It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama >>>Aka Michelle Lavaughn Robinson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Does this sound racist to you?
PLEASE READ THE THESIS

It was written under her maiden name Michelle LaVaughn Robinson. obamaprincetonthesis.wordpress.com... Most shocking: “There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.” She wrote that her college experience "made me far more aware of my 'Blackness" and that "I will always be Black first and a student second."

you can read her whole race based thesis here;
www.politico.com...Couple that with the two books obama has written, both based heavily on race and what conclusion do you come to?Oh yeah lets not forget the famous quote from Michelle ;"for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country"
and here's more but I'm not sure if it's true;

“Once again, the white man keeps us down, what’s up with Whitey, Why’d he attack Iraq, Why’d he let Katrina happen, Why’d he leave millions of children behind. This is the legacy the white man gives us”

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Oh yeah lets not forget the famous quote from Michelle ;"for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country"

Misquote above, actual quote below for correctness.

"for the first time in my adult life I'm really proud of my country"

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay, I'll give her Iraq, although Condeleeza Rice was one of Bush's advisors on that, and like her or not, Dr Rice is no dummy. Oh, and by the way, she's black.
Katrina? Does she think "whitey" conjured up Katrina? If so, then she knows more than the military about cranking up destructive storms.
Leaving children behind? I'm sorry, but people were given several days warning to get out of New Orleans. Those who stayed made a choice. I will admit that some of the old folks stayed because they didn't want to leave their homes, but to blame "whitey" for the deaths of children in New Orleans, because their parents chose not to leave just shows Michelle's ignorance.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Thanks for clearing that up.Also please feel free to add any racist comments you might find from her or "barry"

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Was this thread deleted by the mods earlier???

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

No,I deleted a similar thread because I felt I used inflammatory language and didn't want my meaning lost to hyperbole.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ehh...i started reading the thesis, then after the 3rd or 4th mention of "black Princeton" i stopped.

i fully understand that a) different time period and b) she is black and apparently black people throughout american history have suffered great indignities that I was a white male in america will never know (i find that to be a crappy argument myself, but it's the common trend as to why i can't speak about race relations...especially when criticizing black people on it)

that being said. i would NEVER INTENTIONALLY write a paper on solely white people and their effect on society. to me, it seems the focus on ones race is inherently a tool to segregate further. pointing out injustices to a race or people does not fall under this title.

and yet, throughout high school I had to sit through black history month presentations, special announcements each day on the accomplishments of the black community throughout history.

then i would get to my history class, and my teacher would give us a 15 minute lesson on one or two important black people in history. he would start by asking if anyone knew anything about these people. my hand (reluctantly) went up every single day, not because i was some over achieving a hole you hear about, but because no one else would, NOT EVEN THE BLACK STUDENTS. and not only was i surprised by this, but at the end of the week, the teacher went on a little rant, and actually called out the black students on not knowing a damn thing about these people, under the presumption that, based on their involvement in the black history month presentation on monday. needless to say his job was put at risk for a few weeks until several students went to our principal and complained her ears off. not because of his stance on this, because a few of them disagreed, but because he is an amazing teacher. (oh the joys of a private school where students have a bit of rights)

again, i get when i went to school high school 5 years ago, it wasn't the same racial climate as when mrs obama did, but if this is supposed to be that big of an issue, as made out by the "leaders' of the black community, then why don't young black (as a whole) know about these people? and before i hear the "it was just your school mess" here in college...i get the same sort of responses.

I know this was a bit of a rant, and i apologize for that, but i do not apologize for what was said. they are my experiences and frustrations with the racial climate.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well. if the election of a non-white to the highest office in the land is her only source of pride in her country then I feel sorry for her. What a patently superficial viewpoint. People should care more about SUBSTANCE than APPEARANCE. Typical, vain, self-serving commentary from one more power-mongering acolyte of ivy league privelege. Complaining about racism while touting your pedigree, priceless!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i think all of the obama conspiracies are unfounded. the thought that someone who wasnt born in america could somehow 'slip through the cracks' and take the highest office? i cant even make a phone call to my girlfriend that isnt being tapped into and im no one.

as for obama's legitimacy in office thus far...he hasnt really come through yet. i hope he does, but dont expect it. he didnt get into office without owing favors...no one does.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by circasuicide

i could be mistaken...but who said anything about his legitimacy as president...

either you misread something, and if that is the case lets clarify that, or you are trolling...which one? (if you are not trolling, then i apologize)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I would agree with you except for one little detail, a detail which amongst all the partisan bickering, people seem to forget entirely. That is the fact that Obama is part of the NWO and what they say goes. Whoever they had to pay off or kill, or whatever he is in office. So now my question to you. Why should you have to give your social security number, long form birth certificate and other vital documents to get a job or apply for pretty much anything else but the person who hold the most powerful job in the world let alone our country can wait 5 months and give a "Short-Form" BC that has about 8 words on it. What is he hiding?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

i could be mistaken...but who said anything about his legitimacy as president...

either you misread something, and if that is the case lets clarify that, or you are trolling...which one? (if you are not trolling, then i apologize)

i left out the fact that i dont believe his wife is racist or anti-american, nor is he. sorry. im not trolling. this is only my second post on ats. long time reader, first time poster thing...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

lets not contribute the derailing of this topic...

please?

it has potential to be a good discussion..lets not sully it with something we will never figure out while he is in office at least.

plus, nowhere did anyone mention his legitimacy

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Existing thread on Michelle's Thesis

Originally posted by genius/idoit

She wrote that her college experience "made me far more aware of my 'Blackness" and that "I will always be Black first and a student second."

Notice the quotation marks in this external quote. I don't know how many times I have warned: When just SOME of the words are surrounded in quotation marks, BE WARY!

Here is the actual quote, from page 2 of her thesis.

"Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if TO THEM, I will always be Black first and a student second."

Michelle Obama Thesis - Part 1

You don't care what the thesis REALLY says, though, do you? You don't want to take the time and trouble to read the thesis for yourself and find out what it's about. As long as you can slam the Obama's about racial stuff, that just makes you all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

if the comment about slamming the obama's on racial stuff was directed at me, that is not true.

i feel the race card is played WAAAAAY to often, by everyone. we are quick to play the race card as a society, when not stopping to think what each side has done wrong

if it were white people as the "oppressed" ones i'd be saying the exact same thing. we focus too much on what color we are, what sets us apart from each other. i know its indoctrinated into us by history, by society, by parents, people in charge etc etc, and it's hard to look past it, but once you have taught yourself that a person is a person, an intelligent being is an intelligent being, then well, you can start REALLY looking at the person.

more of a reason i wont read the thesis: i just plain don't care to read an 82 page thesis paper. i'd fight my way thru writing one myself, let alone reading one written by someone else.

the misquoting was misleading, i agree on that.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

it's all good on the mistake, i'm a newer user myself, and made the same mistakes.

but i still contend nothing was said about his legitimacy.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Iamsupermanv2 He wasn't bashing you he was bashing the op.
That being said back to you BH.I didn't try to do anything "funny" with the quotations I thought the post was clear on the point you bring up, it was her felling that's how she would always be looked at.What about the quote 6 words previous? “There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.”
you are the one who plays semantics and skirts the actual issues through deflection,and your very good at it.Almost good enough to get paid.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know,BH it would be nice if you could do what you ask others to do.Put the shoe on the other foot and see how it feels.What if Laura Bush would have said I will use present and future resources to benifit the white community first and foremost.

By the way what better resource than the president of the USA.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Has anybody every found Barak Obama's theisis as well???? Theres something fishy about this two, not sure what it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join