It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

+46 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The definition of being a chrstian is being "christ-like." Christians should be the epitomy of humiity, harmless as doves and clever as serpents. Christians should be quick to pray and slow to judge. Christians should not believe everyone who calls themselves a christian just to get their vote. If christians loved their enemies and prayed for them, they wouldn't have so many enemies.

OP, I don't know you but my first reaction in reading your post was that you should not be so angry. Be careful not to be manipulated by rich preachers. Be careful that you are personally grounded in Scripture and have a deep abiding relationship with your God. I hope you spend quality and quanity time in prayer and fellowship with your God. I'm sorry, but it did not come across in your post.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There's even gnostic Christianity, you guys can't hate against that, they are the reasonable, thinking sect!! They're also hated by all the other sects....enemy of my enemy is my friend?

But there are indeed many different beliefs and interpretations within Christianity. That's part of it. Another being that most Christians don't really even read the Bible or follow what it really says. Outwardly they will argue with you and condemn others, but inwardly where the work needs to be done is hardly touched it seems. Lack of scrutiny among Christians is rampant.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I don't have a problem with Christians, I have a problem with anyone who believes in god, basically, people of faith, so that's all denominations and pretty much all faiths.

Although I am willing to tolerate, which is 'generally' something people of faith tend to find a little harder to do.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Koka]

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was led to believe the US constitution was a secular document.

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. [bold caps, mine]

nobeliefs.com...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I am a Christian, but I think I can speak for many people because... well, let me tell you a story.

For 14 years of my 33 years, I was married to a preacher. During this time, I was expected to support my husband and all of his decisions, even if I didn't agree with him. As a woman, I was to be quiet because my opinion didn't matter. Also, every other denomination besides ours was going to hell. One denomination just didn't take things serious enough, while another denomination was way too extreme. And the Catholics... they were just the devil incarnate!

Very shortly after getting married, I was told that if I wore shorts, I was going to hell. If I wore pants, I was going to hell. If I wore anything but dresses, I was going to hell. BUT, if my dresses were too short, or had slits that were too revealing, I was going to hell. If I wore makeup or cut my hair or listened to anything other than just the very basic gospel music, I was going to hell. Even contemporary Christian music was a no no because it was compromising with the "world" and was a sure road to hell. If I wore peace signs, I was going to hell. Granted, this was one of the more extremist denominations, but here's my point...

If you believe in the Bible, and since you are Christian, I'm sure you do. You no doubt know that the Bible tells us not to judge. It says to "judge not, lest ye be judged." Yet, what I have found is that most so called "Christians" are THE MOST judgmental people in existence. Now, before anyone starts yelling at me, I'm not saying that ALL Christians are like this and I'm not saying that YOU are like that, because I don't know you. TRUE Christians aren't like this. I have some Christian friends that are the most genuine, caring people I know and I think these people are the real deal and there are many others who are the same, but I think hypocrites outnumber the true Christians.

I don't think it's the true Christians that give Christianity a bad name. It's the "holier than though" people who claim to be Christians, yet spend their time picking other people apart that give Christians a bad name. Unfortunately, when most people think of "Christians," they think of this type of people.

As for America being a Christian nation... I think it once was, in the beginning, but I don't see it that way now.

After 14 years, I divorced my preacher husband and got out of that mess. I no longer attend church, and what I have found is that I have a closer relationship with God than I ever had before. While I was in church, it was preached and preached and preached that we are to have a personal relationship with Jesus. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a personal relationship with Jesus when you can't decide on what you believe because so many people are trying to cram their own belief system down your throat.

This is why I think Christianity is frowned upon.

Edited for clarity.

[edit on 11/27/2009 by gemineye]

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I dropped this quote on a "christian founding fathers" thread the other day but it looks like it might fit here too:

I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.
-Thomas Jefferson

Looks to me like he had more of a problem with it than I do.

I used to have a big problem with the pentecostals who brainwashed me with fear and ignorance at an early age. But now I realize that they didn't know any better themselves.

Go be a christian, you have my blessing.
Just don't start whining about how they're trying to wage war on your religion if some wishes you happy holidays instead of merry chritmas.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I watched this last night about Christians in Africa labeling and killing children as young as 2 1/2 for being witch's. Well done to channel4 for making this available so quickly after the first showing.

'Fuming Mad' doesn't even come close to how angry this made me feel.
Maybe if Christians spent as much time worrying about what their fellow Christians are doing as they do about what the non-believers are doing people might accept them a bit more.

Here is some of the film 'End of The Wicked' made in 1999 by the Liberty Films, part of the Liberty Foundation Gospel Ministries franchise that is supposed to show how children get possessed by the devil and become witch's and why they should be put to death!
]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jitter

Seems that you have taken a walk in my shoes before!

I too have said many times that many people who call themselves Christians are just very very superstitious people. I honestly think they mean well, but they're just so scared of believing anything other than what has been crammed down their throats that they think the wrath of God is going to come down on them if they waver from that belief system, even the tiniest little bit. It's not too much different than being scared of walking under a ladder in fear that you'll be cursed with bad luck.

I think true Christians realize that we are HUMAN and as humans, we aren't perfect and we're not meant to be perfect and we do mess up occasionally. This isn't meant to be used as an excuse to mess up, but that's a whole other post, lol.

If most Christians would apply what they believe to themselves only and stop worrying about what everybody else is doing, Christianity wouldn't have the reputation it has today.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"In God We Trust" is actually an afterthought placed on coins after the horrors of the US civil war.

The Congress passed the Act of April 22, 1864. This legislation changed the composition of the one-cent coin and authorized the minting of the two-cent coin. The Mint Director was directed to develop the designs for these coins for final approval of the Secretary. IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

www.ustreas.gov...

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Tell that to the Indians. And the slaves.

There were Christians here, but they weren't in leadership positions, just like it is now. Nothing changes.

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

That sure doesn't help matters any.

"Judaism" doesn't think too much about Christ, in case you haven't noticed. They literally spit on Christians and think Christ is in hell being boiled in feces.

And "israel" is nothing but a festering boil on the worlds butt. Too bad that people are more blindly loyal to isarahell than to their own country. Look at all their spies we've caught, etc. People have died because of them.

But if you're loyal to israhell, I guess that excuses it.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,

Truth be told, that is BS.

It should be "In the military we trust", or "in money we trust". Hardly anyone trusts God.

And if we trusted in God, we wouldn't go around slaughtering people whenever we felt like having a war, just so some people could get rich.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wow. stay out of my face, my government, and my business and i stay out of yours. it's really very simple.

look to yourself first when people react to you, and unfortunately sometimes to a group you either belong to or empathize with. in my experience i've found that no one really cares what you believe in until you begin to infringe on what they believe in. if you want to believe in christ, fine. believe in him. but why do you (not you specifically, although you have been pretty in my face here) have remind me constantly that you do? i don't care. and eventually you will annoy me and i will react in a way that you then turn into me hating christians when it's you i take issue with. make sense?

are you really implying that no one but christians help the homeless? it's pretty ignorant if you are, isn't it? it's also yet another example of you getting in my face belligerently.

and again. a christian country? last i checked there were all sorts of people who were citizens of this nations. to me it appears that YOU have a problem with THEM. and you might want to do a bit of research about who the founders were and what they stood for and what freedom from religion is before ranting about this again. i'm sure many people will help you that in this topic.

as to the point where there are 22 (or whatever) sects...so? what are you really saying here? that one christian sect is different than another? and if so, could some of your examples (were there any?) apply to some of what you might be the more radical or evangelistic sects and maybe not yours? is that what you're saying?

again, unfortunately this is what happens when people hear or say things that they maybe take too personally, tending to overgeneralize.

overall, i'd say your OP is unintentionally an almost perfect example of the very thing you appear to be pretending to rant about. frankly, to me, you sound like the intolerant one.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

That was a truly beautiful post and if more people had your humility the world would be a much nicer place.

Lovely to meet you.

Woody

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The NWO considers GOD to be Gold Oil and Drugs.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have a problem with any person who looks down on me and scolds me while telling me how great they are, yet their actions prove otherwise. More often than not, they just so happen to be Christians (and really drive the point home that they are.....go figure).

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I will try to respond to everyone the best I can.Please bare with me as my internet connect time is limited

hardamber,

The definition of being a chrstian is being "christ-like.

I am doing nothing wrong by getting mad. Jesus too sometimes got angry. Open your Bible to Mark 11 and read all about it.

woodwardjnr

I was led to believe the US constitution was a secular document.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ."- Patrick Henry signer of the US constitution.

jitter,
If you are going to use that quote you mind as well use this one.

“The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend to all the happiness of man.”

“Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus.”

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." [Letter to Benjamin Rush April 21, 1803]-Thomas Jefferson

VitalOverdose
I agree this is heart breaking.Its evident that these poor people have no education.But when they say Christians whom are they speaking of?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I am a Christian, but I think I can speak for many people because... well, let me tell you a story. ...

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I personally believe the wife should submit, but that word "submit" has a tendency to be equated with being lorded over, "my way or the highway and to heck with what you want now make me a sammich!" nonsense.

Someone has to lead, and someone has to follow, or nothing gets done. But leadership is a lost art. The more a leader is, the more of a servant he is. But I know the type; he wants to be served, not be a servant.

If your ex doesn't straighten up and fly right, he is in for a difficult life and he has no one to blame but himself.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Modern Christians in my experience are people who cannot admit they don't know everything.

They are people who think science is right about everything but evolution, and any question that science can't answer, is because of god.

Just like an atheist cannot answer where the universe came from, a Christian cannot answer where god came from.

I have no personal problems with Christians, I just find them mostly stuck up and unwilling to see any topic differently then they already do.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is why I don't like to call myself a "christian". I use that term VERY VERY loosely in all cases. I consider myself a nondenominational christ-follower. I don't even go to church so...

If you have a problem with my faith that is fine. I have a problem with your lack of faith.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think its mainly Christians under the leadership of Helen Ukpabio who has 150 Church's. Shes the one who produced the film 'End of The Wicked' amongst others. You will have to watch the video yourself i found it to distressing to be watching it again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join