It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part II: Indians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

@VonDutch

Can vouch for the english translation. If anything, it actually is not able to capture the full essence of the phrases in Sanskrit.

Actually, VonDutch, when the British first translated the texts to English, as the colonial masters of India, they were taken aback by the descriptions.

What we can today relate to as the description of an atomic blast had no point of reference to those translators, since the atomic bomb 'hadnt' been invented then.

However, evidence of nuclear destruction is not limited to ancient India alone.

When the city of Mohenjodaro(now in Pakistan) was excavated by archeologists in the last century, they found skeletons just lying in the streets, some of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken them. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on a par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ancient cities whose brick and stone walls have literally been vitrified, that is-fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast. Furthermore, at Mohenjo-Daro, a well planned city laid on a grid, with a plumbing system superior to those used in Pakistan and India today, the streets were littered with "black lumps of glass." These globs of glass were discovered to be clay pots that had melted under intense heat!

Link

@XxAelitaxX

I really feel sad for you. No matter where in the world you are, no matter whether you were born in India or not, ancient India was an amazing place. Getting to know ancient india and its accomplishments is an epic journey filled with wonder, amazement and increduility. You should try it sometimes.

Edited to correct typos

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Charismagic]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Serbsta,

Nice to have a synopsis of these great mythical works.

However:

Originally posted by serbsta
And more famously, consider the following passages:

...A single projectile,
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour
A perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion,
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

...It was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes,
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.

The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours,
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire.
The soldiers threw themselves in streams,
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Looking at it from a non bias side, this is a VERY accurate description of the after effects of a nuclear explosion.

The passage above appears nowhere in the Mahabharata.

Also:

Originally posted by serbsta
EXTRACT 1: While Dhruva Maharaja was passing through space, he saw, in succession, all the planets of the solar system, and on the path he saw all the demigods in their vimanas showering flowers upon him like rain.
(Bhagavata Purana)

EXTRACT 2 : He traveled in that way through the various planets, as the air passes freely in every direction. Coursing through the air in that grand and splendid vimana, which could fly at will, he surpassed even the Devas.
(Bhagavata Purana)

The Bhagavata Purana tells of what happens to the Maharaja after his death. IOW, his passage to nirvana.

This is not a story about a dude flying around the solar system.

It's fine to speculate about these things, but there has never been any evidence found that would indicate they might possibly be true.

The stuff about Mohenjo-Daro is just not true.

Harte

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We should be being taught these things in school. It is apparent, when someone reads texts of this nature, that a sense of some kind of truth with respect to the details just pours from the messages. When you read the book of Enoch it seems to be plausible and the fact that it was not Canonized makes me wonder if the Pope did not want people calling the names of Demons to do their bidding as opposed to it was not fit for teaching about the past. That these materials are surely ancient gives me pause to wonder why it was not treated with more respect in modern studies. We in the western realm of thinking can handle things like ET's being real and powerful ancient technology's but someone in the powers that be crowd is holding the information back and apparently making ridicule of those who would present this data to the mainstream of society. Could it be merely to hold back the findings of Nikola Tesla and the free energy from the ether concepts so power over mankind could be established? I think yes and what a pity to see our whole society based on covering up the truth while we are encouraged to seek the truth and work to discover the truth. No wonder we are having issues when there is an obvious delima built into the teachings giving today. Once everyone is allowed to think for themselves on these matters TPTB will probably go away. Knowledge is power, thanks!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nice work so here is a star and flag for your time and effort. I am looking forward to reading more on the subject. I like to see these types of posts on ATS, it’s refreshing. As I was reading your post I was reminded of Sodom and Gomorrah and stories of what remind me of other nuclear incidents.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nice job....
I am still reading...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have read parts of the Baghavad Gita, but I never knew it described atomic weaponry! That is extremely amazing to me. S&F for this great second installment in your ancients series!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
However:
The passage above appears nowhere in the Mahabharata.

Ok, where does it come from then ? mistranslations?
May some Hindi (or Hindu? dont know the exact word) can explain the right translation.

And, if even a bit of this it is correct, then what a wonderfull story it is! Even it is a myth, I wonder how those people got the ideas from!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I always like to do a little research on the side when a great topic like this comes up.

Does this explain the cover-up of knowledge for thousands of years?

I came across a facinating story called:

"The Nine Unknown Men".

"...the Emperor founded the society of the Nine to preserve and develop knowledge that would be dangerous to humanity if it fell into the wrong hands.

It is said that the Emperor Asoka once aware of the horrors of war, wished to forbid men ever to put their intelligence to evil uses.

During his reign natural science, past and present, was vowed to secrecy.

Henceforward, and for the next 2,000 years, all researches, ranging from the structure of matter to the techniques employed in collective psychology, were to be hidden behind the mystical mask of a people commonly believed to be exclusively concerned with ecstasy and supernatural phenomena.

Asoka founded the most powerful secret society on earth: that of the Nine Unknown Men.

These books each deal with a different branch of potentially hazardous knowledge. Traditionally, the books are said to cover the following subjects:

The Nine Books

1. Propaganda and Psychological warfare is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of large numbers of people. Instead of impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience.

It is the most dangerous of all sciences, as it is capable of moulding mass opinion. It would enable anyone to govern the whole world.

2. Physiology is the study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of living organisms.

The book of The Nine included instructions on how to perform the "touch of death (death being caused by a reversal of the nerve-impulse)." One account has Judo being a product of material leaked from this book.

3. Microbiology, and, according to more recent speculation, Biotechnology. In some versions of the myth, the waters of the Ganges are purified with special microbes designed by the Nine and released into the river at a secret base in the Himalayas.

Multitudes of pilgrims, suffering from the most appalling diseases, bathe in them without harming the healthy ones. The sacred waters purify everything. Their strange properties have been attributed to the fact that they contain bacteriophages. But why should these not be formed in the Bramaputra, the Amazon or the Seine?

4. Alchemy, including the transmutation of metals. In India, there is a persistent rumor that during times of drought or other natural disasters temples and religious organizations receive large quantities of gold from an unknown source.

The mystery is further deepened with the fact that the sheer quantity of gold throughout the country in temples and with kings cannot be properly accounted for, seeing that India has few gold mines.

5. Communication, including communication with extraterrestrials.

6. Gravitation. The Vaiminaka sastra is said to contain the instructions necessary to build a Vimana, sometimes referred to as the "ancient UFOs of India."

7. Cosmology, the capacity to travel at enormous speeds through spacetime fabric, and time-travel; including intra- and inter-universal trips.

8. Light, the capacity to increase and decrease the speed of light, to use it as a weapon by concentrating it in a certain direction etc.

9. Sociology, including rules concerning the evolution of societies and how to predict their downfall.

There is much more to this story, including who the suspected nine were.

Myth or Reality?

Source: History of India

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thank you so much! Great post. The Indian civilization is probably older than that of the Egyptians. The Bhagavad Gita is my favorite book of all time. It is refered to as the "Hindu Bible". It is the "song of God". It takes place during this huge battle, which is a metaphor for the struggle within each of us as we search for God. It's not really about a battle, the battle is the metaphor for the struggle...the interior against the exterior, materialism vs. spirituality. Krishna is Arjuna's charioteer. Krishna is the avatar of Vishnu, one of the Hindu trinity (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) who come from (as we all do) from Brahman, the "Lord of Love". So Hinduism is essentially monotheistic. The thousand of Gods in Hinduism are "personal Gods". A lot of us humans just can't wrap our mind around a God so great as Brahman, so people adopt ideology and personal Gods to fill their limited understanding. "Oh Lord I see in your body all of the Gods, every kind of living creature. I see Brahma the creator, seated on a lotus. I see all of the ancient sages. I see the celestrial serpents." 11-15 , Arjuna utters these words in homage to Krishna, he is speaking about Brahman. As Jesus Christ said that you get to the father through me, so too Krishna tells us that we get to Brahman through him. Not literally through the incarnation of Christ of Krishna but through the Christ/Krishna consciousness, By the pathway that they each have illuminated. Everything that we see/experience is this world "passes through the body" of Brahman. Krishna tells us that even our cosmos is but a tiny sliver of the greatness of Brahman. Christians will find huge similarities between Christ and Krishna. (incarnations of the same consciousness?) Great post, but please let us not loose the life changing spiritual message given in this great, great work. Please each of you, read the Gita, read the Upanishads, Hindu esoteric works, ancient, monumental works. Might I suggest translations by "Eknath Easwaran" He sets up each chapter or each Upanishad for you. He has his own web site. He is on Amazon. Realize who you are.. Aham Brahmasmi!...You are Brahman! NAMASTE!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Really? It must have been a mistranslation, because i have found it in some translations of the Mahabharata and not in others. I suppose then, we can take that extract as suspicious.

Well that's up to interpretation in my opinion, flying around the solar system or a spiritual journey. Its my opinion that the description can suite both of these.

I did not include the stuff about Mohenjo Daro because i did not know of its validity, i only posted an extra video which touched on SOME interesting points to further some discussion.

Originally posted by Charismagic

I wonder if many know that long before the Wright brothers had their first maiden flight, a craft built on the concepts elucidated in the ancient indian texts actually made a passengerless short flight?

Cheers!

It's interesting you bring the Wright brothers into this. I have little knowledge on them and it would be cool if someone could explain any possible inspirations from Indian works? Who knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Serbsta, what I would LOVE for you to do, is when you've finalised all the research, to have a conclusion comparing the differences between them all in respects to creation and 'gods', and then YOUR Point of View on chronological events of 'creation'.... what do you think?

Regards

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
Thank you so much! Great post. The Indian civilization is probably older than that of the Egyptians. The Bhagavad Gita is my favorite book of all time. It is refered to as the "Hindu Bible". It is the "song of God". It takes place during this huge battle, which is a metaphor for the struggle within each of us as we search for God. It's not really about a battle, the battle is the metaphor for the struggle...the interior against the exterior, materialism vs. spirituality.

I was wondering about that. Im assuming youre of Hindu heritage? Is this the common Hindu perspective on the Bhagavad Gita, that the whole battle is just a metaphor? Or is this at least debated by some?

reply to post by Julie Washington

I really do not know, what do you think?

reply to post by Im a Marty

Yea, i will be having an Addendum. That's if I ever actually get to finish what i've planned.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For an epic story of make believe, they sure go into great detail to describe these ships what they could and couldn't do etc. etc.. And then there is the Indus valley with the radiation and possible nuclear blast. I wonder has there been any MS studies and or MSM that have researched and went to this area to say "yep, this skeleton is radioactive as hell". Theres another place in Lybia called the glass desert which has the ground or sand turned to glass. If you wiki it you will find out about it, the scientists still can't figure out how that could have happened. I can, a nuke went off in that area back long ago. And then there was the comment from Oppenhiemer "Well – yes, in modern times, of course" in regard to a nuclear detonation being done before.

I truly believe that the elite from business, politics and religion in the world know that we are descendants of a golden age of man where we almost destroyed each other. Friends of mine have said, if so where is the remains of vehicles and equipment that would be scattered around after the fall. I told them that if far enough back in time much of that would have been rusted away. Another is that we have discovered some equipment and such but it's being stored and stashed away from the eyes of the world by said people who I mentioned. And finally the most critical and can't be disputed, is the great flood. All cultures have reference to this cataclysm and how it somehow wiped out th world and then somebody or diety brought life (man and woman) back to the world to repopulate after the water is gone (almost every culture). So lets look at it this way, the last Ice age was going strong back 20,000 years ago. The sea levels where at least 130 meters lower than today. I posted on some other forums sites that showed the water level being lowered (just google) and you can see how much more land we have with the receding ocean by 130 meters. And since many of the civilizations of old and new tend to have their biggest cities close to bodies of water, if a sudden cataclysm of water deluge came about in a tsunami and/or tidal wave at minimum 500 meter high it could take out those major areas which in turn may have had many of those special ships and devices and such being used extensively in those areas (heck even the pyramids show where water used to be).

I didn't put a time, but I believe that our golden age society (maybe for sum if not all) of the past was rocking and rolling back at least 20,00, with the changes in weather from the ice sheets (remember the ice sheets where at least a mile high in north america) which made some parts arid but much of the other land areas more fertile (especially the lands not covered by ocean or seas anymore) and more like a archapelego. During these battles and conflict we had a cataclysm happened and we became survivors. They know but can't or won't tell, because I believe it destroys the world view of the people in charge. If all of a sudden you found out that many of the science and technological advances where coming out of areas of the world you thought was primative, it brings into question who's the primative? As a scholar and a politician, you wan't knowledge like that to be hidden and/or destroyed because it destroys your argument of I'm superior because of my place in the world and world view, and you aren't and it gives me power. It would literally turn the world upside down.

We are a race that are being told don't look at the man behind the curtain. We have evidence that points to ancient people doing things that we couldn't do today (Pyramids to name one). Almost every country has a vested interest to hide and obfuscate history, because THEY want to make it seem that OUR people in said country did these monuments (like the pyramids, try to do research without the egyptian antiquites bird dogging you and telling you no or you can't). More and more evidence is showing that the pyramids where quarried by abrasive tools and lifted by some form of anti-gravity. It's a conspiracy of silence and they acknowledge it by quiet consent and by mutual action. Becuase many have alot to lose and have found common ground on that.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
For an epic story of make believe, they sure go into great detail to describe these ships what they could and couldn't do etc. etc.. And then there is the Indus valley with the radiation and possible nuclear blast. I wonder has there been any MS studies and or MSM that have researched and went to this area to say "yep, this skeleton is radioactive as hell". Theres another place in Lybia called the glass desert which has the ground or sand turned to glass. If you wiki it you will find out about it, the scientists still can't figure out how that could have happened. I can, a nuke went off in that area back long ago. And then there was the comment from Oppenhiemer "Well – yes, in modern times, of course" in regard to a nuclear detonation being done before.

Interesting post, i agree with you in some respects, so thanks for the taking the time to write that up. But with that bolded statement above, i had trouble finding actual evidence that this could have been the result of nuclear activity, surely there could be other natural or more 'worldly' explanations for it happening, no?

But i definitely agree with you though, i think a lot of our ancient history is being suppressed. To what extent? Well, that is up for debate, but whether it is happening or not is out of the question in my opinion, it most certainly is. Iraq is one area which is very suspicious, and being one of the contenders for the 'cradle of civilization', it really makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

I would really like to hear more on this
do you have any links??

OP great thread!! I like threads like this, it gives me a starting point to read about. When it comes to all the ancient civilizations I get confused sometimes
I am really looking forward the Egyptians part of this series. Ancient Egypt is probably my favorite civilization of all time.

As for this thread I have always felt that these people developed their own nuclear type weapon and destroyed a lot of the planet and their people. I believe they had a lot of things that we just cant comprehend them to have like bombs and aircraft. I also think that maybe someone found this information and that is how we have some of the weapons we have. This is all just speculation but after reading about ancient warfare that is my own personal opinion...be it one of many however.

S&F!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Charismagic

I would really like to hear more on this
do you have any links??

OP great thread!! I like threads like this, it gives me a starting point to read about. When it comes to all the ancient civilizations I get confused sometimes
I am really looking forward the Egyptians part of this series. Ancient Egypt is probably my favorite civilization of all time.

As for this thread I have always felt that these people developed their own nuclear type weapon and destroyed a lot of the planet and their people. I believe they had a lot of things that we just cant comprehend them to have like bombs and aircraft. I also think that maybe someone found this information and that is how we have some of the weapons we have. This is all just speculation but after reading about ancient warfare that is my own personal opinion...be it one of many however.

S&F!!

Egypt is and always has been the most fascinating for me too.

I don't necessarily believe that humans had nuclear technology in the past, its not that. But, its the fact that it is completely plausible that keeps me interested, and the fact that ancient texts offer vague and possibly metaphoric, yet insightful descriptions of such things only further fuels your need to know more.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have always been interested in Indian history but I have found that it is hard to find reliable sources. You can find a thread here that talks about some of this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Byrd's post a few entries down has a few good links about the 'radioactive' village and some comments on the texts you quoted.

I do you think you did a great job in compiling this information, there were a lot of things that I had not been aware of before. Thanks! s&f!

Edit: I found another thread with good info

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by angrypsycho1977]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by angrypsycho1977

Yup, i've been through both those thread and they had some fantastic information. Thanks for sharing the links though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Interesting. thanks for this post

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic

I really feel sad for you. No matter where in the world you are, no matter whether you were born in India or not, ancient India was an amazing place. Getting to know ancient india and its accomplishments is an epic journey filled with wonder, amazement and increduility. You should try it sometimes.

Edited to correct typos

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Charismagic]

Indeed it is, but i just don't see how one can establish whether these texts are metaphorical or literal records of accounts. I suppose one can just stay on the border eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join