It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie21m
The title to this thread is the dumbest and funniest thing ive ever seen.

This speaks volumes of how little you must've seen. Perhaps you have a better recommended title? I find both the question and subject legit.

Originally posted by jamie21m
Im too lazy to read the OP im just responding to the title.

Shocker. I am almost truly stunned.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by reasonable
That answers absolutely nothing.

It isn't an easy read for sure, but it does indeed answer the problem/question. As Jesus illustrated, it wasn't the blind man that had a 'blindness problem' (his heart was pure and right with God), but the Pharisees who believed they could 'see'.

Are you trying to imply that amputees must be non-believers if their limbs will not regenerate from prayer?

Not at all, the verse explains how we as humans ask for the wrong problems to be cured.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

You haven't read the article because like I have stated before it debunks your statements. Maybe read it fully then participate.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
We have a saying...nothing every happens to us only ever for us.

I love my disability.

God bless you and thank you for showing that it isn't you that is disabled in the world. May others also learn how to become enabled as you have.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?
Well I'm sure they are healed other wise they would have bled to death by now!

DEBUNKED

REASONABLE?lol
The funny thing is with all the theatrics it dosn't prove anything. Even if
God grew legs on him in two minutes it wouldn't change you a bit.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Because whenever anything good happens its God, whenever anything bad happens its the devil or Harry Potter. Works out well tho, makes ol' "G dog" not accountable for any hurt in the world even tho he presumibly created it. THe bibles account of good and bad makes it impossible for anything bad to be god's fault. You can't take the effect and make it the cause right???

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OH and also, give scientist 10 years with no christian rights groups breathing down their neck and THEY would be able to grow limbs back, thus trumping God, and we can't have that now can we?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I live with a severe disability caused by a traumatic injury.

For the first three years I could see no purpose for it...
...it seemed like everything I worked years toward was futile.

Then my partner was diagnosed with a medically incurable disease...
...and was given four months...
...and because I was unable to work I focused all my attention on understanding the condition and the range of medical protocols and alternative modalities that could manage or cure it.

Six years later my partner is in remission by all objective criteria...
...without resorting to solutions from Pharma.

We have a saying...nothing every happens to us only ever for us.

I love my disability.

That is simply your crutch. A faith that you are disabled for a reason larger than life. It's how you cope, a coping method and nothing more. Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
second line just in case.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

What would be ONE argument not to grow limbs back?

link   

You haven't read the article because like I have stated before it debunks your statements. Maybe read it fully then participate.

I have read the article (I'd readed before some years ago too, so it was probably good to brush up on it). Where in particular is the de-bunking?

link   

I challenge any christian to debunk it

I'm not a christian but I can "debunk" it very easily.

It hasn't been tried

After you get your millions of people to pray toheal an amputee, then we can talk after we see whether it works or not. But until then...it's neither fair nor reasonable to use this as an argument against prayer or god when it hasn't even been attempted.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it

This seems to be pretty interesting.

The miracle of Calanda,
.www.clairval.com...

[edit on 24-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

I'm glad you've brought this up, because one of the things I've been enabled to do is to help two of them through www.compassion.com... , please join me so that we can do God's work by helping to care for their needs. God wants us to have a part in solving this problem together and it is a blessing to be able to do so.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I challenge any christian to debunk it

It hasn't been tried

After you get your millions of people to pray toheal an amputee, then we can talk after we see whether it works or not. But until then...it's neither fair nor reasonable to use this as an argument against prayer or god when it hasn't even been attempted.

You are missing the point.. the regeneration of a limb is an example.. one of 1,000's of examples. Millions pray daily for an end to world hunger yet 27,000 children starve to death every day. The list could go on for pages. Why hasn't a mass prayer been organized for an amputee? I think you know why.. because those involved know it would not work and further damage the image of faith healing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

It hasn't been tried

I agree we should try this experiment. I believe God could certainly do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You are missing the point..

Actually not so much, I think Bucket is right on.

Millions pray daily for an end to world hunger yet 27,000 children starve to death every day.

I know 2 personally (they've written me letters) that haven't
, their prayers have been answered. Their names are Disaya and Nor-Ae-Say.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Did you sponsor them, is that why they did not starve?? If so, they should be praying to YOU, you've done way more for them in thier lives than a fake God ever will.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

I'm glad you've brought this up, because one of the things I've been enabled to do is to help two of them through www.compassion.com... , please join me so that we can do God's work by helping to care for their needs. God wants us to have a part in solving this problem together and it is a blessing to be able to do so.

Ah.. what's the problem? Your praying could not help them but cash can? I see..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Did you sponsor them, is that why they did not starve??

I did, but not because it was my selfish desire to do so.

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
If so, they should be praying to YOU, you've done way more for them in thier lives than a fake God ever will.

Not so much. Had it not been for God, not only would they not be able to be sponsored, but I'd be dead...which would further disqualify me from sponsoring them.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That is simply your crutch. A faith that you are disabled for a reason larger than life. It's how you cope, a coping method and nothing more. Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

you know earlier when i said i'd check back here in a few days? i won't, and that statement is why.

you just proved that you are trying to get people's goats.

poor guy has had something happen to him that is terrible, and you tell him his faith is a crutch...

regardless of what you think, or what you may hold to be true, have some damn respect for him and his beliefs. they are showing you some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join