It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've u2u'd all 1st round participants to give them the heads up that their debates will be authored in the morning. I've got all the material set and am just waiting to post it.

(I'd love to do it now!)

But it wouldn't be fair as the expectation has been set all along that it would be Monday morning.

...I'm just a little anxious to get this up and running.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Technically Monday morning is at 12:01am ...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Technically, I'd like to kick you in the... oh wait, phones ringing. Back later.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Count me in I can't turn down a good debate

WOW
No disrespect but is that what you really look like?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ay Yo, That's what you think.

Just a heads up, I saw nothing in the rules saying I could not impersonate Rocky Balboa.

*Izzy goes off to train on the carcass of a frozen cow.*

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It would really help me out if you did post on Monday 12:01 am. It is within the time and expectations and stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wondering when this will be posted. Also could we have a LINK to any rules related to this tourney posted with the debate topic announcements.

Now as i understand it. The tourney starts today. Meaning our opening posts must be made within 24 hours of the debate tourney opening. Then we will make 3 replys and a closing statement. Each alternating post using UP TO 24 hours for each side's posts. This means the first roundof the tourney will clearly be running during the US Holiday of Thanksgiving THIS THURSDAY the 26th.

Will we be taking a break during this time? Will there be a 24 hour break on Thanksgiving or not?

I can still commit to making the posts on THANKSGIVING day if required, but most in the USA will have time constraints that day.

TOURNEY OPERATOR, THOUGHTS?

[edit on (11/23/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
All 1st round debates are up and rules are posted in each one.

I'll be around this evening if anyone has any questions.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Excellent topics, all flagged!

Good luck fighters.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Dangit, this should have been my debate...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either side I could have slaughtered on this one.

OR THIS ONE!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

GAH!

Oh well, definitely great reads!

[edit on 11/23/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lots of great topics there! Good luck to all the first round participants

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm ready and doing some research already

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good Luck to Everyone!!

This, I am sure, will be some fascinating reading...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
of course this gets set up on the craziest day at work ever!! lol Trying to get my opening statements in check, but ppl won't leave me alone!! damn it

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My opening post is up and the clock begins ticking.....

Let's see if I'm going to get my butt handed to me....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was so worried I would get a position on an issue I can't connect with. This one will work out, at least I get to argue in line with my personal opinion for my first time out. It will be nice to debate something other than the swine flu conspiracy and do so under a moderated format.

I take it we each have 24 hours from the mods post to get the opening statements in?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That's correct. You always get 24 hours from the timestamp on the last post, whether that's the mod's opening post or an opponent's response.

Also, for those concerned about the holiday, remember that you do get one automatically granted 24-hour extension, and you can claim it as soon as you want -- it starts from when your post would have been due, not from when you ask for it.

So, if your opponent posts at noon on Wednesday, and you don't want to have to post on Thanksgiving Day (for us US residents) you can go ahead and say you're taking the extension right away and your next post won't be due until noon on Friday. Alternatively, you can get the post up on Wednesday afternoon/evening and force your opponent to either post on Thanksgiving or take their extension.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What happens if it's been 24 hours already, the opening post from the starter hasn't been posted and there's no extension request/post made?

My opponent who was to have started this hasn't posted yet and it's been 30 or so hours..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

If that's the case you can post your opening.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Like intrepid said you can go ahead and post and your opponent misses one turn.

Sometimes we fire off a U2U to the other fighter and give them a couple of extra hours, but you are under no obligation to do so.

Heck, intrepid would probably be stepping on his neck by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join