It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I see a change in military regulations to allow soldiers to carry live ammo while inside the USA in the immediate future. Nobody needs to be killed for any reason. This is a tragedy.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Local Scanner Feed: www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=219

PD just said "one is still on the loose" and for units to check in every hour.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
I just spoke to one of my employees that just got out of the military and was stationed at Fort Hood... He said that the place where the shooting happened is where they usually get all their vaccinations before they are deployed...

Not sure if it's worth mentioning... just wanted to add some information that I just received.

Can anyone say... Flu vaccination

Oooh Man! There's an angle I'm SURE the establishment would not want us hearing....

But frankly, I can't see soldiers being told to fo through the trouble of arming themselves just to get a flu shot.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

oh my god.

Not sure if the local stations have live feeds online but here are the websites.

kxxv.com abc
kcen.com cbs
kwtx.com nbc

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Oh what a bunch of BULL#! No patriot is going perpetuate wanton violence on innocent people. Now if this same type of violence was perpetrated against Tim Geithner, Bernanke, congressman who voted for the bailout, Donald Rumsfeld, Chaney, Bush, hell even Obama than they might be thought of as Patriots. But innocents? No way! Innocents include women and children. remember that.

CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Justaposter

And one of the areas hit was the PX. Oh dear God.. this is really scary folks.

What is a PX?

For those who don't live there.

It's like our version of the NAAFI. I used to love my trips to the American PX when i served in Germany, everything was a fraction of the British prices and getting a McDonalds was like one big party! They just seemed so excited and enthusiastic!

Back on topic, there is lots of talk on the news about the possibility of soldiers with PTSD doing this. I think thats bad until they know for sure.

Soldiers with PTSD don't tend to organize a group rampage.

They are talking about the fact that there are so many armed soldiers there so God help the shooters, but it might not work like that. So much confusion will be at that place right now, i doubt they'll just let all the soldiers go hunting these guys down.

CX.

link   
Could be somebodies notion of patriotism, fighting the evil government type thing?

?

link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Army spokesman Lt Col Nathan Banks at the Pentagon told the Associated Press news agency the shootings had begun at about 1330 (1930 GMT) on Thursday at a personnel and medical processing centre at Fort Hood.

He said two shooters had been involved.

The second incident took place at a theatre on the base, he said.

link   
Wow talk about some masonic/eery symbols on all those insignias on the Welcome sign to Ft. Hood..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I say take the soldiers out of lock down and arm them up. 35,000 armed soldiers vs. 1 or 2 shooters...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
wow
who in their right mind would attack A FORT???

and 3 people???

3 people against war troops?

i bet it's a bunch of kids

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Watching Fox *GASP*. A general is saying that M16s were involved and that it is VERY easy to get on Ft. Hood and only a DL is required and there are a number of gates to get on.

Wow. Air Force is very different in regards to security. It is very hard to get on an AF base.

[edit on November 5th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Justaposter

And one of the areas hit was the PX. Oh dear God.. this is really scary folks.

What is a PX?

For those who don't live there.

"Post Exchange". An on-base store.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
I just spoke to one of my employees that just got out of the military and was stationed at Fort Hood... He said that the place where the shooting happened is where they usually get all their vaccinations before they are deployed...

Not sure if it's worth mentioning... just wanted to add some information that I just received.

Can anyone say... Flu vaccination

How about before we start throwing ridiculous allegations around we let this thing end. Who cares what started it, people are getting dying out there......period

CX

link   
Retired General on the phone saying the weapons used were M16's, not that it means it's definately soldiers.

He also says that it's easy to get into Fort Hood, all you need is a driving license. Not neccessarily checked for weapons either.

CX.

link   
Retired Army General Bob Scales has now raised the specter of this being some form of terrorist attack....

Interesting how this develops in the news room.... considering all the 'consultants' scrambling to add their .02

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Listening to the Fort Hood police talk about going in with the SWAT team right now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not sure if it's an actual troop or not, but a call just came into the local PD that a man with a gun & fatigues is at the Dollar Store. SWAT & units from the base are being mobilized.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Daughter just got off the phone with a friend at Ft. Hood. They have deployed helicopters and all force to find the shooter.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
Not sure if it's an actual military unit or not, but a call just came into the local PD that a man with a gun & fatigues is at the Dollar Store. SWAT & units from the base are being mobilized.

Geez

This is really outta hand at the moment

Hopefully the army base will learn not to be so complacent next time. How the hell did they get their hands on assault rifles and sniper rifles

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join