It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we do ANYTHING?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Currently I am reading the book the Grapes of Wrath and I notice that in the book it mentions how people used to take action back then. I am not talking about go online and rant about it while calling around to get a petition signed, I am talking about taking physical action against the problems. In the book people would stand on their porch with a gun to protect their land. Today if we have a problem we do nothing important. If somebody is benefiting from whatever they are doing, they aren't going to stop because you have a bunch of signatures saying "Please stop it." So I guess my question is why don't we take real physical action/take a stand against corrupt politicians and corporations?

P.S.: I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but it seemed the best fitting to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

I wish I knew why we do nothing.

What should we do, exactly? We only have the power of our vote.

Or if we could get anough people of one mind, we could do anything!

Unfortunately, people are too busy hating each other.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

yea.. and being lazy and selfish,people dont care anymore thats the true problem. If they gave a damn about humanity and others things might be different.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I'm not sure. Maybe stop buying a product or over throw a company by force if they are just being corrupt and unfair. If the government isn't listening to us we just don't listen to them. If everybody does it nothing will happen to us, but they will learn the important fact that the majority can easily overthrow the minority.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Yes,

And humans must be the only species that hates each other - how does that make sense? It doesn't. For one thing, you are not going to survive if you hate your own species.

We have to get together - and that will not happen, so we won't survive - simple and sad.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
"We"? So, what are you doing? There is no "we"; there are just individuals, each of whom can act on his/her own, or band together. But it's up to individuals to make that choice.

I think you'll find a lot of people here on ATS who do spend most of their time complaining or venting. The people who are actually doing something, are probably out there actually doing it, and don't have time for ATS. But everyone has to start somewhere. No one can take effective action, until s/he knows what's wrong and what actions would help fix that. Those who come to ATS are likely relatively new, people who have just started to learn how unreliable MSM and the PTB are. Many of us aren't ready to take action yet. We're still trying to grasp the enormity of the problem, trying to see if maybe it's not so bad, trying to figure out just what does need to be done.

Maybe ATS is like a school where you go to learn. When you graduate, then you go out and do something. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

Depends on what type of action you are speaking about.

If your meaning stand up and use violence, thats just going to get you violence in return.

The only real way you can do anything is to leave the system completely in large numbers but that is no easy thing to do when you start off in the shadows. Even if you could somehow do this you would probably end up with a bullet through your head.

In the meantime you can always mess up the data held on you, write off debts using the law, teach others about what is going on, help other people who need your help, speak up when you get the chance and if you do not then put yourself where you can get that chance. Read up on how the system works beginning with your birth certificate, learn about the monetary system, learn the real reason that this is happening, learn the law because your going to need it soon and learn exactly what you should be doing to begin with, which is all of the above.

Just remember that it is a game but it has consequences depending on your choices. Everyone will eventually know what is going on, it will be up to each individual to make choices and there will be a time that it is too late.

There is also no such thing as a NWO, it is repackaged scripture. That alone might give you an idea of what is going on.

Also, if you are meaning taking political action such as getting into politics you will be corrupted as you cannot get anywhere without corruption as I found out myself.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I would love to yeild a gun and get happy in parliment but the truth is we do not understand whats going on behind closed doors, the oppression were currently facing from our leaders could be part of a plan for greater prosperity for all.
We just dont know, and untill we do we cant do anything, and i dont think anyone is going to tell us whats going on.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Why don't we do anything? Because people are consumed by their own affairs. 30 years ago, you could pay a mortgage and support a large family with one simple income. A five day a week job.

Now, the "cost of living" has conveniently skyrocket, meaning people have less time, and more problems of their own to deal with.

That and people are convinced that evil only exists in Hollywood movies...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
I'm not sure. Maybe stop buying a product or over throw a company by force if they are just being corrupt and unfair. If the government isn't listening to us we just don't listen to them. If everybody does it nothing will happen to us, but they will learn the important fact that the majority can easily overthrow the minority.

Whether or not you participate in the voting process, the government is still voted in by you and are your representative, abstaining is still voting by default. If your government is not listening to you, then it is your responsibility to make your government listen to you. If you wish to overthrow the government then you will have to get off your own arse and organise that opposition. If others do not care and you do, it is up to you to demonstrate why you care and why they should too. Political movements and opposition do not come from nowhere, they take years, decades of planning and determination.

If all that sounds a little bit too much like hard work, and it does often to me, then work out a way in which you can make a difference, or how you can show your defiance, and at least lead by example. And, there is plenty of opposition out there already, sign up to something, if that doesn't suit try something else, and so on and so forth. Do anything, but don't get apathetic and for god's sake don't hark on about the good old days when people stood up for themselves, look at the world, did it help them, no, the PTB just gave us a war to distract us, just like they are trying to do now. Makes them money, keeps us out of mischief. Look for something new, look for dynamism and if you can't find it, make it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thank FDR and the then current congress for that. Just saying.............And thank an American people who believed that a federal government would solve all problems. The idea of a central governme took hold. Both major parties since then have pushed thiis idea of a central federal goverment. They have different ideas of how to do this, but the end result is control of people and power to "the party". You do know where this has gotten us? Either major party in control, and citizens controlled by a federal government. If you don't see this, you are a silly ass.

What's the end result? No power to the people.

The politics of America is just like being in high school. The most handsome guy is elected senior class president, the hottest gal is elected prom queen. Silly #. My mom voted for Jimmy Csrter because he had a nice smile. How many people voted for GWB because he would be a nice guy to have a beer with? Or Hillarry because she downed a shot? Meanwhile, she didn't. Or Joe Biden said "I am blue collar man?

Heh. Silly humans.

You silly #s.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Television and the internet have transformed us from doers into observers. This is why Bush was able to do everyting he did and why it contininues under Obama. until it becomes a real matter of life and death for someone we're all going to do precisely what were doing here; talk about the problem instead of doing something. This is the greatest downside to the technological revolution.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The only way to do something is to get more power than the nwo, ennemy, whatever it is. Is it possible for normal people? no. Is it possible for me? Yes. But that needs a load of time to get Power. But why people dont move? Coz they have been brainwashed and just 'cannot' make any move on their own. It is impossible to unbrainwash them. It is a very vicious trap, fortunaly i didnt fall in it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Television and the internet have transformed us from doers into observers. This is why Bush was able to do everyting he did and why it contininues under Obama. until it becomes a real matter of life and death for someone we're all going to do precisely what were doing here; talk about the problem instead of doing something. This is the greatest downside to the technological revolution.

We have to first find ways to verify the probabilities through education and research. There is also the need to be validated by others. Maybe we are all just doing that now, before telling two friends who will tell two friends da da da.
There are tea parties and other protests. Pittsburgh!! 911 NYC.
Find news alternative to the main stream.
No one ever said freedom is cheap.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Currently I am reading the book the Grapes of Wrath and I notice that in the book it mentions how people used to take action back then. I am not talking about go online and rant about it while calling around to get a petition signed, I am talking about taking physical action against the problems. In the book people would stand on their porch with a gun to protect their land. Today if we have a problem we do nothing important. If somebody is benefiting from whatever they are doing, they aren't going to stop because you have a bunch of signatures saying "Please stop it." So I guess my question is why don't we take real physical action/take a stand against corrupt politicians and corporations?

P.S.: I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but it seemed the best fitting to me.

People do still take action. We call them terrorists.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So what should we do? Stand on our porch with a "gun"? Please
help us with what we are to do and how to go about doing it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I agree with you on the buing thing.
We do not Need much from the stores, if we only bought the essentials for a long period of time, they would be loosing billions a day...

And the train of thought goes over to : but what about chips for the game ? or the new PS3 game thats out now ? Well, in short time, PS3 will be banned or illegal due to waste of resources if you dont stand up to it..

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

why don't we take real physical action/take a stand against corrupt politicians and corporations?

We do nothing because we have water, food, gas, and electricity. Take any of these away and people will wake up rather quickly to take action. TPTB know this and therefore will keep the supply lines moving to keep the sheep asleep.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We don't take action because governments and the powers that be today are almost omnipresent. The advancement of technology used to combat such resistance has advanced considerably in the past couple decades. Any action would be quickly snuffed if there wasn't a large amount of people involved. Which is another issue all together.

We as a species aren't going to do anything rash that would threaten our survival. We are by nature a very selfish being. Self-preservation ultimately comes before ones own ideals. Not to mention that without the majority backing whatever the individual is doing, they will likely feel uncomfortable taking action.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by norbin]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's many reasons. I've asked this question to myself many times. It's bothered me alot. First off, mens testosterone counts have dwindled in the last half century due to endocrine disruptors. There's androgen blockers, estrogen blockers...our hormones are all screwed up. People are dumbed down, for real. Heavy metals in food, water, air. Pesticides, herbicides. Processed foods have nutrients stripped from them. Most people are malnourished. Okay, so health is a factor.

Information control. The tele only has a couple hundred channels, yet millions of people tune into these same sources. 85% of the programming is run from 6 main networks. News gets it's feeds from the associated press, and reuters. Reuters owns associated press. World bank owns reuters. Rothschild owns world bank. People are conditioned from the idiot box not to do something.

False beliefs. Most people like to keep it simple. They think of themselves as decent, and it makes them feel good about who they are and where they live in to think the same of their community and country. We're brainwashed from an early age, in school, to pledge allegiance towards our nation!

People are overworked, overstressed, immune-systems are compromised, most suffer from a range of undiagnosed, sub-clinical diseases. We don't have enough energy to make a stand. Not until we must or else perish. That moment may come in the next few years. It's a reality for some now, but not yet the majority. Only time will tell where this mess leads us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join