It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's declare WAR! Economic War on China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

This is why it must be war. War allows the government to change the rules.

Government can change the rules with or without war.

And if the US changes its rules, the rest of world can change theirs in response.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
If we must raise taxes then we should ALL be willing to pay as long as it goes to pay off the debt and shore up our financial house. If we must take pay cuts in order to get more jobs in this country we must ALL take pay cuts,

Yeah,
I remember this speech. Carter wasn't it?

Now that we've screwed over everybody possible, it's time to be a patriot, do your duty no matter what and regain the power and control we once had through your ruthless self sacrifice.

Then, once you've saved yourselves from the very fate we've created for you by indebting you to the entire planet by trying to manipulate the entire planet, we'll screw you over again.

Great,
I'm just misty eyed with emotion and overcome with an inspired sense of.....nothing.

I wish they had a middle finger emoticon.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sure they can change their rules just like people change war tactics. I say we do whatever is necessary to win. We cannot win like we are. If we want to be paid well we must learn to outproduce our adversaries and at the same time produce the best quality products and ideas.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Again, ATS proves it's full of intelligent people

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

So you are saying you would rather go down without a fight. I see your point about the governmet and they need to be dealt with and put in their place... but we must also fight to get our jobs back, not by tariffs, but by outcompeting our adversaries.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't believe that anyone should be forced to buy anything. This country lead the world in high quality manufactured goods for many years. People started buying cheaper imported goods to save a few nickles and dimes,now look where we are. I buy American because I choose to. I buy American goods because I believe that they are the best quality workmanship in the world(my opinion of course) All of my vehicles are American made,even bought a Harley-Davidson because it is American made. I believe that interdependence among the american supplier/consumer is the key to jump starting our economy.

link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
If we must raise taxes then we should ALL be willing to pay as long as it goes to pay off the debt and shore up our financial house. If we must take pay cuts in order to get more jobs in this country we must ALL take pay cuts,

HELL no...

All they'll do is get even more for less. The Government will continue to spend even MORE on useless things like bailing out failing institutions that should fail that way a more productive competitor could grow in it's place and do a better job. Survival of the fittest.

In the end it's better for everyone to clean house.

link   

How can you stop people from saving a few dollars?

Nothing will change till greed ceases to exist. Same smell ... different pile.

It is all in how you spend your hard earned dollars. Chinese/Indian people are just catering to a North American consumer based, looking for deals, society.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Isn't it against ATS rules to rally up members to form an organization?

Funny how we can't talk about drugs but we can declare war on an entire nation and then discuss it

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I say we do whatever is necessary to win. We cannot win like we are. If we want to be paid well we must learn to outproduce our adversaries and at the same time produce the best quality products and ideas.

I'm not knocking your idea. I just don't think the name of the game is winning.

Sure, we want to be powerful among the world, but even you must admit that we put ourselves in this predicament. Nobody forced us to take the steps we did.

We are now reaping what we sowed.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

I don't think I am trying to form an organisation, thought that would be awesome if someone did even partially based on my op.. I am sure I am not the first guy to think of this. I never am. I was just giving a rallying cry to let people know that we are in a fight for our existence and we are loosing the battle. It is time to heed the call.

link   
reply to post by jam321

Nobody forced us but somebody sure made a lot of decisions for a lot of us without our input. I guess we really don't have any power in this. We just sit here and watch the ship go down.

link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Again, your country has been waging a global economic war for about half a century. They even manged to take down the USSR in the 90's. I have to go back to work soon but I'll give you a bunch of info on it when I get home tonight.

That was a fight of Ideologies.

Trying to drive the Soviet Union into the ground was in the end a benefit to the world. The Global economies have had the largest run of prosperity in the same amount of time.

In this case the US will not shrivel up and disappear, we just need to make room at the table for others.

link   
Great idea, we can be just like the Chinese. We can save up all year to buy that 25watt light bulb.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes we are reaping what we sowed..Agreed.

Look at the parallels between this and WW2.

The world was at war and some were plotting to attack us as we kind of sat around on the porch swatting flies and drinkng beers. But then when we realized that we were in a war, we organized all of our resources and all of our talents and we did whatever had to be done to save ourselves. I think we find ourselves in the same situation today, but today the war is economic.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

but somebody sure made a lot of decisions for a lot of us without our input. I guess we really don't have any power in this. We just sit here and watch the ship go down.

Yep, the same jerks whom we elected into office. But remember, when things are rosy and pink, people have a tendency to not care about what are politicians are passing.

Then add in those who don't care period and we can now see how a lot of decisions where made without our input.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Room at the table for others? I'm not inviting them to dinner. Not unless I know them and know the consequences of doing so, which thus far are proving disastrous.

To drag one country down the tubes to prop up another that's competing...not being ALLOWED to compete...that's just not right. Sorry. Our kids believe they're not good enough. We believe our products and ingenuity and ideas weren't good enough now. We've been conditioned to the extreme and it's time to deny that and fight for what we want again. Kinda hard though when our government isn't representing us and the corporations don't give a flying duck for anyone but their "shareholders."

I think there comes a time to invite people to dinner. But I believe that there have to be manners and rules all around that benefit everyone. Personally, I wouldn't as a government do ANY business with a nation that treats their own people as poorly as China treats hers. A communist nation. A nation that does enslave workers and exterminate unborn children yet also allows their population to run rampant, pollutes without care (yes I know the U.S, is also a violator here but that's not the issue at hand). I think they need some manners before they should be allowed to "come to dinner."

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
this is war!!! we will not surrender!!! we are not going down without a fight!!! take no prisoner!! it's all china's fault!!!!! nuke them!! rape their women!!! kill their babies!!! wahhhhhhhhh!!!

did i miss anything?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Some of us who are a bit older have lived through something similar to this in the late 70s and early 80s when at that point in time everybody thought Japan was going to be the next economic super power. I'm not saying that China will go that way but Americans need to realize we can't shoulder the global economy anymore with deficit spending and borrowing.

Many here at ATS will hate to admit just how much the US has contributed to the global growth in Industry and Commerce over the past 50 or 60 years, but when the SHTF recently the Global economy tanked. That should have demonstrated just how much influence the US had.

Now China is emerging.
Good!

Now let's allow some other group of citizens to step up to the plate and help shoulder some of the need. Hopefully the global village will fill in the rest.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The world was at war and some were plotting to attack us as we kind of sat around on the porch swatting flies and drinkng beers. But then when we realized that we were in a war, we organized all of our resources and all of our talents and we did whatever had to be done to save ourselves. I think we find ourselves in the same situation today, but today the war is economic.

Not sure when I read this and maybe some other members could jump in.

Weren't the corporations making decisions about resources during WW2?

I prefer the Federal government pass a balance budget. Close down all redundancy programs. Start paying off the debt. End the wars. Quit investing in unproven defense systems. Make a smaller government.

An economic war IMO will only bring more problems to the world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join