It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Death Panel is Back In!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Sorry, abortion is legal.
Has been since 1973.
Another Red Herring.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Strange but I don't think I implied abortion wasn't legal. Perhaps you should read my post again. I am merely pointing out one "possible"
way to block a legal abortion.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

We can get end of life counseling on our own.
We do NOT need our government paying someone to stick
their nose in our hospital room to give us a death panel lecture.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Gee, a little testy?
Tell you what, if women seeking abortions ask for help in counseling, it's OK by me to pay for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yawn. Guess you don't know what voluntary means.
Look it up Mr Palin.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Vomit all you like in your vast misconception. Wallow in it. Nobody is going to counsel anybody about a "death panel". Sheesh. Never was, never will be.

It's to discuss options. Nursing home? hospice? Home health care?
Life support? Need a minister? Need to rent some medical equipment to take home? Is there a family member who can realistically provide this care or do you have enough personal money to pay a sitter? Can we help you locate a hospice you can afford?

Hospitals generally have social workers for that kind of thing, so they just moreless want to make it available for everyone, including those hospitals who can't afford that type staff.

That's all it is. Now, continue with your closed-mind and refusal to listen to the truth. Live in your little hate Obama land, regardless of the truth.
Stand Firm in your Propaganda. Good for you. I hope all your relatives are rolling in cash, and know every social service and option available in your community. (So Obama does not sentence them to death by medical neglect -- or how ever it is you propose he plans to kill them).

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As mentioned before....the insurance companies are making these decisions everyday and since they are a for profit organization, that is a factor in their decision. It is their right...they are a business. But some things in life (such as life itself) should not be about profit. Call me naive......

"Death Panels"
"Keep your nose outta my hospital room"
"I don't want some bureaucrat deciding for me"

This is what I keep reading from anti-health reformers. None of these things are in the bill. It is to provide funding ( thus incentive) for people to make living wills instead of paying lawyers, which because of cost, stops people from doing so. There is no bureaucrat/government official involved. It is a doctor/patient/counselor relationship. Do it now, while your healthy and young...I'm 37 and have had one since I turned 30. I convinced my parents to do the same, so I don't have that added pressure when something does happen. I KNOW I couldn't make compendant decisions in that situation. Every responsible person should do so and most civilized countries provide some sort of funding or service.

I cannot believe people are scared of this...if anything it is reassuring.

Medical Tourism Wiki

It works both ways......quoted from source:

A forecast by Deloitte Consulting published in August 2008 projected that medical tourism originating in the US could jump by a factor of ten over the next decade. An estimated 750,000 Americans went abroad for health care in 2007, and the report estimated that a million and a half would seek health care outside the US in 2008. The growth in medical tourism has the potential to cost US health care providers billions of dollars in lost revenue.[10]

I'm one of those pinko Canucks with socialized medical care. No one I know, family or friends, has anything bad to say about our system. I have never come across the horror stories that anti socialized medical care peeps talk about. There are some problems and I'm sure bad stories, but the good by far outweighs the bad. And it's not free.....I'm taxed. I'm not getting a "handout".

Here's a quick personal story for you. One evening I got a really bad tooth ache. In the middle of the night I awoke to the excruciating pain of an abscess. In the morning I phoned my dental office( non government entity...a private PROFIT seeking company....my "employee" in essence), told the scene and stressed it was an emergency. I have no dental insurance and pay out of pocket ( not so lucrative for them as they can't inflate the bill and screw an insurer)

"Sorry we're booked full today."

"It's an emergency...my face is swollen up like a pumpkin, I'm in great pain...you don't even have to sit me in the chair...just prescribe some anti biotics and pain killers!!!!"

"Sorry sir, you'll have to go to the emergency room, we can't fit you in today..."

"Please.....it will only take 2 mins! I'm In pain here and the swelling is so bad my eye is almost closed!"

"Sorry sir...we can't...bye"

OK, I wasn't about to go to the emergency room for this, like the morons that go for a common cold and overload the system. I phone my general practitioner's office. Told them the scoop...

"We're booked full today....hmmmm.....How quickly could you get here?"

"15-20 mins"

"Great come on over"

One hour later I was walking outta the pharmacy with my antibiotics and Tylenol 3's. Doctor visit cost nothing(I can hear the.....but you paid taxes for it....yes I did
) and both pill sets cost me $23.95 total.
That's the difference when you take out the profit and just try and care for people.

A tidbit for ya'll....

Business Week

Quote from source:

Study Links Medical Costs and Personal Bankruptcy Harvard researchers say 62% of all personal bankruptcies in the U.S. in 2007 were caused by health problems—and 78% of those filers had insurance

What does that tell ya about the current American system/setup? Don't let the lobbyists and self serving politicians distract you with scary sound bites like ( cue the Darth Vader entering a room music)"DEATH PANELS"

I sincerely hope you guys can get it sorted out. You have to start somewhere and then fine tune the system...that's what we try to do

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Don't even try to reason. He's not interested in it.
People simply repeat what they are told.
Palin and the Republicans have no interest in actually helping anyone. They simply want to destroy Obama and serve the interest of big business.
Despite the propaganda, most Americans want the public option.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I can voluntarily get my own counseling.
We don't need to grow government with death panel counselors.
Rip it and leave it out.
When Team Obama has a really bad Tuesday night they might just
walk away from PelosiCare altogether. Problem solved.

As of now only 42% approve of PelosiCare.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Acting civily might include some compassion and concern for your fellow Americans. you seem to have none.
You didn't answer my question Mr Scholar, why should any American family have to go bankrupt to provide health care?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You can get your own counseling. So can I. I'm happy for us.
But, unfortunately, this is not just about us. We live in a very large country with many different people in different circumstances. Just trying to level the playing field a little. I thought after all, we all wish to conserve and provide for the middle class, which most of us are. A terminally ill close relative can cost megabucks.

I honestly believe Sarah Palin came up with this entire circus so she could then come in and appear to "save the day". It was all created by her; a non-crisis. "Save us" from something from which we don't need saving, just to boost her own ego and attempt to create a reputation for herself. It's so transparent! What crisis? What death panel? It doesn't exist. This alone, is enough to give pause concerning her judgment for most people.

It's manipulation and sensationalism. People want to be saved. Create a crisis. Save them. It's by far the cheapest trick in politics.

Edit for note to Old Dragger: Your posts are either hilarious; brutally honest, or posted on sheer guts. I love 'em.

[edit on 11/2/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks. I enjoy your posts as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've received a divine revelation......

....Obamacare=socialized medicine= death panels=soylent green...

throw in some swine flu + fema camps and we're good to go...ahhh...it all makes sense now

Do ya think with the swine flu was thrown in so we'll taste more bacon like?

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Connector]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

So what ever the people need government should come marching in and offer it to the people, is that you basic ideal american way of life? No, I think not.....you all are so busy playing silly high school name calling games, your letting this country go to SH!*.
Personally, I don't want to pay for anyones anything. Man/Woman up and take responsiblity for yourself for a change. Take to Toilet Paper from your governments hand and wipe you own a$$.
It is high time for all of us to JUST SAY NO TO GOVERNMENT.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Lilitu

Gee, a little testy?
Tell you what, if women seeking abortions ask for help in counseling, it's OK by me to pay for it.

Oh my! You still don't get it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It should not be done by the government! Too many slippery slopes created. Too many chances for abuse. Too many opportunities for slow-motion government bureaucrats that don't give a rats a$$ about you to make life or death decisions for you.

Wow!

The first legitimate argument i've seen in a while that didnt' involve sensationalism or infinitely stupid lies.

I respect your opinion on why Government shouldn't pay for health care.

But i pose this question - why do you so willfully trust corporations?

Or anyone else for that matter.

Its like that old episode of South Park where the kids had to vote for the new mascot at school.

Douchebag
vs.
Turd Sandwich

Those will always be your choices. Nobody except for you and your family will ever be for YOU. So you have to choose what is best for YOU when deciding between a douchebag or a turd sandwich.

In this case - Public Option Please.

It costs *ME* Less money.

oh, and edit to point out

you say:

make life or death decisions for you.

wrong. They just pay for it. You can't be denied coverage for a life saving medical procedure.

You could, however, be denied money to get breast implants (if you're a female...or just a guy whose into that sort of thing) if you make the claim that it'd help your mental health by promoting a better self-image.

Just because they'd deny you $$$ for that - doesn't mean they'd let you die.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Yes I "get it".
You think you have made some some brilliant point about abortion. You haven't. Your goofball statement is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
bye now!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Double post!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

wrong. They just pay for it. You can't be denied coverage for a life saving medical procedure.

Questions for you: Who pays for something without a quid pro quo? So, what is the federal government's quid pro quo?

And for hopefully, the last time for those that slept through Econ 101, if the government pays for it, it's really all of us paying for it through taxes.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

I think this thread is done.
Obama got slammed by the Governor races in New Jersey and
Virginia.
Now there is no deadline for PelosiCare/ ObamaCare.
Just forget the whole thing until 2010.
Forget Cap & Trade also. It's a job killer.
Over 15 million people are unemployed.
The defeats are piling up for Obama.

Olympics in Chicago - No
Fox News marginalized - No
Help Corzine get re-elected in NJ - No
ObamaCare by the end of 2009 - No

What's next?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join