It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Thank you. I have waited so so long to be. I will do the order proud.

We need more masonry in men, not more men in masonry.

To the Q and the C.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I see you quote Mr. Albert Pike in your signature. Respectfully, if I am not mistaken, wasn't he convicted of treason by the US govt, and was also a Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

I see you quote Mr. Albert Pike in your signature. Respectfully, if I am not mistaken, wasn't he convicted of treason by the US govt, and was also a Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

Not to mention a reported Satanist?

I thought all the bad things we purport to know about freemasonry came from his writings?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
reply to post by network dude

If I was going to join freemasonry it'd be to get a nice job. lol

A lot of my family are masons, porch-masons but masons. It's all about the good ol' boy network. You have a job opening you will probably fill it with a lodge brother, you are out of a job - talk to a lodge brother.

That's why I'd join.

No offence, but if that is why you would join, masonry is not for you. If you answered the investigation committee with that, they would tell you to have a nice day and never see you again. Masonry is about what you can do for others not what others can do for you. Before you even fill out a petition, you need to already be the kind of guy who would stop and assist a stranger in need and take nothing but thanks for your trouble. If that is a "porch mason", then I am a proud one.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That is the kind of stuff that will float around the internet and go unchecked and regurgitated at will. Since we are supposed to deny ignorance, I will attempt to do my part. Mr. Pike had no known association with the KKK. That was a like perpetuated by the anti masonic movement. If it were true, there would be some proof. And about the treason, Mr. Pike was a general in the southern army during the civil war. In all the history books I have seen, it would appear that the north won that one, so yea, he was considered a bad guy, but was pardoned by the president. Here is some information about those lies. I am not saying I think Pike was a saint, or even my favorite guy, just that a lot of things about him were lies. He was an amazing writer and a great mason none the less.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

so, as you´re back again could u answer my questions i posted at page 3?

i´m interested in your/masons opinion about that issue...

peace!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not my thing for one i could not afford to be a masson, i hear there very good at taking money off you for "the course" like a £250 dinner in aid of such and such.boring really.a never ending ladder.

how is that ego of yours? on the up?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You might want to check your references on that one. Unlike many, I will include my reference here, that addresses this nonsensical claim:

Claims have been made that Albert Pike was a high ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. This is a claim that is impossible to either substantiate or disprove. Research into primary source material will reveal that there isn't any primary source material. The only writings that would come close to qualifying as a primary source is a booklet written by one of the Klan founders, Captain John C. Lester, in 1884, comprising his reminiscences fifteen years after the fact. The only name noted in Lester’s book is one reference to "Gen. Forrest". It was not until Dr. Walter L. Fleming republished Lester’s booklet in 1905 that a list of names of key Klansmen was included in a preface. In 1924, Ms. Susan L. Davis published her Authentic History, in which she contradicts a number of points made by Lester, denigrates Fleming for his superficial knowledge of the Klan and condemns Lester’s co-author, David L. Wilson, for suggesting the Klan had failed. Any other book or article promoting Albert Pike’s association with the Klan will either cite Fleming or Davis, cite other authors who cite Fleming or Davis, or not cite anyone. Both Fleming and Davis accepted, unquestioningly, the fifty year old reminiscences of several of the founding members of the Klan. There is no source documentation, corroborating evidence or other testimony to implicate Albert Pike with the Klan. Pike had been dead fourteen years when Fleming first published, and was in no position to address the issue.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Not to mention a reported Satanist?

The only origination for this claim comes from The Taxil Hoax. Please read up before you inform others with false information.

[edit on 11/29/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

Some states are seeing numbers decline due to the populations aging and dying off. Some states are seeing a steady spike in numbers.

Most Masons in some way are feeling the credit crunch .. I spent 9 months unemployed. Unemployment is bringing more men to lodges i'd say .. people with more time on their hands looking for something to do, or being uprooted and moving to a new city and looking for new friends .. all kinds of reasons a bad economy can bring men into Masonry.

reply to post by muggl3z

Masonry is very, very, very decentralized. Each State operates as would an independent government, they report to no one but themselves, so long as they do not stray from UGLE guidelines.

IE ...... no higher levels or upper echelon or any of that crap exist.

reply to post by rizla

They are tasty and high in protein. With a little steak sauce it's quite scrumptious.

reply to post by muggl3z

Masonry is used for social networking, no one denies this .. but it's pretty saturated as far as that goes. As for getting a job, most masons are average middle income dudes with normal jobs or small businesses.. unlikely to find "nice" jobs being advertised.

Again, I spent 9 months unemployed. Some Brothers gave me all the info for the local sites to check out and such, but quite a few of them too have since lost their jobs, and I currently work a super !@#$ job for a non-Mason.

(PS Any Freemasons out there looking to hire a Brother Mason, I will do anything. Except clean toilets.)

Just kidding.

I would clean toilets.

reply to post by stealthyaroura

You are actually right.... I could never afford the expensive dinner parties. They usually wanted $50-100 per plate, and quite frankly, if I spend $100-200 for me and my girl to eat, I expect a damn beer with my food. And you cannot drink on Masonic property in a lot of states. So they change that, I might contribute. Maybe they can come out with a Masonic $1 menu for the poor schmucks like you and I, eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes it would have been useful to have a guided tour, so I could have asked questions and stuff.
As I've said before, despite all the rumours, I prefer to make up my own mind as to what I think is true and otherwise, and I'm sure a few bad eggs get into every group of individuals, and unfortunately those others with purer intentions tend to get tarred with the same brush.
I'm a musician, and some of the people I've found myself working with have been some of the most psychopathic freakiest wierdos I've ever met, but that doesn't mean to say we all are, and I try not to imagine what secrets THEY'RE hiding.
Still, as The Freemasons are such an influential organisation who have apparently had a pretty important influence in the shaping of many aspects of society, I suppose the finger of suspicion will naturally point in their direction when events start to look a bit shady in the general scheme of things, and some members are said to have been guilty of less than honest activities in the past, for instance the big thing in the seventies where certain members of the police force were engaged in some kind of dealings with mafia guys.
My memory of the details are a little vague, as it was a while ago when I read of it in the book 'The Brotherhood' by Stephen Knight, but I haven't finished it yet, so am unable to develop an informed and intelligent idea as to how things stand.
Apparently, members of the police are banned from joining such organisations as a result of these nefarious activities, but dodgy is dodgy, and such people will no doubt find ways of circumventing such rules and regulations.
It's a difficult problem to get my head around, as the old idea of 'Divide and rule' seems to be approprate in these affairs, and as long as a division exists between Masons and non-Masons, I'm unable to see an easy solution to the antagonism, especially as some things are by necessity secrets.
I find it necessary to keep many of my own 'Magickal' activities secret as the energies raised would be diluted and dissipated if I went around telling everyone what I was up to, but I'm not sure how relevant that is in this case.
It seems to me, that desire could be the root of most problems, and if we could get those balanced and in some kind of perspective, we may be on track for a better situation for all of us.
....But I won't be holding my breath for too long.....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Your serious aren't you? Someone certainly is not a mason, and it's not me.

Peace back at ya

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

That's not a good reason to join. It seems very selfish.

reply to post by dashen

No and no. He was not charged with treason, he was actually pardoned. In fact, he is the only outside Confederate statue in Washington DC. He was never a member of the KKK.

reply to post by muggl3z

Pike was not a Satanist. That was a lie perpetrated by a Frenchman who even confessed that he made it all up. In his writings he was not talking about Lucifer, the disgraced Babylonian king mentioned in the Bible, but light, knowledge, enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For those of you curios about Albert Pike, here's a thread I put together earlier this year with a good amount of information in regards to him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Yeah, there are always bad apples.

Banned from joining groups? I've never heard about that before.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Do you honestly think you know much about the higher levels of your organization?

From what I understand organizations like the Masons and such are sort of like farm teams for the global elite.

That is exactly the point! Everything always appears innocuous at the bottom and even mid-high levels but its when you reach the top that you start getting the "big picture". The same is true in politics; mayors and county executives are less corrupt than governers and senators.

Masons always point to the taxil hoax and anti-masonic movement as being the sole reason for distrust and antipathy but they fail to realise that anything based on secrecy is probably flawed from the start. I have heard masons admit "You guys(the masses) have a lot of choices in life such as choosing a car, choosing your wife, choosing a career path and even what flavor of illusionary government you want! I have also heard you guys can't handle the truth or not worthy of the truth! I must ask who the # do they think they are?? What gives them the right to be so arrogant? What makes them assume we are not entitled to the truth? Are they "god"?

Yes we have a lot of problems in this world and for one secret societies have contributed more than their fair share of problems. For one our schools do a great job misinforming younsters; the history they teach bares little resemblance to actual history and our understanding of science is flawed or at least incomplete. Who is responsible for this? You, me or secret socities?? I am getting tired of having to watch boring and untruthful mainstream documentaries on my tv set. Only alternative media can provide me with truth and even that is being threatened as we speak by the american congress. So what do we(the masses) have left?

I think everyone has a right to be mad with them, but not exclusively with masons. In fact masonry is probably the lesser of two evils when compared to other more clandestine units. Thats my "two cents", take it or leave it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I have heard masons admit "You guys(the masses) have a lot of choices in life such as choosing a car, choosing your wife, choosing a career path and even what flavor of illusionary government you want! I have also heard you guys can't handle the truth or not worthy of the truth! I must ask who the # do they think they are?? What gives them the right to be so arrogant? What makes them assume we are not entitled to the truth? Are they "god"?

What truth are you talking about and what Mason on here said that you could not handle it? I think you may be getting us mixed up with some Jack Nicholson movie......

For one our schools do a great job misinforming younsters; the history they teach bares little resemblance to actual history...

I think they do not spend enough time on history to begin with.

Who is responsible for this? You, me or secret socities??

I tend to think overly politically correct school officials as to blame more then anyone else. If you do not like your children's school agendas go to the local Parent Teacher Association meeting, voice your concern and DO something about the problem. Grousing about it online will solve nothing.

I am getting tired of having to watch boring and untruthful mainstream documentaries on my tv set.

Then shut it off.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thats the typical "I can't see the forest through the trees" response...

And your not even mature about it, just denying everything with over abundant arrogance and cynicsim. *snip*

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Mon Nov 30 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Thats the typical "I can't see the forest through the trees" response...

And this is the typical I just made some stuff up and I have no idea what to say now. Answer the question. What truth and who said you could not handle it?

And your not even mature...Go rape a child in some perverted ritual.

Read that and tell me who is mature.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

One, you have a bad outlook on our government. Two, there is no big picture, no high up echelon of Freemasonry that the "low levels" don't see.

We point out the Taxil Hoax because so many people cite his lies.

We're not founded on secrecy, we just ask for privacy. I wonder how many Board meetings of fortune 500 companies have you been to? If we were so secretive why do we have very noticeable buildings or display our aprons in public (ie parades).

You heard Masons admit that did ya? Who was that?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join