It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slip of the tongue by obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
1. Considering that we and a few European countries are the ONLY ones that give a rats butt about the Geneva Convention, the argument for the Geneva convention is futile. when the shtf here (USA), do you think it will be afforded to us? I've no use for it. If we were TRULY fighting a war, we would need to be vastly more brutal than we are. These people are only slightly better than animals. the ones that are about to really get screwed are the Iranian common folk. they didnt want the muzzies there in the first place!

2. KSM is a total patsy. Oswalds ghost is shaking his head going "damn, sucks to be him"! Just like Noriega and the rest, its REALLY not a good idea to work with our spooks. You will be burned in the end...PERIOD.

3. Crap about GWB being a "war criminal". Most national leaders would fit that mold with quickness.

Enjoy the show ladies and gentlemen! Popcorn and refreshments are available at the foot of the gallows pole! HURRY HURRY HURRY!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Enjoy the show ladies and gentlemen! Popcorn and refreshments are available at the foot of the gallows pole! HURRY HURRY HURRY!

I was reading in another thread and made a comment about the tv being the modern coliseum, and I was then reading the article I cited in my op.

The emperor has changed and the masses consider themselves more sophisticated but in essence the spectacle remains the same.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Well did this guy do what he say's?
If so ...yes he will be found guilty.

But at same time i will say this..
He has a funny name..muslim and linked to terrorists.
This guy wouldn't get a fair trail in the united state's there is no way..much alone the place 9/11 happen at.

that's the problem with all of this.
Do want the government to let him go cause it's to hard to try him?
maybe let him loose so he can live next to you?

nothing they do can please everyone...so let's just enjoy the ride

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033I am from london, but i know from what happened to irish people who in effect where just in the same position as these people, where sent down and they did nothing as time proved.

This is an equally repulsive opinion to hold. It's no different than the "HE IS GUILTY" verdict.

The appropriate stance to take is that we don't know. Passing him off as being not guilty before the trial has started is wrong, just as passing him off as guilty is wrong.

Note, though, one can be guilty of a crime but still innocent of it. That is the stance of "Innocent until proven guilty."

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

thats from the old America worth fighting for... this new America... well - me thinks the population and this entity have a date in emphamee.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't think KSM will go scott free wether he is guilty or not, also I have come to the conclusion that Obama is not saving GW Bush by bringing KSM to civil trial.

I do agree this trial will be mere "show trial", there won't be much revealing in this case. What I am going to pay attention to is wether the court will bring forth the evidence of illegal tortue policy of GW Bush. If so Bush will have to reply some really "hard" questions but that is highly unlikely.

I do think there will be no jury, as KSM has already confessed thus jury will not be required. I want to see wether the US Federal Court will approve the confession which was extracted through torture of KSM & his two 7 and 9 yr old sons or will the trial start afresh?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of Nixon saying Manson was guilty.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I would venture to say the only way one could find a impartial jury now would be to pool it from the far right.

They wouldnt be deliberating on the facts of course...they would be deliberating on if they either hand down the death penelty to a turr-ist's tryin to blow up their freedom that dubya caught...or let the guy go and make obama's liberal america weak...it would be a extremely difficult choice for them and may even force them to look at the actual evidence once they hit that stalemate.

As far as a president weighing in on big cases...thats not unusual...hell, Manson held up a paper showing how the president proclaimed him guilty to get the jury dismissed for being influenced.

Go figure, the president has an opinion about stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Does anyone else here remember the OJ verdict? Case Closed. The US judicial system is in "many cases" bought and paid for with bribe and expensive lawyers.

Like I stated, the worst is that our techniques that are used to fight terror will be bought to the forefront and is a breach in my mind of national security.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read through the entire thread but I'd like to throw in...

They had an interview with a couple different people, one said the 911 mastermind tried to plead guilty but they wouldn't allow it. Then they showed a clip of one of the prosecutors saying the accused man will not decide his fate, the courts would. It was something like his decision to bring them in front of the judge. I can see them wanting to drag this out for publicity over the matter... but for the cost? I can't understand why they want to waste the money on it when everyone is already doing so poorly and this guy or they all wanted to plead guilty.

I'll try and dig up some source for it, if anyone remembers seeing what I am talking about it was on NBC nightly news 2 nights ago I believe.

edit -- video I saw... hope it works: www.msnbc.msn.com...

if that doesn't work, go here --> www.msnbc.msn.com...

scroll to the bottom and click on the link in the box labeled "MORE FROM NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS " the video is called "Terror trial...and error?"

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Estharik]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Eric holder also said this as reported on CNN

It is a sham trial. They are going to convict these guys in the swiftest way possible. Put them to death quietly and close the book on 9/11 forever making it a conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is it to cover up the 9/11 events and close the book or is it just to get public support and refresh our minds about these guys who "did it"? I'm not sure what to believe honestly. I don't think they should be having a trial so openly and covering it like they are, though.

Anyone know if it's going to be a closed courtroom to the media?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The idea goes something like this: "Hey guys, lets forget legally extradicting people within the laws and treaties between nations, and just run around the place kidnapping everyone and their mother using brute force, fly them across the globe in secrecy, torture them, hold them in military jails without trial, and to top it off: LET US MURDER THEM!

Brilliant idea! I can clearly see this path set forth for such a nation and justice system. Keep it up folks
You still have to go abit further before you fulfill the ancient prophecies. Time is ticking away.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Two questions:

Will the world's attention on these proceedings help to keep them legit? My guess would be they perhaps feel confident enough about being able to manage the message thru the MSM that they aren't worried about this.

Will the trial end up being, in a round about way, about the torture, and about Bush, Cheney and Rummie? If so it could just amount to being a sucker punch to the old admin?

I guess, if I have a point, it would be that just because Obama looks like he's on the side of conviction at this point, it doesn't mean he really is.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by wayno]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have over 3000 reasons he should tried in a military tribunal, found guilty of his crimes and sentenced to death.

Link to 9/11 victims

Let's remember why he is here and what is at stake. As mentioned earlier, he attempted to plea out but it meant nothing. What will happen if he is found innocent? There is no other reason to have a trial.....

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Don't forget, many people on here don't believe those people were on those planes.

It's just the logic of some I guess...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Excellent thread.

Obama's stance on death penalty

Obama wrote in his recent memoir that he thinks the death penalty "does little to deter crime." But he supports capital punishment in cases "so heinous, so beyond the pale, that the community is justified in expressing the full measure of its outrage by meting out the ultimate punishment."

deathpenaltyusa.blogspot.com...

Seems he leaves little doubt that these people should get the death penalty.

I am still not convinced that they will.

I am still under the impression that the world's opinion of America means more to Obama than ensuring that these terrorists get the death penalty.

To members from other countries, do you think the world community would be upset if these enemy combatants are sentenced to death?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

OJ couldn't be convicted because of an inept investigation. The police bungaled some evidence that couldn't be submitted.

Remember, it is also beyond a reasonable doubt.

Everyone knows he was guilty, but a lot of the convincing evidence could not be submitted.

All it takes is missing a signatue or a 2 second time lapse and the evidence isn't admissable.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I like what Jon Stewart said. He hopes he is aquitted. then that means he will be let go to wander the streets of New York by himself among New Yorkers.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How can you be fairly tried in the USA when the PRESIDENT of the USA is already judging you guilty. And on top of that is applying the death penalty to you. Of course the outcome has been decided already, otherwise they would not try them in NYC.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join