It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British National Party (BNP) - What do they need to do to win your vote?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As a not-fully-white American, IF I was in England, I would probably support the BNP for the simple reason that I think Muslims are trying to take over the world, and England is a perfect example of how the government is handing their country over on a silver platter. If nothing is done about the Radical Muslims of England, they will continue to demand special treatment until the Infidels are persecuted, just as the Koran says should happen.

For the record, I haven't been to England but have many English friends. Some believe in "multiculturalism" and some think Radical Islam is a threat, so I've been exposed to both views.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I really wonder whether this whole debate might change soon. As I understand it, Gordon Brown has borrowed enough (an awful lot) of money to prop-up the UK economy until, conveniently, the 2010 elections (or thereabouts). We are expecting massive cuts thereafter in public spending, and that may include props to the private sector too. Whilst simultaneously expecting Tax hikes, just to manage the debt interest - let alone pay it off.

I understand the Bank of England has recently given signals that it can't pump any more large stimulus packages back into the UK economy (without risking a crisis of confidence in the UKs creditors), if so diminishing their ability to intervene in our interest rates - no?

We all see that the UK is struggling more than many economies appear to to get out of recession.

We still have enormously over-valued housing/property stock, and many people with either too much personal debt, or too little savings/pensions.

We're tremendously vulnerable to energy price hikes (more gulf war, Russian disputes, etc..) and would suffer massively with hikes in inflation (think of the likely surge in mortgage arrears).

I genuinely think large numbers will want to emigrate from the UK in the not too distant future. It may alter the political map somewhat depending on who goes, and with what wealth/needs the country is left?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

you wanna come out to the sticks mate, it's a joke. Lots of pubs round my way have so many cliche "far right, don't really know alot about politics, but they don't like all of these brown people, so the state of the country is their fault" type of people. And if 1 more person I know tells me that they're going to vote BNP, I will do the biggest face palm mankind has ever seen, possibly knocking the planet out of its orbit.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Irish, Welsh, English and Scots... We have all interbred with each other, our combined genes made "Great Britain" or in the old language; unwys Prydain; the isle of the mighty.... At one stage we had the greatest empire the world has ever seen.. Us!!! Our small island!!!

We colonised the world, banished slavery, in fact our navies only purpose was to capture slave ships...

We as "Great Britain" has a lot to be proud of; four separate tribes becomming one.. And we are the better for it....

My family although jewish have been here for 2000 years, and i am england through and through... WE have served in every armed conflict there was.. My grandad was a MP!!! During WW2...

Im all for equality, but you come to my country and demand that we change our ways? Prepare......

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Very interesting, thank you for giving me abit more information.

The BNP have a right to what they think and say however i dont think it would benefit the UK at all by having them in Running the UK, theres too many people aginast them and i think if they did get in, Civil War or Public unrest would rise.

However having another opinion in parliment which does not repeat the same things over and over agian or agreeing constantly is a benefit i think for UK Politics.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Take a look at the people making up our government/Commons/Lords, UK corporates, or any other UK power elite. Personally, I can't see evidence that Islam is gaining any level of influence or control of the kind that you infer.

Their population may have grown here, but then so have many ethnic groups as the country's overall population grew, admittedly with significant additions from immigration.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I have never heard that before, the Navy's soul purpose was to capture slave ships? Where did you get that?

Whilst I thought our navy swelled initially to defeat Napoleon and control trade shipping routes so the empire could grow, culminating in naval arms races with France, Germany, Russia and the USA?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

To give one example: Geert Wilders deported for making a movie that QUOTES the violent passages of the Koran. Winston Churchill himself compared the Koran to Hitler's book. At the same time Radical Muslims can preach all the hate they want, and are rarely ever deported.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Perhaps, because Muslims are still such a minority (in the UK)?

I'd like to know the context of Churchill's quote - do you have it?

Some Islamic radicals in the UK could be UK natives (born here) and hence it would be impossible to deport them. And any UK citizen (including immigrants) has certain rights under our freedom of speech laws, and obligations under anti terror legislation that might determine intervention by the government/police.

I don't believe that Geert chap holds UK citizenship, so he didn't have any of those rights, and he was denied entry as the Government thought he was intent on causing trouble (as I recall), and because they could. The law was/is working with different people in different ways.

I don't think you were comparing like with like?

Do you have any comparable examples of Islamic radical preaching figures to Geert - I mean wishing to visit the UK and making it clear they wish to preach hatred to racial or religious groups in the UK?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes I would vote BNP now if they had a candidate in my town. I am in my 50's now and have always voted for the Labour Party. But they nor any of the other main parties ever want to do anything about the growing threat from Islam in this country - MY COUNTRY!!!

Anyone can now come into this country, and they are given money, a house a job - whatever they need! Why? They are not prepared to integrate into the established community. Many never even learn to speak English! For God's sake!

I lie in a nice respectable are. Opposite my house is an asian, he is a Muslim. His English wife, who he married to stay in the country, has now converted to Islam. A couple of years ago, he had one of his friends from 'back home stay with him, shortly after his wife turns up with a new born baby. The are now renting a property a few houses down.

4 months ago, another asian woman starts living there with them, supposedly because her husband was beating her, she was pregnant. Now she has had the baby, and yes you guessed it, the husband now turns up. The baby was born here, so the parents can legally live here now too!

When's this crap going to end? Never, if the current main parties stay at the helm. Many Councils now won't publically celebrate Christmas, because it may offend the Muslims.

They'll be wanting Sharia Law next, oh wait, they already do!

Edit to add:

I have no problem with any race of peoples wanting to settle in Great Britain, as long as they are prepared to accept our society and ways. As far as I understand, this is what BNP actually stands for. They even recently changed their membership options , opening up their membership to non-whites!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by mpbdsnu]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
[edit on 043131p://f38Wednesday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I live in the UK, and used to be very politically minded, but once i started to realise that all political parties are governed by the same force, and that is evident in their policies, thought they may have a different name for them, they all pretty much mean the same thing. We dont really have a say in what goes on in our country, no more than in the US at the moment, I mean how many threads are there on here about people disagreeing with their government and its policies? so many people saying i voted for them as well. I have looked in to the BNP as an alternative, but to be honest, they are following the same as UKIP, and the Greens did when they first started to gain popularity, and i would put money on it, that if either one of those three were to get in as next government, they would be over taken by the same system that controls the 3 main parties at the moment. Why? Money, for themselves and to put in the pockets of big brother. None of them give a crap about how you feel, what you want, from education to health care, they want your money and they are going to get it no matter who you vote for. So begs the question, who do you vote for? or do you bother at all. after all what difference will it make any way? There is now a one world government, and it was put there by the people we voted for last time. Now where to go from here is the question, and is it up to us as a collective to try to do something to sort it out, if that is at all possible? I dont know.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

A very very small minority of muslims want shariah law in the terms you are thinking. And those that want aspects of it for civil disputes can have it if they want, british law is still the law of the land and it doesn't conflict with it. Jewish folks already have such laws in place for civil disputes,why not muslims?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

But doesn't Sharia law cover more than civil disputes? I'm pretty sure it does! Why should I and many others stand by and alow it? It is the thin end of the wedge in my humble opinion!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

I thought what you said is very interesting. But I think your argument gets a little unclear. For instance, you say immigrants are 'given' jobs, but in the same para say they aren't integrating into established society, surely work is one of the best ways to do that? Also, this chap married an English woman - that seems very much integration. Are you insisting he become Christian? How many Brits regularly attend church - look up the figures - it's not a massive proportion. (I did - see below - it appears it may be less than 30% now if you follow the trend on those stats, but NB that also appears to include all religions attending worship, so even less would appear to attend Christian worship).

I do wonder how we can challenge immigrants to integrate into our society more, when we seem to find it difficult to define what that is now. I notice Mr Griffin (BNP) suggests we look back to Britain c. 50 years ago, presumably as he sees some form of functioning British culture then? But surely that's the problem, it isn't here any more - anywhere - how do you get it back? I mean hardly anyone goes to church regularly, we have fifty years of nuclear families, disfunctional families, divorce, ,multi-generational unemployment, our own benefits system players, etc...to contend with.

It's widely recognised that most communities have become very fragmented, due to the increased mobility of populations, and things like the dominance of supermarkets destroying smaller economic communities. Most of us don't really know our neighbours, and therefore maintain neighbourhoods anymore. You can't blame that on immigrants.

In the past five-ten years, I've watched a small Devon village loose it's pub, post office and shop, whilst gaining a small identikit housing estate. There's a bus to town twice a day (if you're lucky). Result: everyone exists via their cars, they see each other less, and are more isolated. Compare that to the same place fifty years ago: They were on a neat branch line (pre-Beaching), they had all those local facilities (pub, shop, post office), plus nearly everyone attended church regularly, and most worked either locally or commuted with other members of the community on the train (chatting as they went no doubt). A totally different world, lost for the foreseeable. Take that as a microcosm of the wider picture. There are many factors other than immigration breaking down our society, I feel that in such broken communities, immigrants become easy targets. Plus, they happen to have maintained the discipline and devotion to their faiths and building places of worship that we have largely abandoned, for worship at the local superstore.

I wonder actually, whether our society as it was fifty years ago, might even have been less threatened by current levels of immigration, because it was basically stronger, beleived in itself, and was maintaining local communities, economies and levels of worship and church attendance more comparable to some of our latest immigrants, and the benefits system, had it existed, might not be vulnerable at being played by anyone, because of a tighter local community? We would probably have prefered religious immigrants and suspected those without faith back then?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

It's aspects of shariah law not shariah law itself. It's like jews having laws for civil disputes integrated into british law for them, it still doesn't conflict with our laws or undermine them, simply gives muslims some leeway. I hardly see what the problem is regarding that.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Re: BNP/Nick Griffin wishing to return UK to 1950s Britain link to BNP blog 1950s Britain

How? They suggest we're less Christian because of increased tollerance/liberalism/immigration- but there are other factors too - science has played a part, for example...I just don't see how they could really reverse all of this now...

British Election Studies, in British Social Attitudes 2006/2007, p9. National Center for Social Research data on organized religion in the UK:

Belong to a religion and attend services
1964: 74%
1970: 71%
1983: 55%
1992: 37%
2005: 31%

Does not belong
1964: 3%
1970: 5%
1983: 26%
1992: 31%
2005: 38%

"Populus poll, The Sun, June 2005:

* 27% are atheists
* 70% believe in "God or some form of higher power"
* 3% don't know
* 35% never pray
* 35% never attend a place of worship
* 53% said it was not important for the nation's leader to have a strong religious belief
* 23% think there is no afterlife."

"Reader’s Digest survey, March 2005:
Only 48% of Britons know what Christians are remembering at Easter."

"Fewer own Bibles, more believe in ghosts -- ICM poll of 1000 people for UKTV, November 2004 (reported in Church Times)

* In 1954 90% owned a Bible; in 2004 65% did
* In 1954 10% believed in ghosts; in 2004 42%
* In 2004 nearly3/4said they were not members of a religious group or faith."

www.statistics.gov.uk... says:

"Religion In The UK
Census shows 72% identify as Christians

In 2001 the Census collected information about religious identity. The topic was new to the Census in England, Wales and Scotland although the subject had been included in previous Censuses in Northern Ireland.

Just over three-quarters of the UK population reported having a religion. More than seven out of ten people said that their religion was Christian (72 per cent). After Christianity, Islam was the most common faith with nearly 3 per cent describing their religion as Muslim (1.6 million).

The next largest religious groups were Hindus (559 thousand), followed by Sikhs (336 thousand), Jews (267 thousand), Buddhists (152 thousand), and people from Other religions (179 thousand). These groups each accounted for less than 1 per cent and together accounted for a further 3 per cent of the UK population.

People in Northern Ireland were most likely to say that they identified with a religion (86%) compared with those in England and Wales (77%) and Scotland (67%). About sixteen per cent of the UK population stated that they had no religion. This category included agnostics, atheists, heathens and those who wrote Jedi Knight.

The Census religion question was a voluntary question. Nevertheless, over 92 per cent of people chose to answer it."

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote BNP... they carry no weight in this neck of the woods, but there again niether do the multi-culti PC types.. and I for one am sick of the fear based agenda both these groups push.

This country is in a mess, a real mess, so much so that in my part of England one town has just started having it's own independence day celebrations, where they erect borders around the town and have their own presidential elections...

It's a nice two fingered salute to the Establishment (and a fun day) I can appeciate the sentiment of not wanting to be part of the rest of the UK right now, the multi-culti establishment is causing a lot of pain for a lot of people and simply do not represent the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

UK over-run by extremist Politically Correct, Health and Safety Anti-Risk litigation obsessed, EU shackled bureaucrats?

But I still can't take voting for BNP seriously?

I think you may be on to something there, I like the idea of locally driven cultural change, re-inventing ourselves as something entirely new, as opposed to whipping up some dodgy nationalism based on a desire for a return to a past that we will never realise and would hurt many more in the process of pursuing.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Multiculturalism - it conjures up a vision of being blended into a sort of racial smoothy... Except it doesn't quite work like that. Instead you get whole districts, towns even being taken over by a particular culture. Anyone been to Bradford lately? An Asian friend once explained to me the ways in which potential white buyers are deliberately squeezed out of the mix. It's the flip side of the infamous 'white flight'.
Integration? I don't think so. If you were dropped, blindfolded by helicopter, you might wonder what country you were in.

The BNP does indeed say what the ordinary person is thinking. But I think they have too much baggage to ever be an effective party to lead the country.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by unicorn1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join