It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Hello,

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it

I have debunked your claim.

The miracle of Calanda,

.www.clairval.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Ah.. what's the problem? Your praying could not help them but cash can? I see..

My praying helped them more than my cash can. See quoted passage from John in my initial post.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Holy Spirit was only for the start of the church, God healed the Roman who had his ear cut off, prophets afterwards brought back people from the dead as the spirit had not finnished through teaching. I think most of the healing was done for teaching purposes and not just for faith, they had a double meaning not one selfish meaning.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

My praying helped them more than my cash can. See quoted passage from John in my initial post.

Yeah, see how you would feel next time you got a pay check and it said, I can't afford to pay you this week BUT I will pray you get money somehow...i'm sure you will be very receptive to prayer being better than cash.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
wow this thread delivers.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Yeah, see how you would feel next time you got a pay check and it said, I can't afford to pay you this week BUT I will pray you get money somehow...i'm sure you will be very receptive to prayer being better than cash.

If I were wise, I would thank them for their prayer instead of the cash. Yes, I have worked for merely prayers (not cash) in the past and still do on weekends. I've received the greatest payment from prayers. The banks don't seem to understand it as well, though I'm trying to explain the concept to them also. They've given me trust, so that's a start.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Just to toss my .02 New World Units into the mix, growing someones limbs back would, in my opinion upset the order of things. I say this because I believe all of us humans choose our present lives and the consequences of those lives, knowing full well what we are getting into.

So if one chooses to live the life that results in, say, being as double amputeee, to learn some sort of lesson from it all, having the legs, for example, grown back would defeat the purpose of the lessons that one chose to learn. That's my take on it.

Meanwhile, next door to me lives a man who spent his life preaching the gospel of Jesus. He healed people during this time. At least that is what he and his family says to me. But he's retired now. So, I guess he retired from the healing business.
His mother-in-law broke her leg. Did he heal her? Nope. Why not? I dunno, maybe it's the she's gotta live with this because she chose this life. Heh. Maybe she doesn't have the faith in this? Seems these faith healers all claim that their miracles only work if the healed one truly has faith that it will work. Whatever, it all seems some sort of scam to me.

Ask and ye shall receive. Um.......but what will I receive?
Better yet, ask God what you want, give me a donation of 1000 New World Units and I will pray for you. If you truly have faith, you will get what you asked for. Meanwhile, I will be 1000 units richer. Oh, you didn't get what you wanted? Um....well, then..........you didn't have the faith required for the results.....

Just my .02 units.........

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
don't be silly why would god want to cure anyone? I assume you didn't read the bible? it's quite good actually, a bit too offensive for my liking and not that well written but plenty of murders, rapes, stone throwing, mutilation, genocide, torture, plagues, poxes, etc, etc, etc

one thing is for sure he loves seeing people suffer, seriously look around you how many of the over six billion people on this world is god currently watching suffer? he must love it, sitting there being all powerful as you watch some Ethiopian child slowly fade away for want of food before casting him down to hell for eternal punishment because no one gave him the last rights! must be quiet a power trip!

Possibly the only thing that he has created in the last few decades or maybe even last few hundred years is pathogen after pathogen - the retrovirus that weakens the immune system but doesn't show until others have been effected, every new variant of flu from swine to bird, virus and bacteria resistant to our best medicine, the mystery flesh eating bug that nothing can stop - new pathogen after new pathogen, all lovingly crafted by our crazy and evil lord god.

God who likes to shake down tall buildings (even the bible says this, then he mixed up out language and cultures so we would never be great again), god who likes to strike golfers with lightning, god who likes to poor fire and brimstone from volcanoes onto communitys, likes to flood towns and break levys...

haha you think THIS guy is going to grow you back a limb? ha! he'd more likely grow you back a snake where the limb used to be!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

i respect that you have a positive outlook on your situation, thats awesome and I for one second do not pitty or look down on anyone who is an amputee. BUT, with that being said, if we put religious fears and worries aside, I feel that you would have no need to be an amputee, we could work on restoring your limbs, I know that you are content with you but as sure as there is Sh!t in a cat, there are others who want thier lost limbs back.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

You know I think you love saying this a little to much. Come in off a wierd if you ask me!
The fool has said there is no God.Then comes death, then judgement.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
God won't heal amputees 'cause he's too busy killing gays lol

Picking on people that have faith in something is pretty low. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to walk up to a religious person and say "O YEAH? Y DNT U PROOV DA EXISTNCE OF UR GOD!"?

Exactly, it's not hard. You're just being a bully. Not to say that the religious people are perfect. Some of them can be zealots that force their opinions on other people, and perhaps even kill them because they believe it's the right thing to do. We all know about them,.

But hey, whatever makes you feel like the bigger person in the playground, OP.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
don't be silly why would god want to cure anyone? I assume you didn't read the bible? it's quite good actually, a bit too offensive for my liking and not that well written but plenty of murders, rapes, stone throwing, mutilation, genocide, torture, plagues, poxes, etc, etc, etc

As illustrated in Chapter 3 of the book you've read, it's a bed we've made and so we lay down in it.

Gotta move on to 1 Timothy 2:3-6 to answer your first question though.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

If I were wise, I would thank them for their prayer instead of the cash. Yes, I have worked for merely prayers (not cash) in the past and still do on weekends.

Great, can you do some painting for me in June and i'll get my mom to pray for you for a week!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is this just going to turn into the typical "I hate the religious" and "atheists have no feelings or soul" type of crap-fest?

So a guy prays and he and his wife have found comfort in that?
So what? Who's it hurting?

And to give the guy s*** is completely out of order.

There are those of us who choose to believe it's all fairy-tales and nonsense and there are those who find comfort and relief in religion.
Neither of these are wrong...

It is those who wish to harm others that have the problem.

Those who take things to the absolute extreme.

This thread will go on, like they all do, for pages and pages of people just spouting hatred.... where's that gonna get anyone?

Is any athesit or agnostic gonna suddenly change their mind because of this thread? NO.

Is any religious believer gonna suddenly say "wow you're so right, i'm awfully gullible" NO.

Just chill out and debate it a calm and polite manner.
You and ain't gonna convert anyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is one of those riddles that non-Christians can't wrap their head around - because if you truly believe in the Bible and Jesus as your savior and stuff, you don't think of God as a genie or a magical wish granter or any screwed up crap like that.

A true believer would know magical wishes are for fairy tales, and wouldn't be making special requests. True believers understand and accept absolute causation, and pray to manifest courage and strength. I'm sure they get what they intended out of it, and I'm sure they know exactly what Jesus was talking about.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why hasn't a mass prayer been organized for an amputee? I think you know why

Yes, it hasn't been tried because too many people are scared that it might not work and don't want to deal with the implications if it didn't.

But this is evidence against the faith of people, not against prayer.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

There's no harm in praying and it hurts no one, my argument is christian interest groups in this situation are hindering the advancement of science when it comes to amputee regeneration. They think its unethical and wrong and try and stop it and protest it. Frankly , I think they do it because it makes ol' God look bad

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Great, can you do some painting for me in June and i'll get my mom to pray for you for a week!

I could, but you probably wouldn't like the job I do compared to someone who does it all the time. June is a good time of the year to do it too, I'm not a fan of the cold. Logistics is a problem on a few levels.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OH Brother,

I give up!! If you people would like to read an interesting article on a boy who grew his legs back, Its right here.

www.clairval.com...

I'm out of here,
Peace !

[edit on 24-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

lol my friend you are toooooo nice, hahahah, you're like a reverse troll

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join