It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slip of the tongue by obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe this is something that went by with little notice.
Concerning this.

Asked if he understood why some people were offended by trying the men in U.S. courts, he replied: "I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him."

I felt the need to point this slip out. It seems the scripted reality show and new trial of the century is upon us. He further said.

He then backtracked, saying, "What I said was people will not be offended if that's outcome. I'm not prejudging" them.

I have to seriously say I believe the outcome is already known. This is a show trial.

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Holder also defended his decision and predicted Mohammed and the others would be convicted. "Failure is not an option. I don't expect that we will have a contrary result."

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Seiko]

Mod Edit: Fixed broken link.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this today.

I was also watching MSNBC and they were saying that if he wasn't convicted, they would simply arrest him outside the court room for "other" terrorists charges that he was involved in.

There is no hope for this man, guilty or not, he will die by the hands of America.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Isn't it sad that to glean a kernel of truth we must wait for a "slip of the tongue"from the president of the USA.That would mean everything else out of his mouth was/is a lie.He should be selling Shamwows, he's on T.V. enough.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah... I read this today... and I thought to myself... Isn't it: "Innocent until proven Guilty".

I have a feeling your right. Their conviction has already been planned.

I guess that's what happens when you don't have a tele-prompter in front of you...

[edit on 11/18/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

So what do you think the motive is for creating a new trial of the century?

Is it to distract the American public?

Why would they want us distracted when we need to focus on saving the nation? We all need to work hard and do our part. The last thing we need to be is distracted.

Could it be that it would make it easier to slip through legislation if Americans are fixated on a trial?

I think it would be more distracting if they had a crime of the century like LiLo decapitates Brittney in the middle of some lesbian love triangle. After all, trying terrorists is just so 2001.

God, I should be a politician.

Why are we even trying the man in Federal Court. He is a war criminal and he should face a military tribunal. Plus, that i way cheaper and way quicker.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The outcome is so obvious that these words may go by unchallenged in the msm. The court of public opinion has already spoken.

Are we a country of laws? This is what bothers me here, I expect a full and fair trial. I don't think there's anyway that will happen. Most of the true evidence will hide behind homeland security.

Something is sending off alarms in my head. It's time we looked at the procedure more.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It just reminds me years ago, of before i was born about that priest that was tried in hungary and people said he may of been brain washed, by the soviets or something.

Of course they will not let them walk etc.... No justice as people that even speak out against america, are seen as murderers for no reason, but just thinking america is bad.

I have no idea what these people did, but i would assume, it will be like that priest in hungary years ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have no idea what these people did

Wellllllll, let me fill you in.

KSM planned the 911 attacks. So basically he is the mastermind behind killing nearly 4000 Americans and destroying several builings and planes.

I don't really care if he is brainwashed or not, I just want to see him brought to justice. I think we should wrap him in a pig carcass and broadcast his execution to the world just to send them a message.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

The outcome is so obvious that these words may go by unchallenged in the msm. The court of public opinion has already spoken.

Ahh yes, trial by media, a wonderful thing these days

Are we a country of laws? This is what bothers me here, I expect a full and fair trial. I don't think there's anyway that will happen. Most of the true evidence will hide behind homeland security.

America WAS a republic until about 50 years ago when they started saying "democracy". They've convinced mostly everyone that America is run by the majority, when it fact it's run by the individual rights.

The evidence will be "classified" and we will never see it, neither will the jury. The judge will be privy to it and that's it. It will be a "your word against mine" kind of trial.

Something is sending off alarms in my head. It's time we looked at the procedure more.

Yup, there definetly is something wrong, and just when people are getting excited over H1N1 and healthcare, they come in with something to distract us.

Hot Sauce had a point.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by andy1033

I have no idea what these people did

Wellllllll, let me fill you in.

KSM planned the 911 attacks. So basically he is the mastermind behind killing nearly 4000 Americans and destroying several builings and planes.

I don't really care if he is brainwashed or not, I just want to see him brought to justice. I think we should wrap him in a pig carcass and broadcast his execution to the world just to send them a message.

Well it seems you've bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker my friend. Let's remember that they haven't proved anything, and his so called "confessions" were the results of torture.

You can't take any of that seriously after what they did to him. KSM is their scape goat. America's reputation for getting the truth is so tarnished that even if proven guilty I don't know whether I would believe it or not.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
[edit on 18-11-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Absolutely. Its nothing but a show to appease the far-left. Just to give you an idea how asinine the whole thing is, ask yourself a question: Where in the United States are they going to find an impartial jury???

His conviction is a done deal. Even on the ever so slight chance that he gets off on some technicality, they will immediately arrest him on some other charge. Its a joke.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Can you kindly wait till the show trial is over to call for the public execution?

I always suspect distraction, but this is bloodlust. The story is not so much that they will be tried, but that they are already guilty. They are not going to walk free, and they've slipped this here. They didn't mention overwhelming evidence, just that the trial will not contain any contrary outcomes to the guilty verdict.

This should alarm you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I do not know wether it's ok or not to bring KSM to NY for trial. It makes sense as he is not termed as Prisoner of War*POW*..if he was it would come under Geneva Convention and Bush could be tried of war crimes for illegal war in Iraq and detaine abuse and totrture as International Criminal Court/Geneva Convention stipulates.

KSM is not detained under status of Prisoner of War but Enemy Combatant, thus he is eligible for trial in civil court.

WASHINGTON, Feb. 8, 2002 – It is because the United States places such emphasis on the Geneva Convention that American officials do not consider Al Qaeda covered by the agreement nor are they willing to award the Taliban detainees POW status.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld during a Pentagon press briefing today discussed presidential decisions that White House spokesman Ari Fleischer announced Feb. 7.

President Bush, Fleischer said, had decided that the Geneva Convention of 1949 applies to the conflict with the Taliban in Afghanistan, but not to the conflict with Al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan or anywhere else. He also determined that Taliban detainees do not meet the convention's criteria for prisoner of war status.

White House lawyers thought long and hard about the situation before making recommendations to Bush, Rumsfeld said. The lawyers were worried about the precedent their decision could set about detainees in future conflicts, he added.

"Prudence dictated that the U.S. government take care in determining the status of Taliban and Al Qaeda detainees," he said. "When the Geneva Convention was signed in 1949, it was crafted by sovereign states to deal with conflicts between sovereign states." The current war on terrorism is not a conflict envisioned by the framers of the Geneva Convention, he said.

Source: www.defenselink.mil...
Bush and Rumsfield emphasised these prisoners should not come under POW status so they use the loophole in Geneva Convention.

While keeping in mind only POW's are tried in millitary tribunal and not enemy combatants, the previous administration twisted the rules as suited to them. These prisoners should have been tried in a Civil Court from the beginning under the status of "Enemy Combatant".

Millitary Tribunal is designed to put on trial P.O.W and not enemy combatants.

Secondly,

After September 11, 2002: KSM’s Children Said to Be Tortured

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed’s (KSM’s) children, who are captured in a September 2002 raid on a house he used (see September 11, 2002), are allegedly tortured following their capture. A statement that they are tortured is made in a submission to a Guantanamo Bay hearing to determine the status of a detainee called Majid Khan. The submission is made by Khan’s father, based on information from another of his sons. It reads: “The Pakistani guards told my son that the boys were kept in a separate area upstairs and were denied food and water by other guards. They were also mentally tortured by having ants or other creatures put on their legs to scare them and get them to say where their father was hiding.” US department of Defense, 4/15/2007 pdf file Human Rights Watch, based on eyewitness accounts, says that they are held in an adult detention center (see June 7, 2007), and KSM also says that his children are abused in US custody (see March 10-April 15, 2007). US Department of Defense, 3/10/2007 pdf file; Reuters, 6/7/2007 According to author Ron Suskind, after KSM is captured and there is difficulty getting some information from him (see March 1, 2003 and June 16, 2004), CIA headquarters authorizes his interrogators to “do whatever’s necessary.” KSM is then told that his two children will be hurt, unless he co-operates more. However, according to a CIA manager with knowledge of the incident, “He basically said, so, fine, they’ll join Allah in a better place.” [Suskind, 2006, pp. 230]

Entity Tags: Majid Khan, Central Intelligence Agency, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

Timeline Tags: Complete 911 Timeline, 9/11 Timeline

Category Tags: Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, Intimidation/Threats
Bookmark and Share

historycommons.org

Not only they tortured KSM to get confession but also his children. Keeping in mind all these things I dont know how anyone can be sure he would be found guilty.

mod edit, attempt to fix link

[edit on Thu Nov 19 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And to think I scoffed at those accusing TPTB of being reptilians.

Now we not only have proof of Obama's reptilian ancestry, but also a definite indication of the origin of these reptilians.

lh4.ggpht.com...

CARDASSIA
The Cardassian court system is barbaric by human standards. They boast that their court is the most efficient criminal investigation system in the quadrant. In Cardassia the verdict is always known before the trial begins and it's always the same. The people demand trials. They enjoy watching justice triumph or evil every time. They find it comforting. The Cardassian Empire believes it's good for the populace to see the spectacle of justice. Trials demonstrate the futility of behavior contrary to good order; justice will be done, and lives will be reaffirmed safe and secure.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hard to say what the outcome will be,if you consider that Eric Holder worked for a law firm for eight years that defended prisoners held at Gitmo.

www.politicalwrinkles.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I see the point in giving him some sort of trial. Though I would have rather had it be a military tribunal. However, lets not pretend the man is innocent, as he was one of the top 3 leaders in Al-Queda.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I realize you're quoting fiction but I see your point.

A trial begins with a declaration of the charges against the offender and the sentence he is to receive. The trial only shows how the offender was found to be guilty. Witnesses are called and evidence is presented to prove the Archon's case.

Putting the innocent on trial would be barbaric right?

There are four lights.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Let's not pretend he's guilty until the verdict is reached.

This is the point I'm making here hotsauce. They're saying he will be found guilty, it's already decided.

I will say it again "this is a show trial".

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I will try and find the video, but this is exactly what i was thinking the other day when the AG first did the press conference about the trial.

He kept getting questions about the possibility of the alleged terrorists getting off on technicalities, and every time he basicaly said that wouldn't happen. he said they were confident they would get a conviction, and would have not have organised the trial if they weren't sure.

It sure seemed like the guilty verdict had already been passed.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join