Originally posted by piddles
if you care about the quality of this website and what people see on the front page, you will not flag this BS.
Originally posted by seagull
What many of you seem to be forgetting, in your eagerness to Bash on Obama, is that he, or any President; doesn't operate in a vacuum. There's the little thing called Congress. Save some of your "bashiness" for them, infact maybe most of it...
Congress could, if they chose to, derail the White House rather easily. They hold the purse strings.
Whatever ills are perpatrated by the President, you can damned well bet that he was aided and abetted by his lap dogs on the Hill.
...there will be a referendum on President Obama in a year, remember your outrage then...and send that message to Congress via replacing many of them, if not all...
v. hoped, hop·ing, hopes
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic To have confidence; trust.
1. To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will be successful.
2. To expect and desire. See Synonyms at expect.
1. A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
3. One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team's only hope for victory.
4. often Hope Christianity The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.
5. Archaic Trust; confidence.
Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
I really don't care what you think about Obama because this clearly a site for angry Republicans to come to and vent about Obama.
I'm sure there used to be more intelligent discussion at one point.
You can cry and cry and cry about someone but it won't change a damn thing.
Originally posted by Helmkat
The catchphrase of this site is "Deny ignornace".
OP I might suggest that a more balanced and less biased stance on Obama might go a long way to making that catchphrase reality.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove...
Originally posted by Common Good
Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Common Good
Excuses for what? Or are you just listening to all the usual tabloid rhetoric instead of denying ignorance?
If all you do is bash, and focus on bashing, I doubt you really have bothered to use that critical thinking part of your brain, and looked at the issue.
Which is very immature.
Why bother come to this site if you can't actualy think for yourself and just listen to the tabloid rhetoric? this is an information gathering site, and you just admitted that you now have the posting equivalant of yahoo.
So go to yahoo.
Im sorry, but is that the best you can come up with? The fact that I listen to"tabloids". Where did you get that from my post? I told you how I felt, and you dont like it.
Has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. What I do like is every subject, bill, decision, etc to be evaluated and understood and approached critically. Maturely. To announce that you will bash Obama no matter what, is just nothing but a star and point generator for you, for all the others that have absolutely nothing to add other then bash.
conspiracy theories have a hard time gaining traction in the public eye. when you spout crazy ideas with no basis what soever, it does not help that image. That is why experienced members on this site will make you defend your source, your views. We put you through the same gauntlet the public is going to. To publicly admit that you will bash Obama no matter what, means you intend to not critically think about his actions and decisions, and bash them. It degrades what people on this site has worked very hard for.
You are MAD because someone actually has the balls to say what others wont.
Mad, no. You act like your original or something. We have never seen Obama bashing on this site before.don't flatter yourself. ANd don't ever project emotions on to me.I know this is really your wish and intention, but no one on ATS is going to make me mad, much less someone who starts a thread about bashing. It shows that you have nothing constructive to add.
I didnt get this oppinion from some news station or magazine like you would lovefor me to have done, I got my own opinion by paying attention. Go back to the threads BEFORE the election.
Well if you eliminate all the sources, then you MUSt of gotten it from tabloids.
If not, where do you find your information?
You will see I have been very much a part of taking in all the information I can as much as I can. So far I have seen NOTHING of Importance this man has promised to the people.
If your gonna insist on hating someone because it is the popular thing to do on ATS, nothing he can do is going to be signifcant for you. He could re-invent the wheel and your gonna hate it.
You do me a favor...list me 5 great things this president has done for us.
Just 5. thats all I ask. He has had ONE YEAR, I am SURE you can find 5 Great accomplishments this man has created. Happy Hunting.
Oh I love a challenge! *rubs hands together*
This is Nixie's top five list. It doesn't represent in particular order of accomplishments or nixie endorsements:
1)$2500 tax credit for families with college students to offset the cost of college. This saves taxpayers 9 billion dollars a year.
2)Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
The largest in two decades, protects two million acres of forest, thousands of miles of rivers, and national parks and trails.
3)Many people don't realize that some health care reform has already begun. $19 billion dollars have been allotted for an electronic medical system. Which means if you live in orlando but are visiting Cali and have to go to ER, soon they will be able to pull up your records, so your local er doc doesn't accidently prescribe you something that counteracts or causes a reaction with current medication. or if your out plain cold, they know who you are, what you got, and have your history to guide them. This is very important for people.
4) expansion of schip.
5) In March Obama signed in the Navajo water rights act. That allocates 800 million of stimilus money to give 80,000 Navajo the water pipeline to bring them water.
6) the credit card bill of rights. That protects consumers from predatory credit card banking practises.
7) increased the amount of money given to the small business adminstration to cover and secure more loans for small businesses.
8) recently passed the on time budget for veterans adminstration budgets, that Congress can no longer stall the budget.
9) Americans right to Cuba. Before everyone gets all huffy and claims that it hasn't been released yet, the restrictions have been lifted already on family visits and 200,000 Cubans have already gone back to visit relatives since Obama partially lifted the ban. Obama has done his part, now the decision lies with Congress.
10)The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act
I saw your five and raised your five.
[edit on 4-11-2009 by nixie_nox]