It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The apple was a lie!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

well as long as we're supposing God is real in a thread, then we shouldn't forget the flood, which killed everything, except those/what God chose to save.
So I don't think it's a lie at all, really.
Well I suppose that's possibly what God meant...but I'd still say he was deceitful unless that passage wasn't translated properly.

I heard Gods of death love apples...God was obviously annoyed over them taking his "apple"...so he thought he'd just wipe the Earth clean because "everyone" except Noah and his family were "corrupt"...
...jks...Death Note fans will get it...

[edit on 28/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The apple was a lie!

Exclaimed the orange!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Look at all the New-Age philosophies today. Don't they all state similar things,that "You are a god;all is god,god is all"?

"Lucifer was cast from Heaven for attempting to equal God, who can have no equal. Then, being filled with evil, Lucifer tempted Eve with the forbidden fruit, telling her that if she ate the fruit, “your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Thus began the fall of man as he attempted to be as God."

It's about not trusting God,who had created everything Adam and Eve could possibly need or want. That wasn't good enough for Satan though! He wanted to come along and mess that up,and he's done a pretty good job of ever since!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

"Lucifer was cast from Heaven for attempting to equal God, who can have no equal. Then, being filled with evil, Lucifer tempted Eve with the forbidden fruit

My bible says the serpent spoke to Eve not Lucy? Where you get that? Just randomly adding to the word of god? I see nothing in Genesis about Satan at all. Care to sight a source?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

How about if you go to a dictionary and look up the word "Comprehend"?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Here is a modified response from another thread. I think it is very relevant to what you are posing.

I am going to warn in advance that this reply might sound flippant, presumptuous, and/or arrogant. I assure you that there is a method to this madness I employ, so please try to read in the infinite spaces between the lines, if you catch my drift.

Yes, the apple was a lie, but in order to reconcile free will with love, we must have the option of following a lie. Eventually, the lies reveal themselves as such, as one can only bear being split and burned so much. The downward spiral must bottom out, and then the ascent must begin again, seeking being and not a split. Eventually one realizes the lie is the illusory disconnect, or hate. We all act as cells in one body, who authors one drama, whether or not we like it. The devil is in the details at this time, but not for much longer. I do know that we must diligently spread seeds of beauty and love and insight (in addition to pointing out obvious, mindless, repetitive rituals, freeing people from their loopiness, encouraging them to develop their very own insight), but I also know what to not fear anymore. All the conspiracies will very soon conspire with each other, leaving only one spiral, and that spiral will be the spirit of the beast. The ego masquerading as the divine. It is created by the war between men and women. Animals self-identifying as men and not women or spirit are dominating, seeking vainglory. Animals self-identifying as women, and not men or spirit are manipulating, seeking vainglory. The two combine into a singularity that can properly be called the Devil. We will realize that we do not self-identify with this vulgarity, this worm behaving as if God, and we will conquer our flesh. We will then develop something like the mind of Christ. We do not have to hate each other, the one weaving the drama for the other, and the other being a character to resolve the drama for the one. The dramas are only woven because the author knows not "I." People will actually communicate, and not be mindless animated meat puppets desperately trying to mirror the "other." Us vs them, domination and manipulation, master and slave: this dynamic dissolves into ashes. The character shall resolve the drama in the grand play. The animal alphas, mindless vaginas and penises, these shall no longer have a lick of authority. The loving spiritual alphas will soar. Whatever details develop from this dynamic will be. Whatever branches grow from this seed will be. I certainly will it, but who cares? I'm just one of those who is not split down the middle in a society full of controlling, fearful schizophrenics. BTW, I am not disrespecting those of you labeled schizophrenics. I think at least you made the attempt to understand the schism.

Much love. If I must be bound by something, I choose love.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
No, the cake was a lie.

Couldn't resist the Portal reference. I think others have covered the whole apple explanation.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

We are talking around 400-500 C.E., mate. English wasn't even a language yet.(Not in any form we would recognize, anyway.. though its precursors are visible.)

The original language of the Bible is Hebrew, Aramaic (Which is NOT Hebrew) and Greek.

Also, The KJV took reference from about 9 different languages.

Edited to add Hebrew.. cuz I fergot it.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

Regardless to the language Adam and Eve actually spoke, the record we have of the events (Old Testament) were written in ancient Hebrew, with a few short elements in Aramaic (these are: (Ezra 4.8–6.18 and 7.12–26, Jeremiah 10.11, Daniel 2.4–7.28).

The way I was taught to study the bible, was to get a Hebrew bible, find the word used for "apple or fruit" from this passage and look up the Hebrew definition of it.

The New Testament was written in Greek but we know the writers spoke Aramaic which is a dialect of Hebrew. So when I study the TN and a Jewish person is speaking, like Jesus, I look up the words in Hebrew to get a more complete understanding of his thought proceses because Jesus was first a Jew.. his thought processes would be Jewish. He and his deciples also spoke Greek as a second language. Greek was the most prevalent language of the time that almost everyone spoke. This is why the NT was written in Greek - to bring the known world the Gospel of Jesus.

I find it helpful to have Hebrew and Greek literal translations with the use of Hebrew and Greek concordences, lexicons and dictionaries.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

And if the "apple" gave us self-awareness and free-will...how were we able to defy the commands of the Lord and choose the "apple" in the first place?

Funny thing is that Adam and Eve DID have free will before they ate the forbidden fruit.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Just because God commanded them not to is irrelevant.Sorry, I just don't see the "LIE"

[edit on 29-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
people people if you read the bible adem eve DIDENT KNOW death nore did they know they were naked nore did they know sin.
Doesent say they were going to live foreveer just says they dident know death.
so god puts the tree in and says dont eat from this or you will surly KNOW death .
ok lets look at your dog he doesent KNOW death He doesnt know hes naked and he doesent Know sin .
notice any silmiartys after adem eve ate from the tree they then knew what? Death sin and nakedness . befor that they were nakeed they could die and sin just wasent known . aka dog aka animal .
so the bible is accutly talking about EVOLUTION ppl.
the transistion from a animal that doesent know its going to die doesnt know its naked doesent know any such thing as sin .
The lion feals no regret killing the hinea .To a thinking creater that now THINKS about teh fact it will die to thinks about the fact it can creat clothing to keep warm and now feals remorse when it kills another animal .
its so funny all the cristions trying there darnest to discount evolution and there it is right in there owen book. adem and eve were animals that dident know death sin or nakedness and changed to awarness in wich they now knew all thous things . (evolution = change none awarness animals awarness man changed

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Please tell me where you came up with Latin? Shouldn't you be looking at the actual Hebrew word used? When King James had the bible translated.. he went from Hebrew to english for the old testament did he not? Only the Catholic translations used any latin.

I would suggest you review the letter the translators left for you, the reader, about how they produced the King James (The Mason) edition.

I believe all sources materials where considered.

But that is for the reader to understand, hence the letter.

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Not to be rude but this question was already explained in Genesis. Even the serpent stated 'Hath God said?' regarding the fruit causing death. It was even noted they did not die right away.

I see no mention of immediate death but according to the passages, Adam and Eve did die eventually.

For instance, I could say asbestos will kill you. Does that mean the second you inhale it? No. But the harmful effects will begin, which happened to Adam and Eve.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Adam had lost sanctifying grace,supernaturally he died. Thats why we suffer.

I swear i'm not following you around

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Absolutely. I agree it was a spiritual death of sorts.

But also biological. For instance, our bodies are in a constant state of decay. Although our cells regenerate to an extent, our bodies also degenerate with age. So I may be wrong but I suspect that is what happened with Adam and Eve. They went from immortal beings to biological degenerating beings, along with the rest of creation after the fall.

They became mortal and started to 'die' as the degeneration process took place.

Going from immortal to mortal, their bodies began the death/dying process.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

If that was the case then they would have been like God's already ,right?.

In another words why would the serpent tell them that if they eat they would be like God if they were already like God-immortal.That doesn't make sense.

The "fall of man" would have been pointless. I don't think a physical death was what was meant.

I cant seem to find it, but I do remember reading that God said all things living must come to a end. However, I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Also I may be wrong but I suspect that is what happened with Adam and Eve. They went from immortal beings to biological degenerating beings, along with the rest of creation after the fall.

You have not expressed this specifically, but does "along with the rest of creation" imply Mankind, (created on the 6th day) also had immortality and it was removed through the actions of the two, (Adam and Eve) and what occured within the Garden?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Okay, firstly, i wonder why people forget about the tree of life? it's pretty much right after they get kicked out....

"Gen. 3:22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden dto till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So eHe drove out the man; and He placed fcherubim gat the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life. "

bible.logos.com...=Ge%203%3A22%2Chi%3DGe%203%3A22-Ge%203%3A22&ver=NKJV

Also, found an article explaining more about what the tree may have been:

www.answersingenesis.org...

Maybe that will clear up some things here...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

I don't think they were aware of the tree of life.Come to think of it eating from The tree of life would make them live for ever

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

this strengthens my theory that if before they ate from the tree of knowledge, hyopthetically speaking they would have physically died. It must be a spiritual death. Thank you for pointing this out.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8
reply to post by On the Edge

"Lucifer was cast from Heaven for attempting to equal God, who can have no equal. Then, being filled with evil, Lucifer tempted Eve with the forbidden fruit

My bible says the serpent spoke to Eve not Lucy? Where you get that? Just randomly adding to the word of god? I see nothing in Genesis about Satan at all. Care to sight a source?

What does is matter. A rose by anyother name is still a rose. "The Serpent" is Satan, or the Devil or whatever you would wish to call him. Vulcan? I could go on, but to what point. The matter should be clear to any which have taken the time to actually read Genesis.

Since you fail to have noted anything in specific as of yet, let me point out some curious things and see what you see between the lines.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me,
and I did eat.
3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast
done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every
beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust
shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
3:15 ; And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and
between thy seed and her seed, it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

What did the Woman say? The serpent beguiled me.

Interesting word, beguiled. In the hebrew it means to be wholely seduced.
Interesting definition, wholely seduced. It expresses that not only seduction occurs, but it was the whole package. A homerun so to speak.

What is GOD's response to the SERPENT? It is a CURSE and a PROPHECY.
Actually the FIRST Curse in the Bible as well as the first prophecy. Something important is being expressed here to a simple little serpent, as you make it to be.

1st GOD's Curse: LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast
done this.......

Done this??? Maybe he makes this clearer.

2nd GOD's Prophecy:And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed, it shall bruise thy head, and
thou shalt bruise his heel.

Interesting choice of words. The serpent gets Eve to eat a fruit and suddenly after being wholely seduced (beguiled) the Serpent is now responsible for offspring? Afterall, "thy seed" is the serpent's seed.

We then jump ahead and find Adam get's it on with Eve after the expulsion.

4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare
Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper
of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Why is Abel, Adam's Son, which Abel means,

1893 Hebel heh'-bel the same as 1892; Hebel, the son of Adam:--Abel.

while Cain isn't

6969 quwn koon a primitive root; to strike a musical note, i.e. chant or wail (at a funeral):--lament, mourning woman.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7013 qayin kah'-yin from 6969 in the original sense of fixity; a lance (as striking fast):--spear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7014 Qayin kah'-yin the same as 7013 (with a play upon the affinity to 7069); Kajin, the name of the first child, also of a place in Palestine, and of an Oriental tribe:--Cain, Kenite(-s).
7069 qanah kaw-naw' a primitive root; to erect, i.e. create; by extension, to procure, especially by purchase (causatively, sell); by implication to own:--attain, buy(-er), teach to keep cattle, get, provoke to jealousy, possess(-or), purchase, recover, redeem, X surely, X verily.

Yes, 7014 Qayin was his name, but since it did not even note his parentage, (Adam and/or Eve) I thought a review of the Roots would offer something to see.

Did it?

Then in the completion of Chapter four, we see 1 Family line. Cain's Seed, or as GOD expressed to the serpent "thy seed".

Chapter 5 and on refer to the descendants of ADAM. A completely different family line.

This is the real story of the fall from the Garden and it's right in your own bible. We just choose to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) away the matter and be ignorant of the events since if true, we would have to reconsider many things "SOME" would not wish us to reconsider.

Many wish to have us believe a lie. Here, the post is revolving around just such a lie. Keeping truth from being discovered, while posing confusion and babel.

This is why the last book of the Bible opens with letter to seven churches and addresses somethings these churchs do and don't do. Two of these churches secure praise of some sort from GOD. What exactly was that praise towards?

The church in Smyrna

Revelations 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

The church in Philadelphia

Revelations 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

This is the "thy seed" spoken about by GOD when cursing the serpent. The Seed of Satan.

I hope this lets you reconsider the matter, and that maybe some time can be spent seeking the truth from God's Word. Afterall, it's his letter to you.

Ciao

Shane

www.jesus-is-lord.com...
www.jesus-is-lord.com...
www.eliyah.com...

Reference links for review. And the Strong's link was just to Strong's link. You wish to word search, put in your own words, but always search the roots as well if they are available. You get prespective.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Every word of God proves true (Proverbs 30:5)

The apple will surely kill you... ... ...

Whats that? Humans are no longer immortal? They lose all of their nonphysical senses and abilities? They feel true pain and experience the illusions of duality? Man did, truly, experience death.

Though it is an origin story, bits and parts of it hold truth. The fall...no, the shift from 11th density to 3rd density perhaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join