that result to false assumptions and insults, because they don't have a clue and therefore can't debate the subject intelligently.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Seems to me like the real conspiracy here is being pushed by the right-wing operatives who are looking for a way to discredit climate change.
Let's face it, the ramifications for climate change on the PTB are huge - and all financial. The money involved in proving that man-made climate change is false is far greater than any money to be made through CO2 containment.

www.huffingtonpost.com

exactly there's more money to be earned in the private sector by whoever[PTB, elite, any cartel] then by taxmoney which goes into the treasure chest...And stories about controlling people by making them poor through carbon tax, thats plain BS, people want to preserve their culture, economy and welfare, and so does the elite...Nobody wants to destroy the middle class, you'll criple the spine of an economy and so generations of people.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The 7 biggest lies thrown out by the Huffington Post

1)The Huffington Post is a legitimate news organization and not a bunch
of liberal blogs.

2)We at the Huffington Post are unbiased.

3) Our information at the Huffington Post regarding Global Warming is the whole truth.

4) We know how to count to 7.

5) Some people actually believe the nonsense we put on our website.

6) We wait for Jon Stewart to make fun of the corrupt Global
Warming scientists on the Daily Show and then cover the HOAX reluctantly.

7) We at the Huffington Post know that we are convincing people
that the liberal way is the best way to think.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

top topics

join