It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News Special: Camp Hero Investigation with William One Sac

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

*sigh* More uninformed rubbish I'm afraid. Its kind of annoying to see people banging on about some 'runway' which isnt even anywhere near the base and is in fact a public airport. Why is this even being discussed here?

Here on ATS we should try to stick to facts, not nonsense like this. It's not some sinister airstrip nobody knows about with shady goings on, its MONTAUK AIRPORT. Get a grip.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Maybe you should read the whole thread before you rudely try and tear somebody a new one.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
OMG! Willy! You are awesome!

That has to be very difficult to give what amounts to a live interview like that. You did so great. You made the whole experience so enthralling. Thank you so much for sharing how you learned of this strange place and the work you did in real life to learn more about it first-hand.

*hugs and kisses to you!*

Thanks so much Valhall. Compliments from you are like compliments from Angels. They really mean a lot, and I really appreciate what you have said. Thanks. Spooky says "hi!".

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Great thread, thanks. Hope you get better one sac. I have read and heard say that the secret to beating cancer is changing your bodies Ph to basic from acidic. In other words, start eating a whole lot of foods that are caustic, and avoid anything acidic. Surprisingly, limes are caustic, and they are my cure all.

The way I would imagine Camp Hero is pretty much as you describe it, and others who have contributed. Is there active military on the base? Do people show up their regularly, working jobs of some kind? Those people going to and from the base would be the key. I would think that any projects described, would have been moved else where once word got out, if they ever existed.

Yeah, so this was all built for WW II, has anyone claimed different, so point this out proves what? The underground bunkers and the huge satellite dish made it a good site to operate. Being that most of these sties have been abandoned, and left open to the public, many of us have visited such sites, why was Camp Hero fenced off when William went there at first, before this whole story became widely known.

This story also brought me to ATS. but I haven't found many threads active on the subject.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Spooky says "hi!".

SPOOKY!!!!

I miss playing spot the Spooky!

Sry, back to the topic at hand! Carry on!

*pesky animal lover heads back to the corner*

[edit on 11/20/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
SPOOKY!!!!

WOW! That is so cool! I remember your avatar.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Maybe you should read the whole thread before you rudely try and tear somebody a new one.

With all due respect, I DID read the whole thread. Maybe you should do a little research before making wild sensationalist and fanciful claims. I have the utmost respect for you personally, but I think you are trying to milk this a bit. I'm stating facts. Not rudely trying to tear someone a new one as you put it. If I wanted to do that, trust me, you would know.

I'm not here to derail threads or debunk for debunkings sake. I'm just stating what I know to be true and what I know to be not true. As I said before, I wanted to find something out of the ordinary at Camp Hero but it simply isnt there. There is no underground base, there never was and I challenge anyone to come up with any evidence other than hearsay to say otherwise. The whole 'Montauk Project' thing is a great campfire tale, but that's all it is. I'm sorry but the more people that beleive it and create websites about it dont add anything to the credibility of what is basically a work of fiction.

The remoteness and almost desolate atmosphere of the base lends itself to these kind of stories. What we have here is what I beleive amounts to a modern ghost story, it starts God-knows where and gets passed on from person to person. I find it very frustrating when such an interesting site such as this with such amazing cold-war industrial archaeology still in place gets this online reputation as some kind of bizzaro area 51, based on nothing but nonsense.

To be honest I kind of expected this kind of negativity when I responded to this thread. I'm only trying to be scientific about it. Wild speculation is all well and good but when you start to ignore contradictory facts about something like this you kind of lose credibility. Facts are facts. The mysterious dunes with doors are WW2 gun emplacements and munitions bunkers. The concrete cottage is an old building they re-inforced with concrete so it would still be a useful building so close to the radar tower and the whole place was built to resemble a fishing village to fool Nazis not Soviets. Oh, and the airstrip is Montauk Airport.

And at the risk of really taking the piss, helicopters are not an unusual sight in the Hamptons, especially black ones. I know of at least 2 insanely rich folk who live in East hampton and who own black helicopters that they keep parked at the bottom of their gardens. they use them for nothing more sinister than shopping, sightseeing and commuting to the city.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by angus1745]

[edit on 20-11-2009 by angus1745]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I too have great respect for WOS. These days, anyone who gets off the couch and actually, physically goes to a place to see what's really there is quite rare. William has spent a lot of time organizing his observations on the web and has provided many photos for us to look at. We can't all go there in person. I'm a couple of time zones away, myself, so I'll probably never see any of it.

The black helicopter thing has always amused me. When I started reading about sinister black helicopters, I happened to live near an old air base that was used by the National Guard for practice and training. I used to see "black" helicopters all the time. They are not all black, but from any distance at all, it's nearly impossible to make a distinction. The markings are the modern low contrast grey, so unless you are right next to the aircraft, you can't even see the insignia, let alone make out what they say. It's easy to tell they are military helicopters, and really that's all the ID they need for the civilian world. The people operating them and ordering them around sure can tell them apart. There are thousands of them in operation. Probably tens of thousands.

After reading the thread and clicking on links, looking at hundreds of photos and reading dozens of pages at various sites, I have to say I see no evidence at all that there is anything, secret or not, evil or benign, interesting or banal, anything at all going on at Camp Hero. It was an important part of the defense of our country during WWII, for obvious reasons if you look at a map, and it was found to be a great spot for a powerful radar installation during the cold war. Now it's obsolete, and it has been turned into a state park. All that remains behind fence are the radar antenna and associated structures. That's fenced off for obvious reasons. Imagine what it would cost to remove that collection of buildings and equipment. The cost of maintaining a fence is trivial in comparison.

One thing I have not seen mentioned is that if anything of interest to people like us were in fact going on there, it would be the easiest thing in the world for the military to keep it off limits in the name of Homeland Security. The location is already remote, in relative terms at least, and if the place was home to some kind of government project, no one would have been allowed to wander around taking pictures. The fact that none of the photos that were posted on line over the years contained anything that's even a little bit out of the ordinary for an abandoned military site, of which there are hundreds, tells me the Montauk legend is just another fairy tale. It's right up there with the "Branton" baloney, the Dulce nonsense, or any number of other figments imagined by wannabee sci-fi writers. Unless some sort of real evidence comes to light, this is a dead horse.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
With all due respect, I DID read the whole thread.

Then perhaps the issue is with your reading comprehension skills, or...

Could you point out the "uninformed rubbish" in this post that you quoted earlier?

Is there not a "partial picture of the runway" there?

Are there not "two small planes parked there, and one coming out of the hanger"?

How about the second photo?

Is the runway not "on the far left, and the lighthouse on the extreme right"?

Is Camp Hero somewhere other than "just below, and left of the lighthouse"?

Were the pictures not "taken in 2007"?

Since you "DID read the whole thread", then maybe you feel WOS was wrong when, in his reply, he already stated "I believe that may be the airport out in Montauk, and not actually part of the base itself" before your post here? Do you now feel that it is a part of the base?

I guess I'm having a hard time spotting the "wild sensationalist and fanciful claims" that you allege are being proposed in the posts you're choosing to reference; however, since you're "only trying to be scientific about it", then I'm sure you won't mind enlightening us, and specifically highlighting some of the "sensational rubbish" they contain.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Then perhaps the issue is with your reading comprehension skills, or...

Could you point out the "uninformed rubbish" in this post that you quoted earlier.

Is there not a "partial picture of the runway" there?

Are there not "two small planes parked there, and one coming out of the hanger"?

How about the second photo?

Is the runway not on the far left, and the lighthouse on the extreme right?

Is Camp Hero somewhere other than "just below, and left of the lighthouse"?

Were the pictures not "taken in 2007"?

Maybe you feel WOS was wrong when, in his reply, he stated "I believe that may be the airport out in Montauk, and not actually part of the base itself"? Do you feel that it is a part of the base?

I guess I'm having a hard time spotting the "uninformed rubbish", and the "wild sensationalist and fanciful claims" that you allege are being proposed in the posts you're choosing to reference; however, since you're "only trying to be scientific about it", then I'm sure you won't mind enlightening us, and highlighting the "sensational rubbish" therein.

ok, let me clarify at where I was directing my 'uninformed rubbish' statement. Yes yes there is a runway and some planes. BUT they are nowhere near Camp Hero. To anyone who has never been there it may look like a smoking gun in conjunction with the way the post was worded. It's a public airport ! Why are aerial photos of it being posted on ATS to lend credibility to some silly modern legend? I love the way you address this like a lawyer. I can tell I've really annoyed you with this.

As for the 'wild sensationalist and fanciful claims' look at the video in the origional post.

Yes WOS eventually noticed that the airfield was in fact Montauk Airport, as he should, but that didnt stop people banging on about it. WOS posted a response saying I was effectively jumping to conclusions, he was half right, That post was aimed at the 'montauk airport is some kind of secret airport" division, not at WOS,

However I do have a problem with old 'one sack' and his wild and fanciful claims. and I do grow tired of repeating this over and over. Camp Hero is a World War Two coastal artillery battery designed to look like a fishing village for the benefit of nazi submarines. From the late 50's onward it was re-used as a radar station until the 1980's. Trying to add anything extra to those cold hard facts without any additional facts is being sensationalist. Sorry but trying to make out that you found some structures that arent supposed to be there but in fact have been there since the 1940's and well documeted qualifies as sensationalist in my book.

You can re-write history all you like in your own mind. I'd rather stick with reality no matter how boring and mundane it is.

On a side note I found this, old 35mm aerial footage, contains the area in question from about the 20 min mark. proves or disproves nothing. Nice though.
video.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So have you ever been down in the bunkers?

How do you know what has been going on at this place since WW II?

Do you have any idea how far down the bunkers go or what is inside?

I don't remember anyone claiming that this place was built for what is described as being done there, only that it was a good location for such activities.

Where is your proof that none of these things ever happened?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

So have you ever been down in the bunkers?

How do you know what has been going on at this place since WW II?

Do you have any idea how far down the bunkers go or what is inside?

I don't remember anyone claiming that this place was built for what is described as being done there, only that it was a good location for such activities.

Where is your proof that none of these things ever happened?

Yes I've been in two of them and they are just what they appear to be. World war two bunkers. They go down exactly as far as they are supposed to, to provide enough stability for the purpose for which they were built.

I surmise an incident got out of control, and that the US military lost control of the base for a number of weeks, even months during 1985.

The bottom line is they wouldnt let us trample all over that site if they were hiding something. It's still a great place to visit. lets just hope it stays as unspoiled and enigmatic as it is now. It has an air to it thats unmatched anywhere in the US.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by angus1745]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You have been in two of them, out of how many? Just how much exploration did you manage to make when you where in those two bunkers. I have been through some bunkers myself from WW II, they are completely open to the public, and you can explore what you want.

I get the idea you never served. I served in both the Army and the Navy, so I know a little about it. Getting stationed in a little base like Camp Hero would have been dream sheet orders.

Now I have little doubt the soldiers at the base were every bit as much a bunch of stoners that everyone else was in the seventies, BUT the eighties was a whole different situation. Drug testing was in full enforcement, and so most people serving in the military stuck with alcohol, and avoided weed or acid. The economy sucked during that period, and the people in the military were grateful to have jobs.

Radar was so outdated by the eighties it doesn't make sense that they would keep a military base open for the radar station alone. This is a pretty good indicator that something is strange about the operations of this base into the eighties. There was no threat from aircraft or ships in the eighties. The only real threat to the U.S. was from Russian submarines, and to deal with this threat, a continuous patrol of aircraft dropped probes into the ocean to listen for submarines. Radar stations like the one at Camp Hero would not have served any legitimate purpose.

Let me reassure you, there was no wide spread drug usage in 1985, the military had clamped down on it heavily. If the military lost control of the base in 1985, then something extremely strange and unusual went down, and it most certainly wasn't run away drug usage by military personnel.

If what you say is true, and control of the base was lost for weeks, and possibly even months, that is unprecedented. Something extremely strange would have to happen for such a situation. If this event you are reporting is true, then that is the evidence that something extremely bizarre was going on at Montauk.

For the U.S. military to have lost control of such a tiny base in 1985 would have been an incident unprecedented in the history of the U.S. military. For the military to have lost control of the base for weeks is FUBAB, completely off the scale. And it went unreported by the media?

WOW!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Is that runway in the upper left portion of the second image? If so, I believe that may be the airport out in Montauk, and not actually part of the base itself. Montauk does have a small airplanes airport out there somewhere, but I have never seen it from the ground.

Yeah that's it.. I didn't know Montauk was already known for having an airport. You seemed kinda surprised on your website that there were always the planes flying around, so I thought there was this airport in the area that you didn't know about. - Hence my reason for bringing it up.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

ok, let me clarify at where I was directing my 'uninformed rubbish' statement. Yes yes there is a runway and some planes. BUT they are nowhere near Camp Hero. To anyone who has never been there it may look like a smoking gun in conjunction with the way the post was worded. It's a public airport ! Why are aerial photos of it being posted on ATS to lend credibility to some silly modern legend?

Firstly, no one said the planes were near the camp. I posted it because first I asked William if he knew the airport was there.. This because on his website, ( I don't know if you read it or not) William seemed surprised at always seeing the planes flying around. Secondly, I was in No Way using it to lend credibility to anything.. just trying to help William figure out where the planes he saw could be coming from. At the time, I did not know there was supposed to be an airport there in 2003 when William visited the site. I posted the pictures to show William where the airport was in relation to the camp and to show there were planes there, because he did ask me if there were planes there.

You just jumped to a bunch of incorrect assumptions about the pictures because you clearly did not understand why they were posted.

I didn't get to read your bashing of me before the mods removed it, A Pity, I would have like to see that. Thanks William and the rest of you guys, for sticking up for me.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

excuse me but I didnt at any time 'bash' you and the mods have never removed anything I have said in this thread or any other. You sir have an over-active imagination. If you didnt get to read it how do you know it was there?? It seems to me if there is any bashing being done it is being done by you. you need to wind your neck in with the paranoia a bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To: angus1745

Well er.. perhaps you cannot see it, but on your post at the top of this page in large letters it says, Very Large Quote Removed By Staff - So.. this isn't the stuff you say mods never removed? Yeah.. I'm bashing you.. Right.. Listen. I suggest this stops here as to not ruin Williams thread further. G'Day.

EDIT: Ahh.. I understand what was removed.. O.k... it wasn't something you posted.. Sorry

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ok, let me clarify at where I was directing my 'uninformed rubbish' statement... Why are aerial photos of it [the airport] being posted on ATS to lend credibility to some silly modern legend?

I believe this is part of the disconnect. JohnPhoenix did a good job explaining the situation, and the photos were not being posted in a manner to "lend credibility to some silly modern legend".

As for the 'wild sensationalist and fanciful claims' look at the video in the origional post...snip... I do have a problem with old 'one sack' and his wild and fanciful claims.

I've viewed the video, and perhaps you need to view it again because I fail to see any 'wild sensationalist and fanciful claims' being made by WOS. As far as claims being made; there were:

He attended seminars, and one featured a guest speaker named Michelle Guerin.

In Guerin's talk she put forth many seemingly "outlandish" (WOS's word) claims. If you don't believe Guerin would put forth such a dialogue, then a simple reading of some of her online writings should confirm her stance when it comes to the subject of Montauk; so it would be hard to claim that WOS somehow misrepresented her beliefs.

Due to the nature of Guerin's beliefs, and his proximity to the location, WOS was inspired to put his feet to the ground, and personally investigate the area to see if he could verify/disprove anything in her presentation.

In 1998 maps cited the location as Camp Hero State Park; however, at that time it was closed to the public.

Currently it is a state park; however, 30-40% is still closed to the public.

On his first visit he went swimming with his family.

He drove to the base itself alone.

He saw barbed wire fences, a police presence, and signs marking "Keep Out".

On one occasion he witnessed two tinted, low-flying, and "modern" looking black helicopters flying towards the base.

During a visit he parked at the lighthouse and walked along the beach to the base.

He noticed mounds/small hills, and discovered sealed-off square concrete "ducts" on top of these mounds.

Upon further investigation he discovered sealed-off bunkers built into the sides of the mounds.

He saw a large radar structure on the grounds.

He contends there is a large underground structure under the radar station based off of a few notable observations:

1) The concrete backed house has a visible tunnel heading out the back, and proceeding underground towards the radar station.

2) The radar station is on top of a huge mound, and he discovered that "If you see a hill, there's a structure underneath it", due to the fact that every hill they saw/investigated contained a man-made structure.

3) He believes it would require a deep anchor/base underground to keep such a structure (dish) steady due to the natural weather conditions in the area (frequent high winds).

In conclusion he states he couldn't prove/disprove if any parts of the base are still active today. Guerin claims it's active, while others disagree.

Sorry, but I fail to see any "wild and fanciful claims" being made by WOS; so it would be much appreciated if you could point them out. The only claim he makes, that seems remotely worthwhile for debate, is the possible existance of an underground structure beneath the radar building; however, the reasons for him drawing such a conclusion seem completely logical. He also makes no diffinitive claims as to what such a structure may be used for beyond the stabilization of such a large radar dish.

Yes WOS eventually noticed that the airfield was in fact Montauk Airport, as he should, but that didnt stop people banging on about it.

"Eventually"? Do you realize he'd already set the record straight before your post here?

As far as "banging on about it"; sorry, but that's just blatant dishonesty. There is not one post that even mentions the airport between the photo post and WOS's reply. Drew hempel says "Thanks for that awesome Montauk report and photos"; however, giving you the benefit of the doubt, even if he'd been referring to the airport photos, instead of the photos presented in the video itself, that one statement hardly qualifies as people "banging on about it".

I love the way you address this like a lawyer. I can tell I've really annoyed you with this.

Yeah, I suppose I do like to stick to the facts. As far as "annoyed" goes... yes, it's a bit annoying when people come into a thread spouting flagrant hyperboles and straw man arguments. Unfortunately your pointed critiques, of the thread and video, seem to contain such characteristics in spades.

[edit on 11/21/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Why did you edit out your comments on drug usage?

You spoke of some incident in 1985, which you explained as mostly likely due to drug abuse, and now you eliminate the comment.

Very strange, why would you do this?

Exactly who are you?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Interesting segment and especially the interview.

William One Sac, I don't know your whole story, but there are few inspirations in life, and the greatest always come from those like you, who have faced the deadliest threats to our human existence with such strength and optimism.

Thank you for an interesting interview, and for a genuine, moving inspiration.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join