It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the US EVER vote George P Bush into the Whitehouse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it could possibly be 'madness' if it ever happened!

Another President Bush in the Making?

George Bush soon may be serving in George Bush's war.

No, don't get all excited that Dubya is going to get nailed by an IED!

The Bush in question is George P. Bush, the 33-year-old eldest son of former Gov. Jeb Bush, R-Fla., who's widely viewed as the heir to the family's political legacy.

"P" now works at a real-estate private equity firm in Austin, Texas, where he's stepped up his longstanding efforts to reach out to Hispanic Republicans by starting a new political action committee.

He's also preparing for possible deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan as a member of the Navy Reserves, where he's served since 2007 as an intelligence officer.

"It's been communicated to me that it's not a question of 'if,' it's a question of 'when,'" Bush said of possible overseas deployment, in an interview this week with The Daily Beast. "It's just a matter of time."

Here is some info on this newest member of the dynasty:

George P. Bush

George Prescott Bush (born April 24, 1976 in Texas) is an attorney and real estate developer, who is the eldest of three children of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his wife Columba. He is the nephew of the forty-third President of the United States, George W. Bush, and the grandson of the forty-first President of the United States, George H. W. Bush.

He practiced law in Dallas until 2005, then joined N3 Capital, a real estate investment company in Fort Worth, Texas. N3 Capital has since moved its headquarters to Austin, Texas and changed its name to Pennybacker Capital.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/502dc2afb79a.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd love to hear from American ATSers, would you like another Bush in the Oval Office?

It's a long way off I know, but the signs are there.

Would it be a good thing?

I'm not from the USA so I can't really say.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

You can't really judge a person based on his name.

Anyone who does so is just a small, closed minded individual who can't see past the point of their nose.

He might run and turn out to be a great President or he might not even bother running.

He still has a while to enter politics and make a name for himself if thats the route he chooses. When/if he enters politics I will keep an eye on him, just like I am doing with Ron Pauls kid.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

You can't really judge a person based on his name.

Anyone who does so is just a small, closed minded individual who can't see past the point of their nose.

He might run and turn out to be a great President or he might not even bother running.

He still has a while to enter politics and make a name for himself if thats the route he chooses. When/if he enters politics I will keep an eye on him, just like I am doing with Ron Pauls kid.

I agree in part, about judging him on name alone.

But I think it would be a little naive to think this guy would grow into another Kennedy friend.

Was Bush I much different from Prescott Bush, Was Bush II much different from Bush I,would this guy be much different from the others?

Apples and Trees mate, Apples and Trees.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'll wait to judge him.

His last name could be hitler for all I care. The name doesn't determine the character.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"He might run and turn out to be a great President or he might not even bother running."

Now really, is there any chance of there ever being a great President again? They have been and will continue to be puppets who work for others , not the people..

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

I'll wait to judge him.

His last name could be hitler for all I care. The name doesn't determine the character.

Actually, I think I may have been a little harsh, I'm going to change the thread title, I don't want this to turn ugly, rather than debate if it's possible!

Thanks Bored To Tears!

[edit on 30-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This guys is a lot different from W. At age 33 he actually has a real job.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What?!!
Are you people kiding me?

The whole Bush family has gotten enough.

It is time to put an end to the same families over and over again.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I do think it would be wrong to (mis)judge him based solely on his family name. He deserves a fair look based on his own merits or demerits as the case may be.

However, something that has been brought up before with the Kennedys, George W. Bush, and with Hillary Clinton is the growing trend of Family Politicians becoming the new Aristocracy. We have a small handful of families in the United States who rule this nation, rather than a diversity of politicians from all walks of life that would more accurately represent the composition of the People of the United States.

Our Founding Fathers overthrew the shackles of Aristocracy, just as our French brethren did in their own Revolution shortly after ours.

Thomas Jefferson once said:

"There is an artificial aristocracy, founded on birth and privelege, without virtue or talents... The artificial aristocracy is a mischievous ingredient in government, and provisions should be made to prevent its ascendency."

Little more than two centuries have passed and we have once again an emerging Aristocracy in the United States comprised of those who are born into a particular family of wealth and privilege, who ascend to positions of power without virtue or talent.

For that reason alone, I would personally be hesitant to ever vote George P. Bush into the White House, regardless of what his merits or demerits may be.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
like the guy above me said, im sick of the same families running things.

but if things continue the way they are...we'll never have a non puppet.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would EVER consider voting another Bush into the White House. Then again I am still in shock that they voted in Obama.

Only thing I can figure is that the "dumbing down" of America is complete.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What's voting got to do with it?

If TPTB want George P Bush to be POTUS then he'll get the job.

TPTB just rigged the Irish Referendum to get the result they wanted after allowing a free vote first time round.

I dread the next UK Election and the ballot box stuffing that will take place. Assuming we have an election that is, and an emergency isn't declared and a Unity Govt installed, or God forbid they just meekly hand over power to the unelected European Commissioners to rule Europe as their personal set of fiefdoms.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the US(or atleast the civilian population) doesn't vote anyone into the white house. nuff said

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As others have said, he would deserve a fair hearing based upon the merits of his own character and his own political positions. Otherwise, I would have no problems whatsoever in voting for another member of the Bush family. A name alone doesn't automatically disqualify someone.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

My Butt,

Its not the name, its the ties to Oil, Defense and finance that get me, if you notice we were screwed in a legendary way by all three interests -

Learned my lesson

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
the US(or atleast the civilian population) doesn't vote anyone into the white house. nuff said

Uhm, maybe not directly, but indirectly they do. I'm not quite getting what you mean here?
If your point is that you may have voted for your President, but what really got him/her there is the money elite (the haves) or the illuminati or the puppet masters you might be partially right. I say partially just because you have to raise and spend a lot of money to get elected into any political position. But money alone won't get you there, you also need to appeal to the general populace and the people that change voting habits according to the general condition of their living standards.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Until the power of special interests in DC is curbed dramatically, that's never going to change. The current administration is a perfect example.

new topics

top topics

join