It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
reply to post by northof8

Personally I think the tone of your posts are abhorrent. But, you have finally posted something interesting with some subtance. It would be very interesting to follow up on this and see if the officers shot were indeed the officers involved in the taser incident.

Even if it is found that they are the ones, that doesn't justify the taking of their lives.

And your blind faith in these four officers is just as abhorrent to me. You blindly defend a police force that has a brutal history and expect us to just fall in line because you cant do your own research? Ever hear of Google? Whatever...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
So you want everyone to have a fair trial but you want these perps caught and executed? So you are passing judgment without a fair trial huh?..

After a fair trial of course, after they have been found guilty. It's pretty obvious from my post what I meant.

Man, is reading comprehension that much of a lost art?

link   

Originally posted by Atomic
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

If your own hate is enough to justify killing then sign up for the Nazi party.

Or maybe just the police academy..

link   
reply to post by apacheman

If that's not one way to build a clock tower sniper I don't know what is. If I was him and my life was ruined like that I would do some real training and then commit as much murder and mayhem as I could with the real perpetrators. No one deserves that. Poor guy...

[edit on 29-11-2009 by northof8]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Jump much? How can there be any good cops when they refuse to follow our constitution? I don't back it, but I can see the powder keg that has been made by repeated incidences of police brutality.

Well the Cops where i live don't have a constitution and neither do i... so it doesn't concern me.

And i absolutely abhor police brutality and agree with some of the earlier comments from people.
But just saying that this killing of these 4 cops is acceptable because of other examples of police brutality that have taken place...is...er.... crazy!!!

If it turns out that these cops did rape some woman or do some absolutely terrible thing then i will think it's justice.... but just assuming that's the case or saying that even if it's not the case but some other people have been beaten and tasered by bad cops so that makes this killing ok, is just ignorant and ridiculous.

[edit on 29/11/09 by blupblup]

link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I disagree with you wholeheartedly!

The fact of the matter is, that when police officers are working for the good of the people, when they perform heroics, these deeds are very rarely reported on sites like ATS as there is no conspiracy in it.

However when a police officer is guilty of a crime, or perceived crime against the people he or she is supposed to protect, it's headline news on sites like this.

Damned if you do , damned if you don't!

link   
lol don't jump to a conclusion too fast.

We just have to wait till the "facts" come out.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I thought this type of stuff went down every day in the US, maybe I've been watching too much of The Wire and Die Hard movies

You wouldn't believe it, but our urban crime rates are much lower than those in England.

Unless you're in someplace like Inglewood.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I thought this thread was a place to find news updates on this breaking story NOT a place to bash police or put them on a pedestal....there is some kind of hero/villan (sp?) black and white thinking going on here.

I did see a thread that seemed to be aimed for "cop haters" to vent..maybe you should check that out!

For those of you who want to provide updates and theories (that are actually intelligent) please keep it up! I for one find this kind of thing pretty crazy, considering any American would know the consequences of killing a cop(s). Not suggesting the people involved aren't Americans, just saying WOW--the police won't stop until all of the suspects are caught or "taken care of"

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Originally posted by Atomic
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

If your own hate is enough to justify killing then sign up for the Nazi party.

Or maybe just the police academy..

Trust me, I've had my run in with the cops, one for pulling me over for going 1mph over the speed limit just to pull a power trip...I don't worship them.

But you made a great point. There's bad cops, there's bad blacks, there's bad white people. But generalizing everyone to justify one incident is illogical--its emotional.

I don't think any of us love bad cops...in fact we hate them more than anything since they ruined our trust. There's no proof these 4 people were bad cops...so to rejoice in their death is to rejoice when innocents are killed. The nazis thought that way...so I see no difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's my theory:

nobody has any information. nobody knows anything.

it's a good idea to at least have SOME details before even attempting to form a hypothesis.

it's amazing how much people can glean from absolutely zilch.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by northof8
So you want everyone to have a fair trial but you want these perps caught and executed? So you are passing judgment without a fair trial huh?..

After a fair trial of course, after they have been found guilty. It's pretty obvious from my post what I meant.

Man, is reading comprehension that much of a lost art?

Mean what you say and say what you mean. The latter part of your original post never indicated you wanted the perps to get a fair trial. You just want them found and executed. Whatever...

You like many assume these cops didn't deserve what they got. I reserve judgment in either case. I only speculate and after my own research and I am leaning towards the cops being guilty of a major injustice. Some find that abhorrent...

You one the other hand want to dispense with the question of why and go right to the execution of the perps...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueTruth
Here's my theory:

nobody has any information. nobody knows anything.

it's a good idea to at least have SOME details before even attempting to form a hypothesis.

it's amazing how much people can glean from absolutely zilch.

Not true... Google Lakewood WA Police Brutality. That is the angle I am working from. Flawed or not, it's a theory and not an unreasonable path to speculate down.

Someone may be truly fed up with the way the cops are treating citizens or worse and very grave injustice has been perpetrated by these four. That is a well reasoned hypothesis is it not?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You haven't said why you are leaning to the fact the cops are guilty of something........what is your reasoning?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

Ok, take a breath. I did not say I agreed with any thing you stated nor anyone else . I'm simply saying, you have free speech in America eh. I think it's in the constitution or bill of rights. Oh yea, you guys don't have that anymore eh. Right the Patriot Act replaced it. Technically you guys don't really have many rights anymore, do you? So in that case maybe the guy didn't have a right to say it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I hear you, but that's still not evidence. It's a theory, based on two facts that may or may not be related. LOTS of cities have problems with police brutality. The connection does not necessarily follow.

All of the idea floated are plausible, but I just think we'd be well served in this 'conspiracy community' to be a little more discriminating and patient - aplly the scientific method to our thought process. It'd go along way towards elevating our credibility.

It is precisely when we shout out unfounded theories that we get laughed at, and I hate when that happens.

I know it's fun to guess, but it's more important we don't, for the sake of us all.

peace.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Cops are human too and can be some down right dirty pricks.

You think you are telling me something? Then quit thinking pal.

I 've been arrested 31 times . I know cops can be azzholes.

I would never wish this on anyone. Let alone gloat and baask.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Probably a drug deal gone bad. Isn't that what cops always say when a citizen gets shot.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was there this morning...well not at Forza but I was on my way to work. Left home at 0830 (apparently this all happened around 0830) and I was on Steele street about a block from Forza and there was a police roadblock. We were routed through the backstreets over to 112th Street. The intersection at 112th and Steele was blocked off and there were 6 police cars. I looked down toward Forza and saw police cars in the street and off to the side...lights are all on.

I went toward the on-ramp to WA-512 and saw 2 unmarked cars with lights on heading toward Forza. When I got onto I5-N, I saw 4 police cars with lights hauling ass going southbound. I had no clue what was going on until a little bit ago. I was right there....thats some crazy sh*t for you.

I drive by the coffee shop everyday going to work. I live a couple miles away from it. The area doesnt seem "that bad" but it is Lakewood area so....doesnt really surprise me.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm going to take the warning.

You, sir, are an idiot. Let me break it down for you. In the first sentence I stated, "NOBODY deserves to be executed WITHOUT a FAIR TRIAL."

Then I said, "Having said that, I believe in the DEATH PENALTY and hope that the perps of this crime receive it." When does a DEATH PENALTY get delivered? Yes, that is correct, after a TRIAL by a JURY. And then the person gets to APPEAL numerous times, ad nauseum. Only then does a DEATH PENALTY get administered.

Obviously, I didn't spell everything out in excruciating detail, but I hope you get it now. You idiot.

Mods, I'm guilty of an offense and I expect to be punished accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join