It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think you are referring to Network Dude's quote he uses, "Laying pearls before the swine."
The intent is, don't provide the information unless someone searches for it. Every Mason here has stated that the true secrets in Masonry, when you get behind the rituals and grips, is something any many can obtain outside of it.
However, you have to look for it to obtain it, and looses value if you are just told it.
Many adages and short sayings are full of wisdom you don't realize until you have the relevant back ground to understand them.

For one our schools do a great job misinforming younsters; the history they teach bares little resemblance to actual history and our understanding of science is flawed or at least incomplete. Who is responsible for this? You, me or secret socities??

It's the fault of you and I. Relive me, I've been in the school system here in the States.
Blaming a scapegoat may make it more believable to you, but I've been involved in some ridiculous rulings on education, in a attempt to make it more fair or unbiased. Total horse hockey, to be sure, but people follow it anyway.

Go rape a child in some perverted ritual.

That... is so incredibly offensive, that I'd have to violate the established T&C to provide a adequate reply to it on the same level.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Freemasonry can't be hurting for members too bad. There's one on every corner around where I live. Or I'm being gang stalked!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

Hey there! So, im just wondering, what does being a Mason mean to you PreyBird? What exactly does being a mason entail? My knowledge on the subject is zilch.
Do you have any mason rivals?
How did you get into it?
What does being a Master Mason mean and how does it compare to any diffrent ranks?
Oh, and by the way, are you a qualified tradesman or have a job which entails a lot of responsibility, such as Police e.t.c..?
Thanks for your time.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by PreyBird

Hey there! So, im just wondering, what does being a Mason mean to you PreyBird? What exactly does being a mason entail? My knowledge on the subject is zilch.
Do you have any mason rivals?
How did you get into it?
What does being a Master Mason mean and how does it compare to any diffrent ranks?
Oh, and by the way, are you a qualified tradesman or have a job which entails a lot of responsibility, such as Police e.t.c..?
Thanks for your time.

All of your questions can be answered by reading. Reading ATS.This board. It's been covered ad infinitum. Read. And other sources. Go read.

And our rivals are Batman and Spiderman. We hate them ! And sometimes we put on red capes and chase them around ! Then we read comic books, play video games, and gossip about rivals. Ooohhhh, good times.

[edit on 11/30/09 by scooterstrats]

[edit on 11/30/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Rather intelligent arnt you?

Childish'ness aside, my questions were directed at PreyBird and not some child. Unless you can answer them seriously, get back on your scooter. You think i havnt read the posts? Its all very fine reading other peoples posts, but theres not much answerd by the O.p.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Apologies for the late reply.
Had to go and dig out the book and find the relevant passage.
Quote:

'The Sergeant's (Sergeant Welling) suggestion was for the Police Federation and the Home Office to 'join hands' on the subject of freemasonry and press for legislation 'to prohibit serving policemen from taking any oath in any secret society, and to compel new recruits to renounce affiliation to any such society in the same manner as he would if he were an active member of a political party.'
Two days after the publication of Welling's article, the Sunday Telegraph ran a long story which claimed that the Sergeant's call for a ban on Masonry in the police was 'supported by thousands of policemen'. The reporter, Peter Gladstone Smith, wrote:
Sgt Welling said to me yesterday he had good friends who were Freemasons and he had nothing against Freemasonry outside the police.
He was concerned about disciplinary proceedings when it came to complaints.
'If a person who is a Freemason complains against a police officer and that complaint is investigated by a senior officer who is a Freemason, then that cannot be an impartial inquiry.'

Looks like I was mistaken when I said that it WAS banned. Apparently it was suggested, but it looks like it never came to pass as a law of any kind.

Cheers.

I.A.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

No apologies needed, thanks for replying.

What was the source of that? I had never heard of that before, thank you for posting it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My source is a pretty controversial one, 'The Brotherhood' by Stephen Knight. Page 67.

I must admit, that after all the negative things I've read about the Masons, I've been pleasantly surprised by the responses to my questions.

Being wrong never felt so good.

Thanks.

I.A.

Edit to rephrase comment.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Sarcasm is lost on you. Pity. Sorry, but the "rivals" question just caught me funny. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

As I am short on time today, answers to your questions in point form.

1) What being a mason means to me is fairly deep. Lets just say my journey for finding where I belong is complete, but the journey of my truth seeking mind has just begun.
2) As far as what is entailed towards being a mason. You can pretty much read that anywhere. A good information website I read frequently is as follows.

www.freemasoninformation.com

3) Rivals? I hope not.
Encouragement from fellow brethren....Always?

4) How did I get into masonry. "2 BE 1 ASK 1"

5) Being a master mason is the most important part of being a member within the craft. The rest is just cream.

6) My position in society does not really have any value within freemasonry. I could be digging ditches for a living for all they care.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What "secret or occult knowledge" have you been taught that you can't learn anywhere else.. and is it really so important that you guys have to keep it so secret?

If you can tell me where else to learn this stuff, point me to some websites please.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

the things you learn in masonry are the same things you learn in life. It just is put into a perspective that allows you to understand "why" instead of "because I said so." The most important lesson I learned is broken down as the golden rule. Treat others like you would like them to treat you. Meaning, if you see someone who needs something, if you can help then do. If karma has any place in life, then if you were ever in a similar situation, the same good fortune might come your way. (lesson in the first degree)

I won't spoil the other two for anybody who doesn't know. It's much more enlightening to learn it the way you do in the lodge. In short, there are no great secrets taught in the blue lodge. there are a few things you can't repeat simply because you took an oath and swore you would not. Simply honor. the hidden secrets are the ones that are out there for anyone to find, not just masons. since I just started looking for them, I will have to let you know when I find one.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

the things you learn in masonry are the same things you learn in life. It just is put into a perspective that allows you to understand "why" instead of "because I said so." The most important lesson I learned is broken down as the golden rule. Treat others like you would like them to treat you. Meaning, if you see someone who needs something, if you can help then do. If karma has any place in life, then if you were ever in a similar situation, the same good fortune might come your way. (lesson in the first degree)

I won't spoil the other two for anybody who doesn't know. It's much more enlightening to learn it the way you do in the lodge.

I find this last part especially interesting. What is so special about the way the lodge teaches as opposed to other ways? Do any other ways come close that you can name?

And yes, please do share what you find when you find it. U2U me if you like.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

how important do you think charity is? do you practice it daily, monthly, yearly, just at Christmas?

When was the last time you stopped and checked on a broke down car just to make sure they were ok?

None of these questions are directed at you personally. And maybe you do these things on a regular basis. If so, then thats great, but not everyone does. I just used them for making a point. I won't tell you how we learn them, just that we learn them in a way that if you remain an active mason, you will not soon forget these things. It is so easy to get caught up in "me" and forget all about "others". People always claim that we are elitists getting pardons for murder and only caring about other masons. that couldn't be farther from the truth. But the only way to see that for sure is to live the life. walk the walk. Otherwise it's just a nice paragraph. I am not claiming that every mason is a saint and will never do any wrong. we are humans and some of us are not all that smart. But we are reminded of our obligation to humanity at every meeting, and reminded of our pledge to help any and all if it can be accomplished without injury to ourselves. Ask any real mason, and he will tell you the same thing. I will let you know what I find if I find it.

edit to add: BTW, I just noticed you are in NO. does Pat O'Brians still make hurricanes? that used to be part of our ritual when I was stationed at Keesler. Hurricane at about 10am then on to the party from there.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by network dude]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I see.. thank you for your answers.

Yes Pat O's still makes em. You can even buy the official Pat O'Brian hurricane mix in the stores now too.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I think you are referring to Network Dude's quote he uses, "Laying pearls before the swine."
The intent is, don't provide the information unless someone searches for it. Every Mason here has stated that the true secrets in Masonry, when you get behind the rituals and grips, is something any many can obtain outside of it.
However, you have to look for it to obtain it, and looses value if you are just told it.
Many adages and short sayings are full of wisdom you don't realize until you have the relevant back ground to understand them.

Were you talking to me? Yes anyone can find controversial knowledge provided you can stomach the unbelievable. For example reading about 42* masons visiting underground alien bases to exchange technology, who created mankind and for what purpose and our bleak-to-non existant future........

Indeed adages and short sayings are "full of wisdom provided you have the relevant background to understand them".
I am done arguing with people who think they know everything just because they are members.

Arguing with them is pathetically futile, in fact a lot of these ATS members go on the 9-11 board arguing for the government when all the evidence points to an inside job.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I am done arguing with people who think they know everything just because they are members.

As opposed to arguing with people who think they know everything just because they AREN'T members.

Personally I'll take the former. Simple logic suggests they're more likely to be informed about the topic than the latter.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

As opposed to arguing with people who think they know everything just because they AREN'T members.

Personally I'll take the former. Simple logic suggests they're more likely to be informed about the topic than the latter.

Walk within a forest and you will see trees, walk on a cliff and what do you see?
And no I don't know the truth, I only try to keep an open mind!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
- How can you tell which lodge is doing the right mason?
- Who control lodges and masters from going wrong way?
- Can a mason change lodge anytime as he likes without risking his rank at new lodge and his safety from old lodge gang?
- Anybody can set up a mason lodge and start collecting membership fee, new recruits won't know anything anyway. Not sure mason master bears any certificate to prove he is the true master, any? Did they sit any exams for master degree?
Anybody in this forum could claim he is a master or 33 or shoot up to 69 ( though there is none in freemason ), newcomers can't tell if you are one or not and there is no way for them to prove you a con.
Blind newcomers lead by blind fox.

- You can easily climb up the ladder if you contribute more $ and not necessarily you know more or work more at the lodge.
Public figure, business man, politician, high rank governor staff are easily found as masters.
Picking top public figure to become master will surely rocketing the lodge rating hence more new members and $.
- There is not many mason secrets you can't find on internet, seek and ye shall find. It is not a secret society, but it has some public secrets. Is that true?
Masons do have studies, discussions, ceremonies, meals and rituals at the lodge that we didn't know, it doesn't mean they are secrets. Is that true?
Similarly, you don't hear what your neighbors talking about at their house, is it secret? You do not know what style of lovemaking is the couple next door having tonight, is it a secret?. True?
- Masons don't have the real truth, the eye, the word or whatever it is called, that makes men superhuman right? If they do then the whole world would become superhuman mason which make it no longer super. Agree?
- Different lodge has different taste, some work more on charity, some work more on ritual, some more on history, some looking for the truth they will never find, gay lodges with gay sexual rituals, more and more. It is a matter of taste, true?
- Do you think lodge is more or less a church? A community center or sort of and a good place to earn $ also in someway. The leader always gain, the followers always pay in $ and time or even soul.
Do you think it is fair?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The peril of an open mind is there's always the peril that one's brain tips out into one's lap.

I think perhaps rather than resorting to the old chestnut about 'forest for the trees' a better and more apropos analogy would be walking along an undulating forested path. The path itself isn't necessarily long but further investigation of the route reveals waymarks that may have been missed in earlier treks and knowledge of which helps improve one's appreciation of the true beauty of the path.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join