It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

my gf's peta teacher is saying trapping is illegal

page: 5
2
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This reminds me of when I was in school and somehow my teacher got on the subject of drugs.
Somehow the conversation went to marijuana and her saying it is highly addictive and has made people go permanently insane.

Some teachers just don't know how to keep their personal opinions to themselves and other times just spout out obvious propaganda that they ignorantly believe to be true.

I always figured teachers are a lot like parents in the respect that they are only human and try to teach you what they themselves learned and believe is true. It's not always their fault that they don't have the facts right. Kids need to learn early on to take what they are taught with discretion and to question everything even if the information comes from someone they trust.




posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
This reminds me of when I was in school and somehow my teacher got on the subject of drugs.
Somehow the conversation went to marijuana and her saying it is highly addictive and has made people go permanently insane.

Some teachers just don't know how to keep their personal opinions to themselves and other times just spout out obvious propaganda that they ignorantly believe to be true.

I always figured teachers are a lot like parents in the respect that they are only human and try to teach you what they themselves learned and believe is true. It's not always their fault that they don't have the facts right. Kids need to learn early on to take what they are taught with discretion and to question everything even if the information comes from someone they trust.


The research varies. Not saying your teachers right, but when I'm in my psychology classes the information isn't that different than this. Though they won't say it is addictive they will say that some people aren't able to stop while others can (the research on addictiveness for some ppl is just coming out). The drug does effect chemicals in the brain and prolonged use can trigger psychosis. Though it isn't a cause of it, the gene would likely not be set off if the person hadn't done the drug (you already have to have the dormant gene). I wouldn't recommend a teacher discuss a topic that isn't in the curriculum or a topic they are not equipt to cover (not having a PHd in Psych or medicine.. etc). I can see how this topic would be difficult since the drug is not well understood and even today new research on it is coming to light.



posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
anything can be addictive- depends on whether or not it is mental or physical is the difference. i'm a smoker and addicted but i'm telling you it is more mental than it is physical. hell i'm addicted to watching football. some people it is sex or food or alcohol- the list goes on and on.
anyway said teachernever called back monday so we showed up at the appointed time on tuesday afternoon but she never did
so back to square 1 again but she scheduled an appointment now for this tuesday at a time we can't go so have to call and get blown off again



posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
anything can be addictive- depends on whether or not it is mental or physical is the difference. i'm a smoker and addicted but i'm telling you it is more mental than it is physical. hell i'm addicted to watching football. some people it is sex or food or alcohol- the list goes on and on.
anyway said teachernever called back monday so we showed up at the appointed time on tuesday afternoon but she never did
so back to square 1 again but she scheduled an appointment now for this tuesday at a time we can't go so have to call and get blown off again

Wow, this teacher is really dodging you. She must have something to hide. Very much a sign of guilt right there.



posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ok my gf finally got to meet with the teacher and she said that her son brought up the fact he was helping me to trap and defended herself because she said it was ok for her to say something in front of the class because he brought it up first.
so if a child says something you don't agree with you should belittle them in front of the eintire classroom now? why not just take them out in the hallway and say"please don't talk about these things in front of the other kids"?
rifle season for deer opens monday so this could get really good now when he goes in and says i got some


[edit on 25-11-2009 by bigfoot1212]



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's time for you to sue. No I am not kidding...

At least seek cheap or free legal advice on the matter. Teachers can't just walk into school and knowingly preach lies about the United States legal system to a minor.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Perhaps I was not clear. There should be a code of conduct, and included in that code, would be an edict that prevents teachers from giving their OPINIONS on issues. I thought that the implication was clear, but I guess not.


When I was a kid in school in the 70's my teachers would give their opinions in discussions of topics we were being taught. I see nothing wrong with this. But, they respected the curriculum and made sure to tell us their opinions were not part of the lesson and that they were only opinions. That is what must be enforced in schools.

Teachers should not be allowed to state opinions as statements of fact.

I am a fisherman myself. If my kid came home and told me his teacher said fishing was illegal I'd be all over her the next day like white on rice.

Teachers do not only lie to kids through their misstated opinions, they lie to the kids through government approval. Here are some other things teachers lie about. Download this book by James W, Lowen called, " Lies My teacher told Me"

rs55l3.rapidshare.com...



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
ok my gf finally got to meet with the teacher and she said that her son brought up the fact he was helping me to trap and defended herself because she said it was ok for her to say something in front of the class because he brought it up first.


Let me get this right. The teacher thought she had to defend her personal view because he brought up the fact that he had been trapping with you? That is misconduct in my book right there. She has admitted her guilt. She is there to teach the lesson, not to teach or defend her personal views.

This teacher sounds like a kid out of high school. To me, she should not be teaching any child if she cant tell the difference between what she should teach and what she should make clear is her opinion.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


that is exactly why we are pissed. as i have said teachers have a right to their opinion and open it for discussion-and debate- between the kids-but not the right to lie and berate impressionable children because of their opinion.
if teachers doesn't know facts then wtf are they teaching? only their opinions?



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join