It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

You're a sick and troubled and very deluded individual.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

He says investigators believe the officers were targeted, and it was not a robbery.

Good job covering this story Daddybear! Could not have been easy!

This thread is moving to fast to even keep up with.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
The only good cop is a dead cop.

So yeah these cops are good.

You will never stop police brutality unless you start killing some to put them in their place.

The only reason you don't see KKK around much anymore is because they all joined the police force.

The more dead cops the better.

And I couldn't care less what people on the internet think about me.

You're a disgrace to the human race!

Have you had a run in with the police?......did you get your just desserts?........are you now bitter?

why do you hate the police so much?.......confrontational statements mean nothing unless you can back them up with facts!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
4 people have been murdered. Whether good or bad they may have families, children of their own who would have viewed them as dads, brothers, sons.

We should feel their loss and try to imagine for a minute the terror felt by those who were gunned down. Even if they were "bad cops", two wrongs dont make a right. Its a sad world in which we live.

Respects

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Alright, Here's one to think about. After seeing an alarming increase in LEO's shooting more citizens than the criminals were, I wrote a story tittled "The Deadly Brotherhood of the Gun" and contacted the Editor of the Salt Lake Tribune for him to revue and print. Three days later I was warned by him "If I print this, they'll kill you and me both. The story has been locked-up in a cedar chest ever since October 2005. I'd like to know the whole story including all that's swepp under the rug before deciding who to feel sorry for. MM

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why not just leave the guy alone? He's probably just laughing his ass off because of the attention he's getting. He's thinking what insane thing can I say next to piss these people off. Guess what, he's winning.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mormonmike

You should post your story on here... we wont kill you.
I'd be interested to see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Go ahead, mouth off all you want. Your abuse of your rights confirms

one thing for me. That you would most likely be the worst of the

power abusers. Your words are a display of your brutality.

What you don't understand is that it must stop somewhere.

So cheer the evil deed.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
The only good cop is a dead cop.

So yeah these cops are good.

You will never stop police brutality unless you start killing some to put them in their place.

The only reason you don't see KKK around much anymore is because they all joined the police force.

And I couldn't care less what people on the internet think about me.

How deplorable, that is. :shk:

4 families lost a loved one today and their friends, co-workers, associates, what have you, must deal with the same ... and yet all you can find within yourself is the ability to champion or applaud the same.

Despicable.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Annie Mossity]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It is just for such a reason that most departments I am familiar with now have regulations against any more than 2 of us at one establishment at any one time. Unless of course we are on a complaint.

We are also carrying more and more effective weapons, which of course in a situation like this, would have done no good.

I do hope they capture these cowardly abscesses on societies rear end, and parade them in chains for us all to see. That's a good heart warming picture...

Semper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Look, none of us here really knows what this was about. Was it Islamic Jihad (doubtful)? Was it gang initiation (possible)? Was it a disgruntled family member of a victim of police brutality (possible)? Was it a loose canon (maybe)? Was it Domestic Terrorism in retaliation for abuses against the people and the oath (Possibly)?

Somewhere out there is a guy who knows, but he is not here right now and until we hear his story we will not fully understand the motivation behind this attack.

My sympathies go out to the families of the slain officers and the surviving officers.

I speculate and its just speculation that we may see more of this type of behavior, this may be the start or this may just be a random occurence. Police officers in our country are being painted as an adversary laregly because of some of their actions and the push to show the abuses of the bad apples in the bunch (Get ready for censorship on the subject of police brutality - YouTube anyone). I personally believe that the overwhelming percentage of Police officers around the nation are excellent at what they do and use restraint in their duties but because of the growing occurences of police brutality and the blatant abuse of powers by many I must admit that I do look at them with a wary eye. It feels more like the sheep are being picked off by the wolves of late and that is unfortunate. I see far less emphasis on protecting and serving and more towards enforcing. this fundamentally needs to change or we will see repeat performances.

The G20 went a long way towards destroying any relationship the police might have had with their citizenry. To see so many officers in unison completely trampling on the civil liberties of the public they are sworn to protect at the whim of their leaders was almost (if not) irreversibly detrimental to their public appeal. I've spoken to alot of officers I've had the pleasure of working with and they largely just follow orders and allow the courts to sort things out after the fact. This fundamentally has to change. I'm reminded of Jack Mcclambs reccolection of the little old man who asked him to recite the one of the ammendments and he could not. the man said how can I expect you to protect my rights when you dont even know what they are?

I know it seems like a small thing but it is not. the uniforms have to return to the days of "officer friendly" this is imperative. If I as an ex servicemenber see a tan or olive green 511 uiform my immediate reaction is to keep my eye on the potential adversary. We have a military and our law enfocement is not it nor should it ever be. This militarization of our law enforcement is doing nothing for public appeal and is laregly fueling our distrust and their emboldenment. You think what you wear doesnt affect your personality, think again. It intimidates those around you and it empowers the wearer.

In a nutshell if our protectors do not put some serious emphasis on improving their public appeal then this will not be the last time we hear about something of this nature. We are in this together'

To the police:
We are not your adversary and you are here to protect us as our public servants please do not forget that as you will be held to account for your actions against your oath despite orders you may have recieved. We sleep well at night knowing you are out there doing your thing please do not force us to sleep with one eye open.

May we all grow from this experience and not head yet futher towards the point of no return.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by DaddyBare

He says investigators believe the officers were targeted, and it was not a robbery.

Good job covering this story Daddybear! Could not have been easy!

You must know of my own background... no its never easy for me to read about a murder cop civilian, much worse when its a child.... always hits me right in the gut... one of the big reasons we we're getting out of Albuquerque too, were up to almost nightly murders here as the Mexican drug war heats up. if this is a spill over from that war then its here in full force now. look at what's happened to Juárez as an example, their 250 murderers per month, then things could get very bad indeed

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by northof8

You haven't said why you are leaning to the fact the cops are guilty of something........what is your reasoning?

Well one of my earlier posts describes a brutal attack on some one refusing medical attention. That in and of it self does not justify what happened but if it is any indication of what they do as a department then they may be guilty of much, much worse. That case resulted in a 90,000 judgment but from what I read no one was fired.

I'm not saying it's a fact. Once again, it's speculation on my part but there are incidents reported and you can find them on Google. This is not your Andy Griffith, Mayberry town. These cops are very mean pricks and may have precipitated vengeance. Speculation... Not fact...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is just for such a reason that most departments I am familiar with now have regulations against any more than 2 of us at one establishment at any one time. Unless of course we are on a complaint.

We are also carrying more and more effective weapons, which of course in a situation like this, would have done no good.

I do hope they capture these cowardly abscesses on societies rear end, and parade them in chains for us all to see. That's a good heart warming picture...

Semper

Once again, you are assuming the cops didn't deserve what they got. How do you know they didn't cover up a cold blooded murder on their part? This stuff just doesn't happen folks.

Even for gangs it's rare to gun down American Cops. It just doesn't happen on a scale like this. Four cops targeted with no civis killed? No witnesses whacked?

It's just as heart warming to me if we do indeed find out these cops were dirty and got what they deserved. Lakewood is known for their Nazi tactics so I wouldn't put it past a person that was wronged in some grave way to do society a favor. Takes balls of that's the case but you wont get justice any other way when the blue gang covers up their butchery.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

You sir, are an idiot.

Did you know those Officers?

Do you know their history?

What they have done?

Their FAMILIES?

Do you know for certain they were evil men?

Would YOU condemn them to death?

You and everyone that starred you are just sick, sad, pathetic individuals.. absolutely disgusting.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
From these posts I would say we all have had some experience with the police force, both good and bad. It is a part of life.
My working hypothesis is the following, part is based off of what I have read, seen and looked at, and personal experience with seeing where the police tend to gather:
1) I doubt it was an ambush, after seeing on the news the area that this took place, it is out in the open, windows that are clear on 2 sides of the building. So you have clear line of sight able to see anyone who is approaching. From my own experience, when you have that many police officers in one location, there is someone who is alert, and they tend to note mentally anyone walking up. As they were looking and discussing, I think they may not have viewed the suspect at a threat.
2) The person who did this, had experience with guns. To go in, and kill 4 police officers, and no one else, shows a high discipline. In any firefight, people are moving, and dodging, trying to take cover, and get out of the line of fire. Killing one or 2 and getting shot that is something that is plausable, but to take out 4 trained police officers and not get shot, shows that he has training.
3) As there were witnesses who were not shot, and nothing was taken, the following can be believed: The shooter is not a serial killer, a hit man, a professional assissin, as he left people alive. I doubt he is a gang member, as they tend to spray and tend to hit alot more, often missing the targets or hitting bystanders.
4) There may have been another person as the suspect just disappeared away from the area real quick.
So right now that is about all that we can figure out.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Every sane person knows cops are not interested in the welfare of their fellow man. To serve and protect themselves and the government.

When they pull you over or harass they don't see themselves protecting anyone, there just trying to make their quota for the month.

Cops are always trying to pull fast ones on people who don't know their rights, then suddenly when someone knows their rights, all of a sudden they have no rights as long as the cops are around.

Who cares if those cops have families, I'm glad their family is suffering as they rightfully should. I hope they cry for years.

How many families do you think have suffered due to those stupid cops anyways?

I myself and many people I know have been wrongfully harassed by cops and my father was once almost arrested for trying to make a harassment complaint for my step sister.

How many people go around talking about great experiences with cops, compared to horrible harassment by cops?

It's so bad now that at court, a lot of judges know the cops are full of crap and are starting to question the cops on a lot of these false charges going out.

*Mod Edit: No need for those types of statements. Cheers -alien

[edit on 29-11-2009 by alien]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033My Father was a honest Police Officer , not all cops are corrupt , you really need to watch what you say , them cops were murdered in cold blood , they probably were married and have children ,

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Until I hear more, I'll withhold judgment, but street justice is my #1 suspect here.

Starred your comment apache. I think it is an important one.

I would only add that no matter anyones guilt in any of this. There is

always inocense weaved thru every life.

TEARS

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join