It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Aquarius is hundreds of years away-

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I think alot of that is very interesting. I disagree with the dates somewhat...like the idea that in another 9000 years we will be at the age of leo again. I think its more like another 12000 years give or take.

I do agree though that the sphinx is a marker of the beginning of the great year that we are now in. If you look at the zodiac as a clock, we are about half way around from Leo.

You brought up Sirius, which is interesting as well. In Egypt they followed Sirius closely and it seemed to also show a marker for the great year. I will have to look up the details of that again. Orion is connected to Sirius...for the 3 stars of the belt of Orion....points right to Sirius. When my mother told me to watch for 3 stars...I do have a feeling that the 3 stars to watch for are the belt that points to Sirius...but I dont say I know for sure, and keep my eye on them all.

I also think that the Sphinx connects to the astral plane....almost like a doorway. I dont think the things she saw and experiences was beneath the literal sphinx...but the sphinx in the astral plane. She said this was a place that held all memories of Earth.

I will read through what you posted again...and see if I find anything more. Can you give a link to it?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If you use the birth of Jesus for your starting point at year Zero (the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end) then the date for the Aquarius age is the year 2160AD.

just work it out for yourselves.. Seventytwo is the important number and the technology is the Celtic cross.(a circle with a cross within)

from year zero 30 degrees is Aquarius, 30 x 72 = 2160.
360 x 72 = 25920 this is the full cycle of the great year.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hey, there is no link, that was paraphrased from a book I am reading 'The Secret History of The World' by Mark Booth. It's very interesting to say the least.

Here is a link to that Robert Bauval's website where there is some great info about constellations and Egypt, robertbauval.co.uk...

Also an amazing interview with him I just got done watching where he goes over a bunch of stuff including Orion, www.youtube.com...

mmm...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
If you use the birth of Jesus for your starting point at year Zero (the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end) then the date for the Aquarius age is the year 2160AD.

just work it out for yourselves.. Seventytwo is the important number and the technology is the Celtic cross.(a circle with a cross within)

from year zero 30 degrees is Aquarius, 30 x 72 = 2160.
360 x 72 = 25920 this is the full cycle of the great year.

Hey! Thanks for adding here!

Here is my issue with the equally divided wheel of 30 degrees each sign. If we are going to use constellations/signs, we have a issue that all the signs are not of the same amount of space. Example is Scorpio, where the sun only rises in for 8 days. If we are going to ignore things like that....and ignore things like the sun now rises in a 13th sign called Ophiuchus....are we really being observers like the wise men of old were? In the days of old, astrology was linked with astronomy....it was not something that was 'fixed'. If the heavens are as 'signs' to us....mabey we really need to observe what is going on up there.

There has been much debate on the length of a great year. I now lean more towards the 26,000 years for a great year. 13,000 going down, 13,000 going up.

I agree the number 72 is important, for every 72 years, the sun seems to move 1 degree creating the changing of the ages.

Now Im all for equal division of the wheel....without the signs, I truly think for the clock work that sky can be used as, we need to remove the signs and just use numbers to say what division we are referring to. The signs cause much discrepancy for me.

In year 2160ad.....you will not be able to observe the sun in Aquarius, in true observation.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I remember reading something about the Egyptians noting that Sirius told the timing of a great year. It was something about for 13,000 years Sirius could be seen going 'up'....and another 13,000 years, Sirius could be seen going 'down'. Im going from memory here, so dont quote me on that
But....

Looking at that pic you put up....Im wondering if for 13,000 years, it seems to slowly rise on one side of the Pyramid....reaching the pinnacle at the half way point...and then for another 13,000 years, it proceeds downward slowly.

This probably is not right, but I have wondered many times what that meant of them observing Sirius ascending during one half of the clock and descending for the other half....or mabey even vise versa.

I just love love talking a bout it all...I try to just stay open to it all and not set my mind on anything for surely.

It just seems though, that there was something very important for mankind and this planet, with the Pyramid. It seems like this knowledge just blows in the winds....waiting. My mother believes now that we had help building the Pyramids, the set up and plan of them, was not our knowledge.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Cool, I am going to look into Sirius some more and see what I can find. You know way more than me about this astrology/astronomy stuff, so I always appreciate your input and will continue to ask you questions if you don't mind.

It seems the three Giza Pyramids were specifically built and aligned to point towards and map out Orion, so as Robert Bauval says, if we know when Orion was directly above them than this is how we can determine when they were built. They obviously weren't built by slaves to be tombs, in my opinion everything else is up in the air as a possibility, including what your mom said.

The Sphinx is also super interesting, because it is incorporates four animals in its design which match the constellations that represent the 'Four Corners of the Universe', an Oxen or Bull for the body (Taurus, SW?), evidence of wings on its back of an Eagle (Aquila, NW), the head of a Man or Victor (Hercules, NE), the feet of a Lion (Leo, SE). I think those directions and constellations are correct but not sure.

So much to learn!

ps. on a conspiracy note, the youtube channel that housed that interview with Bauval and many other great vids, has been suspended for some reason. I just was watching it last night and now it is gone!
Let's hope he just had some copywrite problems...

later...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hi again Life!

I still have much to learn...and what I do know, its always changing, so there will always be more to learn. It is great to have another interested in it all, sometimes I feel like the lone ranger.

On what you said here...

The Sphinx is also super interesting, because it is incorporates four animals in its design which match the constellations that represent the 'Four Corners of the Universe', an Oxen or Bull for the body (Taurus, SW?), evidence of wings on its back of an Eagle (Aquila, NW), the head of a Man or Victor (Hercules, NE), the feet of a Lion (Leo, SE). I think those directions and constellations are correct but not sure.

Is there anything that leads you to think the Sphinx had wings or that the body was not fully a Lion? All I have to go by was my mothers description of it, which I cant say it is truth...but she said that it was a female lioness with feature on the face that seemed of a man, for example, a beard. I have never heard any reasons for anyone to assume there was one wings with the Sphinx...so that would be a new one for me. She said even the nose on it was of the Lion...and that just the face outline along with the beard seemed to be of 'man'. Course, like I said, I sure cant claim that as a fact. But I was shocked to learn through my google search, when I typed in 'beard on the sphinx' that a museum holds the broken pieces of a 'beard' that was found with the Sphinx.

I hope the next month for you is a time of synchronisities, being the sun in Gemini. Course you might notice that when it enters Cancer that you will have synchrnisities as well. It could be a interesting couple months for you. I would defiantly though, note any dreams, right when you wake. Just friendly advice. I know I had some doozies when I started my path of seeking with the cosmos. I wish now I would of wrote them down while they were fresh on my mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The idea of wings of an eagle being on the Sphinx, comes from Ancient Greek writing, hieroglyphic writing, as well as some paintings/carvings that have been found throughout that area. Here is one picture upload.wikimedia.org... If this is true, I would think heavy rain fall over thousands of years (which their is evidence of) may of washed away any visible signs of them. Remember with the idea that the Pyramids were a mapping of Orion when it was directly over them dates them to maybe over 10,500 years old, and the Sphinx is said to have been built before them, so? Is there any way for you to verify when Orion would have been over them?

As far as the Oxen body, there are a few things I have found that may back that up. In the book of Ezekiel in the Bible it says "As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle (Ezk. 1:10)."

Also I read before that some archeologists and historians have backed this up. Here is a quote I just found from a cool looking site:

Also the Sphinx on the Giza plateau fits into the grander picture of Hancock and Bauval’s theory. The Sphinx faces East at the exact location where the Sun rises on the day of the vernal equinox (21 March). At sunrise on the vernal equinox around 10.500 B.C. the Sun aligned itself with the constellation Leo, its own celestial counterpart image in the sky! Analysis of the Sphinx tells us that it symbolizes all of the four cardinal signs on the Zodiacal wheel, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio (the latter sign is often depicted as an eagle). The Sphinx has the body of a bull (Taurus), the wings of an eagle (Scorpio) the face of a man (Aquarius, water bearer) and an overall appearance of a lion (Leo).
www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

I'll do some more research on this tomadra as I am trying to compose this other thread I just made about the Art of Peace. Thank you for all the good wishes, I have already had some good spiritual experiences in the past week or so, so hopefully they continue! The moon is big and bright tonight, maybe that's why I have so much energy to continue reading and writing!

mmm...

ps. I will make sure to write down any good dreams I have, great advice!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The Pole star will be in Aquarius not the Sun.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo

The Pole star will be in Aquarius not the Sun.

Im sorry but what are you talking about? The pole star does not enter the path of the Sun, the zodiacal circle.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I have heard that theory before of the Sphinx being a personification of the cardinal signs. The reasons for the wings is not so much for the 'scorpion' but because that sign used to be personified as a bird (Phoenix or something).

Even though the pictures of other cultures displayed images of the 4 animals together in one...I still cant assume the Sphinx ever had wings. But not saying that it surely did not. It could of been that way. I still see it as a lion/man....one of the oldest 'gods' in Egypt is the Lion Goddess.

There is a video that shows how Orion was over the Pyramids...in fact I think it is one of Hancock's videos, Ill try to find it. I think he has some great ideas.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ahhh here we go...you may have already seen this Life?

To take this a step further, to apply to today. If this is the marker of the starting of a great year after a major catalysts on the Earth, then we are half way around the clock.

If you think about the Sphinx facing Leo....then think about what would of been behind the Sphinx, it would of been Aquarius (or the cusp between Aquarius and Pisces). In this thought, today, the Sphinx is facing what was once, behind it at the rising of Leo).

Literally, this would mean, we are at a half way point in our great year of time.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I Have a pic you might have interests in, I use it often when I am trying to understand the mechanics of it all.

The outside circle on the image is the astronomical display, of what we see in the cosmos today when we truly observe. Notice it includes Ophiuchus.

The other two are labeled as sidereal and tropical. Sidereal is a bit closer being it does account for a wobble on Earth...but ignores the signs having different amounts of space and ignores still Ophiuchus. Tropical is the fixed wheel that so many astrologist use today. Very off, if you notice.

According to this, we are not right at the half way point...If I am looking at this right, Leo needs to move a bit to the left to reach the top before we would be at the half way point. Then you can kinda figure where the sun is going to be facing when Leo does reach the top.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As far as the wings are concerned, I do not know. I just have to study this stuff further before I have any real opinion I guess. Good vid link, thanks.

So according to the tropical, we are just entering into pices leaving aires? Lol?

Is there anyway to coordinate years (in gregorian time) to the astronomical wheel?

Where are we currently on the outer wheel, 6 O'clock?

I am a little confused on how this all works again. So where the Sun rises on the equinox, is how we determine what age we are in?

Please add anything more you think of on this subject, I am super interested!

Thanks!

mmm...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

According to the Tropical, we never leave the age of Aries. The only good I find of this would be IF IF IF the great year did start if Aries, then its good to know 'where we started at'. But I disagree with when the great year started, I think its more in the age of Leo. This would take us back to the last great ice age...when it seems life fell and rose again.

And yes, on the outer wheel, we are at the 6'0clock spot. Close to entering a new age...and close to being at the exact half way point on the clock.

I find great importance in the half way point, just as all nature has cycles, I find this 'great year' has cycles within its cycle.

Some say that the opposite signs are just as important as ones rising sign. So there may be just as much importance on the sign that was to the back of the Sphinx, as the one that was to the front of the Sphinx.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hello. I was just up all night using stellarium myself to determine this exact same question. The first year that the sun is fully in the aquarius boundary (near as I can tell) is 2647 a.d. I have a screenshot saved. I was going to post my own thread, but I figured I'd check to see if there was already something about it here.

here you go ; )

www.facebook.com...

I didn't zoom in and save it, but if you did zoom in at this specific time and date you would see that the edge of the sun is RIGHT on the line.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

Hi there!

It is hard to determine what would be a accurate date of it all. I go by when the Sun is finally off of the line since normally in birthdays and such the line is called 'on the cusp'. Going by that, we have at least a 100 years of being 'on the cusp' of an age which to me is interesting is you consider that these times on cusps could be times of large shifts in consciousness as a world or something along those lines.

Its nice to see another who is interested in using the actual positions of the sky and its spheres instead of using predicted assumptions of the cosmos.

Many are convinced that we are already in the age of Aquarius or that we enter it in 2012 and I find that to be wrong.

Maybe if people were more aware that we have things to do to wrap up a true age of Pisces we could have a better transition into the coming age. We still work to do before the water carrier comes

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Resurrecting this old thread, but it is TIMELESS information.

First, a big thank you for posting this. This is VERY fascinating and thought-provoking stuff.

After reading Leo-Virgo's posts I downloaded Stellarium and have been playing with it all afternoon. Plugging in various dates illustrates just how tiny and insignificant we are (our solar system merely an ant pile) plus how SLOWLY we are moving.

Unfortunately, this program is flawed. I discovered this just by accident while playing with my birth date. Going in back time to see exactly WHEN the sun was in fact first in Sagittarius (my "corrected" sign) instead of Capricorn (my "original" sign), the sun's position JUMPS from 1583 (the end of the archer's cape) to 1582 (under the goat's nose). That inch and a half is the equivalent of at least 1500 years based on my earlier dabblings with the program (going back as far as 23,837 years Before Christ). So, now, based on that fact, I am taking EVERYTHING in this program with a big bag of salt.

BTW, my earlier playing revealed that the sun was midway between Leo and Virgo in 23,500 B.C. But of course that date is now suspect in light of the error that I found.

The publishers state that the software is algorithms based upon current observations, so if the speed at which the solar system/sun proceeded through the equinoxes was faster or slower in ancient times (astronomic cosmogenesis theories come to mind), that would NOT be reflected in this program either.

edit on 20-3-2011 by SmartestOne because: Error

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SmartestOne

Interesting info there...I will look it all up when I get the chance. My personal computer is getting a touch up so I have no access to Stellarium at the moment. Will check out what you mentioned though as soon as I get back online with it all in a couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SmartestOne

Hello again

So I have my computer up and going again (thank goodness!) and was wanting to look into what you saw on Stellarium.

I discovered this just by accident while playing with my birth date. Going in back time to see exactly WHEN the sun was in fact first in Sagittarius (my "corrected" sign) instead of Capricorn (my "original" sign), the sun's position JUMPS from 1583 (the end of the archer's cape) to 1582 (under the goat's nose)

Are you referring to 1583 and 1582 as dates (year)...and can you give me exactly what you are talking about that you notice? Are you talking from one day to the next or over a months time? I looked up 1582 towards the end of December which puts the Sun in Sagittarius. I watched it move through the signs for about a months time.

Are you looking at a specific day and month in 1583 and then looking at that same month and day in 1582?

Let me know...Ill still be checking it out further
LV

<< 1  2    4 >>

join