It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WILL bash on Obama, every chance I can get.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

first off...i think you are almost required by making these types of comments to prove your stance.

But back to this topic, yes, we are, as a people, arrogant as all get out. It's about time someone points it out. We just didn't like hearing it. I didn't like it at first, but then thought about it, and he wasn't really off base.

we look at europe and think "we are so much better" when let's be honest, we should look at them as equals. I am all for national pride, hell, I'm from texas and have a strong pride in my state.

Yes, Europe has it's fair share of shady history, but so do we, and if we would've been around as long as they have, we would have a very similar history as far as i see it. It was a result of the time...no excuse mind you, but an explanation. Does it make us that superior that we chose to ignore the holocaust? that we only chose to fully get involved after we were attacked? that we obliterated two areas? (although provoked)...an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

On a purely trying to be helpful note...it does no good to any cause to be this closed minded. Let's all face it, he is our president at this time, and we all have to deal with the consequences of his actions, and when we have people making these ignorant statements, it harms everyone else who is trying to make positive change

I share some of your sentiments, but lets take a more adult way of going about this....ok?

edit to fix reply to

[edit on 11/4/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What excuses?
Excuses for what? Or are you just listening to all the usual tabloid rhetoric instead of denying ignorance?

How sad.

If all you do is bash, and focus on bashing, I doubt you really have bothered to use that critical thinking part of your brain, and looked at the issue.

Which is very immature.

Why bother come to this site if you can't actualy think for yourself and just listen to the tabloid rhetoric? this is an information gathering site, and you just admitted that you now have the posting equivalant of yahoo.

So go to yahoo.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

What excuses?
Excuses for what? Or are you just listening to all the usual tabloid rhetoric instead of denying ignorance?

How sad.

If all you do is bash, and focus on bashing, I doubt you really have bothered to use that critical thinking part of your brain, and looked at the issue.

Which is very immature.

Why bother come to this site if you can't actualy think for yourself and just listen to the tabloid rhetoric? this is an information gathering site, and you just admitted that you now have the posting equivalant of yahoo.

So go to yahoo.

WHAT!?
Im sorry, but is that the best you can come up with? The fact that I listen to"tabloids". Where did you get that from my post? I told you how I felt, and you dont like it. You are MAD because someone actually has the balls to say what others wont. I didnt get this oppinion from some news station or magazine like you would lovefor me to have done, I got my own opinion by paying attention. Go back to the threads BEFORE the election.
You will see I have been very much a part of taking in all the information I can as much as I can. So far I have seen NOTHING of Importance this man has promised to the people.
You do me a favor...list me 5 great things this president has done for us.
Just 5. thats all I ask. He has had ONE YEAR, I am SURE you can find 5 Great accomplishments this man has created. Happy Hunting.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So who did you vote for? Who is your paragon of presidentiality that you wish had won the election?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Signals

Let's all face it, he is our president at this time, and we all have to deal with the consequences of his actions, and when we have people making these ignorant statements, it harms everyone else who is trying to make positive change

I share some of your sentiments, but lets take a more adult way of going about this....ok?

huh? I agree wholeheartedly with your statement but am not sure if you're addressing me or the OP?

My point was simple....why is this thread in a General Conspiracy Discussion?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Bash away i enjoy it and you saved me having to type it.

Remember according to most of these posters the only way to prove that you are not one of the "sheeple" is to blindlessy follow, support and protect BHO. They want you to "deny ingnorance" which is anything they disagree with.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

sorry...i replyed to the wrong guy...

my bad!
for me

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by yadda333

Ghandi was never awarded a nobel peace prize. It's been without meaning for some time now. I don't see Obama as worthy of this award yet. So how can somebody not be worthy of an award that has no meaning?

In the same way that a bank can charge for an overdraft fee. Value and merit are not always the same.

Well that's a very obscure and amusing answer!

I would say that value and merit are interchangeable, and your analogy of the overdraft fee makes no sense.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think Barry found out its not quite like they said it was in the brochure. And I think Barry's owners are showing some disappointment in his failure to deliver on the promises he made them.
It all sounded sooooooooo good,
so eloquent and high brow "back in the day" not too long ago now didnt it.
I actually feel sorry for the guy, he was way too green to go up against these long time players in government and continue with the agenda.
He was played, and his arrogance sealed it.
The President is selected promoted bought and purchased long before he's ever on a ballot.
Its like a pretty little girl beauty pagent and the best money and presentation will surely win her (mommy in the wings) the crown.
You just dont see mommy backstage yet do you?
Its all a joke a disgusting shameful joke and its worth getting very upset about.
I dont think we're in kansas anymore toto.
I dont think we're in kenya anymore dorothy.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What does this totally amateurish and pointless OP rant have to do with any conspiracy? Why isn't it in the US POLITICAL MADNESS forum? There are SO few people on this site who have anything resembling a clue. It's not the President that makes ANY difference AT ALL, or any more. The Bushwhacker was a totally worthless puppet as well. It's the secrecy-BASED system that's the real problem. The people who whine and moan about whatever Democrat or Republican in the White House are the same ones who think the very existence of the National "Security" STATE is normal. You're all basically a bunch of programmed cyborgs in a horribly faulty computer simulation. End rant.

add: Ah, thanks mod. You just now moved this turkey.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

I take it you voted for Obama?
It seems I struck a chord with the Obamanites.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What many of you seem to be forgetting, in your eagerness to Bash on Obama, is that he, or any President; doesn't operate in a vacuum. There's the little thing called Congress. Save some of your "bashiness" for them, infact maybe most of it...

Congress could, if they chose to, derail the White House rather easily. They hold the purse strings.

Whatever ills are perpatrated by the President, you can damned well bet that he was aided and abetted by his lap dogs on the Hill.

...there will be a referendum on President Obama in a year, remember your outrage then...and send that message to Congress via replacing many of them, if not all...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Common Good, you must be a racist if you don' t like the benevolent leader! How dare you question him, do you not know of that his ANCESTORS went through? ITS ALL BUSH's FAULT!(Sarcasm)

In all seriousness folks, i agree with the above that congress pulls the strings. Many times they are overlooked. They decide the funding and programs, the president just signs it. If he doesn't, all it takes is a 2/3 majority from congress and it goes through.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe the OP should spend more time baking his head in Pro Tools and Fantom G's instead of worrying about Barry O. Listen, you're the cause of your feelings, not Barry O. He is nothing more than a puppet/pawn, so your bad for falling for the "my vote counts I believe I can make a difference" garbage they peddle every four years. While you're ranting and raving, telling us you WILL "bash" Obama, have you ever once considered that you're WASTING your time and could be doing something more constructive with it? Seriously, you said you're a hip hop producer, so why don't you do something constructive and beneficial by telling rap artists about ASCAP or BMI (something a lot of them don't know about) instead of telling us what you WILL do, because in the end what you claim you WILL do does NOT matter in the overall picture.

In closing, you're letting a puppet, a lie, a farce a broken political system eat at your core and it's to the point where you're consumed by it.

Seek help.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I am? Really? Since I havea profession, i am not allowed to be concerned for the country that I was born and raised in, and the people I encounter everyday who are starting to lose all hope for any good in our govt?
I have just as much right as the next guy to voice my concerns and my opinions, and if they are too straight forward for you, than i dont know how else to say it. you want me to sugar coat it with false words just to try to sound proper? Im sick of trying to be proper when people such as this step on everything that I believe in. Its not consuming me, its pissing me off. But I know, just as much as you, and the next guy, that he doesnt pull all the strings, but he is OUR LEADER, and he has YET to act like a leader.
A president is someone you are supposed to look up to, not be ashamed of, and thats what I am, ashamed. Maybe that is the reason I say it like I do, but regardless of how I say it, I said it. Everyday I am out there with the people, debating politics everywhere I go, wanna know why? Because thats ALL that people talk about anymore, they are worried, and they have EVERY RIGHT TO BE. If you are NOT worried about the state of things, if you ARE NOT screaming at the tiop of your lungs abouthow badly things are going, then can you really say that you are doing enough?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Common Good,

i believe i raised a valid point...care to respond to one?

or are you just going to evade them and keep on fighting on points that don't matter?

i am getting away from ATS for a number of hours. I will check back though...looking forward to your thoughts.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am? Really? Since I havea profession, i am not allowed to be concerned for the country that I was born and raised in, and the people I encounter everyday who are starting to lose all hope for any good in our govt?

Yes, you've lost it. What I'm telling you is you should be spending your time more wisely, i.e. partaking your profession and helping those who you encounter instead of bashing a puppet. What part of that don't you understand? You're attacking a PUPPET!

I have just as much right as the next guy to voice my concerns and my opinions, and if they are too straight forward for you, than i dont know how else to say it. you want me to sugar coat it with false words just to try to sound proper?

No one said you didn't have the right to voice your concerns and opinions, but you said you will bash the guy, and there is a difference between sharing your views and openly taking shots at the puppet.

Im sick of trying to be proper when people such as this step on everything that I believe in.

This is going to shock the hell out of you but take these two facts into consideration:

Fact 1: What Obama is doing is nothing new and has been done by every preseident since the history of America. They all have their agenda and it doesn't involve you (at least not in the way you were raised to believe.)

Fact 2: No one cares what you believe in as you aren't top tier and have no global influence.

Its not consuming me, its pissing me off.

No it's consuming you. Any time you devote negative energy to something like this you do nothing but prove it.

But I know, just as much as you, and the next guy, that he doesnt pull all the strings, but he is OUR LEADER,and he has YET to act like a leader.

If you know as much as me or the next guy why are you emotionally attached to this? You can't say you aren't because you just said it pisses you off. BTW, he is not my leader, no man is my leader. See your problem is you're looking for a leader, a CANDY MESSIAH to help you, guide you by the hand etc. Yet when it doesn't happen your world crumbles and it's as if you've been gutted like a fish.

A president is someone you are supposed to look up to, not be ashamed of, and thats what I am, ashamed.

LOL! Wishful thinking on your part. Moreover, the blood on America's hands goes back CENTURIES, so just how ashamed are you?

Maybe that is the reason I say it like I do, but regardless of how I say it, I said it.

But you aren't saying anything.

Everyday I am out there with the people, debating politics everywhere I go, wanna know why? Because thats ALL that people talk about anymore, they are worried, and they have EVERY RIGHT TO BE.

You need to stop debating politics everywhere you go as that is part of the problem. Second, that is not all people talking about. I'm sure they don't discuss politics at N.A.M.M or A.E.S, and I'm sure no engineer sitting in front of an SSL 4000 E/G has the time, energy or reason to say, "Hey common what do you think about Obama and his blah blah blah..."

If you are NOT worried about the state of things, if you ARE NOT screaming at the tiop of your lungs abouthow badly things are going, then can you really say that you are doing enough?

I'm not some animal that I need to scream at the top of my lungs to get my point across. I'm a rational human being with logic and reason on my side. You do not win battles or help by screaming at the top of your lungs, but if you want to continue doing so go ahead, it simply makes you look like a loon.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And you felt you had to start a thread announcing it?

If everyone who bashed someone on this board felt it necessary to start a thread announcing it, the board would be full of such threads. This one sounds a bit like a tantrum. You know... like, "I'll do it if I want to"! kind of thing. :shk:

Bash on!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I respect you for keeping it real, so respect mine when i say i wish you would take to the time to look into whats going on around you. It sucks you bash the only man trying to actually improve this 2 1/2 world country, How the medias been portaying him you cant help want to revolt and hate him but thats what the media does. I've seen poeple bash him for trying to have governement pay for college which most successful and adept countries do.

I bet if you actually read his plans and saw his goals you'd realize all his ideals would work if mans greedy struggle hold on congress would change. Like for example his healthcare plan( im talking about HIS not what was passed by congress and the rest of the money suckers) was legit and would greatly help.
I mean what's messing up is no one will dare accept change that would impact us in such a way. He's trying to bring civility to an un civil time.

Heck if you looked into england you'll see that their policies work man, educations better, better health system , why wouldn't we wont to adopt some of their policies for our own. It would be ignorant not to accept change just because of someones region or ethnicity.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes and shouldn't be bashed for some of his actions, but where was this since of drive to revolt when the country was REALLY getting screwed over during the last 8 years. So yea i respect your ideals, but i wish you would look into the man before you blindly hate him. I mean think outside the box of why they are trying to make us feel these ways, im sure this will fall on deaf ears but it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I really don't care what you think about Obama because this clearly a site for angry Republicans to come to and vent about Obama.

I'm sure there used to be more intelligent discussion at one point.

You can cry and cry and cry about someone but it won't change a damn thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join