It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The apple was a lie!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Every word of God proves true (Proverbs 30:5)

The apple will surely kill you... ... ...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Every word of God proves true (Proverbs 30:5)

The apple will surely kill you... ... ...

'Cept when he contradicts himself, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

Thus they became mortals.

A good question would be "what would we be today if they hadn't eaten the apple?" Dumb, old and naked?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I heard it was a probably a delicious pomegranate.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The apple represents free will.

Choosing the apple over simple faith is a lesson reiterated in nearly every religion.

Choosing free will is what led to all the pain and suffering mankind endures to this day.

You see, our lives are all about using the 'free will' we have chosen to return to the 'garden' of our eternal destiny with the Father.

The Word is true, but the choice is ours.

In some ways it makes victory sweeter. To have known eternal bliss without being given the opportunity to choose it seems like it would not have been as meaningful as being given free choice and deciding love and light are the path to choose.

Good has no meaning apart from the experience of evil.

Light has no meaning if there is no darkness.

Love means nothing until you have experienced hate.

And maybe we didn't choose the apple, but we can use the gift of free will to return to our garden.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Where does it say it was an apple? WHERE?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Had our progenitors not eaten from the Tree of Knowledge we would be as dumb and happy as the animals.

Animals don't fear death, worry about money, or care with whom they mate.

The tree set us apart from the animals, self-aware and ashamed.

But, now that we know what a pain in the ass free-will is we can use it to our advantage.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie

Oh man...

Does it matter? Apple? Fruit? Bush?

It's a figurative story. There was no literal apple -- The story represents the fall of man, turning away from the garden God provided for us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It doesn't say apple in the Bible.

The Latin word for both apple and evil is malum.

When the first translations of the Bible were made, the connection was drawn.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The latest theory I heard was that it was meant to represent agriculture..."crops" for the masses.

Or over endulgence.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Thus they became mortals.

A good question would be "what would we be today if they hadn't eaten the apple?" Dumb, old and naked?

I always kind of thought of that. Im sure we would have come up with some ritual where we slaughter the extremely old at a certain age, if they havnt died from natural causes already.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh please...is that the best you can do?

I come and try to add a funny comment and refer to the "fruit from the tree" as an apple as the OP did and you want to get into a debate over correct terms?

No thanks. I won't bite that one. oops "pun intended"

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Had our progenitors not eaten from the Tree of Knowledge we would be as dumb and happy as the animals.
That's all good and well...but the Lord still lied...

EDIT: And if the "apple" gave us self-awareness and free-will...how were we able to defy the commands of the Lord and choose the "apple" in the first place?

[edit on 28/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Things got convoluted over time...seek to be like Abram/Abraham & make
a direct & personal link...this is the real test if there is one...imo of course.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Please tell me where you came up with Latin? Shouldn't you be looking at the actual Hebrew word used? When King James had the bible translated.. he went from Hebrew to english for the old testament did he not? Only the Catholic translations used any latin.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Please tell me where you came up with Latin? Shouldn't you be looking at the actual Hebrew word used? When King James had the bible translated.. he went from Hebrew to english for the old testament did he not? Only the Catholic translations used any latin.

We are talking around 400-500 C.E., mate. English wasn't even a language yet.(Not in any form we would recognize, anyway.. though its precursors are visible.)

The original language of the Bible is Hebrew, Aramaic (Which is NOT Hebrew) and Greek.

Also, The KJV took reference from about 9 different languages.

Edited to add Hebrew.. cuz I fergot it.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
mortality was inherited upon the exile from the garden. had there been no exile, man would not know death.

but if things didn't happen as said we wouldn't be talking about it. so much more was gained in exchange for what was lost.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by emsed1

That's all good and well...but the Lord still lied...

EDIT: And if the "apple" gave us self-awareness and free-will...how were we able to defy the commands of the Lord and choose the "apple" in the first place?

well as long as we're supposing God is real in a thread, then we shouldn't forget the flood, which killed everything, except those/what God chose to save.
So I don't think it's a lie at all, really.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

no where does it say freewill was gained from the tree, maybe u should read it before u critique it and inquire if you don't understand before u make a childish statement

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

no where does it say freewill was gained from the tree, maybe u should read it before u critique it and inquire if you don't understand before u make a childish statement

Uhhh...I was going off what people in this thread have said...and I know very well what it says thank you...they suddenly realized they were naked and felt like they needed to hide their shame...I assume that's where people get the idea that the "tree of life" gave man free-will and self-awareness...and I'd rather you not call people childish when your post is by far the most immature so far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join