It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my gf's peta teacher is saying trapping is illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
my gf's 10yo son has been trapping with me in pa. since the season opened.
his teacher asked what he did over the weekend and he said said trapping with my mom's bf
she said it was illegal to trap animals.
wtf are they teaching kids in school- he can't even name all 50 states on the map? personal opinions about something is not teaching. and not only that she blatently lied to him.
we are going to get answers tomorrow- i doubt he is lying to me
i am licensed to trap in season and go by the rules.
so wtf is a teacher to tell my mentor it is illegal and call the cops on me?
esp. when the cops have no authority- the game commission does not her because she doesn't ike it.
i might send him to school with an oppossum with an "obama sucks" badge on it and see what she she thinks
what do you trappers and hunters think??
this is the brainwashing of our children.
be back tomorrow after my gf gets it straightened out

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've been very wary of PETA ever since I discovered the PetaKillsAnimals.com site. I don't like that they target young people and warp their minds into thinking eating meat is evil. I find it also very disappointing that local animal shelters have done far more for helping animals than PETA ever has.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You know, there needs to be a national code of conduct regarding teachers, and what can and cannot be "taught" in school. Lately, more and more of what is "taught" is nothing more than political opinion, disguised as fact.
As a retired professor, I saw too much of it where I taught, and it was disgusting.
Unfortunately, you will NEVER get such a code of conduct, as long as the NEA and other teacher unions exist.
Unions have NO PLACE in education. Period!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

i love to hunt trap and fish but ty for saying they warp kids minds.
i do not in anyway condone torture of animals but it is a way of life to kill and eat animals.
fora teacher to brainwash kids i just believe is wrong.
as i said personal beliefsdon't belong in a classroom

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yea you are very right- UNIONS SUCK
teachers are some of the worst- they don't care-and make a lot of money(that they still bitch they don't make enough) but get 1/2 the year off- i wish i could make that and only work 6 months a year
but to brainwash kids is wrong and that is what this thread is about
10 yo's are - impressionable thank godhe isn't swayed towards it
where the hell is ted nugent when we need him lol?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

eachers are some of the worst- they don't care-and make a lot of money(that they still bitch they don't make enough) but get 1/2 the year off- i wish i could make that and only work 6 months a year but to brainwash kids is wrong and that is what this thread is about

Perhaps I was not clear. There should be a code of conduct, and included in that code, would be an edict that prevents teachers from giving their OPINIONS on issues. I thought that the implication was clear, but I guess not.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

no got what you said-don't get me wrong and sorry if you took that the wrong way.
the code of conduct you mean is really what i was talking about to begin with
when i was in college my professer wanted to go to a protest and i said no you aren't i'm paying and you will be holding class he said nope so i went to the dean and guess what we had class the next day.
personal beliefs do not nor should be taught in the classroom sorry that is what i believe
your beliefs should be expressed in a bar or social occasion-not to 10 yo's ina classroom

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

i might send him to school with an oppossum with an "obama sucks" badge on it and see what she she thinks

OMG! If you do that you will be my personal hero and I will vote for you in the next Presidential election. If you are legally trappng and have a license to do so then how can she say that is illegal. We ought to be able to buy a license to trap PETA members.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ever consider it might have been an innocent mistake - - that the teacher really thought it was illegal?

Maybe you should take it down a notch - - until you speak with the teacher.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You and your girl friend need to go into that school and sit that teacher down and have her explain herself. If it is a private school, then definately read the rules, if it is a public school, then demand what right the teacher has to push her agenda on the students. Was this done infront of the other students? Definately wear fur and leather when you see the teacher and make sure you son has alot of meat to eat every day while attending class. My view point of the teacher is to teach the students and prepare them for life. If the child is misbehaving, let the parents know and the parents handle it, but not to push a political agenda. Also keep your eyes open for other things, and review with the child about exactly he is learning in school as well, you might be surprised.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

onfg!! yeah if i could i would but the would expel them- which is hypocrital because they have a dress code but say you can only wear what we say but in the handbook it says they will not infringe on the 1st amendment.
so i want an obama sucks button and have them wear wear it

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well I think the point is that she has no business discussing it with his gf's son in class unless she is teaching hunting law.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

it is a public school- and my gf is going to call them tomorrow and get it straightened out- she doesn't want me there because i am nasty
so we need to find out what they say and then i might go in and cause a ruckus
not my kids but i do pay taxes for the school district so i have a right to bitch

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well that is why we are waiting until tomorrow- but idoubt it is an INNOCENT mistake

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

and if it was "innocent mistake" she shouldn't be telling gullible children what is right and wrong when she has no idea herself
get your facts straight before you preach
hasn't that been clear on here for years?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Absolutely you should be upset. I have been a hunter and fisher since I was old enough to walk and shoot, but have never gotten too evolved in trapping. I would also be in the school the next day to have a chat with the teacher. Pure BS if it's true, I hope you put it to her.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I think my pathetic state of california is rubbing off on that teacher. Its all about pushing propaganda. Be careful. If you are vocal about your disagreement, the teacher may feel it warrents a cps investigation for subjecting the child to cruel torture.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
reply to post by Annee

well that is why we are waiting until tomorrow- but idoubt it is an INNOCENT mistake

Hey - I'm in Arizona. Shot my first gun when I was four.

She/he didn't say it was wrong. She/he said it was illegal. In some places it probably is.

Now if the teacher went off on some rant about hunting and save the animals - - that would be different.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well as far as i know she said it was illegal to trap and belittled him in front of the entire class.
before you go and tell kids something you should know the facts- that is why it is teaching!
how would parents feel if i was a teacher and said what hitler did to the jews was the right thing to do? i would be exiled to antarctica if i was lucky
and yes trapping is illegal in some places but not here
the point is personal and politcal agendas-propoganda- DO NOT belong in the classroom
i'll have the lowdown in a few hours

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It is a public school- and my gf is going to call them tomorrow and get it straightened out- she doesn't want me there because i am nasty
so we need to find out what they say and then i might go in and cause a ruckus
not my kids but i do pay taxes for the school district so i have a right to bitch

Been there, done that, i have had collage professors that did not like me because i worked in the gold mining industry.
I was not bashful about telling them what i thought of them.
and sometimes in colorful language.

Good thing it was a collage where collorful language was not a big deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join