It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama >>>Aka Michelle Lavaughn Robinson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I didn't try to do anything "funny" with the quotations

I'm not suggesting you did. I'm simply repeating what I have said a million times. Look further than the headline. Look into the story. Look for the truth. You are responsible for what you post. And what you posted is someone else's agenda. You didn't find the truth, you just posted a slanted misquote for effect.

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.”

I totally understand a member of an oppressed minority wanting to help others of that oppressed minority out. I'm frankly puzzled why others don't understand it.

What if Laura Bush would have said I will use present and future resources to benifit the white community first and foremost.

The white community isn't an oppressed minority. If Laura Bush had said, "I will use present and future resources to benefit women first and foremost", I would have totally understood.

you are the one who plays semantics and skirts the actual issues through deflection,and your very good at it.Almost good enough to get paid.

Where have I skirted an issue or deflected? I have answered straight up. Maybe it's just the fact that, unlike you, I HAVE done my homework and research - perhaps that bothers you enough to accuse me of such obviously untrue conduct...

reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Columbia didn't require a thesis the year he graduated.

"At the time Barack Obama was a student, the political science department had no mechanism by which undergraduate political science majors in Columbia College could receive recognition for writing an independent thesis,” said university spokesman Robert Hornsby. “The department's procedures for students to write theses were created in the 1990s."

Obama’s spokesman seconds that notion: “Senator Obama did not write a thesis, in fact, Columbia's political science department didn't even begin offering the option for College undergraduates to write independent credit theses until the 1990s, well after Obama had graduated.”

Source

He did write a paper for one of his classes, but the professor no longer has the original. He didn't know his student would be president one day.

“My recollection is that the paper was an analysis of the evolution of the arms reduction negotiations between the Soviet Union and the United States,” Baron said in an e-mail. “At that time, a hot topic in foreign policy circles was finding a way in which each country could safely reduce the large arsenal of nuclear weapons pointed at the other … For U.S. policy makers in both political parties, the aim was not disarmament, but achieving deep reductions in the Soviet nuclear arsenal and keeping a substantial and permanent American advantage. As I remember it, the paper was about those negotiations, their tactics and chances for success. Barack got an A.”

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by B3macfoster

language like that is just as harmful to the cause.

it is taking the same militant way as the people you speak out against who attack "whitey" based on the actions of (maybe) their ancestors.

the anger, i understand, but lets put it in a more helpful way.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

IT SHOULDN'T MATTER the color, sex, or religion. if we sit here and start arguing that point, i'm sure i can find a reason for ANY person to advance their ultra small subsection of their heritage/identity.

if a klansmen stood up and said he was going to advance the stance of people who believe like him, because they have been oppressed in history and lets be honest, after a certain point, they have been have they not? despite the fact intelligent people don't buy into it

i can hear the "but its not hundreds of years of oppression" and that just plain doesnt matter. ex: ask a POW who was kept in deplorable conditions if he feels he shouldn't feel as bad about it as ANCESTORS of black people who were enslaved. a time enslaved is a time enslaved. plain and simple. and lets not forgot MOST black people alive now have not been enslaved, and if they have, it wasn't in this country (leaving out sex slaves and those examples)

i think it would be a good experiment on public perception to see a white man stand up and say he is going to push for the advancement of white people...in fact...i'm going to start the NAAWP. who's in?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.”

I totally understand a member of an oppressed minority wanting to help others of that oppressed minority out. I'm frankly puzzled why others don't understand it.

I understand it but it's still racist

The white community isn't an oppressed minority. If Laura Bush had said, "I will use present and future resources to benefit women first and foremost", I would have totally understood.

That is 100% YOUR opinion

Where have I skirted an issue or deflected? I have answered straight up. Maybe it's just the fact that, unlike you, I HAVE done my homework and research - perhaps that bothers you enough to accuse me of such obviously untrue conduct..

I must say refer to any post on obama you ever made.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Her's your post ( the second half)
Columbia didn't require a thesis the year he graduated.

"At the time Barack Obama was a student, the political science department had no mechanism by which undergraduate political science majors in Columbia College could receive recognition for writing an independent thesis,” said university spokesman Robert Hornsby. “The department's procedures for students to write theses were created in the 1990s."

Obama’s spokesman seconds that notion: “Senator Obama did not write a thesis, in fact, Columbia's political science department didn't even begin offering the option for College undergraduates to write independent credit theses until the 1990s, well after Obama had graduated.”

Source

He did write a paper for one of his classes, but the professor no longer has the original. He didn't know his student would be president one day.

“My recollection is that the paper was an analysis of the evolution of the arms reduction negotiations between the Soviet Union and the United States,” Baron said in an e-mail. “At that time, a hot topic in foreign policy circles was finding a way in which each country could safely reduce the large arsenal of nuclear weapons pointed at the other … For U.S. policy makers in both political parties, the aim was not disarmament, but achieving deep reductions in the Soviet nuclear arsenal and keeping a substantial and permanent American advantage. As I remember it, the paper was about those negotiations, their tactics and chances for success. Barack got an A.”

In it you refer to the fact that the college didn't have thesis papers.OK but then you go on to include a "paper" written by obama that can't be verified and a quote by a professor that may or may not even remember what the paper is about?But what he "says" is it was an "A" paper on American and soviet nuclear blah blah blah

how convenient

DISINFORMATION

[edit on 31-10-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
All politics. What's the difference? The skin tone?

Same sh*t different smell.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
IT SHOULDN'T MATTER the color, sex, or religion.

No, it shouldn't. And in an ideal world, it wouldn't. But we live in an imperfect world.

i think it would be a good experiment on public perception to see a white man stand up and say he is going to push for the advancement of white people...in fact...i'm going to start the NAAWP. who's in?

It's already been done. And no one cared.

That is 100% YOUR opinion

Yes, you asked me to "put the shoe on the other foot and see how it feels. What if Laura Bush would have said...?" and I answered how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot. You ASKED for my opinion. I gave it. What's the problem?

I must say refer to any post on obama you ever made.

Yeah, I didn't think you would have a real answer for that one, either. The fact is that I'm not deflecting or playing semantics. That's just a cheap accusation made by people when they're losing an argument.

reply to post by genius/idoit

A "thesis" isn't the same as a "paper for a class".

You're not looking for the truth, you're just looking for someone to fight with. And it ain't me.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A "thesis" isn't the same as a "paper for a class".

semantics...again, address the point that what you posted contained NO FACT!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How the heck can he remember what one person wrote out of the thousands he had in his classes over the years?

My college has small class sizes (about 30 or so students - though I understand this is becoming more and more common). Figure each professor has 5 classes per semester that's 150 students a semester/300 a year and if he/she has been teaching for say 20 years that's 6,000 students. No way he can grade that many final papers and remember the exact details of what one particular student's paper was on and then remember the grade. Im shocked he even remembered the name of a student this many years on but I guess maybe he saved his old class rosters and vaguely recalled the name Barack Obama (let's face it, it's pretty uncommon) and went looking through his rosters.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

i fully understand that a) different time period and b) she is black and apparently black people throughout american history have suffered great indignities that I was a white male in america will never know (i find that to be a crappy argument myself, but it's the common trend as to why i can't speak about race relations...especially when criticizing black people on it)

I would call Slavery, no civil rights, segregation, being forced to the back of a bus, amongst many many other things a very valid argument myself, I don't understand why you would consider that a crappy argument, ok it wasn't that way in the whole of the USA, but it was allowed to happen, and the rest of America was aware of it.

Even now today right now, a concerted effort to remove President Obama from the White house is taking place, not because he is a bad President, but simply because he is a Black President, I don't know of a single mention ever that this has ever happened to a White president, I have never heard of any White person being forced to the back of a bus, being refused education, being forced to use different toilets, or being forced into Slavery within the United States.

Yes different time period, but you will never suffer like that because of your colour will you? or I, so her point is very valid, and in a way very understanding, because to me sounds like she wants a place where it happens to nobody.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Even now today right now, a concerted effort to remove President Obama from the White house is taking place, not because he is a bad President, but simply because he is a Black President

That is 100% opinion and in my opinion 100% inaccurate!

I don't know of a single mention ever that this has ever happened to a White president,

Ever heard of Richard Nixon?

I have never heard of any White person being forced to the back of a bus, being refused education, being forced to use different toilets, or being forced into Slavery within the United States.

Really try going into the ladies room if your a man.
Have you heard about the slave trade in the U.S.?

America Faces Growing Child Sex Slave Trade
www.traditionalvalues.org...
and I'm sure somewhere in the history of America some white person was forced to sit in the back of the bus (But I have no proof of that)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I must also add that you are a big part of the problem.You feel so guilty about something someone else did in the past that you will let it be an excuse for bad behavior and incompetence.I say free yourself of your misplaced white guilt and do the minority's of the world a favor by teaching them to stand on their own two feet on equal ground with the rest of us

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

while i will not deny that there are people who may want to remove him based on race...where is your proof.

wasnt kennedy looked to be removed because he was catholic? that's my understanding based on history class.

and again...my point, is that WE NEED TO LEAVE COLOR ALONE. lets make it a more perfect place. you in?

what the hell does it matter? why perpetuate? why not, as i have been doing, when someone brings up the race argument, look at them and say "that is an issue many have fought and died for in order for us to get past, and the only thing keeping us on this is your race related arguments." once we start to make those who feel race is an issue feel foolish for thinking that, we can move past it. after all, how else do you make someone shut up, or get angry to the point of making themselves look stupid, then making them FEEL stupid. and if enough people are doing this, and it is the RIGHT thing, then it will come to pass. after all..isn't that how the anti slavery movement started...people started saying..hey they are people too..blah blah blah..then all of a sudden the slave owners kinda looked stupid along with racist people.

also, i am waiting for your answer to how you would feel if a klansmen were to publicly fight for the cause of people who believe like him.

and the NAAWP was a joke. and the fact it made no headway should prove that the whole idea of a race group in this day and age like that is worthless. stop dividing. start uniting.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

ITS. IN. THE. PAST.

when an incident comes up, we deal with it. how? ostracizing those who commit vial acts against another person. despite if it was because they were black blue or green.

we don't allow ourselves to live and learn. we dont allow ourselves to get over it. we coddle to everyone who has an issue with anyone. that is..except you're whitey. then whitey can't bitch.

my irish ancestors were discriminated against. i dont sit here and everytime someone is a douche to me say its because im irish, and i look VERY irish. red tinted beard, pale skin, red tinted hair, and if im in the sun for more than five minutes i burn.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Don't expect to many replies when you make a valid point,
it's kinda like swearing at a telephone operator, automatic disconnect.That was not directed at the Benevolent Heretic he usually responds to any and all questions but quite a few times on these political threads I find when faced with the facts or asked to supply them most on the side of obama find something else to be interested in.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

i see that trend here...but i'm starting a personal fight to challenge people who believe different to further the discussion. i want to keep learning.

i WANT someone to challenge my ideas.

i WANT to be proven wrong

i WANT intelligent conversation

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would like to thank the Heretic for derailing the thread,how benevolent.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

while i will not deny that there are people who may want to remove him based on race...where is your proof.

I didn't say anything about that. I think you meant to ask this of another poster. That was not from my post.

also, i am waiting for your answer to how you would feel if a klansmen were to publicly fight for the cause of people who believe like him.

You didn't ask me that. You rambled about something that I didn't quite understand. Here's what you said:

if a klansmen stood up and said he was going to advance the stance of people who believe like him, because they have been oppressed in history and lets be honest, after a certain point, they have been have they not? despite the fact intelligent people don't buy into it

I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking if I believe that a person (anyone) has the right to speak about his beliefs and try to get others to see his point of view, then I say they have that right. How I feel about his opinion is irrelevant. But he absolutely has the right to speak his mind and try to persuade others to believe as he does. I'm not sure what that has to do with Michelle's thesis, but there's my answer. If that doesn't answer your question, try giving it in the form of a question and I'll answer it.

I would like to thank the Heretic for derailing the thread,how benevolent.

Each of my posts have been about Michelle's thesis or Barack's thesis or to answer a question posed to me. I fail to see how that's derailing a thread about Michelle's thesis...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Rather than continuing racism and exclusion by identifying solely with a minority group, instead of attempting to change the larger society for the better, she perpetuates that oppression and unjustified favour, just in the reverse, which makes her no better than any oppressor. Therefore she cannot take the moral high ground as she just slipped into the gutter.
Neither Barack or Michelle suffered racial abuse nor any subjugation or poverty (although both lie about this), but sadly they both have the emotional and psychological maturity of gang thugs, in that they have a deep wish to be victims, to excuse, in her case, some sense of grievance and unidentified anger.
In his case his narcissism is now being fed on a grand scale, so he has no reason to whinge. However, when he realises that he is considered a nothing, watch out for the fallout of narcissistic rage.
In her case she can now buy up what she wants on that gravy train they are on…and yet she is still angry. Neither has the maturity to be in charge of anything, let alone themselves.
If one has some semblance of emotional maturity, but has suffered exclusion and oppression by being considered in a minority, one does not actually seek to reward or cater to just those of the same group which has been oppressed, as that is reverse oppression, but to treat everyone equally, which was the expectation that was thwarted when oppressed or criticised.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join