It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Good point! So is the destination more important than the journey or the journey more important than the destination? I say its about 50-50.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by joinats
- How can you tell which lodge is doing the right mason?

By that, I assume you mean, which Lodge being truest to the ritual and (more importantly) which best adheres to the spirit of the ritual. Assuming that to be the case, all Lodges in any jurisdiction will follow the same ritual. Some are rough, some are pretty good and some are downright scary-good. Every Mason aspires to scary-good but life and responsibilities outside the Lodge often prevent that. A Mason's first responsibility is to himself and his family, after that his occupation and when those are attended to properly, then and only then is he to devote time to Masonry as he can.

- Who control lodges and masters from going wrong way?

The Past Masters of the Lodge typically keep the Lodge on the proper path in case the Master is unwilling or incapable of doing so. Ultimately, that jurisdiction's Grand Lodge has the ultimate authority in case a Lodge might go 'rogue'. They can withdraw that Lodge's charter and the membership will have to join other recognised Lodges if they with to continue being accepted as regular Masons. Lodges not recognised by a Grand Lodge are referred to as "clandestine".

- Can a mason change lodge anytime as he likes without risking his rank at new lodge and his safety from old lodge gang?

His Masonic rank is his so long as he's earned it. As to your second question, Lodges aren't gangs and the closest to a Shark/Jet confrontation would be jockeying for the "travelling gavel".

- Anybody can set up a mason lodge and start collecting membership fee, new recruits won't know anything anyway. Not sure mason master bears any certificate to prove he is the true master, any? Did they sit any exams for master degree?

They'll find out the hard way when they choose to visit another Lodge and find out that their Lodge isn't recognised by the Lodge they wish to visit. If a Mason visits a Lodge where he isn't known, he'll have to prove by various means that he is in fact a Master Mason, a dues card being only part of the investigation.

Anybody in this forum could claim he is a master or 33 or shoot up to 69 ( though there is none in freemason ), newcomers can't tell if you are one or not and there is no way for them to prove you a con.

On the basis of a post or two, no. However, like any other forum, a bit of observation over a relatively short time will demonstrate who is and who isn't what they claim.

Blind newcomers lead by blind fox.

- You can easily climb up the ladder if you contribute more $ and not necessarily you know more or work more at the lodge.

Uh...no. Preferment is earned, not purchased.

Public figure, business man, politician, high rank governor staff are easily found as masters.
Picking top public figure to become master will surely rocketing the lodge rating hence more new members and $.

As I said previously, it's earned. It'd be oh-so-much-easier if accumulation of the almighty buck was the only benchmark. But if you're there to improve yourself and be a credit to your community, just how far do you think you'll follow the leadership of one (or a group) guided and focused on lucre?

- There is not many mason secrets you can't find on internet, seek and ye shall find. It is not a secret society, but it has some public secrets. Is that true?

They weren't intended as public secrets but past men (clearly ex-Masons now) of low character felt that they need not honour their obligation. It's a shame but it speaks more to their lack of character than any advantage that such unearned knowledge might gain a non-Mason.

Masons do have studies, discussions, ceremonies, meals and rituals at the lodge that we didn't know, it doesn't mean they are secrets. Is that true?

The Masons on ATS speak of these things often although perhaps not in the detail that some might like. The secret of being a good Mason is the secret of being a good man. That is to say, it really isn't a secret at all (or at least, should be self-evident).

Similarly, you don't hear what your neighbors talking about at their house, is it secret? You do not know what style of lovemaking is the couple next door having tonight, is it a secret?. True?

Assuming that my dwelling has been constructed in a workmanlike manner, I am more than happy that my neighbour and his girlfriend (not to mention his wife) are able to keep their secrets. Sometimes it can be too much information.

- Different lodge has different taste, some work more on charity, some work more on ritual, some more on history, some looking for the truth they will never find, gay lodges with gay sexual rituals, more and more. It is a matter of taste, true?

All regular Masonic Lodges are bound by the same rituals (and not "gay sexual rituals"). That said, some Lodges are able to devote more time or money to charitable work while others are more focused on education. But the ritual as set out by the jurisdiction's Grand Lodge is what binds them Masonically.

- Do you think lodge is more or less a church?

No. It is a fraternity, first, last and always. It's an adjunct to one's religion and never a replacement for it.

A community center or sort of and a good place to earn $ also in someway. The leader always gain, the followers always pay in $ and time or even soul.
Do you think it is fair?

In a manner of speaking, it could be seen as a type of community centre. However the riches accumulated are the riches that one lays up for the afterlife.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The journey IS the destination. Some will see the forest sooner than others and some will never go beyond counting trees. To each their path, to each their reward, One doesn't trump the other.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
What "secret or occult knowledge" have you been taught that you can't learn anywhere else.. and is it really so important that you guys have to keep it so secret?

As Pike mentions in the lecture to the 28°, Freemasonry possesses no occult knowledge that cannot be learned elsewhere.

Freemasonry does, however, provide the opportunity for the interested student to receive genuine initiation, and fellowship with like-minded individuals.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
angrysniper - the skull and bones is a reference to osiris as the 2 bones below the skull crossed are a representation of osiris. Because Osiris forms his equinoctial "X" with his arms, the doorway to the beyond. With the Arms crossed the Shepherd carries the Sheep! and when the Shepherd isn't carrying the sheeple his Flail and Crook are crossed in hand as a symbol of royalty, majesty and dominion. Many Masons know this when they enter the Chamber of reflections & view the vitriol - Sulfur,Salt & Mercury.

Psalm 23:4
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death I will fear no EVIL: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

322 is the Equinox of when the Sun is highest in the Sky just as the reminder of the Worshipful masters compass is set to 45 degrees which transmutes 4+5=9 & 9 is a fibonacci spiral. Also the Owl is the Bird of choice because when it flies it makes no sounds & this is scientifically proven. the sign of silence/harpocrates for us is \m/ to the lips to remind them of this birds silent flight. The Sun is the Gateway to the Great White Lodge which is Sirius behind the sun. Sirius A & B criss Cross every 49.9 Years to form a Caduceus known as the Hermetic wand in masonry. Example of the Masonic lore of the Caduceus wand.

The Checkered Floor is a reference to a Oral Torah/Hebrew Bible/Cabala story of Solomon & the Pearl & Onyx - Solomon, under instructions from Gabriel, has recourse to a worm when he desires to bore through a pearl, and to a white worm when he wishes to thread the onyx (Grünbaum, l.c. p. 218). The belief was still current in the Middle Ages, since it is found in the Cabala (Zohar, i. 74; see story of Solomon in Jellinek, "B. H." ii. 86).

The Zohar Story about 2 Pearls

The Allegory here is that the White Pearl is Heaven and the Onyx is where the Sin manifest. Think of it like a Oral Torah that masonry teaches in its private club! Oral Torah Means traditions which, according to traditon, were transmitted orally from Mount Sinai by word of mouth alone.

Choronzon I noticed you have 0=0 HOGD Neophyte you should research the 7=2 Grade this is where they teach you how to create your own religion. Also Enochian Magic is fake it was used to trade intelligence and was stolen from this book The Sworne Booke of Honorius. The Sigil aemeth was from this book he lifted to make his fake Sigillum Dei Aemeth. Your teachings are also branched from the Masonic SRIA Societas Rosicruciana mixed with ah so many other things.

Ducan's Ritual of FREEMASONRY - pg. 267 " And the Lord said unto Moses, Put thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom; and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow," - sub-note this is also found in the kjv Exodus 4:6 the idea is to not be cold hearted in your undertakens be warm hearted in all you attend to do. Also take special note all of the pictures through out history with famous men who have one hand placed on their bosom! This is the Royal Arch, Or Seventh Degree many outsiders never question or know about the Royal Arch or Cryptic Degrees.

Revelation 9:11 - 17th Degree password is located is this passage
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Freemasonry and Fraternal Organizations - Detailed INFO -

Rituals for Entered Apprentice to 33rd Degree with 33rd Degree Passwords even the 96º Grand and Puissant Sovereign of the Order Ritual listed, Also the Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Ancient Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (Shriners), My Personal Favorite Royal Order of Jesters Ritual also included.

Shh it's a Secret

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Can you freely leave the Mason's? Or is it Blood in Blood out?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the masons have an intrest in Alchemy? Or What organizations do?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Bane
Can you freely leave the Mason's? Or is it Blood in Blood out?
No blood in, no blood out. Demitting is as easy as writing a letter stating such. Getting kicked out for not paying annual dues is even easier, sadly.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Hey, your up to level 3.

But no questions until you hit 32 or (33) in Scottish rite because master mason is just the beginning

Master Mason seems to be a riddle....yes?
I have heard 3rd degree
and 32nd degree

but then again these things are of no concern for what is to come

John 8:36 "...if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lord Bane

You can leave anytime you like. You can either just stop paying dues and be dropped from the rolls or request to demit, I signed 3 demit forms this year.

reply to post by superluminal11

3rd degree Master Mason is within the Blue Lodge and the 32nd pertains to the Scottish Rite. The 32nd degree is not superior to the 3rd degree, but rather an extension to enhance your experience as a Master Mason.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have a few questions , and thanks for the opportunity to ask .

What , if anything , did you have to study about past masons ?

What , if anything , did you have to learn about symbolism ?

And lastly , were you required , or did you on your own , read masonic works such as Morals and Dogma , The Secret Doctrine , or anything by Manly P Hall ?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i thought about it when i was younger and came to know that some of my descendents were masons; but it didn't fit in the paradime of my life as it seemed racist and popular for people who want to be a member of a society they are not welcome.

although i dont have any questions for you i know i dont value the false degrees you feel you have felt from the sun

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

Congrats and do you recognize anything below?

Merry Xmas!

Ice-Cold...
She's Hot

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I have not weighed in on any thread in this forum for a long time. I finished reading Dan Brown's, "The Lost Symbol" about a month ago, and with what is on my mind right now, I feel an urge to report some RTV info that just came through a dream. Why am I posting it on this thread? I'm not sure why. But I am talking about an RTV alert I just received through a dream. And I feel the culprit may be like the as**ole in the Lost Symbol, and this thread seems apropos for some strange reason.

I am really just wanting to alert RTV investigators ASAP. This may not be the place to start.

I am very concerned about someone being held in a musty basement

Someone may be on their way from Kent at this very moment to move the victim.

Their cell phone was just demolished after making contact with an accomplice holding the victim, hence the similarity to, Lost Symbol scene towards the end.

It is Christmas morning for crissake. I had a nagging feeling about this even after waking up. I'd call a 911 for RTV channeled info, but I don't know of one. And yes, I'm a kook too. But I'm a good citizen. My husband is a widow's son, so I know there may be someone monitoring this thread who may believe me and not send anybody out here with a straight jacket for me; but rather alert someone looking to save someone, and it may be urgent.

I did not complete my RTV training. It was interrupted under strange circumstances a few years ago. But my intuition remains pretty strong.

I do know statistically, evil does happen on Christmas. It is so insidious.

He is on his way from Kent to move the victim from a musty basement probably right now. Cell Phone GPS has been cut-off between the perp and his accomplice. The accomplice is being held by innocent samaritans, who think law enforcement is on the way. But it's the perp from Kent.

Or I just had a really bad dream. And I can not get the friggin story of, "The Lost Symbol" out of my head. Dan Brown, I wish your books were not so addictive.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

i know they say no one liners but i have to ask 2 questions brother:
1. what did you feed the goat?
2. how's that headache comming along? i had one for a while

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

uhmmmm can u fly like master Yoda?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evkha

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair Better stay away from him He'll rip your lungs out, Jim I'd like to meet his tailor Werewolves of London

heremay be the bad man.

Not to make too much light of your story, but hopefully it's just a dream. (and a combination of this song and that book.)

[edit on 25-12-2009 by network dude]

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is such croc-pot of #.
Honestly free thinkers are some of the biggest try hards around, from what I see.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ourconstitution
Several years ago, a friend of mine was interested in petitioning our local lodge, but was hesitant. His reason??? Quote: "I heard you have to get naked and ride a goat around blindfolded in the yard."

I almost busted a gut from laughing so hard!

EDIT: The goat wasn't to be blindfolded, just the candidate.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by ourconstitution]

I was talking to a MM the day before I was to be raised. He said, "I'd pay good money to watch you ride that goat", and started laughing hysterically... I was horrified.

I'm up to the 9th degree in the York Rite and haven't seen a goat yet.

For those of you wondering, no, I can't fly yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin

Originally posted by PreyBird
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

I call BS on this, a master mason would be sworn to secrecy under a blood oath.. go troll elsewhere k thx bai

Wrong...have you ever asked to become a mason?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join