It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Billion Dollar Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Recently Americans have begun to read and hear that “Israel receives $3 billion in annual U.S. foreign aid.” That’s true. But it’s still a lie.

One can truthfully blame the mainstream media for never digging out these figures for themselves, because none ever have. They were compiled by the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs. But the mainstream media certainly are not alone. Although Congress authorizes America’s foreign aid total, the fact that more than a third of it goes to a country smaller in both area and population than Hong Kong probably never has been mentioned on the floor of the Senate or House. Yet it’s been going on for more than a generation.

Israel, whose troubles arise solely from its unwillingness to give back land it seized in the 1967 war in return for peace with its neighbors, does not fit those criteria. In fact, Israel’s 1995 per capita gross domestic product was $15,800. That put it below Britain at $19,500 and Italy at $18,700 and just above Ireland at $15,400 and Spain at $14,300.

All four of those European countries have contributed a very large share of immigrants to the U.S., yet none has organized an ethnic group to lobby for U.S. foreign aid. Instead, all four send funds and volunteers to do economic development and emergency relief work in other less fortunate parts of the world.

The lobby that Israel and its supporters have built in the United States to make all this aid happen, and to ban discussion of it from the national dialogue, goes far beyond AIPAC, with its $15 million budget, its 150 employees, and its five or six lobbyists who manage to visit every member of Congress individually once or twice a year.

AIPAC, in turn, can draw upon the resources of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, a roof group set up solely to coordinate the efforts of some 52 national Jewish organizations on behalf of Israel.

Israel has received, from a variety of U.S. federal budgets, at least $525.8 million above and beyond its $3 billion from the foreign aid budget, and yet another $2 billion in federal loan guarantees. So the complete total of U.S. grants and loan guarantees to Israel for fiscal 1997 was $5,525,800,000.

As of Oct. 31, 1997 Israel will have received $3.05 billion in U.S. foreign aid for fiscal year 1997 and $3.08 billion in foreign aid for fiscal year 1998. Adding the 1997 and 1998 totals to those of previous years since 1949 yields a total of $74,157,600,000 in foreign aid grants and loans. Assuming that the actual totals from other budgets average 12.2 percent of that amount, that brings the grand total to $83,204,827,200.

But that’s not quite all. Receiving its annual foreign aid appropriation during the first month of the fiscal year, instead of in quarterly installments as do other recipients, is just another special privilege Congress has voted for Israel. It enables Israel to invest the money in U.S. Treasury notes. That means that the U.S., which has to borrow the money it gives to Israel, pays interest on the money it has granted to Israel in advance, while at the same time Israel is collecting interest on the money. That interest to Israel from advance payments adds another $1.650 billion to the total, making it $84,854,827,200.That’s the number you should write down for total aid to Israel. And that’s $14,346 each for each man, woman and child in Israel.

[sources and further information on the amount(s) paid to Israel]

So here is my blunt and justified question for Israel and it's supporters:

What Has Israel Done For The USA Which Would Justify Israel Receiving Any Money From The United States of America And It’s Tax-Paying Citizens?

Source: www.politicaltheatrics.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Israel is called a state for a reason, just like state of texas, which is part of usa, so too is israel.

History plays such a massive role in these peoples plans, though they pretend history does not matter.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I can sense the underlying humour in your post. But if Israel really is part of USA, wouldn't it do what the US Pres. asks from it. Then how about when Obama asked to halt the illegal settlements once and for all?

Humor aside, Israel is a different entity.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Israel, whose troubles arise solely from its unwillingness to give back land it seized in the 1967 war in return for peace with its neighbors, does not fit those criteria.

Did you ever stop to think that Israel didn't start the war in 1967. It was its Arab neighbors who wanted to push Israel into the sea. If those Arab countries didn't decide to invade Israel in the fist place they would still have their land. I see nothing wrong with keeping land you gained in a confict that you never started.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

Israel, whose troubles arise solely from its unwillingness to give back land it seized in the 1967 war in return for peace with its neighbors, does not fit those criteria.

Did you ever stop to think that Israel didn't start the war in 1967. It was its Arab neighbors who wanted to push Israel into the sea. If those Arab countries didn't decide to invade Israel in the fist place they would still have their land. I see nothing wrong with keeping land you gained in a confict that you never started.

As far as I see Israel launched the attacks.

On June 5, 1967, Israel launched a surprise attack on Egypt and Syria. Israel has always considered this a preemptive attack.[13] This is, however, disputed by Arab countries, who assert that Israel's strike was an unwarranted and illegal act of aggression.[14] Jordan, which had signed a mutual defence treaty with Egypt on May 30, then attacked western Jerusalem and Netanya.[15][16][17]

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

Edit for the derailers:

Who started the 1967 Six-Day War?

"We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him
(Nasser) ." -- Former Israeli PM Menahem Begin.

Israel has long claimed that it launched the Six-Day War in 1967 to
defend itself. Below are some statements made by Israeli leaders as
well as some report excerpts that prove otherwise.

Source: newsgroups.derkeiler.com...

June 5: Israel attacks Egypt, Syria and Jordan.

Source:i-cias.com...

On the morning of June 5, the aircraft of the IAF took off from their bases and attacked Egyptian air force bases in Sinai and Egypt.

Source:www.israeli-weapons.com...

"In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him" Menachem Begin. (Noam Chomsky, 'The Fateful Triangle')

"I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to the The Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it"'Yitzhak Rabin, Israel's Chief of Staff, in Le Monde 2/28/68

"Moshe Dayan, the celebrated commander who as Defence Minister in 1967, gave the order to conquer the Golan.....(said) many of the firefights with the Syrians were deliberately provoked by Israel, and the kibbutz residents who pressed the Government to take the Golan Heights did so less for security than for the farmland. They didn't even try to hide their greed for that land. We would send a tractor to plow some areas where it wasn't possible to do anything, in the demilitarized area, and we knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn't shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot. And then we would use artillery and later the air-force also, and that's how it was. The Syrians on the 4th day of the war, were not a threat to us." 'The New York Times, May 11, 1967'

Source: my.telegraph.co.uk...

# June 5:
# Israel Air Force launches series of bombing raids against Egyptian airfields, targeting 19 bases and destroying 85 percent of the Egyptian air force

Source: www.haaretz.com...

June 5, 1967: Striking first, the Israeli Air Force wipes out most of Egypt's warplanes before they can take off. Israeli forces move against Egyptian troops in the Sinai Peninsula and Gaza Strip.

www.usnews.com...

June 5

Israeli air attacks against Egypt begin in the morning.

Source: www.npr.org...

But on this thread we are discussing about "What Has Israel Done For The USA Which Would Justify Israel Receiving Any Money From The United States of America And It’s Tax-Paying Citizens?"

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

the thing about citing wiki as a source weakens your point a lot. i mean anyone can edit that thing. i mean i looked at it and couldnt find that selection anywhere.

from what i saw syria and egypt attacked first.

On June 5, 1967, Egypt and Syria launched a surprise attack on Israel. Israel has always considered this a preemptive attack.[13] This is, however, disputed by Arab countries, who assert that Israel's strike was an unwarranted and illegal act of aggression.[14] Jordan, which had signed a mutual defence treaty with Egypt on May 30, then attacked western Jerusalem and Netanya.[15][16][17]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

They made israel a state of usa, so its protected, but obviously cannot do it overtly. You will find from my point of view, that the anglo american empire runs the world.

If your looking for anywhere near the truths, listen to john todd audio tapes on the net. You will find that america is run from europe, and israel is just part of it all.

Jews do not run the world, satanists do and have for along time. John todd is the closest thing you will get to an insider, and unfortunately the geezer disappeared from public view. But his tapes are out there. Educate yourself,a nd pagan religions are still massively strong behind the scenes, and do not beleive the things that thats only years ago, its not, they are massive still today.

For me israel isa state of usa, and is protected by it. But they just do not say it is. I doubt the president of usa has any power over it, but the real power is in europe.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Do you have an answer as to "What Has Israel Done For The USA Which Would Justify Israel Receiving Any Money From The United States of America And It’s Tax-Paying Citizens? "

....Thought soo!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

They made israel a state of usa, so its protected, but obviously cannot do it overtly. You will find from my point of view, that the anglo american empire runs the world.

If your looking for anywhere near the truths, listen to john todd audio tapes on the net. You will find that america is run from europe, and israel is just part of it all.

Jews do not run the world, satanists do and have for along time. John todd is the closest thing you will get to an insider, and unfortunately the geezer disappeared from public view. But his tapes are out there. Educate yourself,a nd pagan religions are still massively strong behind the scenes, and do not beleive the things that thats only years ago, its not, they are massive still today.

For me israel isa state of usa, and is protected by it. But they just do not say it is. I doubt the president of usa has any power over it, but the real power is in europe.

The United States of America is a puppet country that is being secretly controled from the shadows by a Satanic Group from Europe?

AND Isreal is a member of the US just like Texas?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Well Doc, he did provide MULTIPLE other sources that were not from Wiki which stated that Israel started it.

In any case, Israel hasn't done anything for the states which would warrant that kind of money being thrown at them.

They are the 51st state of America, un-officially, the numbers tell that story and so does the fact that they are the only country in the world who doesn't answer to the UN about anything.

Think about the nukes they have, which they cleverly got from the US, they don't need to be inspected by the UN or even disclose what they have, but you know they do.

It's sad that they were given "carte blanche" after WWII to eventually become a Nazi state themselves. And by that I don't mean the populace of Israel, I of course mean the government and it's actions.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
With that amount you could almost pay off about one/tenth of the USA's debt :-) This is retarted, why don't they put half of that into healthcare, which benefits the citizens of the usa, and the other half in payments to Zimbabwe ? They could actually use it and the usa would have created a new consumer market to which they can sell. And the timing would be good because South Africa is hosting the world cup, meaning booming economy...

Am I the only one who's seeing this ?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Lunatyx]

top topics

join