It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a flame on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
O.k. folks this is NO Joke. I was on a new thread posting ( the new time machine thread) and I brought up my mouse cursor to click on MyATS and I saw a graphic of a flame ball fire up and die down on my screen. I saw the graphic just before my screen switched to the MyATS screen. Has anyone else seen this.. what was this? I cannot seem to get it to happen again. The graphic was oval shaped about an inch tall and perhaps 2 and a half inches wide. It appeared in the same area of the screen as the MyATS button.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Could it have been from a pop-up ad from another site that just happened to load at that moment? Any programs open that might've caused it?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There is an advert for Terminator the Sarah Connor chronicles - it's a fireball that grows into the advert then you have to close it... You just clicked to change to a new page before it got to full size!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have Firefox and Add Block Plus running.. I never get any popups.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It might be the new terminator ad, it's been talked about in skeptics bad ad hit list. There's also been three separate complaint threads started, it's that bad.

Did you reload quickly? next time let it load and see if it changes into a pop up ad.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
There is an advert for Terminator the Sarah Connor chronicles - it's a fireball that grows into the advert then you have to close it... You just clicked to change to a new page before it got to full size!

Wow.. that's what it was? I will be on the lookout for that one.. you can imagine my surprise seeing it in the manner that it happened! LOL Thanks for the reply! That sure seemed freaky!

Thanks also Seiko - I'll try that!

Yeah, I had just finished posting and I immediately went to the top of the page to click on MyATS when this happened. I will look for the ad. I can see how someone could think that's a bad ad.. if they didn't know better they may think thier PC is on fire!

Also I think sometimes Add Block Plus takes a moment to "catch" an ad it's encountering for the first time. Generally I never see Ads in that area of the screen.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There are those ads that aren't pop-ups but are embedded and scroll across the screen sometimes. Not sure if Ad-Block Plus gets rid of those, but that's what it sounds like to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Having Ad Block is against the T&C and I suggest you remove it. The adds are the only way ATS makes any money.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It could be Satan shooting some flames at 'ya, but according to another poplular thread he doesn't exist!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Having Ad Block is against the T&C and I suggest you remove it. The adds are the only way ATS makes any money.

~Keeper

Also, you're not allowed to breathe while using this site either. Doing so will result in a 4 month ban.

If you do it again after the first ban, you will be sacrificed at Bohemian Grove.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

~Keeper

You are correct. The T&C States: 4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the website(s).

I failed to notice this before. I do not have to remove the program, that would be foolish. But I can add the option to turn it off for this website. I will do so and I apologize to ATS for overlooking this part of the T&C.

[Edit] Please don't kick me out.. I love this place! :-)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I also run firefox, but not adblock.

I know what flames you are talking about, it's a terminator commercial and it sucks, it kept hovering over the icon for "last page" - personally i think that was over the top to scroll down and click that instead.

I don't mind this place making money, but i think that commercial that loads a bigger area than it's supposed to sucks. When some commercial prevents the way i usually interact with a site, i close my hand except the middle finger

[edit on 14-11-2009 by K-Raz]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

~Keeper

You are correct. The T&C States: 4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the website(s).

I failed to notice this before. I do not have to remove the program, that would be foolish. But I can add the option to turn it off for this website. I will do so and I apologize to ATS for overlooking this part of the T&C.

[Edit] Please don't kick me out.. I love this place! :-)

I love how a conspiracy site have no trouble telling you what to do

I'm so losing points cause of this, but someone had to say it

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh wait, that's actually there? Well, they can get stuffed. Seriously, why the hell should we have to put up with annoying popups and stuff? This is a professional site, not some dodgy warez site.

Thankfully, I don't have ads popping up. I only use a flash content blocker, and that's about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's not about them telling me what to do..
We all agree to the T&C.
Or if you don't agree stop using the service.
Now its easy to overlook something in the T&C.
To admit it and correct your error is admirable.
Some people are too dishonest and will keep using AdBlock anyway.
To them I say get a life.
Only people with integrity deserve to use this forum.
Please turn off your adblocks because it's the right thing to do!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

OP:

O.k. folks this is NO Joke

to

lol

You go from paranoid rookie to mentor all in the same thread..?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
TO: happygolucky

Hey, I do what I can. I am glad you liked that post enough to reply to it and you understood it :-)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Please turn off your adblocks because it's the right thing to do!

Speaking of integrity, I think you just lost a great chunk of it by insinuating people that use AdBlockers have none. That is ridiculously retarded.

Perhaps people don't want to be bothered by crap ads.

I love this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

You are right.. that wasn't a very good sentence. I will give it more thought next time.

Perhaps I should said something like: Or at least abide by the rules you agree to.

Or: Once you break one rule, you will break them all.

Both of those would have worked.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yeah, well, it's a little awkward I guess. I do understand what you mean, though.
Oh well, we may as well just put this behind us.
Useless arguments don't get anywhere and they only linger.
Life's too full of arguments like that.
I think that we should just put aside our hostility and stuff like that.
Kindness is what the world really needs.
Each and every one of us can make a day a little better by being nice.
Many people forget this, and many people abuse this.
Everyone wants to be treated equally, so we should always treat each other
Nice, and respect our fellow man.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join