It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Man my topic confused the hell out of me.

But I finally got it thanks to Intrepid. Thanks man.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've been out of town the past 2 days and haven't had much of a chance to be keeping up with what is going on. I tried responding to a few u2u's but I haven't gotten back on all of them. If there are any outstanding issues that need addressing, please contact me to let me know.

Later this evening I'll browse some of the threads to make sure everything is on the up and up.

Hope everyone is having fun so far!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Organizational question:

Can we expect a break of 1-2 days in between each round? Or is this off the table due to time restrictions?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

From what I have seen in tournaments past, you will get a few days off to a week between rounds. It takes time for judges to rule on each round.

Of course that Intrepid guy is a slave master, got to watch him.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was second on the waiting list. How did I get passed up?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

chissler sent us all a U2U that we needed to respond to within 24 hours to be placed on the debate list.

Did you respond to it?

Semper

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Two people have already forfeited their debates...is this counted as a win for me?

One was mine, I was hoping to debate my topic

Well at least the next one should go better

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes

It is a win for you

Semper

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes

It is a win for you

Semper

Ok, so I do get my 2 debate points?

Just curious thats all

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is it to late to sign up?

I would like to participate as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Is it to late to sign up?

I would like to participate as well.

Way too late

The debate tourny has been going a week, although I believe you can still participate in challenge matches

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I can't be sure, but I think with all the people dropping out and joining and the rearranging of the top debater Vs the noobs looks like you are the missing 1.) on the second waiting list posted and you don't appear in any of the others.

Originally posted by chissler

ATS Debate Tournament Roster

(Waiting List...)

(If the tournament is expanded, the names listed below in the following order will assume the first vacant seats, if no other senior debaters cast their name into the mix)

2) mblahnikluver
3) stereovoyaged
4) Agent-ATS
5) hyperion.martin
6) eazyriderl_l
7) Kryties
8) Phedreus
9) SLAYER69
10) nikiano
11) MissMegs
12) Frankidealist35
13) Selahobed
14 Parallex

11th post down

I would not be too mad, all this stuff was very hard to keep track of for all and we are using a new Debate format with 24 debaters and "Bye debaters" and stuff.

I'm sorry to hear you did not make it in, for what ever reason, because a few people did not even show up and post an opening. There will be a Next time tho, make sure you keep a close eye on your position.

My thoughts go out to Oz and Serbsta for missing out on a good debate and congratulations on making it to the second round.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I've gone through 200+ u2u's in my inbox and several hundred in my outbox. None of which were sent and/or received from you. So the only conclusion that I can come to is that in transferring the list into a new post and in the process of updating it, I accidentally left your name off. I do sincerely apologize for this mishap. While there are no tangibles that I can offer to fix this as the tournament has started, I will ask that you contact me via u2u when you have the time and we can figure something out.

This is my mistake and I apologize.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just a heads up to our first round debaters, when a debate is finished could someone u2u me to let me know? That way it can be immediately closed and forwarded to the judges.

Once I contact a judge with notice that a thread is ready to be reviewed, our expectation is that we'll have a response within 72 hours. This way the tournament shouldn't stagnate between rounds, however participants will have a few days rest. Hopefully we don't go much more than a full week in between rounds. One would be great, two would be too much.

'tis appreciated.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Myself and Maxmars have finished our Swine Flu debate - the goose is well and truly cooked

That was a tough one.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Question to the organizers: do you think we could get a bracket diagram posted? I find it fun to follow the debates that way, and helpful to know what opponents I may be facing next.

I'd be happy to prepare and update a graphic to post to this thread if there's interest ... just let me know

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'll have one posted before the 2nd round concludes.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've been unavailable the past couple days so I've just managed to get the debates sent off to the assigned judges. I haven't had to reach out to many judges yet because of the 4 forfeitures in the first round. So if you haven't been contacted as a judge, it is still very possible that you could be used in the second round.

I'll announce results as soon as I have them.

Today being Wednesday, hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week we have the 2nd round up and running.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Question: for challenge matches can I challenge any ATS member to debate any subject we choose? This would be a great conflict resolution tool.

I'm looking forward to the results on my first round debate. I'm currently at a very remote location with only iphone Internet, hope to have my laptop online before next. debate. Thx again for doing this it was a nice change from the usual in thread debating.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That is exactly what challenge matches are about. If the other person agrees to the debate you can have one of the forum moderators set it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join