It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? I found it this morning in my house.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well.. I am surprised no one else has suggested this but... you are on this site.. ATS.. what else are you involved in? Could it be that the feds came to plant bug and one of the guys lost that in your house?

You know.. we always see on Tv the feds wearing those things when they are sneaking around....

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would suggest inspecting all of your appliances, and anything you you may have carried though your house. It may have fallen off, or out of something else. Sometimes these things just happen where the factory puts a part into something but forget to attach it, or though mishap, something falls into the product and it is shipped with the product, to fall out at a later date..

Or, you have had a covert visit by a ultra secret agency who are a wee bit clumsy LOL LOL (Aliens Included)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here are some more Hi-Res images:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b579decc3ec.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a6ac9f32c3d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
It is plastic on the large end, non flexible hallow glass for the tube, and a metal tip with a pin sized hole on the end. In case anyone was wondering.
Sounds a bit like a crack pipe!
(does it smell like burnt plasticy chemicals?)

If you think it might be some kind of bug, get a radio and play around with the signal until it's all fuzzy, then speak, if your voice comes out of the radio, it's a bug. But it's not a very covert one. (you found it)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

It is plastic on the large end, non flexible hallow glass for the tube, and a metal tip with a pin sized hole on the end. In case anyone was wondering.
Sounds a bit like a crack pipe!
(does it smell like burnt plasticy chemicals?)

If you think it might be some kind of bug, get a radio and play around with the signal until it's all fuzzy, then speak, if your voice comes out of the radio, it's a bug. But it's not a very covert one. (you found it)

that's the same thing I said, but it really does look like one and they are notorious for wandering into homes looking for cash to score more. Plus if they're crakced out, they'd drop their pipe and probably never realize where they dropped it!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Any serial numbers,codes, dates, text, logos, or any other type of writing on the device? If so they probably could be traced to a manufacturer which could be traced to a organization that purchased them.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is definatly a voice tube from a headset mic. question is how did it get there? does anyone in your family work in an office? or has anyone been in your house that does? or have you recieved anything in the mail, UPS,FEDEX etc that could have come from an office enviroment? could have fallen into a package by whoever was boxing it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are no serial numbers or codes, but it does look eerily similar to this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81d8519a3d6d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I dunno if mic for voice sets are usually made out of glass. Glass is pretty fragile and headsets take a decent amount of abuse.

Looks like part of a sprayer or vacuum attachment.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

It is the microphone tube that plugs into the earpiece of a Plantronics single ear headset. They are used for hands-free on cell phones.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I dunno if mic for voice sets are usually made out of glass. Glass is pretty fragile and headsets take a decent amount of abuse.

Looks like part of a sprayer or vacuum attachment.

poycarbonate is hard as glass when made into tiny tubes like that, with the pin hole n the end i doubt it could be a vaccum attachment, and with it looking like it just pushes into something i would say pressure from a sprayer would cause it to pop out..
I know where my mother in law works( insurance call center) there headsets have really rigid mouth pieces on them.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This being a conspiracy site and everything, I have to throw in the possibility that it's a mouthpiece that fell from some CIA types who were bugging your house or searching for incriminating documents or something. If that's true, I imagine the guy who lost it is in deep trouble.

OK, for less paranoia, where exactly did you find this? Was it under a chair or sofa, where someone might have dropped it? It looks small enough to have fallen off and gotten lost in someone's clothes, then fallen out later. Was this in an inaccessible place, where there is no traffic and where no one sits? In that case, it's harder to explain, unless you've got a cat that was playing with it.

[Edit:] I missed JohnPhoenix's post about a possible bug. Sorry for the repetition.

[edit on 11/22/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
OK, for less paranoia, where exactly did you find this? Was it under a chair or sofa, where someone might have dropped it? It looks small enough to have fallen off and gotten lost in someone's clothes, then fallen out later.

See that's another thing, it was next to my book case on the floor, where I keep all my esoteric books, and many of them have to be imported because you can't get them in the US...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Additionally, when you buy these, the earpiece comes with 2 of these microphone tubes. One is long and the other is short to accomodate the person wearing it. Common item. Perhaps some one got it as a gift and opened the blister pack and did not notice the second tube which probably fell in the couch.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I love how you people on this site actually think that the government would waste thousands of dollars monitoring you...
. It looks like some type watering tube for some small animal.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Do you have kids?

It looks like a tube/pipe from a bong or something?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think your house was invaded by a dentist.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Do you have kids?

No, and no...

And I don't own any cats, and I don't own any hamsters that need watering either.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I love how you people on this site actually think that the government would waste thousands of dollars monitoring you...
. It looks like some type watering tube for some small animal.

It's hilarious

Mod Edit -Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Do you have kids?

No, and no...

And I don't own any cats, and I don't own any hamsters that need watering either.

Now i wasn't suggesting that your cats or hamsters, if you had any, would be hitting a bong.

Whatever gave you that idea?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join