It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a flame on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I think my wife would disagree with that. :-)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Everyone wants to be treated equally, so we should always treat each other
Nice, and respect our fellow man.

I agree almost entirely,
The exception is @ss kissers and brown nosers. Those people deserve to have little flame things flittering across their web pages ad nauseum.

God I hate sucky ass kissers; not naming anyone of course.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The exception is @ss kissers and brown nosers. Those people deserve to have little flame things flittering across their web pages ad nauseum.

Could you please, since you seem to be in the know on such members, provide a complete and comprehensive list? Maybe the site could then send the fireballs exclusively their way.

Best sent to the administrators directly though, since naming them publicly would be considered multiple personal attacks.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
As promised I looked for that ad and I finally saw it. really cool flame stuff there but the ad was annoying. I had to close it to work the forum controls.. now I see why everyone don't like it.

Listen, for the record
I am not an arse kisser
Everyone should do their part.
Sometimes ya just have ta go with it :-)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
hmmm... i didn't know that was in the T&C either. I really don't know what the point is, I mean the people who might click on the ads won't be running ad blockers and those who are running blockers aren't likely to click on the ads even if they turn them off.

Just seems like someone at ATS is a bit of a control freak IMO

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

Hey Majiq, props for being able to see so clearly thru this .
Rare indeed is such a no nonsense perspective (especially on here).

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It's not about them telling me what to do..
We all agree to the T&C.
Or if you don't agree stop using the service.
Now its easy to overlook something in the T&C.
To admit it and correct your error is admirable.
Some people are too dishonest and will keep using AdBlock anyway.
To them I say get a life.
Only people with integrity deserve to use this forum.
Please turn off your adblocks because it's the right thing to do!

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

Well if you do some research on this place, you will see that it is an unreasonable request to ask if it were enforced. This place would see a dramatically substantial exodus from ATS. Many wouldn't even wait to find out if members were banned for not turning off their popup killer. When you consider the amount of complaints this site has been suspected of, for malware and vundo, vundo-hybrid viruses. I remember castle cops was even commenting on it but it was long ways back so i don't know what they had confirmed. I don't think however that the owners have anything to do with that and are, or at least try to be as careful, screening advertisers out who might try something like that.

I know for a fact I was hit by the vundo virus from this site. I had just finished a fresh install of my store bought version of winxp and this was the very first site I had gone to and I got warning on two anti virus type software but they could not remove it. Someone here who had also complained of the same experience, suggested "Malware Bytes" a free program for trial use that actually removes the virus for you regardless of whether you purchased it yet or not and it worked very effectively. I highly recommend it. I don't think their is anything wrong with a website like this making money from advertising and thinks some of the commentary vilifying the amigos for turning a buck, are the same as those who think giving money to a church is evil and capitalism has ruined America. The T&C are irrelevant as a contract goes when you consider it offers absolutely no recourse and every single rule whether you abide or not, if for some reason someone gets a wild hair up there butt, all that compliance means nothing in the final analysis. NOTE: At the bottom where ATS T&C saves for themselves, the ultimate trump card option whereas ATS reserves the right to terminate your membership regardless, for any reason

That means a personality conflict or any ambiguous reason what so ever. You'll never know as most of the posts made about such issues are always "spoken about behind the scenes" and everyone is on a need to know basis with no names ever mentioned making a case for those who've felt their banning was unjust, very difficult to prove.

The ideas claiming a bias here, left or right, or that this place is a CIA front, cointelpro etc, is HOGWASH. It does seem to lean to the left but you have to take these kinds of complaints on a case-by-case basis, unless you can prove a conspiracy of sorts is going on here but I have not seen anything that comes close to corroborate that. All websites that advertise, risk the possibility for malware ads employed by deceitful advertisers and whenever they have been found here, it was dealt with fast from what thread posts indicate. Seems Mr. Irvine took the allegations serious enough to address them personally. AS for the popup thing, I was surprised to see that in there and I am quite familiar with reading contracts line by line checking for unenforceable legalese etc.

The bottom line is if you don't like it, don’t sign up. However, if you do and keep the popup off, Hey, if ATS doesn’t like it, they can ban em for it.

I doubt those who got banned under such an unreasonably unwise request, would lose sleep over it. The more YOU see, BEING here as the bigger opportunity than what you provide for ATS, the less likely you'll see why this is such an unreasonable request to ask.
When the members are contributing almost all of the content people are addicted to reading and arguing here. Losing a few members over a trivial added desire by the owners is one thing but gambling a substantial number of them leaving on their own volition is another. I HATE MALWARE a helluva a lot more than I love this place and I think I speak for those who still have a mind of there own here and some idea of the value they as a group, provide for the owners and their member generated content.

If everyone here were to sound as willing to do what is considered wise and prudent browser settings in today’s Internet with all its scam ware out there, I would AT least expect that if they really wanted to enforce that, it would be just as reasonable then, to hold ATS liable for any malware attacks on member’s computers. That is regardless of holds harmless clauses.

Therefore, that kind of T&C rule has YOUR name, written all over it. You can take that for what it's worth and if that kind of setting is worth it to you.

Obviously, it is

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join