It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds accuse Eugene man of threatening to blow up Planned Parenthood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Feds accuse Eugene man of threatening to blow up Planned Parenthood

www.oregonlive.com

In late November, Eugene police responded to another report of anti-Semitic phone harassment at Eugene's Masonic Lodge 11. The anonymous caller's voice said, "I'm going to burn your house down. Because you suck. You understand that? You and your (expletive) Jews. You get the (expletive) out of town."

m going to burn your abortion clinic down because you are a baby killer and you hate babies. ... You go and get sick and you go back to Portland and get sick there, and get sick there or I'm goi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This man sounds kinda loony crazy

as we all know, there's alot of mind-altering drugs in the water
Perhaps that has something to do with all the crazyness going on lately.

But this guy is definatelly mentally ill to be giving such threats like these
And I am very much against abortion

But to give threats to the abortion community is NOT at all the most efficient way to convey your message.

What ever happened to peaceful protesting, picket signs, rallys and just stopping people on the street and giving them pieces of paper with information on it?

www.oregonlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree. If those are direct quotes from the messages, definatley not a very lucid individual. Good thing they nailed him. Hopefully he gets some help. To your point about protesting and picketing, the protesters have ratcheted up the "shock value" slowly and steadily past the line where they can convey THIER message effectively. Instead of logical and sane discourse they would rather show large posterboard pictures of dead and discarded fetus', SOMETIMES even when small children are present. I for one am all for putting your message out there and trying to change life for the better, but no reason to bring kids into politicking.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Instead of logical and sane discourse they would rather show large posterboard pictures of dead and discarded fetus', SOMETIMES even when small children are present. I for one am all for putting your message out there and trying to change life for the better, but no reason to bring kids into politicking.

I do agree with what you are saying, but just to make a thought-provoking point..
I don't necessarily completely agree with what i'm about to say but here goes.

If it's so wrong to be shown in front of kids, then...... maybe it's wrong altogether!

you know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It IS a little over the top , even for adults. However we did have an abortion clinic in a strip mall right across the street from me about a year ago, now closed . However everyweekend there would be protestors on the corner of the intersection as well as in front of the establishment which was about 2 small stores down from a blockbuster and a walgreens. I witnessed on several ocassions one or more of the protestors "accost" a parent and a child walking by to either store and instead of keeping those pictures at adult eye level they would often lower one of the pictures down in front of a small child. No reason whatsoever other than to pressure a parent to have to explain what was in that picture and why those people were so angry. Get the point across, but leave the kids out of it. But for clarification...are you saying the use of the fetus pics are wrong altogether or the act of abortion?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Abortion is wrong
the usage of pics isnt' the best but as they say a pic is worth a thousand words... but kids shouldnt see that no

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here in Oregon we have every demographic conceivable, from the Bohemian Intellectuals, Noveau Hippie-Trippies, the Bleeding-Edge Technocracy, Redneck Republicans, and even the Lunatic Fringe. For a State that is mostly wilderness area, we tend to attract every nut, fruit and flake under the sun (if you think that some Californians are out there, you obviously have never been to Oregon!).

(According to FBI Reports, Oregon has the largest number of White Supremacy and Survivalist Groups in the Nation...so it shouldn't come as a surprise.)

The Radical Fundamentalist Christians seemed to have died off in Oregon about a decade back when their attempts to Censor Literature and Art, and ban GLB Marriages failed numerous attempts, and their attempts to bomb Abortion Clinics met with heated Public back-lash. However, it doesn't surprise me that one of them would reappear after all this time underground.

I'd like to pass this off as just another religious fanatic who may be potentially mentally ill, but his ignorance and lack of education are shameful to others living in the same progressive State. I can guarantee that the next time a levy to fund Public Education comes up on the State Ballot, this gentleman (to use the term loosely) will be the Poster Child as to why Oregonians should vote "Heck Yes!"

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As to comment on the abortion issue...I can't. Simply becasue I both support and do not support it. There are situations that I do support and there are others where I don't. I don't want to derail the thread and turn it into a pro/anti thread. Feel free to U2U me if you would like me to flesh that out.

top topics

join