It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I guess you also believe that JFK was killed by a lone Gunman.

Well that was kind of uncalled for, actually, no, I think there was more than one gunman

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

If this was made by some anti-war people as you foolishly claim....then why has the government not made a statement about the possibility that its fake???
I dont think its fake...I think its the U.S. government behind those masks..

I didn't actually claim that did I?
I stated that it would be a more plausible explanation than the CIA theory. And why wouldn't it be? We've seen soldiers fake photographs of prisoner abuse so there is already a precedent. And the UK authorities didn't cry hoax until well after the photographs had been accepted by the public as genuine.

But if you read my words again, you will see that I believe that the video is genuine and that it was made by Islamic extremists.
I suppose it never crossed anybody's mind here that they could be playing at psyops themselves by placing these little pieces of doubt in the video, has it?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Leveller has a valid point about the CIA doing a better job at psy-ops than this vidio demonstrates - after all they've had the better part of 50 years to perfect the skills neccesary.

On the other hand Al-Qaida has only had a few short years to practice their skills at this, what if this is an amaturish attempt at psy-ops by Al-Qaida to make us think the CIA was involved. Either way Al-Qaida comes out ahead in that they just got the CIA and the administration in hot water or they pulled off another terrorist deed and look good to the militants.

I know this is going to get flamed but it is no more implausable than many other theories bandied about here.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
It is possible that it could be an Iraqi/terrorist sympathiser from the US. Like John Walker Lynd. The caught in Afghanistan fighting with the Tailaban.

[Edited on 5/19/2004 by nyeff]

what a perfect example of why this particular person would have been selected!!!

There are links between berg and the supposed hijacker that we have in custody...

perhaps berg did something that crossed the line such as john walker and instead of putting him in jail they decided to kill him and act as if it were terrorists.

There is a link between berg and terrorists....a terrorist had been using his email adress in college

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
People should read up more on the links between the Bush and the Bin Laden familly. It gets so deep it's simply ridiculous.

Definitely!
I've read all I could find on the Bin Laden/Bush Family connection. It's a topic that everyone should research so they can get a better understanding of what's going on.

People seem to forget that Bin Laden was/is CIA!! Bin Laden and Al Qaida are CIA/MOSSAD FRONTS!!

The Bush's and the Bin Ladens have been in bed together for years.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The CIA would not let something like that get through. They keep their position of power by being shrewd, not stupid.

I also think the Journalists of the world would have caught that one too. There are alot of media types who would love nothing more than to break a story like that.

I think it is highly probable that those voices were inserted into the audio post-filming. With current audio editing technology, it would be very easy. Easy enough for some yahoo to have a laugh on all of us.

Unless we have the actual original video, it is extremely difficult to tell, but I still lean towards hoax.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
how come almost everyone posting here doesnt consider that some these people might speak arabic and english, might be awol disgruntled soldiers, arab-american, or many other possibilities?

everyone seems to only want to consider one possibility of it being the CIA/government/etc.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Well that was kind of uncalled for, actually, no, I think there was more than one gunman

Ahhh so there might be hope for you yet! j/k

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
how come almost everyone posting here doesnt consider that some these people might speak arabic and english, might be awol disgruntled soldiers, arab-american, or many other possibilities?

everyone seems to only want to consider one possibility of it being the CIA/government/etc.

Well, I suggested it, and got flamed...lol Right away I am labled. All because I believe in my country!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Can this be verified? What's this ROGERHEDGECOCK site hosting it?

Might it not be a copy of the original audio catching two guys making the copy just talking over it? I'm just saying.

We have to be able to verify this somehow with an "original".

This is insane if real. It would clean house at the CIA.

Rant,

The audio I used was not from that link. The audio I used was from the original wmv file.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think we should all start emailing all the various media forms with links to this thread, tell them to do some investigating....they get paid nicely to read lines off a page, maybe one of them can do some work and tell the truth. I have faith not everyone in the media is bought and blinded by one party or another.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Rant,

The audio I used was not from that link. The audio I used was from the original wmv file.

and you know this is the original wmv file because ________ (fill in the blank
)

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by djs0ma]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Its controversial for sure. But yep, I believe that if it was really there it's not the US's doing. And I do understand the link between Bin Laden and the CIA...We often fund our enemies and then end up fighting them later...Saddam is a good example too. Gotta stop sleeping with the enemy.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Well, I suggested it, and got flamed...lol Right away I am labled. All because I believe in my country!

Believing in your country and trusting the government are two completely different things.

Do I Believe in my country? You Goddamn right I do!

Do I trust politicians? Not if my life depended on it.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djs0ma

"The audio I used was not from that link. The audio I used was from the original wmv file. "
and you know this is the original wmv file because ________ (fill in the blank
)

It can be heard in the original file that was released on the net. That's not to say it's the original, but that's all we have.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by parrhesia]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

. Gotta stop sleeping with the enemy.

Sometimes you have to.

Remember all of those German scientists we brought over after WWII? They helped the US get into space and also helped NATO keep up with the Soviet Union.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I have faith not everyone in the media is bought and blinded by one party or another.

Good suggestion but I dont think the "mainstream" media is going touch this with a 10 ft pole.

Perfect example is the Iraqi Abuse Scandal. Amnesty International and the Red Cross had been filling reports with US Gov Agencies about widespread abuse of prisoners for the past 2 years!! And the media didnt even cover it until the pictures were leaked and they had no choice!! The Media IS bought and paid for by the Government!

link   
Thanks Valhall. Several have now pointed out it's clearly on the orginal. Freaky.

I think WorldWatcher has a good point that you need some national credit Valhall. Investigative reporters looking into this need to credit you.

And they should be looking into this seriously.

link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

It can be heard in the original file that was released on the net. That's not to say it's the original, but that's all we have.

exactly so this whole thread is basically based on some audio in a wmv file that could of easily been added by anyone using widely available free tools on the net (download.com)

link   

i was thinking these things after the first 2 pages, i was waiting to see if anyone thought a different possibility was in this, i mean i've heard arabs who speak english pretty well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join