It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Is there a reason why my Fighter status has been revoked and I had no access to submit my reply for my debate?

Is this a glitch or have I unknowingly done something wrong?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Ive alerted your issue to Debate-Staff so that it gets fixed.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thankyou, I've also contacted chissler about this.

Appreciated.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Your Fighter-Status has been restored by Supermoderator masqua.

PS: Nobody in his right mind believes its necessary to argue that McCartney is alive

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thankyou and thanks to masqua. Do you know what happened, just a glitch?

That's what makes this fun, I can see semper suffering with every post he makes in that debate.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey folks ... I just wanted to throw a thought out there for future consideration.

What do you think about maybe removing the post "star" feature from debate posts?

I'm sure the judges don't read anything into such things as stars on debate posts but I suppose they could have a discouraging affect on a fighter, especially if they are more indicative of a member's popularity than on the quality of a particular post.

I know this might sound strange coming from me of all people, but truth is that despite all appearances I tend to be a little hypersensitive to peeps' feelinz ... so much so that I have actually been starring my opponent's posts cause I felt bad.
A strategy that will undoubtably backfire in due course, and one that neither trep or semper need to concern themselves with.

Anyhoot, it's probably a terrible idea for reasons that have yet to dawn on me, and I don't even know what it would involve on the back end as far as coding is concerned, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, for as most of you are now painfully aware I have no inner monologue and pretty much post everything I think.

Also ...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Stars and lack thereof have helped me tremendously in measuring the quality of my Debate thus far and making changes accordingly.

Saying you have starred your opponents post because you feel sorry for him/her is not a compliment of his/her self-confidence.

Dawg-like-wisdom says: Toughen Up.

(My view only, not reflective of staff opinion)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Stars and lack thereof have helped me tremendously in measuring the quality of my Debate thus far and making changes accordingly.

Ah, that's good to know ... for in the future I shall star your posts to lull you into a false sense of security.

Although ... that could be your very intention by making the above statement.

But what if it isn't?

brain implosion in 3 ... 2 ...*

Saying you have starred your opponents post because you feel sorry for him/her is not a compliment of his/her self-confidence.

Not meant in that way at all ... you know that.

Dawg-like-wisdom says: Toughen Up.

But I'm ... ok ... fine, I'll toughen up, but I won't like it!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Nah keep the star system in the debate forum . Such a system in the debate forum is of particular importance because it allows members to reward high quality posts without commenting in the specific thread .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Oh, my word is not the final. Im sure you´ll find allies in any given intention you have. But I always thought you`re into the whole stars/applause/getting attention thing

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My "whoring" of abstract meaningless conceptual comparative metric symbols is over!

Not because I'm a better man mind you ...

Simply because I've ran out of carrots!

reply to post by xpert11

Excellent point!

[edit on 17 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

One gets to the top, there is nothing left to achieve, and one lets go of self and can finally be there for the rest of the world. Thats the journey I guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm ready to post already eco but I've been in your position. Sick kids are taxing. I'll post tomorrow and let me know if you need a further break. RL can kick you in the teeth at times and this should be a good debate. It can wait for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

One gets to the top, there is nothing left to achieve, and one lets go of self and can finally be there for the rest of the world. Thats the journey I guess.

I wish there were words to convey my level of loving agreement with the above statement.

Edit add: Perhaps, in some very small way, that's what is behind my starring my opponent.

[edit on 17 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Edit add: Perhaps, in some very small way, that's what is behind my starring my opponent.

A miniature-version of that indeed, thats what I was getting at.

message to serbsta: twas just a glitch

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ah, that's good to know ... for in the future I shall star your posts to lull you into a false sense of security.

Such a strategy could never work, of course. Sky would see right though it.

Cheers, all. Great tourney happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Well lookie at who has risen out of his proverbial oubliette ...

Debatable Royalty!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Ian McLean

Well lookie at who has risen out of his proverbial oubliette ...

Aah, but whatever happened to the bombpop-eating hexopus, Ian?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Since Wormwood13 has the audacity to have a real life this week, our debate is going to run a bit slow I think ...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Argh ... I sent chissler a U2U, but if any other debate forum mod is around, could you fix the size bb code error on my last post pretty please?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join