It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'simulates' nuclear attack on Poland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Russia 'simulates' nuclear attack on Poland

www.telegraph.co.uk

The armed forces are said to have carried out "war games" in which nuclear missiles were fired and troops practised an amphibious landing on the country's coast.

Documents obtained by Wprost, one of Poland's leading news magazines, said the exercise was carried out in conjunction with soldiers from Belarus.

The manoeuvres are thought to have been held in September and involved about 13,000 Russian and Belarusian troops.

Poland, which has strained relations with both countries, was cast as the "potential aggressor".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well well well, this was back in September (although it is a new article) - that one's been kept quiet... Or would this be a normal time scale for an event of this size to filter down to the public? - Or did I simply miss this one? I checked back quite a bit before posting.

The operation was code named 'West' which sounds ominous in it's self, and part of it they attacked a gas pipe line... And we all know how much power they wield over their gas supply to Europe!

They say it was defensive in nature but observers say that parts of it looked very offensive...

Well there pushing some big buttons here, How's that missile defence system looking? Last I herd it was all but dropped...

Thoughts?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Star and flag.
In this day and age why would you even want to push it.
The future is a scary thing lately.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Unbelievable!!!

A real war of this size between Poland and Russia/Belarus would be World War 3, and I doubt anyone can disagree because the west would be forced to respond using NATO article 5.

Russia are changing their military doctrine in 2010 to include nuclear first-strike options, and this "simulation" openly suggest one example of where they consider this policy acceptable.

The Poles living in Belarus must be worrying about the prospect of discrimination and a return to 20th century's lack of common respect and values.

I wonder if the Russian's fear the Poles helping out the Ukrainian's should the situation in the Crimean region become unstable over the coming months, and during Ukraine's January 2010 elections.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is referring to the united war games Russia held comprising of all its Air/Sea/Land forces. It actually was a global a exercise and was shadowed by many U.S./Nato war ships. It actually begun slightly before the N.Korea missile launching frenzy and the U.S. naval build up in international waters which peaked when U.N. were considering boarding N.Korea vessels with or without the consent of the Captain/N.Korean government.

In this case, Poland is using this old but correct news as a means to pressure the rival political party into early elections.

Conclusion.

Politics at work for esoteric consumption.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm looking around for more on this - but there really only seems to be a few versions of the same article the telegraph put out... I've looked at the polish paper the article mentions and it doesn't seem to be big news on their site (although I am reading translated pages - but they seem fairly readable to me).

I'm not sure of the importance of this one at the moment. -

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Russia are changing their military doctrine in 2010 to include nuclear first-strike options, and this "simulation" openly suggest one example of where they consider this policy acceptable.

And we have changed our military doctrine to fight terrorists and not a fell scale war like we were ready for before 9/11. If we have to face them now we will need to retrain our Army again, just look at the National Training Center in Calf. Its set up now for base camps and fighting small groups not like it was before when we trained to fight the Russian Hoard.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When the time comes for these psychopaths (U.S.,Israel,Russia,Iran,China,etc.) to nuke each other and destroy the world, that's the time when somehow "miraculously" no nukes or missiles will work.

There are external forces at play watching humanity, so nothing will happen.

Mark my words...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
When the time comes for these psychopaths (U.S.,Israel,Russia,Iran,China,etc.) to nuke each other and destroy the world, that's the time when somehow "miraculously" no nukes or missiles will work.

The World can only hope that your bizare prophecy would come true.
As there is zero proof that any such fairytail ending would happen, I'd still suggest we all kiss our arses goodbye.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

Who would nuke Aussieland??? At least you have plenty of bushland to escape to.... nowhere is far enough away from big cities in the UK.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Why is there so much hate.....Its just really annoying to read every moment about some attack!!!

Why can't these people understand the importance and value of life and get rid of the violence.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Poles helping out the Ukrainian's should the situation in the Crimean region become unstable over the coming months, and during Ukraine's January 2010 elections.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by john124]

I guess the irony of Polacks throwing thousands of bodies to protect Stalin's insane map making escapes you, does it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

Mark my words...

so thats what happened when they bombed the moon....hope one day you will realize that down here we are being left alone

i think Poland need to demand further explanation...it depends also how the polish acquired this information because if it was hidden from the public that must mean something...if this operation was open to the public still there are questions to be answered since image how you will feel knowing that the Russian Bear is simulating your dooms day..ill certainly be worried if i was polish

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
so its pefectly `OK` when the USA does it - you know like in exercise global lightning in 2007 -but not `OK` when russia does it?

you do know that the USA has nuclear attack plans for all of its `allies` as well?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
delete (double posting!)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The history of aggression towards Poland in the 20th century is why the Poles have every right to feel aggreived about this.

The US doesn't have a history of aggression on Russian territory.

Of course everyone has top secret plans in case of nuclear war, it's part of owning nukes to ensure they have optimum capability. It's no good having the weapons, but not knowing where to strike in the event of nuclear war. And nuclear weapons should be primarily for deterent purposes anyway.

I'm sick & tired of the pathetic-apologetic & lazy commenters on ATS who make broad and often inaccurate comparisons and use that as any form of justification whenever they see fit. If somebody nukes somebody, people here will be typing - oh never mind the US nuked Japan before, so we must call any criticism double-standards! It's a sign of nothing of value to add, and those particular people may be better suited to tweeting about something instead.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What i found hilarious is that Poland is declared potential aggressor. Yup. Those evil Poles and their mighty hordes are scheming to conquer tiny mother Russia. And even smaller sister Belarus....

Isn't it the same exercise in which Baltic countries where also the target? If so - this is just political muscle flexing. Targeted both to pressure Russian political adversaries abroad and to gain points with hard liners inside Russian federation. Any strike on Poland (or Russia) would end up in fried Earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

The USA has a history of aggression more than any other country on the planet - how many wars in the last 20 years have been started , and by which country?

exactly - so the UK should be VERY concerned then when in exercise global lightning, london and other cities were a target.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The USA has a history of aggression more than any other country on the planet - how many wars in the last 20 years

Why does only the last 20 years matter to you?

You need a deeper understanding of history, and do you realise this thread is specifically about a potential threat to Poland, and so previous wars between Poland and Russia are all relevant factors to consider.

But instead you want to go on about something irrelevant and pointless. Just like I said in my previous post, you'll use the "evil USA" to justify whatever you wish on this particular day.

so the UK should be VERY concerned then when in exercise global lightning, london and other cities were a target.

When has the UK and US last been at war? There's potential threats, and then there's paranoia because somebody has a weapon. The UK has nukes as well, so American's better panic as well!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Being worried has never done anyone any Good.

You sit and watch the story unfold.

NOTHING will happen Mark My Words...

The world has gone through worse times. During WW2 many people thought it was going to be the end of the world, well was it?

The world will never end because there are external forces in play, but there's a bigger picture than that as well.

The Earth Is A Movie.

The time will come, and Everyone will realize that.

PS. You can't physically prove something that's not physical, but within the next several months, everyone will see the Truth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join