It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which branch of military has the "easiest" basic training, and what branch would be best for me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
well, times are tough, and i just might be doing the one thing that i never thought i would do - join the military.......

i've been considering the Coast Guard, but i'm trying to figure out which branch would be best for me. i don't want a ridiculously hard basic training, but i don't want something where i'll be thrown on the font lines, either.

i'd rather help save lives than destroy them, so i figured the Cost Guard might be my best fit. however, is it really hard in basic?? i was talking to someone the other day that said Coast Guard basic training is harder than the Army...

by the way, i've taken the Army pre-ASVAB before, and i scored fairly high, high enough for the recruiter to mention that if i did as well on the regular ASVAB, then i could qualify to enter Classified/Top Secret clearances...

on that note, what are all of the branches of military that work with Top Secret endeavors? ...all of them?
like, if i wanted to get into black ops/top secret, what branch of military should i pursue? the Coast Guard doesn't have its own Classified program, does it?

i'd be grateful for anyone familiar with the military, or anyone in the military, to inform me of what i need to know to join. i'm still hesitant, but i'm running out of options here for for jobs...

also, i wasn't sure where exactly to post this thread, but i know that i do want it on ATS, because if there really are members on here that are in Top Secret themselves, i'd love to hear them reply, even if it is anonymously

take care guys, i hope to talk to you as soon as i can - i'm without internet at home at the moment, and i'm having to use another pc to access ATS, so it could be a while before i can respond again in this thread... i sure would love to come back to a great discussion!!

peace!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If I were you, I would be looking for the branch that would give me the most demanding training possible. The better physical shape you are in, the more instruction you are given, then the better you chances of survival, no matter where you are.
Of course, if you want to completely wuss out, then you might consider the ari force. Unless you are a pilot, the only thing you'll have to worry about is if someone bombs your base.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

If I understand well, your primary motivation to join army is lack of money. That's bad. I'll rather starve to dead then willfully through myself in to position where my own reasoning and moral are less than nothing.
If my country is in real danger than I'll not hesitate and I'll join some partisan/insurgence/terrorist group. Just now I don't want to participate on atrocities done by current western armies.
I know, my remark is basically out of topic but I think your decision is too important to neglect wider view. If you'll not change your mind then I hope you'll never get into situation where you'll be forced to decide between order and your conscience.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You want good advice? -Don't join the service!

Now that that's out of the way, here's what is pertinent if you choose to ignore that valuable advice:

I served >9 years in the Army. Basic training was alot easier than I expected (Ft. Relaxin Jackson) and AIT was just a familiarization course with the computers, and manuals. Oh, and alot of d&c, and getting yelled at. Nothing you can't handle if you go in with the right mindset.

If you have some college, join straight as an officer.
Even if you don't, you can go 'Highschool to Flightschool' and become a Warrant Officer. You still go to regular basic, but at the end of it you get promoted to SGT, and go straight to Flightschool as your AIT. Or you can get in as an enlisted, but apply to the 'Green-to-Gold' program, and go OCS.

Jobs requiring a sec-clearance would be along the lines of MI, PAC, Commo, etc. Unless you're in the right job from the start (unlikely), you have better chances of going into the 'secret-squirrel' world as an officer.

Don't let your recruiter talk you into anything you don't want to! Sign nothing! Get a bunch of suggestions from him, and heavily research them.
There's no such thing as a lost opportunity when it comes to recruiting. They always need soldiers in all the fields. (that's for when they want to pressure you with a 'limited time offer')

So much for the Army. I've heard the Airforce is a cakewalk, and what I know of them sure points in that direction (PT-test based on heartrate...
), however the Coast-Guard seems to really have a sham-job.

Nothing against the Coast-Guard, now! They excell at fulfilling their part of the service! It just is a fact that there's a difference in bearing when you compare, say, the Nasty-Guard, with the Reserves, and the Active-Duty guys... get me?

So, anyways -Don't do it, man!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Air Force!

You want the "easiest" then Air Force is for you... no contest.

Navy / Coast Guard would be second

Army (non-combat arms) 3rd

Marines last.

I was in the Army for almost a decade, the Air Force is NICE in comparison.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Don't join - what a waste of a life - directly serving the scum controllers as a paid thug.

If you are part of it - then you support killing innocent people for money - do you really want to kill innocent people so the rich can get richer? What if you're killed, for what?

Find a better job - why not sell hard drugs, rob banks, or just kill people and take their money?

Those are morally better jobs, the money you make is tax free, you are taking money from the NWO - and you are self employed.

Anything is a better alternative than joining the forces of darkness.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My best friend was in the air force. Agreed with the post above.
He said its, by far, the easiest out of all of them.
From what I've heard Coast guard is very hard too.
But, why do you want to go through life the easy way? Sounds like everyone I know wants the same thing. Easy.
No one want to put in work!

If work was supposed to be easy, they'd call it play.
Get tough man! Challenge yourself and you will be stronger.

Be a Marine! They are the tough guys.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Air Force definitely is the easiest. Six weeks of training and then off to your technical school.

I chose nuclear weapons as my field. No frontline battlefields to worry about.

That is IF you can pass the security background checks.

link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Don't join - what a waste of a life - directly serving the scum controllers as a paid thug.

If you are part of it - then you support killing innocent people for money - do you really want to kill innocent people so the rich can get richer? What if you're killed, for what?

Find a better job - why not sell hard drugs, rob banks, or just kill people and take their money?

Those are morally better jobs, the money you make is tax free, you are taking money from the NWO - and you are self employed.

Anything is a better alternative than joining the forces of darkness.

You know I hope it never happens, but if some foreign power were to ever invade our shores I think it would be a good idea to put people like you, on the front lines in between them and our military since obviously you wouldn't want them protecting you anyways. That way we could confuse the enemy, and get rid of some local garbage all at the same time...

To the OP, if your first concern is who has the easiest boot camp then I think that answers your own question; none of them are right for you. Maybe look into waiting tables at a Denny's or something. It's less dangerous, and as unfortunate as it is, you would make about as much money minus the benefits.

link   
IF you can get in, the Air Force is hands down the best choice. My daughter was in the Air Force and really liked it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
To the OP, if your first concern is who has the easiest boot camp then I think that answers your own question; none of them are right for you. Maybe look into waiting tables at a Denny's or something. It's less dangerous, and as unfortunate as it is, you would make about as much money minus the benefits.

My sentiments, exactly. Starred.

OP, you shouldn't want to join the service thinking its going to be a breeze. Anything you do that involves war is going to be tough, either mentally or physically.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
From my experiance the easiest physical training would be that of the AIRFORCE...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I come from an air force family and would have to say that the air force is the way to go, basic training will have similar bs but with the right mindset you will do fine, don't listen to the anti military people here their arguments don't apply to most jobs in the military. the air force can set you up with a great technical job that will look real good on a resume. you would only have to be in for a couple of years.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Take it from another Veteran, don't do it. Of course if you're determined the Air Force is the easiest route. But like I said, don't do it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hello friend! even if I'm not an American, I want to give an advice here.

If you feel that you MUST join the military in some way, you should in my opinion definitely choose some military training and education which you later can use in a civilian life to get a better job when/If things get better in a couple of years. Get some training/education that gives you a great skill to use in the civilian life later.

Maybe some kind of technician or something computer related?

Whatever you do! don't enlist in the Army my friend!

Good luck mate!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I couldn't say who would be "easiest"

But I can say, given your diatribe, your best off "not" joining the Marine Corps... maybe you should look into the coast guard?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I was in the U.S. Navy for 10 years. I had a great time but
if i could do it all over i would join the Air Force. You would have
more spare time to go to a college part time. Also the boot camp
sounds easy.
More importantly, you need to think about the MOS Military
Occupational Specialty you want. I was an electrician.
Telecommunications would also be a great choice. You could
work at Verizon when you get out.
Think 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead.
Get a Bachelors Degree in something when you get out.

Follow your passion. Pick a career that you will enjoy.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hear that there is due to be a recruiting drive for the Royal Woman's Balloon Corps!

Baaaaaaaaa Blackadder!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Though its not a military branch you should check out the Coast Guard dont have to worry too much about deployment ... and if you are guarding the coasts of the US its much more rewarding imo...Same training with weapons its kinda like being in the navy.... but not really...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Take this bit by bit...

Easiest is by far the Air Force. Now it has recently changed to 8 weeks but when I went it was the greatest vacation I have ever had. If you want to stay easy join the Air Force and go medical is what I would suggest.

Each branch has Top Secret jobs but if you want to do something ABOVE Top Secret (nice :-p ) you can go into Air Force Intelligence or do what I did, (2W2 - Nuclear Weapons Technician). It has an attachment called CNWDI (Critical Nuclear Weapons Design Information) which is higher than a normal TS but Intel in any branch will put you above ever what I had.

Now as said above me if all you are looking for out of the military is money you are in some trouble already. I really wish I could tell EVERYBODY this but you should join because you truly want to join. I have seen people join just for the benefits and if you mind and heart are not in the right place then you are in for big trouble.

Trust me I am sure half the people won't believe me but maybe I can scan my DD214...then once you know I am not full of crap I can tell you all about clearances.

-Kyo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join