It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Good luck to everyone!
Gonna be fun to follow.
S~

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Another communism debate for me

Wormwood, no fair quoting me to myself on this one. Just 'cause I thought communism was great last spring doesn't mean I won't reverse myself now

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Another communism debate for me

Pretty easy to debate a political ideology that you live your life by isnt it

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd like to know who came up with these topics. Wow, NICE!

Didn't see half of these coming.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Oh goodie ... I get to defend government intervention and additional taxation to my fellow ATS members ...

CHISSLER!!!

j/k obviously, I actually look forward to it ... who knowz, I might even learn me a thing or two.

Good luck everyone, all great topics indeed!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
(grabs a HUGE bag of non-taxed chips)

ready when you are schrodingers!!!!

This is one debate that will taste great and be more filling than the rest....

(Sorry for the puns I'm exhausted and well girl things, you know)

[edit on 14-12-2009 by vkey08]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Honest feedback is very welcomed on this guys.

We're trying to spread it out, catch some people off guard a bit but make sure we're staying true to what ATS represents. If you have any suggestions for future topics in the later rounds, forward them to me. I won't respond to any suggestions that are made, however they will be added to my list. No topics are ever confirmed with those that submit them as nobody knows what topics are being used until the thread(s) are announced.

But with a few more rounds in front of us, more topics are required.

We've got some great ones and we're still saving some juicy ones for the latter rounds.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by chissler

Okies. Well I'm off to bed. I'll find out who I'm up against etc in the morning I guess.

You should have videoed the 2nd round draw and put it on the portal

Nite all

Oh you should have stayed up a little longer!!!

I drew you, gonna be a goood one I think

And parallex vs WUK is going to be an absolute cracker, lol. Two of the biggest ego's on ATS collide

[edit on 14/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

You cheeky git!

Remind me to bitchslap you with a trout.

By the way, whoever chose the topic subjects is a legend. I've been absolutely gifted with a doozy of a subject.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We should be able to get this round in prior to the holidays and then we'll take a short break until the New Year.

If anything arises, just communicate with your opponent and keep me in the loop.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Its Uk vs Aus in a battle revolving round anarchy! Surely not an accident

Time wise its a doozey though. We're on opposite sides of the clock. Hopefully we can manage it between us.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whoever came up with the Debate Topics - good job

Im crushed that Im missing this Tournament.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey, has anyone fired off a U2U to ww and nyk?

I'd hate to see them miss their opening post deadline.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hi vkey ... regarding:

"(A personal addendum here at the end for all: If I ask for an extension tomorrow or whenever, I apologize in advance, an organization i am currently involved in litigation with tried to scare me away by filing complaints with CPS about my parenting abilities, it's all coming to a head now and looks like it's going to be a fight even though they have no evidence...it is kind of the most important thing on my mind right now..)

Obviously RL considerations come first.

What I'll do out of courtesy is wait until the last possible minute to post so as to give you the maximum amount of time possible between posts. Take your extension if you need it, and if you require additional time, I am happy to wait a little longer.

Just let me know.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
will do, this came out of nowhere and I need to find out if it's more scare tactics or something more substantive. I will U2U both you and Chissler when I know tomorrow afternoon what is really going on...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

sign me up im bored \o/ i could do with a good debate.

2nd line

oh guess i missed it LoL debate on anarchy aye oo sounds ... erm yeah fun!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am all for open communication between debaters to make time limits work for one another. If at any time someone feels they are being taken advantage of, you are within your right to move ahead with your post and it would never be held against you. But real life presents itself and if we communicate with one another openly, we can make the best of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And I've updated the title of this thread to keep members from attempting to sign up. If someone has a better title, be sure to throw it out there.

This thread can continue to serve as a means for us all to discuss the tournament as it plays out. Just a friendly reminder that it is in bad form to discuss an ongoing debate. Wait until a debate concludes to voice in.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wukky, Para, you do realize this is not a race, right? You're making the rest of us slowpokes look bad
I mean, you guys are halfway done and a couple of us haven't even gotten started yet!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

When the fire of debate burns brightly, the need to pour on the waters of truth grows ever stronger!

Up your game me old dingbat - catch up with us

Parallex.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join